Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Knights of the Nine

Lumpy

Arcane
http://www.elderscrolls.com/news/press_101706.htm
It seems that Knights of the Nine will be released on the 21st of November, in a downloadable version, and also a boxed version, which will include all the official plug-ins as well.
Rather than spend all his time killing evil necromancers, evil mercenaries, gladiators, assassination targets, daedra and undead, the player will finally be able to take a break for it all, and instead start killing the evil sorcerer and his demonic minions, while finding ancient relics which are scaled to the player's level.
Seems that Bethesda is finally on the right track.[/quote]

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Hahah, sell little downloadable content packages, then put them all together and put them in a box and call it an expansion. Holla!

To get Knights of the Nine you will have to buy the box, it looks like. Good news for people who have already paid for all the downloadable content, and will have to pay for them again. Stupidity tax.

obediah

Erudite
Lord Chambers said:
Hahah, sell little downloadable content packages, then put them all together and put them in a box and call it an expansion. Holla!

To get Knights of the Nine you will have to buy the box, it looks like. Good news for people who have already paid for all the downloadable content, and will have to pay for them again. Stupidity tax.

Just imagine the possibilities if EA bought Bethesda, and then Lucas bought EA.

In three years we'd be signing over the deeds to our houses to Lucas, with a horribly confused look on our face, "but.. I didn't even buy Oblivion "

crufty

Arcane
G. Lucas looks like a man who is a little embarassed at the massive amount of money he's been able to extract from folks.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm not sure what I feel about this. On one hand, the idiots who bought Oblivion, the downloadable content and who will buy this expansion richly deserve to have their money taken away. But on the other hand, I don't like seeing programmers who might have made some decent game if they'd put their mind to it waste their time making money-extraction machines instead.

Texas Red

Whiner
So they are only releasing this new addon in a box? Whats stopping them from putting it online like they will for the xbox? Isnt Bethesda ashamed, damn it? At least maybe this will open the eyes of the fanboys... or perhaps blind them even more.

stargelman

Scholar
Uh.. do you guys have a reading problem? It states quite clearly, right there in the first paragraph, that you can buy it online. That's the version that doesn't include the other downloads. In addition to that there will be a boxed version packaged with the other downloadables. Not that difficult to understand, is it?

I sure as hell won't look at that with my ass, as we say over here.

Lumpy

Arcane
Lord Chambers said:

They are also releasing it online.

Lumpy

Arcane
suibhne said:
This is awesome. They're fucking over their entire fanbase.
Huh? How?
They're giving more crap to the people who like crap. That doesn't count as fucking over.

suibhne

Erudite
Lumpy said:
suibhne said:
Huh? How?
They're giving more crap to the people who like crap. That doesn't count as fucking over.

Are you serious? :lol:

Either I've read all of this incorrectly, or anyone who purchases the expansion will get, for free, all of the plugins for which the Oblivion fanbase has already shelled out an eff-ton of money. I guess you could say they paid for the privilege to play around with those plugins early, before the release of the expansion...but I wouldn't blame folks for not looking at it so generously.

Lumpy

Arcane
I doubt that the boxed version won't cost 10$ more than the KotN single download.

Texas Red

Whiner
suibhne said:
Lumpy said:
suibhne said:
Huh? How?

Are you serious? :lol:

Either I've read all of this incorrectly, or anyone who purchases the expansion will get, for free, all of the plugins for which the Oblivion fanbase has already shelled out an eff-ton of money. I guess you could say they paid for the privilege to play around with those plugins early, before the release of the expansion...but I wouldn't blame folks for not looking at it so generously.

Thats not an expansion. But no doubt it will cost like one. Maybe it will be marketed as one and we will get the joy of complaining about how it got 9/10 at Gamespot(although 8/10 is more realistic).

suibhne

Erudite
Oh nm, I get it now - the retail version includes everything, the d/l version includes only this new "content" (which is Beth's preferred nomenclature). Yes, I really did misunderstand the whole thing.

I still reserve the right to incessantly ridicule it for other reasons.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
1161166965originalcopygg3.jpg

Frankie

Novice
I'm not going to touch this I don't think. They still can't fix, or won't fix, the obivous flaws in the interface and the bugs that can be fixed.

It doesn't look like anything spectacular and not worth it.

suibhne

Erudite
Frankie said:
I'm not going to touch this I don't think. They still can't fix, or won't fix, the obivous flaws in the interface and the bugs that can be fixed.

I'm disappointed in you, Frankie. The game ships with mod tools - those "problems" are there for the community to fix!

Nael

Arcane
So this expansion adds ONE new faction huh? That's like 2 hours worth of gameplay right there. What a damn bargain! [/sarcasm]

Darkflame

Scholar
Summer: With MK apparently being involved, it should contain some pretty good stuff. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/932.gif)

I am looking forward to it. Since I have not dowloaded any online content, I plan to add the boxed version to my collection. I look forward to playing it. But reading a bit about it, it seems I will need to start a new character to properly play it. It seems the faction frowns upon those with arrests or murder in their plate. I fear I will have to restart with a healer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/932.gif)

I am interested to know the cost and if it will be available for pre-order. I need to know when to plan my town trip in Nov. should I not be able to have it delivered.

I wonder... Do you think, if I created an account over there and acted really well behaved and promoted Oblivion at every chance, that maybe they might allow me moderator status and thus my chance to ban every single member on those forums?

elkston

Novice
Spectacle said:
I'm not sure what I feel about this. On one hand, the idiots who bought Oblivion, the downloadable content and who will buy this expansion richly deserve to have their money taken away.

What's your problem? Just because someone buys a game you don't approve of they are an idiot? People you haven't even met or spoken to personally?

ixg

Erudite
I played Morrowind and my IQ dropped 10 points. I was going to sue Bethesda, but then I saw a mudcrab and forgot. Filthy things.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
stargelman said:
Uh.. do you guys have a reading problem?
Doh, I obviously do. In my defense, I was just skimming before heading out, and so I threw in the "looks like" to try and cover my bases.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom