Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News KotOR2 official announcement and GameSpot preview

Spazmo

Erudite
Nope, Gromnir, GameSpot didn't get their info from some PR drone. The site has a video interview with none other than Feargus and MCA, leading me to believe the two met with GameSpot editors in person to discuss KOTOR2.

Gromnir

Liturgist
jumping to conclusions again.

when was video interview from? these articles is written substantially 'fore you see 'em in print. it also not change fact that some pr guy no doubt gave the ziff davis people info... both print and verbal. ever seen the canned press kits that is released by publishers? why ask chris a or fergie the question if you got answers in the press kit? happens all the time.

HA! Good Fun!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
LOL Get over it people. I was right; Spaz was wrong. Not that big of a deal. Wouldn't be the first time; nor will it be the last. I just have better sources than Gamespot is all.

And, Tri, don't get your panties ina tight wad. I only quote what you say. Afterall you have made it pretty clear you think turn bas combat = role-playing. Very, very clear.

Gromnir

Liturgist
btw, Gromnir woulda' asked vol to put up or shut up if we hadn't seen the chris a post... but that ain't what spaz did. took opportunity to mock vol... and it not quite work out as planned.

*shrug*

is no biggie. have seen 'nuff of the "insider" bits dropped here and obsidian and bio and a bunch o' other boards that we pretty much ignore. nevertheless, when they turns out to be right...

as we said before, spaz took his shot, and he thought he had good reason... turned out he was wrong this time.

HA! Good Fun!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
LOL What's funny is that my 'insider info' just happened to be the quote on the Obsidian boards. That's the only inside info along from LA that matters. Mysterious sources mean squat.

I'm with Grom. I'm not a big fan of insider info braggarts. Thing is my info wans't info since it was the public domain...

triCritical

Erudite
Volourn said:
Afterall you have made it pretty clear you think turn bas combat = role-playing. Very, very clear.

No I have made it abundantly clear that stats = roleplaying (skills, feats, tags, abilities...), in which most games don't let you do. And this makes perfect sense, since small perfect formulaes = universe.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hey, check this out. Spazmo's original quote:
Spazmo said:
The remnants of the Sith, who are never in a good mood to begin with, are especially punchy following their battle with the Jedi. As a result, they are preying on the unprotected worlds and are slowly gaining a sizable and dangerous presence. Your role in this darker world is rather vague at the moment. You're something of an enigma at the start of the game--even to yourself--due to the time-honored tradition of memory problems. You'll play as an amnesiac Jedi who, memory loss be damned, has a pivotal role to play in the battle against the Sith and in the fate of the galaxy. Discovering exactly what this role is will be something you'll have to find out as you go through the game. Your journey of self-discovery will also shed some light on why the Sith appear to have it in for you.

What the article says now:
GameSpot said:
The remnants of the Sith, who are never in a good mood to begin with, are especially punchy following their battle with the Jedi. As a result, they are preying on the unprotected worlds and are slowly gaining a sizable and dangerous presence. Your role in this darker world is rather vague at the moment. You're something of an enigma at the start of the game--even to yourself--due to a mysterious past. You'll play a Jedi who's something of a lost soul, having gone astray and lost their connection to the Force. By that we mean they're out of touch, not strapping on heavy armor and wearing lost of black. However, despite your lack of focus in the Force, you still have a pivotal role to play in the battle against the Sith and in the fate of the galaxy. Discovering exactly what this role is will be something you'll have to find out as you go through the game. Your journey of self-discovery will also shed some light on why the Sith appear to have it in for you.
That's some different text right there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom