Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Knights of the Nine

dongle

Scholar
So I guess there won't be any real expansions then?

Be interesting to see how well integrated with the existing world this faction is. I actually expected it to remain exclusive to PS3, given Bethesda's track record of doing a ham-fisted job of this. The plug-ins so far do the absolute minimum, a note flies magically into your hand telling you you've inherited a castle, nobody has anything to say about it, ever, and so on. Even the Morrowind expansions were self contained and did little to the main island. Will this faction be off in its own special cell having no interaction with the world? You'd think a chivalrous order would have some sort of response to their world being invaded by demons? We shall see. . . .

Nael

Arcane
dongle said:

Be interesting to see how well integrated with the existing world this faction is..

Please tell me you're joking...

Is there anything in Oblivion that is effectively integrated in the ORIGINAL game? Every quest/faction is pretty much a basic default template with different words to make it EVIL or GOOD. Kinda like Madlibs for Todd Howard, and his friends the flying the monkeys things. And from what I've read they're even touting it as a "Dark Brotherhood" for goody two-shoe characters. :roll:

Frankie

Novice
ixg said:
I played Morrowind and my IQ dropped 10 points. I was going to sue Bethesda, but then I saw a mudcrab and forgot. Filthy things.

ROFL!!!!! This is the funniest thing I've seen posted in a while. :D

Got to sig this.

Nael

Arcane
Darkflame said:
I wonder... Do you think, if I created an account over there and acted really well behaved and promoted Oblivion at every chance, that maybe they might allow me moderator status and thus my chance to ban every single member on those forums?

If you have no soul, no life, and lots of time on your hands be my guest. Besides, if you banned them all what else would we have left to laugh at?

Shoelip

Arbiter
elkston said:
Spectacle said:
I'm not sure what I feel about this. On one hand, the idiots who bought Oblivion, the downloadable content and who will buy this expansion richly deserve to have their money taken away.

What's your problem? Just because someone buys a game you don't approve of they are an idiot? People you haven't even met or spoken to personally?

No no no, you've got it all wrong. They're idiots because they're buying a steaming pile of shit that isn't even well disguised, and then paying for extra little shit pellets to add to it. Finally, they're all getting ripped off even further because Bethsoft is now selling another steaming pile of shit with all the little pellets included.

Darkflame

Scholar
Nael said:
Darkflame said:
I wonder... Do you think, if I created an account over there and acted really well behaved and promoted Oblivion at every chance, that maybe they might allow me moderator status and thus my chance to ban every single member on those forums?

If you have no soul, no life, and lots of time on your hands be my guest. Besides, if you banned them all what else would we have left to laugh at?

Hell I could easily just use a bot to cycle through premade responses and post different combinations of them for me, it doesn't require time or even life to emulate the soulless... and banning the entire forum would be pretty damn funny...

"Oblivon is teh most awesomest game in all the land!! and prettyest too!!! I kild this crab and he was carreing a spoon can u beleeve it!!!1"

"hell-o i just got out of a tunnel but whare is the imperal sity?1"

"bethasduh is so talented or els they cood not hav maid oblion!!1"

and so on...

Nael

Arcane
Darkflame said:
Nael said:
Darkflame said:

Hell I could easily just use a bot to cycle through premade responses and post different combinations of them for me, it doesn't require time or even life to emulate the soulless... and banning the entire forum would be pretty damn funny...

"Oblivon is teh most awesomest game in all the land!! and prettyest too!!! I kild this crab and he was carreing a spoon can u beleeve it!!!1"

"hell-o i just got out of a tunnel but whare is the imperal sity?1"

"bethasduh is so talented or els they cood not hav maid oblion!!1"

and so on...

But you still haven't answered my ultimate question. What would we have to laugh at without them if you banned them? They're like lemmings. They're so cute and fuzzy, but they're even more hysterical when they jump off of cliffs because the one in front of them did it first.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Khajiit Overlord Rainer said:
Frankie said:
Unless they are going to fix the obvious flaws in the interface and the well documented bugs that are still in the game, I'm not touching it.

You would think that after all this time they could done that and if they have tell us they have.
Xaana: The Interface works fine, Frankie. Any "flaws" are just little things that, to you, seem to make or break a game.

I don't go back to game stores and return a game saying "The game was fine, I just didn;t like the interface"

And Bugs seem to be tempermental matters. Some people have the patch and get bugged up the wazoo, and some people don;t have the patch and have encountered few bugs.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... try8367462

:|

dongle

Scholar
Nael said:
dongle said:

Be interesting to see how well integrated with the existing world this faction is..

Please tell me you're joking...
Would it make you feel better if I said "we'll see how shitty this turns out"?

I said myself their existing track record shows they don't do a decent job of this. KotN sounds like it'll need more integration by nature than anything I can remember them releasing. Unless they go the lame ass route of sticking the knights in their own cell and never letting them out, which would make no sense whatsoever. Be interesting to see if it's a little mini-train wreck, or a great huge bullet-train sized grand carambolage.

Not sure how that can be seen a joking, but no, I was serious.

Nael

Arcane
dongle said:

Alright then... I still think it's more of a morbid fascination than anything else to see what the end result will be, because I am almost certain none of us here will be pleasantly surprised :P

Darkflame

Scholar
Inziladun said:
Then, sadly, you have the variants of those comments, only with proper english.

If it gets rid of the daffy fans and the lurid doom that Oblivion's "success" forcasts for the entire RPG industry, along with ceasing the continuous beration of Bethesda on this forum ... ... ... I'm in.

... But then again, what would be the point of a forum with no discourse... if we only had games to praise and none to constantly deride, who would even be here... ah fuck it...

Twinfalls

Erudite
So, 'Knights of the Ni' is now Bethesda's expansion pack equivalent of Tribunal and Bloodmoon. No new landmass, no new architecture, probably no new artwork save for some shiny stoopid armour - I have no doubt that overall, it will be weak as fucking piss.

Man they are a bunch of lazy-ass cheapskates.

Nog Robbin

Scholar
Funny thing is Freddo (moderator) stated that Tirbunal didn't add landmass (as a means of saying adding landmass for an expansion isn't required). Well, I'm pretty certain it did - albet in an seperate internal cell. Mournhold wasn't available in MW as it shipped - but the Tribunal expansion gave the city of Mournhold and associated buildings. I think that would count as new landmass - even if it doesn't show on the map. It wasn't just a single castle for the players to own - it was the whole city.

Frankie

Novice
Nog Robbin said:
Funny thing is Freddo (moderator) stated that Tirbunal didn't add landmass (as a means of saying adding landmass for an expansion isn't required). Well, I'm pretty certain it did - albet in an seperate internal cell. Mournhold wasn't available in MW as it shipped - but the Tribunal expansion gave the city of Mournhold and associated buildings. I think that would count as new landmass - even if it doesn't show on the map. It wasn't just a single castle for the players to own - it was the whole city.

It just goes to show the butt kissing you need to do when you become a moderator.

He's wrong and if he ever played Tribunal he would know that, which I'm sure he has. He just can't seem to disagree with Bethesda on anything.

Frankie

Novice
stargelman said:
Nah, it's just one more DLC that incidently you can also buy in a funny looking box.

Don't mistake this for the expansion.

I wonder if they'll add this crap to the expansion as well. I doubt it.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Sovy Kurosei said:
Khajiit Overlord Rainer said:
Frankie said:
Unless they are going to fix the obvious flaws in the interface and the well documented bugs that are still in the game, I'm not touching it.

You would think that after all this time they could done that and if they have tell us they have.
Xaana: The Interface works fine, Frankie. Any "flaws" are just little things that, to you, seem to make or break a game.

I don't go back to game stores and return a game saying "The game was fine, I just didn;t like the interface"

And Bugs seem to be tempermental matters. Some people have the patch and get bugged up the wazoo, and some people don;t have the patch and have encountered few bugs.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... try8367462

:|

Arrgh, he's still doing the stupid Xaana thing. Aaaargh.

Nog Robbin

Scholar
Seems he's copying something WhiteMithrandir initiated with his RosenpheliaGodot (or whatever!) ESF persona. But not as amusingly. In fact, without any humour whatsoever.

Xi

Arcane
I've been considering giving OB another go. Mainly to see if I can get enough mods to fix the things I didn't like about the game. There are a few mods that rework a LOT of the games content that have really caught my eye lately.

Since I alrdy own the game, I will probably try Modded OB and if I find some piece of satisfaction therein I might actually buy this expansion. Then again I will probably just wait for the GoTY edition that has everything in it. If the mods help out the experience that is.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Nog Robbin said:
Seems he's copying something WhiteMithrandir initiated with his RosenpheliaGodot (or whatever!) ESF persona. But not as amusingly. In fact, without any humour whatsoever.
Something tells me it wasn't suppsoed to be :|

suibhne

Erudite
Tribunal added a helluva lot of landmass.

What a bunch of idiots over there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom