Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

L.A. Noire

made

Arcane
In my experience, that's about as likely as a crack improving performance due to bad copy protection and is usually picked up on pretty quickly.

bonescraper

So i see there are mixed opinions circling aroud. Well, from what i've read, the game runs ok and "scales nicely to older hardware". And here's the only PC footage i could find so far. Looks like the dude has no performance issues, and i think he's playing the legitimate version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwVl5wpD1SE

Well, i'll find it out on my own anyway as i alerady bought it on steam :oops:

MapMan

Arcane
The theta version isnt working for me. Fuck it, I'm waiting for a scene proper.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Theta version works for me, but fuck it runs horribly. Don't know if it's bad cracking or the game but it's unplayable. Yes, I've an ancient computer with a cheapo 4770, but Mafia II ran pretty much perfectly, maxed out at 1600x1200 except for really chaotic areas while this game stutters and lags at minimum details which look worse than the Godfather game from 2006.

tetsuo

Scholar
Try this:
open the Launcher >>>>>Options>>>insert at the Command-line "-srt" without the "...
found this in another forum and it seems to help and should make the game playable.

Suchy

Arcane
MapMan said:
Install the patch in safe mode.

Anyway I played a bit. Looks good, facial animation is indeed amazing. The atmosphere is nice, though not noire at all.
But the game... so far it's just a bunch of cutscenes on rails. Does it open once you do the tutorial cases or is it all like that?

Multi-headed Cow

Suchy said:
MapMan said:
Install the patch in safe mode.

Anyway I played a bit. Looks good, facial animation is indeed amazing. The atmosphere is nice, though not noire at all.
But the game... so far it's just a bunch of cutscenes on rails. Does it open once you do the tutorial cases or is it all like that?
Mostly continues on rails. Occasionally in some cases you'll be able to choose what order you visit certain locations, but I'm not sure if it has any impact on the gameplay or story (Only played through once, got it free for a console rental).

Story is also linear enough that even if you figure out who the serial killer is there's nothing you can do about it. Which was damn irritating when I figured it out like 3-4 murders before the game goes OK NOW YOU CAN FIGURE IT OUT. Overall enjoyed the game though.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Suchy said:

Another missed opportunity.

Why is it that games like this, the Mafia's and a few others that go all historical and atmospheric, have good to great acting; have attention to detail that shows that the devs really put effort into making period settings authentic(details which most of the teen consoletards will not notice anyway); decent story(varies but Mafia 1 and LA Noire are well written and quite compelling) yet all these efforts are wasted on making GTA type games with cover shooting and mini games?

made

Arcane
Theta release works, but game don't play nice with Comodo.

The port is bad but playable - 30 fps lock, fugly textures, sluggish controls, occasional stuttering while it's streaming from HD... But facial animations are indeed awesome and VA convincing so it might pass for a decent interactive detective movie.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
made said:
But facial animations are indeed awesome and VA convincing so it might pass for a decent interactive detective movie.

Yeah, it's so good that I put up with the stuttering and barely playable game just so I can enjoy watching the animations and VA. I reiterate that it's a tragedy that they went to all that effort when the rest is a weird GTA/CSI(hidden object/puzzle adventure) hybrid.

At the very least, I hope other companies pick up on the facial animation technology. It's gonna be hard going back to Bethesda style after this...

Suchy

Arcane
I can't complain about the engine, works perfectly on maxed settings. Controls are bad though, especially driving. Why the hell can't I make smooth turns with mouse? And lack of internal camera...

The problem is that the GTA-type parts feel completely tacked on and generally unnecessary. It's just driving from one point to another, then watching a cutscene. Hell, you can even have your partner do the driving. Apart from that it's just a linear as fuck adventure game, complete with pixel hunting... and popamole shooting mechanics.
Also WTF is wrong with questioning witnesses? Picking one wrong answer = repeat the whole conversation from start until you do it right. This is especially annoying when confronting a suspect with evidence. You have to pick ONE "final" evidence, no chance to check the reaction for other circumstancial evidences.
Can you even fail a questioning that would lead your case in wrong direction, instead of repeating it over and over again until you choose that single combination of right answers?

Great premise comletely fucked up by gameplay.

iUjV4gz.png

Hoax: “”L.A. Noire Part Two” Likely in Development”

Update: It has come to our attention that there are some irregularities with the channel mentioned in this article that cast doubt on its authenticity. As such, the title of this article has been amended to reflect this.

The legendary L.A. Noire may yet be getting a sequel. After much uncertainty of the fate of a successor to the game after developer Team Bondi dissolved, we seem to have our first real, concrete evidence that Rockstar Games is pursuing some kind of follow-up to the revered 1940s detective game.

This information comes from Reddit. A YouTube topic channel uploaded “Break My Stride,” a 1983 song by Matthew Wilder. Interestingly, the channel is named “L.A Noire Part Two – Topic.” The description indicates the video has been auto generated by YouTube and provided by Take-Two Interactive, who own Rockstar Games, who in turn own the L.A. Noire IP. Moreover, the album this release is a part of is called “The Music of L.A Noire Part Two.” The artwork of the video is associated with Rockstar Games, having been theorized to be a sign of a new GTA or Bully game. However, it seems that those images were in fact for something L.A. Noire related.

Lastly, at the beginning of the video, an announcement can be heard for KTI Radio–the very same radio station heard in L.A. Noire. What do you think of this news? Are you excited for a possible sequel to L.A. Noire? Talk to us about it in the comments or on Twitter.

https://vreviewblog.wordpress.com/2020/03/17/l-a-noire-part-two-likely-in-development/

The channel is automatically generated based on the topic.

My guess is that it means that L.A. Noire 2 is in development, and a part of its soundtrack was accidentally provided to YouTube by T2 and automatically uploaded.

The only video on the channel so far is for "Break My Stride". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-e-d-FZOxM

The song itself is from 1983. On the video, before the song plays, you hear the DJ mention the name of the radio station - KTI Radio. This was the name of the radio station from the first game: https://lanoire.fandom.com/wiki/K.T.I._Radio

After Break My Stride, we hear the song I Love New York. This one was made in 1977.

I wouldn't keep my hopes up, but I think it would be a good idea to follow the channel and see if anything else happens.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lanoire/comments/fk3h91/does_anyone_know_what_this_is_the_channel_is/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom