Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 releasing for real on March 25th

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
LMAO This isn't about me personally, dumbass.

Besides, I am *slowly* making my own game, and I got a better deal. 100% profit outside of the money I spent on the software.

Of coruse, knowing me, I'll never finish it so HAHA!

None of your spam, FYI, disputes what I wrote. 50/50 is a rip off. PERIOD.

But, I guess you think the current gas prices arne't a rip off? FYI, That is another thing that doesn't effect me since I don't drive. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

dacencora

Pretty retarded take, tbh. I think a profit-sharing model sounds dope. I don’t think there’s anything precluding people from making free modules, but it sounds like you could make something a bit higher-budget and get some money from it too.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I agree that 50/50 is steep.

Yeah, something like 70/30 makes more sense I do admit.

Pierre isn't exactly a master of good business decisions though, this is the same guy that refused to put KOTC on GOG or Steam unless they published his awful RTS back in the day.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the standards of video game publishing deals, 50/50 is pretty good.

My worry here would be that Pierre is such a weirdo that he'll allow some bizarre shit to be sold.

Codex Year of the Donut
All your gibberish and not one bit of that bullshit you spewed proved what I stated was wrong.

He has power so he can charge what he wants. It is still a rip off.

A corner store in a small town can charge double what is charged in a city. They can do that, it is legal, and the buyer has no choice. Still a rip off.

Write your own OGL 3e engine in Unity/Unreal Engine/Monogame/C then. Have fun spending thousands of hours on that before you get to write any actual content for your game.
p. sure gemrb already has a lot of 3e rules implemented due to iwd2 support

it's probably the closest to off the shelf you can get

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Yeah, something like 70/30 makes more sense I do admit."

So, you finally admitted it in public. You do hate me, and were just trolling me. That's cool.

"My worry here would be that Pierre is such a weirdo that he'll allow some bizarre shit to be sold."

There should be ZERO restrictions. The more bizarre the better. Either way he gets his money. And, since, the market for this style of game is already small, he shouldn't be too picky. If someone is willing to give him 50% profits, and he doesn't have to do any extra work, only a dummy would turn them down. L0L

dacencora

This seems like a very typical “muh modders’ rights” debate. I dunno why modders feel like they have a right to modifications they’ve made to someone else’s work. It’s strange. Here Pierre is offering a profit-sharing model for building a mod for his game, which is super rare, and people are whining about it? It doesn’t really make sense to me. The other thing too is that if he’s willing to sell it, he’s going to have to support it too, right? Oh well, modders gonna mod, I suppose.

Codex Year of the Donut
This seems like a very typical “muh modders’ rights” debate. I dunno why modders feel like they have a right to modifications they’ve made to someone else’s work. It’s strange. Here Pierre is offering a profit-sharing model for building a mod for his game, which is super rare, and people are whining about it? It doesn’t really make sense to me. The other thing too is that if he’s willing to sell it, he’s going to have to support it too, right? Oh well, modders gonna mod, I suppose.
a custom module isn't the same as a modification in the same way fnv isn't just a mod for fo3

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
All your gibberish and not one bit of that bullshit you spewed proved what I stated was wrong.

He has power so he can charge what he wants. It is still a rip off.

A corner store in a small town can charge double what is charged in a city. They can do that, it is legal, and the buyer has no choice. Still a rip off.

Write your own OGL 3e engine in Unity/Unreal Engine/Monogame/C then. Have fun spending thousands of hours on that before you get to write any actual content for your game.
p. sure gemrb already has a lot of 3e rules implemented due to iwd2 support

it's probably the closest to off the shelf you can get

GemRB support for IWD2 still isn't complete apparently, but it might not be a terrible option as a starting point if you wanted to make something in that style.

Humbaba

Arcane
50:50 actually isn't a bad deal, most publishers, distributors and the like take 60 usually at the very least.

dacencora

a custom module isn't the same as a modification in the same way fnv isn't just a mod for fo3
It is more similar to a custom campaign for Warcraft 3 or something like that. In other words, still a mod.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"50:50 actually isn't a bad deal, most publishers, distributors and the like take 60 usually at the very least."

But, the devlopers get paid an actual salary though. He ain't gonna be paying the creators a slaary right?

"This seems like a very typical “muh modders’ rights” debate. I dunno why modders feel like they have a right to modifications they’ve made to someone else’s work. It’s strange. Here Pierre is offering a profit-sharing model for building a mod for his game, which is super rare, and people are whining about it? It doesn’t really make sense to me. The other thing too is that if he’s willing to sell it, he’s going to have to support it too, right? Oh well, modders gonna mod, I suppose."

When money is exchanging hands, it is no longer a 'simple mod'. It is a business deal. I think it is hilarious that the same people who bash publishers for their unfair deals; find this acceptable. Afterall, he's basically acting like a defacto publisher. When you make a mod for NWN, BIO/EA make $0 from it (the pay for mods aside).

He can make whatever contract he wants. And, i can say it is a rip off. And, it is.

Again, one money is involved and presumably a contract, it is no longer a 'simple mod'. LMAO

dacencora

I think you’re reading way too much into this, and you’re very invested. Probably a modder. They’re all the same lol.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A dumb question perhaps, but is the release version the same as the last kickstarter version, or is it going to come with a new patch?

Because I feel like starting a new game, and don't want to wait two weeks.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
A dumb question perhaps, but is the release version the same as the last kickstarter version, or is it going to come with a new patch?

Because I feel like starting a new game, and don't want to wait two weeks.

Knowing Pierre, it's very likely he'll do a final release version when it hits Steam/GOG in a couple of weeks, but who the hell knows?

Most of the changes he has made to the campaign etc have already been made. The version I played in July was very different to the initial release.

Mustawd

"50:50 actually isn't a bad deal, most publishers, distributors and the like take 60 usually at the very least."

But, the devlopers get paid an actual salary though. He ain't gonna be paying the creators a slaary right?

"This seems like a very typical “muh modders’ rights” debate. I dunno why modders feel like they have a right to modifications they’ve made to someone else’s work. It’s strange. Here Pierre is offering a profit-sharing model for building a mod for his game, which is super rare, and people are whining about it? It doesn’t really make sense to me. The other thing too is that if he’s willing to sell it, he’s going to have to support it too, right? Oh well, modders gonna mod, I suppose."

When money is exchanging hands, it is no longer a 'simple mod'. It is a business deal. I think it is hilarious that the same people who bash publishers for their unfair deals; find this acceptable. Afterall, he's basically acting like a defacto publisher. When you make a mod for NWN, BIO/EA make $0 from it (the pay for mods aside).

He can make whatever contract he wants. And, i can say it is a rip off. And, it is.

Again, one money is involved and presumably a contract, it is no longer a 'simple mod'. LMAO

Try using the quote feature on the forum, genius. It’s free.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I use the quote function.

in school, these were used as "quotes". if not those, maybe use this for 'paraphrasing'.

Why don't you use the whining function. Oh. You already did. Good job. :)

Humbaba

Arcane
Of course not, he's not their employer. This is a completely normal publishing deal essentially, I don't know what's so controversial.

Note: pls use quote function thx

Volourn

Pretty Princess
'Controversial'. don't go overboard. I said it a rip off, and claiming that it is just a normal 'publisher' deal is my point. Publishers who make deals like that are ripping off the developer. The Codex and others agree that they are yet somehow what I wrote was 'controversial'. LMAO

He has the right to make wahtever deal he wants with anyone who takes him up on the fofer. I can say it is a rip off. Others in this thread - even those who whined about it - agree with me claiming '70/30' would be 'make more sense'. So, all this crying about my 'it's a rip off' comment is HILARIOUS.

"Note: pls use quote function thx"

"No." - so sayeth Volourn.

Humbaba

Arcane
70:30 in favour of the creator is absolutely utopian. As I've said, 60:40 publisher:creator is the bare minimum and 50:50 is generous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom