Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Knights of the Nine

Monica21

Scholar
suibhne said:
Oh c'mon, Monica - that's the silliest sort of sophistry. Yes, Tribunal didn't add "landmass" in the technical editor sense, but put it in context... Twinfalls noted that Knights of Ni didn't appear to be adding any new area, and Nog mentioned Freddo's assertion: "OMG LOOK AT TRIBUNAL an expansion doesn't have to add landmass". Twinfalls, Nog, and I were all pointing out that Tribunal added a helluva lot of area, or "landmass" in a non-technical (like, English language) sense; Nog was even clear enough to point out that it was in an internal cell.

Of course, the bottom line is that Ni isn't an expansion anyway - it's just "new content". So the original debate is moot.
It's not sophistry, because what I said is exactly true. There is no new landmass in Tribunal. If you want to call it landmass then fine, but "more buildings" is not "landmass." And I'm not even talking about a technical editor sense. Even Vipera could figure out that there is no landmass simply because it doesn't show up on your world map. You don't have to check the editor to find that out. If it did, then yes, it would be landmass. It doesn't, so it isn't.

And who cares whether it adds landmass? What I understood Twinfalls to say is that if this is Bethesda idea of an expansion, it's incredibly weak after two relatively strong expansions in Tribunal and Bloodmoon.

Proweler

Scholar
Meh. Trib and BM add a new locations and a pretty large ones at that. Haven't heard so much about K9 yet. Just Toddlers brable about kewllewt stuff and a somewhat hopefull hint from MK and that the lore would better then the average dung.

Nutcracker

Scholar
Nog Robbin said:
Nael said:
I just figured that idiot was trying to copy Rosenphelia/Godot. It wouldn't have been the first time on TESF :roll:

Nope. Years ago there was some dork who always spoke in third person - and others copied that too. Dumb.

It was S'Viirr i believe. A real knob too.

Nog Robbin

Scholar
Monica21 said:
suibhne said:
Oh c'mon, Monica - that's the silliest sort of sophistry. Yes, Tribunal didn't add "landmass" in the technical editor sense, but put it in context... Twinfalls noted that Knights of Ni didn't appear to be adding any new area, and Nog mentioned Freddo's assertion: "OMG LOOK AT TRIBUNAL an expansion doesn't have to add landmass". Twinfalls, Nog, and I were all pointing out that Tribunal added a helluva lot of area, or "landmass" in a non-technical (like, English language) sense; Nog was even clear enough to point out that it was in an internal cell.

Of course, the bottom line is that Ni isn't an expansion anyway - it's just "new content". So the original debate is moot.
It's not sophistry, because what I said is exactly true. There is no new landmass in Tribunal. If you want to call it landmass then fine, but "more buildings" is not "landmass." And I'm not even talking about a technical editor sense. Even Vipera could figure out that there is no landmass simply because it doesn't show up on your world map. You don't have to check the editor to find that out. If it did, then yes, it would be landmass. It doesn't, so it isn't.

And who cares whether it adds landmass? What I understood Twinfalls to say is that if this is Bethesda idea of an expansion, it's incredibly weak after two relatively strong expansions in Tribunal and Bloodmoon.

And there was me believeing I was sufficiently explicit... :roll:
Tribunal added a whole new city - bigger (I believe) than Balmora and many towns of MW originally. So it didn't show on the map - I'd still argue it was new land mass. It wasn't just a building in an existing area or anything. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that it was based on mainland Morrowind and they had early problems with expanding the territory beyond the original map boundaries then I'm sure it would have appeared on the map. I still stand by what I said - it was new land mass, being a whole new area of land to explore.

And yes, Nutcracker, I believe you're right about it being S'Viir.

Monica21

Scholar
Nog Robbin said:
And there was me believeing I was sufficiently explicit... :roll:
I did understand you, but I disagree with you.

Tribunal added a whole new city - bigger (I believe) than Balmora and many towns of MW originally. So it didn't show on the map - I'd still argue it was new land mass. It wasn't just a building in an existing area or anything. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that it was based on mainland Morrowind and they had early problems with expanding the territory beyond the original map boundaries then I'm sure it would have appeared on the map. I still stand by what I said - it was new land mass, being a whole new area of land to explore.
And as I said, more buildings does not equal landmass. The only way you can get there is by teleportation. It's an interior cell and is just sort of "there." But, whatever. If you think it's a landmass then fine.

Top Hat

Scholar
Monica21 said:
Lumpy said:
How do you define landmass?
Somewhere you can travel to by walking or swimming from the mainland.

According to your definition, Mournhold is the only landmass since it's the only part which actually is on the mainland.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Ahzaruuk said:
Top Hat said:
Monica21 said:
Lumpy said:

According to your definition, Mournhold is the only landmass since it's the only part which actually is on the mainland.
read it agian.

You have to be able to SWIM or WALK to it.

:roll:
Mournhold is on the mainland, and vvardenfell is an island in the middle. So actually Mournhold is nothing because you can not swim to Mournhold from the mainland as mainland Morrowind is not in the game.

Monica21

Scholar
Top Hat said:
Monica21 said:
Lumpy said:

Vvardenfell IS the mainland in the game. Can you swim or walk back and forth from Mournhold to Vvardenfell? No you can't, so by my definition Mournhold is not a landmass. Solstheim is a landmass. Havish is a landmass. Want to change the scenery of Todd's Test Cell and call it a landmass too? Go ahead, but it still isn't one.

OccupatedVoid, don't be a dumbass.

Monolith

Prophet
Holy fucking shit...some of you definitely have spent too much time on the ESF. Get a grip on yourself monica! Next thing you'll do is downloading furniture mods for Oblivion and whining about the Oblivion land not being a landmass as you can't WALK nor SWIM to it!

Monica21

Scholar
Monolith said:
Next thing you'll do is downloading furniture mods for Oblivion and whining about the Oblivion land not being a landmass as you can't WALK nor SWIM to it!
If I played Oblivion, then I probably would. Good thing I don't.

Get a grip on yourself monica!
Good advice. :)

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Monolith said:
Holy fucking shit...some of you definitely have spent too much time on the ESF. Get a grip on yourself monica! Next thing you'll do is downloading furniture mods for Oblivion and whining about the Oblivion land not being a landmass as you can't WALK nor SWIM to it!
I spend it all trolling(at the TESFstapo)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I burned Oblivion it deserved it. :twisted:

Nog Robbin

Scholar
I guess my definition of land mass is a mass of land. Which suits something like a city - even if you do have to teleport to it. My point being it was an added outside area (even if technically built as an interior) - more than a single building in an existing area.

But you're right - it's not worth getting ones knickers in a twist over.

cutterjohn

Cipher
GoldLeader said:
More shit from bethesda? Oh god, i actually cliked on this page link, 'cuz i thought it's some new good RPG.

I feel good about never buying oblivion.

meh, I feel bad that I paid $50 for it when I could've gotten it for $30 last week... or c. $850 less if I had just resisted the siren call with a little more application of will power...

Addon appears to add no new land mass only extra quests fo some, undoubtedly, ph4t lewt for teh console kiddies...

Sounds like it'll be no bigger/better than Mehrune's Dagger which AFAIK is the largest of the downloadable rip... er content, and that Bethesda will be attempting to justify the $20 by tossing the grab bag of cra... er previosuly available downloadable content with it. Care to bet that this will ship of a credit card CD which isn't even 1/4 filled?

@Sol Invictus
Did you know that you now --s-t-a-n-d-a-v-e-r-y-g-o-o-d-c-h-a-n-c-e-- are in serious danger of being offered a job by Bethesda?

BTW that box image actually made me laugh...

@Landmasses
OK, I'll go along with agreeing that Tribunal wasn't a landmass, but it sure as hell added alot more content than this slightly overgrown excuse for downloadable crap in a box will...

Drakron

Arcane
Well if anyone had doubts Monica is a women ...

Only a women can play around with the definitions until white is black, any men would either give up or be pissed and attack.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Drakron said:
Well if anyone had doubts Monica is a women ...

Only a women can play around with the definitions until white is black, any men would either give up or be pissed and attack.
Yeah, like the Codex hasn't seen a bazillion protracted arguments over definitions before?!? What the FUCK is with some of you people's obsessions with posters' genders?
GROW UP

Drakron

Arcane
Yeah, like the Codex hasn't seen a bazillion protracted arguments over definitions before?!? What the FUCK is with some of you people's obsessions with posters' genders?
GROW UP

And why the fuck do you care?

And yes, its a argument over technicalities because even if Tribunal did not add a new "landmass" it certainly added several new ares that had new textures and new meshes, also if I remenber they fixed the damn journal into something half funtional and added the much needed new scripts for NPCs to be added as companions.

Of course THAT goes over the head of TES fanboys that get hung up over technicalities because "The Knights that say PAY UP" so called expansion will likely add ... NOTHING that we did not see in the $2 plugins, the fact the "CD version" will come with the previous official $2 Plugins says a lot over the content.

And oh yes, I do CARE about the gender because I dont fucking trust women much, expecialy over the internet (because of people like you) ... the moment I know it have a vagina instead of a penis cannot exactly type the first phrase of this post and this:

FUCK YOU.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Drakron said:
And oh yes, I do CARE about the gender because I dont fucking trust women much, expecialy over the internet

In other words, you have never been laid.

...the moment I know it have a vagina instead of a penis cannot exactly type the first phrase of this post and this:

FUCK YOU.

Sorry, babel fish doesn't do Gibberish just yet. Whatever that means though - keep chasing that rainbow, Drakron!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom