Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Larian is making Baldur's Gate 3

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why are people shitting on Larian here and praising Owlcat? D:OS 2 is fucking amazing and Pathfinder was a gigantic disappointment.

cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
To be fair here. Div 2 was not that bad. Some npcs were really nice. It was like one inch from greatness vanilla fantasy without going full realistic GOT shit.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
DOS is an infantile childrens adventure with pretty colors and 0 style + writing on the level of 12yo kids who like to receive quests from talking dogs and Mr Crabs on the beach

Btw TB vs. RTwP will be the LEAST of this game's problems trust me

Last edited:

Mustawd

DOS is an infantile childrens adventure with pretty colors and 0 style + writing on the level of 12yo kids who like to receive quests from Mr Crabs on the beach

So it fits perfectly with BG but with a better combat system. Good point.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
On a slightly more serious note, which has been left untouched by most people, I want to know if they plan on using any of the old cast. Rob Paulsen just got a gig to do some Animaniacs stuff, but I don't see him saying no. Same with Jennifer Hale. I wonder if any of the old voices will show up.

:love:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
D:OS2 was more of a disappointment since Swen doubled down on the quest markers, controllers, multiplayer, and other qualities of consolization. Those are the problems that will translate into BG3.

Xeon

Augur
On a slightly more serious note, which has been left untouched by most people, I want to know if they plan on using any of the old cast. Rob Paulsen just got a gig to do some Animaniacs stuff, but I don't see him saying no. Same with Jennifer Hale. I wonder if any of the old voices will show up.

Since Beamdog manged to get the old cast for Dragonspear, don't see how Larian wouldn't be able to get them as well if they want to.

Mustawd

Another thing to think about: Mods of the engine for BG1 and BG2.

After all, didn’t both DOS games come with tools for module making?

:greatjob:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OK, how'd we go from D:OS 2 Codex GOTY and a fairly positive reception to Divinity: Fallen Heroes to this post getting a bunch of Prosper ratings? :P

Come on people, they really couldn't have picked a better developer for this except maybe Owlcat (but then it wouldn't be turn-based). Wizards of the Coast are finally making a high class D&D CRPG for the first time in a decade.

Do people really love Larian here? I got more of a sense that they have their fans and they’re less hated than inXile or Obsidian, but that’s not necessarily saying much. Fallen Heroes generated so much hype because Avonaeon is making it and everybody who’s played the Expeditions games tends to really like them.

I do think this is the perfect project for Larian, but mostly because their mediocrity is the perfect fit for a mediocre series (I have a lot of affection for BG and BG2, I just don’t think I’d like them much if they came out today—it’s all nostalgia for me).

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
cvv, post: 6154090
BG3 is gonna be RTwP 100% or I'll eat exlusively my own shit for the rest of my life.
I'll be back here after the game is announced.
:updatedmytxt:
He'd put you on ignore, so he wouldn't see your complains about him not eating his shit.
The codex is still owed a video of autofellatio because of Grimoire. There need to be a page on the codex for public debts. DarkUnderlord

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom