Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kotor 2

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Guess I'll do 8 Dex 8 Str build, maybe 8 con too
Why?
So that I'm forced to use the items like shields and medpacks I guess ... so far fighting mercs in the telos grasslands and zapping the shit out of everything. 8/8/8 16/18/16 stats like I'm playing Planescape.
seems fun.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Continuing the 8 str/dex/con playtrhough

have been instagibbed quite a few times including in this fight

Ck93DiO.png

I still think Peragus is cool, but holy crap, SO MANY DROIDS.

Mauman

Learned
Was the Exile on the Ebon Hawk before the game started, before getting picked up by the Harbinger?
Yeah, you can find his* unconscious body during the tutorial.

PSA - Also, that stupid made up star wars holiday is coming up. Time to get this if you haven't already as the sales have started.

*canon be damned. The exile will always be Star Wars Jesus as far as I'm concerned.

Was the Exile on the Ebon Hawk before the game started, before getting picked up by the Harbinger?

PSA - Also, that stupid made up star wars holiday is coming up. Time to get this if you haven't already as the sales have started.

*canon be damned. The exile will always be Star Wars Jesus as far as I'm concerned.
The thing is that he was on the Harbinger before he was on the Ebon Hawk in the tutorial. It got damaged when the sith-occupied Harbinger fired on it. But what ship was he on prior to the Harbinger, was it the Ebon Hawk or some other one? Maybe Kreia is the one who showed up on the Ebon Hawk.

Hagashager

Educated

The thing is that he was on the Harbinger before he was on the Ebon Hawk in the tutorial. It got damaged when the sith-occupied Harbinger fired on it. But what ship was he on prior to the Harbinger, was it the Ebon Hawk or some other one? Maybe Kreia is the one who showed up on the Ebon Hawk.
HK-50 amd the Harbinger audio logs explain this. The Exile was estranged on a planet somewhere when they were made to sign on with the Harbinger crew. During an initial stop an HK-50 assassin droid hunting the Exile was unknowingly allowed on board disguised as a protocol droid. Next, sometime in hyperspace travel, Harbinger got a distress signal. The ship was the Ebon Hawk being piloted by Kreia and T3-M4.

Shortly after the Harbinger recieved the Ebon Hawk the Sith Star Destroyer came into real-space to continue its hunt of the Ebon Hawk. During the attack on the Harbinger by the Sith the Exile, Kreia and T3-M4 were brought back aboard the Ebon Hawk by HK-50. At some point, the HK-50 lost control of the ship thus starting the tutorial.

Last edited:
This is not a game that would benefit from difficulty mod.
The game would benefit from better enemy combat AI.
Them using their force powers more effectively, targetting your more vulnerable party members, etc.

They may be more effective from the mathematical standpoint, but not fun standpoint. Would it be fun trying to counter more effective AI in Kotor? You have a bad control of your party members.

Would it be fun trying to counter more effective AI in Kotor? You have a bad control of your party members.
Regardless, at the hardest difficulty both games could still stand to be 40-50% harder and they would still be manageable. At least to the point where you have a need to use all those hoarded grenades and stims and the niche buffing/debuffing powers.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Would it be fun trying to counter more effective AI in Kotor? You have a bad control of your party members.
Regardless, at the hardest difficulty both games could still stand to be 40-50% harder and they would still be manageable. At least to the point where you have a need to use all those hoarded grenades and stims and the niche buffing/debuffing powers.
Really the only grenades that stay useful throughout the game are the Thermal Detonators and the Adhesive Grenades.
Special mention to the Adhesive Grenades due to their entangling effect which also prevents casting of force powers.

Andronovo

Learned
I'm looking to play it (once I get an nVidia GPU cause AMD GPUs choke on KOTOR), but deciding on a modlist is getting complicated. I don't wanna overdo it, I've learned way not to. My priorities are:

1. The restoration patch, obviously
2. Balancing and improving the combat so it doesn't become dull 15 levels in
3. Maybe some of those texture, skybox, and UI overhauls? This isn't as important, the npcs don't look quite as shitty as KOTOR I

Recommendations, anyone?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom