Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Larian to Kickstart Divinity: Original Sin 2 on August 26th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/1317639

Announcing Divinity: Original Sin 2
075dce753ffbd9b28c32eb28c62e36c6_original.png

The artwork above is your first glimpse at what we're creating, but if you're going to be at PAX Prime at the end of August, then we can go one better: we'll have a playable prototype at our booth to show off some of the fantastic new features that we've been working on!

Not only that, there's every chance you'll meet some people who look like they've stepped straight out of Rivellon...

171ae4d7ae77dcb8bb2957eafe1e9564_original.PNG

Making Divinity: Original Sin with you has been one hell of a ride so far, and we're happy to say that this ride is only getting started…

If you don't want to miss your chance to, remember to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and sign up to our mailing list to be the first to know every update. There will be quite a few over the coming weeks!

Perkel

Arcane
i wonder what initial goal will be...

imo probably 1,5mln with huge streatchgoal at 3mln

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's the announcement proper: http://larian.com/news/announcing-divinity-original-sin-2/

Announcing Divinity: Original Sin 2

Banner_20X128_A_Small.jpg

It is with great excitement that we can announce our most ambitious project ever – Divinity: Original Sin 2!

For a very long time we’ve dreamed of making a certain type of RPG. Something even bigger, better, and more engaging than Divinity: Original Sin. Now it might finally be within our reach. But we can’t reach that dream without your help.

As we made Divinity: Original Sin, our fans and community gave us two things: the freedom to make the game that we wanted to make, and the guidance to make a game that was even better than we planned. Your feedback pushed us in directions we never could have expected, and we’re so grateful for that push. Without the community, Divinity: Original Sin would never have been the success that it was, and now we’re asking for your support and guidance once again.

On the August 26th we’ll be returning to Kickstarter with Divinity: Original Sin 2, but you don’t have to wait until then to have your say. We’ll want a lot of feedback as we progress, but right now we want to know what YOU want from the Kickstarter campaign. So please head over to our Divinity: Original Sin 2 page to suggest what rewards you’d like to see, and vote on the rewards that others have suggested!

We’re very excited for you to get your first glimpse at what we’re creating, but if you’re going to be at PAX Prime at the end of August then we can go one better, We’ll be at booth #6011, where we’ll have a playable prototype for you to get your hands on and experience some of the fantastic new features that we’ve been working on.

Making Divinity: Original Sin with you has been one hell of a ride so far, and we’re happy to say that this ride is only getting started…

Swen Blog:
Still buzzing about our announcement of Divinity: Original Sin 2? Swen is! Check out his latest blog entry for more details on our upcoming game: from how we got here to where we want to go next.

If you don’t want to miss anything, remember to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and sign up to our mailing list to be the first to know every update. There will be quite a few over the coming weeks!

Last edited:

Chunkyman

Augur
Shit, I haven't even played the first one as I want to play the Enhanced Edition. Although I'm almost definitely going to be backing this.

TomatoJuice

Educated
Isn't is a little early for a console announcement.
Original Sin EE has not yet proven it's viability on consoles.

Please This time 4 player co op out of the box.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
For me, it really depends on whether they deliver on EE. If they do--- :takemymoney:

EE is coming out after the Kickstarter, so be prepared to pay more.

Isn't is a little early for a console announcement.
Original Sin EE has not yet proven it's viability on consoles.

Please This time 4 player co op out of the box.

There is no console announcement.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Loved D:OS and I'm definitely in for a double sawbuck.

edit: Ach, the original kickstarter had a 25$ tier as the lowest to grab the game. Doubt they'll be lowering it this time around. Shame.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Dissapointed that they didn't do a clean brake from the divinity universe and start a new ip, on the other hand... Tb combat and highly interactive environments.

Cadmus

Arcane
Dissapointed that they didn't do a clean brake from the divinity universe and start a new ip, on the other hand... Tb combat and highly interactive environments.
I'm glad they're sticking with the engine and world they have right now (even if they are a bit shitty), that means they can work on new content and cool stuff. Because this is the one game with actually cool stuff as opposed to the fucking Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Shit.

I hope they fix some mechanical things like delays between actions, backstabbing and the UI.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'm glad they're sticking with the engine and world they have right now (even if they are a bit shitty), that means they can work on new content and cool stuff. Because this is the one game with actually cool stuff as opposed to the fucking Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Shit.

I hope they fix some mechanical things like delays between actions, backstabbing and the UI.
They already seem to have adressed the backstabbing samba on the EE

likaq

Arcane
There is MASSIVE butthurt in comments section on every site that reported this news. Why? THERE PLAN TO USE SHITSTARTER AGAIN? HOW DARE THEY.
Reading comments on mainstream sites makes me wish for the next mass extinction.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
It would be very funny Larian asking money on the kickstarter for a console port sequel to a PC game.:lol:

They invested a lot of time and money into adding controller support to their engine - they're not going to throw it back out now. That would be silly, and nobody would believe them if they pretended otherwise. Not in a same-engine sequel.

"Nope, no controller support, WE'RE PURE PC GAMERS AGAIN GUYS! HONEST!"

Perkel

Arcane

No one said that they need to use it.

They can use Divinity OS2 and use completely different ruleset/world if they want. No one sane would give a shit about previous world.
Though my main concern is artstyle. I loved DOS but i hated artstyle ala wow crap

There is no console announcement.

99% this is PC + console kickstarter.

No way in hell they will pass on console crowd when they have now working pads in their engine along with split screen support

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom