Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Kingdom Hearts all on Steam

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Kingdom Hearts 3 is the game that cements Donald Duck as the single most powerful magic user in all of the extended Final Fantasy universe.
And yet he can't heal for shit. When does he get so OP? I remember these two being useless in the first two games, outside of cutscenes.
All the times he let Sora die from no Cure was him saving his MP for this one glorious moment.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the game that cements Donald Duck as the single most powerful magic user in all of the extended Final Fantasy universe.
And yet he can't heal for shit. When does he get so OP? I remember these two being useless in the first two games, outside of cutscenes.
Donald can't heal for shit because he's not a white mage, because as it turns out he's actually a black mage with that kind of firepower.
I know, it's a joke I remember it was used back then, as he knows Heal but rarely uses it. By KH2 though, Donald's AI prioritizes healing Sora if he's at low HP.

*checks*

Damn, that must be all of Donald's rage focused on an hyperbeam to be THAT strong. And he does so without incantation, merely passing out.
I'm pretty sure he actually died from the strain since this is the version of events that Sora had to go back in time and re-write. Goofy and everyone else also died shortly thereafter.

Yeah, despite how stupid this series' excuse for a story is, I'll still spoiler it. I'm classy.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Didn't someone in Bravely Default also cast Zettaflare?
That chick was borrowing powers from a multidimensional god of destruction, she didn't cast it on her own. Donald meanwhile just whips that shit out and only knocks himself out over it.

Also note that Goofy warns Donald against using it, meaning that Goofy had either seen the Zettaflare before, or he is versed enough in magical lore to know what was coming.

This is the first time i've ever been interested in KH lore

Do go on about Arch-Mage Donald the Wise

Caim

Arcane
Didn't someone in Bravely Default also cast Zettaflare?
That chick was borrowing powers from a multidimensional god of destruction, she didn't cast it on her own. Donald meanwhile just whips that shit out and only knocks himself out over it.

Also note that Goofy warns Donald against using it, meaning that Goofy had either seen the Zettaflare before, or he is versed enough in magical lore to know what was coming.
This is the first time i've ever been interested in KH lore

Do go on about Arch-Mage Donald the Wise
Here's Donald, Goofy and some anime boy dogpiling Davy Jones in front of a very confused Jack Sparrow:

at the very least i can use these to brainwash my wife's disney-addled brain to get into some serious weeb stuff
The weeb loses to Monsters Inc:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom