Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Touhou Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - Expansion Disk Translation Now Available, Too

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Crooked Bee, Aug 16, 2014.

1. mogwaimon Magister

mogwaimon
    i also bought it but I wish they'd started by bringing the first game over. Maybe they will if this gets enough sales? would be nice to see Genius of Sappheiros and Fantasy Maiden Wars make it to Steam in English as well. tbh I haven't played a whole lot of these games yet but it's always good to have more good games getting translated.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    This is probably the only time in my life when I gave the devs money for the same game twice, but those autists deserve it.

^ Top  
  3. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Lol, i just found i still have game installed from 2014 on my old hdd.

^ Top  
  4. Thac0 Time Mage Patron

Thac0
    With this release I have officially run out of reasons to delay trying this series any longer.
    [​IMG]
    Any important beginner tips?

^ Top  
  5. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    Try to endure the beginning 3 or so dungeon floors, they are the most boring part of the game, it really opens up after you get more party members than you can bring with you at any given moment so you actually have to think about who to bring for which encounter.

Unless you want to do all the optional shit, you will not need to grind in this game. If you're stuck on a boss, try a different strategy. For example, if you see that all your abilities do 0 damage to an enemy, there are ways around that.

Don't dump all your resources into a few characters (this is the only situation where you can get stuck and be forced to grind).

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Dumping all resourses into your favorite character IS the way to play the game!

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    Especially if that character can only do magic damage and you fight a boss immune to magic :lol:

^ Top  
  8. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    So what? It's Touhou All Stars gaem. Mokou best girl!

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Thac0 Time Mage Patron

Thac0
    I have never played any Touhou game before, but I will pump all my ressources into the Yata Garuso girl with the nuclear reactor arm because she has the best remixes.

^ Top  
  10. Arthandas Arbiter

Arthandas
    The funny thing about Touhou is the best games are actually not the shmups made by the original author but various fangames like this or Touhou Luna Nights

^ Top  
  11. Thac0 Time Mage Patron

Thac0
    Isn't that the point of Touhou? The series mostly got popular because it was one of the first to be basically open license, in a country where IP laws are hell and everything needs 50 confirmation steps.
    https://gensokyoinstitute.wordpress.com/2014/09/28/what-is-touhou-and-why-is-it-so-popular/

^ Top  
  12. Bread_N_Butter Literate

Bread_N_Butter
    Picked up the steam release prior to the english update. I'll definitely give it a shot this coming weekend.

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Arthandas Arbiter

Arthandas
    I know why it's popular but there are so many high quality fan games (and other media) and the IP is so widespread that a large portion of the fandom never actually played a "true" Touhou game made by Zun and I find it a bit funny.

^ Top  
  14. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    Now that I'm done with my current games it's time for a second playthrough of this in which I'll finally see the DLC content. I'll try going hard mode and also abstaining from using the super broken units (at least until I reach the new areas). Wish me luck boys.

• Salute Salute x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.