Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Touhou Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - Expansion Disk Translation Now Available, Too

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Crooked Bee, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Lutte Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Lutte
    The japanese people just don't like money. When Desunoya released Tobari on steam and after seeing all these touhou fangames come years later I thought maybe Desunoya's catalogue would be coming but they never intended to release anything except for Tobari and ReversexReverse which is really sad because they're a top tier platformer dev. Unlike LoT, there's not a whole lot of text to translate in a platformer, but they still won't bother. Ah, sad.

It's not like they need to translate their games to release on a western digital store anyway. Zun opted to release his shmups with no translations and leave it to fanpatches. LoT could just release untranslated and we could mod the translation for a steam version.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    :necro:

The more expanded edition is finally coming to Steam. No official English support though.

• incline x 4
    • Despair x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    On one hand, I want to buy it to support devs making it accessible to westerners, on the other hand, I don't want to buy it cause I don't want to support devs not translating their game and expecting westerners to buy it anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Shackleton Arcane Patron

Shackleton
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Looks like they listened to Lutte!

Which is a bit of a shame they're not translating it, especially as someone has already done all the work. But then again, if they used the fan translation they'd probably want $$$ so I can understand it.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    From the developer. They were trying to do English translation but the estimated cost was too much :shrug:

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. j2alg Literate

j2alg
    I actually preferred the first game's way of giving you a game over when you wipe in the dungeons, the sequel throws you back to town with barely any punishment, you just lose your chain.

^ Top  
  7. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    IMO, it doesn't really matter in this game cause it's not designed like a typical dungeon crawler. It's more about figuring out how to beat bosses than surviving in the dungeon and bosses are the only thing you are likely to wipe on. Bosses also always have a teleport point next to them so the "go back to town on death" is a means of saving time more than anything.

^ Top  
  8. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    This is out now.

Apparently fan translation guys are working on a patch for this version. (As this is a port of console release, supposedly has different file structures.)

But it seems CUBETYPE, the publisher, is interested in making the fan patch official if copyright concerns are cleared up: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1131920/discussions/0/3047235309980278396/#c3047235828268660962

• Brofist x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • incline x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    They're going to do it: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1131920/discussions/0/3047235309980278396/?ctp=2#c3043858334661287119

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    I'm definitely gonna buy it once they do the translation. Also this version includes the expansion which I haven't played, although as far as I'm aware both LoT games go way too hard on the grind autism in the expansion content. I remember finishing this game with my characters at around lvl 100 and I watched a guy play the expansion on stream and his characters were around lvl 1000 and the super endgame bosses were like lvl 1500.

I hope that the Steam release goes well for the devs and LoT 3 will also get released on Steam with English translation that we won't have to wait a few years for.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    I think at least they will keep doing Steam release as they probably did this aiming for Chinese and Taiwan audience. 65 reviews out of 76 reviews are written in Chinese.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    You may be right, but I'm sure this game would have more English reviews and general exposure if it didn't have "English language not supported" written in big orange letters.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Lutte Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Lutte
    Finally, an indie japanese dev who doesn't shun money. Take it! Take all my moneyz.

^ Top  
  15. j2alg Literate

j2alg
    Well that's remarkable
    now if only Strawberry Bose would rise from the dead...

^ Top  
  16. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    Once the English version is out I'm planning to buy it for myself and also gonna gift a copy to my friend whom I've told about the game and who has shown interest but not enough to spend money on it.

Time to support actual incline.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    :bounce:

• Excited! Excited! x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. Jermu Learned

Jermu
    Whats new compared to original? Did not find much info from google

^ Top  
  20. Arthandas Arbiter

Arthandas
    Is the fan translation actually any good?

^ Top  
  21. pakoito Arcane Patron

pakoito
    It does the job, yes. It's not like the game has stellar writing or anything.

^ Top  
  22. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Excited! Excited! x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    :bounce:

• Excited! Excited! x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Shackleton Arcane Patron

Shackleton
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Bought, more as a show of support than anything as I played the fan translation for a long time and it's a fantastic game. Will get round to another playthrough next time I'm in the mood for a crawler.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Fluent Scholar Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    Nice Shackleton ! I'm going to buy it to support too probably. And it's definitely on my list to play sometime, sounds like it's an amazing crawler. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.