Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I stand by my previous choice, unleash ITZ, no strings attached.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
God-brawl. Should be interesting to see how the coward-dragon reacts, having his transcendence interupted for some fratricide. Seeing that the current AI is a pretty cool guy, maybe the receptacle might turn out be not that bad. (more probably turn out to be an alien, calculating and cruel) but w/e, God-brawl.

Kayerts

Arcane
Nice update; it offers some much-needed insight into everyone's motivations.

root said:
Truly, destiny was kind to him. If he did not know better, he would say a higher force was watching him, warding his every step and countering his enemies.
[..]
You, who have lived for twelve millennia and delved into the Black Library...I wonder, do you see a pattern I am missing?"

It's called DM favoritism, robobro.

"I see the Night's King taking revenge upon his sibling, and then crossing over to tear asunder that which should remain whole. In another future, I see the Winged Serpent without wings and the screams of the dying as their blood mixes with the metal of the undying, both bound to the same fate, for there can be no peace this side of the grave. In yet another, I see an incorporeal mind shining bright as the sun, but its light scorches as much as it brings new life from the barren land. And in yet another future, I see the past catching up and then there is no more future at all."

Bearing in mind that Root warned us that trying to interpret this will most likely lead to inglorious demise, this is interesting, especially when considered alongside the Swarmlord's vision here.

A.) "I see the Night's King taking revenge upon his sibling, and then crossing over to tear asunder that which should remain whole. "

Seems self-explanatory. Nightbringer crossing over applies the teleportarium, to destroy Earth, likely simulating the effects of the Terminus Decree. (Or maybe it applies to the Warp, and he'll rend it.)

B.) " In another future, I see the Winged Serpent without wings and the screams of the dying as their blood mixes with the metal of the undying, both bound to the same fate, for there can be no peace this side of the grave."

Winged Serpent is most likely the Dragon, as in the Swarmlord's vision; him being without wings suggests he's been denied ascension. The undying are the Necrons and/or the Grey Knights. The outcome here is uncertain; being "bound to the same fate" could really mean anything. Death, slavery, deliverance.

Unclear how the Tyranids figure into this; if "the dying" mean Iblis, that could be interesting. It does occur to me that the Swarmbro is now cut off from the Hivemind and alone with the Necrontyr voices in his head. The same voices buried inside the Necrons.

C.) "In yet another, I see an incorporeal mind shining bright as the sun, but its light scorches as much as it brings new life from the barren land. "

This has to be talking about the Machine God. As we all suspected, it turns out to be kind of an asshole; while it doesn't sound like it's going to go completely Skynet on us, mankind will not prosper under its rule.

D.) "And in yet another future, I see the past catching up and then there is no more future at all."

We read the Terminus Decree. Everything burns.

Do note that the four described outcomes appear to align with the four choices Root offered us in the Machine Messiah update, in order.

I'm going to flip-flop to B on the grounds that it's the most ambiguous outcome, plus the "no gods, no masters" attitude is the most consistent end to Jeremiah's character arc in this act. There's a decent chance it could backfire horribly and indeed lead to the worst possible outcome, but defying authority has always worked for the Exterminating Angels, and there's no reason to stop now. Once more into retardo, dear friends.

If anyone can offer an explanation for why the god-brawl option won't just lead to the supremacy of the Machine God, please speak up.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Flopping to B as per Kayters' interpretation. Also, maybe we could upload the Machine Mind's consciousness into the Machine God? Cockblock the Dragon from uploading his own and possibly get a God who actually likes Mankind?

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Storyfag said:
Flopping to B as per Kayters' interpretation.

Given that TBS' previous suggestion is impossible because the refractor field is still up, I too agree with Kayert's analysis and restate my flip-flopping away from D: I vote B.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Don't like flipflopping too much since it never ended up going well for us in the past. Still, "no gods, no masters" certainly is a fitting mantra for this entire LP and Kayert's as usual breaks things down quite eloquently. I'm still not quite certain what exactly the Terminus Decree is or what it does. root said it was a beacon for something, but what? Hope that he reveals "Behind the scenes" information like this after we have horribly doomed mankind and the game is finally over for the poor souls suffering under our command.

I'm going to stand by my original C vote though, especially if it would be possible to merge the two Abominable Intelligences, though I'm not entirely sure what purpose that would serve. They are p. cool and if they turn out to be completely evil, they will at least be efficiently so.

Slaugth prefers necrotic brain matter anyway, might as give them a galaxy of carcasses to feast on when they come here.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Azael said:
especially if it would be possible to merge the two Abominable Intelligences, though I'm not entirely sure what purpose that would serve. They are p. cool and if they turn out to be completely evil, they will at least be efficiently so.

Only one Mind is cool. The one on Terra. The one on Mars is an enigma.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think that those minds are based on Wintermute and Neuromancer, from William Gibson's book. Having them merged may create one super-mind, though with different personality than any of those. Whether it will be friendly or not is impossible to say.

Possible spoiler for "Neuromancer" follows:
Though merging those two may actually lead to the same stuff than happened after Wintermute and Neuromancer merged - they became a kind of god. Then they split into smaller god-entities and took voodoo-based names. So I think that allowing them to merge would create gods that could take over places left by Ruinous Powers. I don't think it's a good thing.

Kayerts

Arcane
Storyfag said:
Also, maybe we could upload the Machine Mind's consciousness into the Machine God? Cockblock the Dragon from uploading his own and possibly get a God who actually likes Mankind?

I like the idea, but I don't see a way to make it work. Ahriman is a man of many talents, but he lacks the engineering expertise to free the Mind from VD, hack through whatever security mechanisms VD has in place, and initiate Transcendence. Plus, he doesn't even know what's going on in Mars.

The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Desactivate the machine and send the message.
[..]
Frankly, I see no reason to NOT send the message. That just means Jeremiah has no idea the Nightbringer and the Machine God are on Mars. Do you guys really think Jeremiah is going to wait forever until Doombreed gives the "go" so he can start the siege? Jeremiah might've conquered Gypt and Byzant already, and may be on his way to the Imperial Palace. Not sending the message just means Jeremiah is on the dark about what is inside Mars. I don't like to conciously keep the Warmaster of Humanity Undivided and Soon-to-be-Emperor in the dark about such important things.

To be clear, the message you want to send is just a general heads up on what Doombreed found in Mars, right? I'm not strongly opposed to informing Jeremiah of the situation and telling him to do as he sees fit; a call to push VD into the teleportarium as per the Nightbringer's request seems dangerous, though, and unlikely to end well for us.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I second this :troll:

nah, I'm lying in order for B to win. Also, the Mind is more like something from the Culture novels, I gather.

Will count votes now.

EDIT:

So I gathered all the votes since the last true update, with the last cast counting as to negate any previous flip flopping and outdated information. This is what I came up with:

TBS: deactivate, send messg
AZAel: C
skuph: B
storyf: B
ultimati: B
kayerts: B
hoodoo: B
dwarv: B
kz3or: D
darth rox: D
baltika: B
esquilax: C
jaedar: C

Don't really know how to interpret brazilian slaughters vote.

So yeah, B is the winner nevertheless and I like the minor adjustment that we do send a message but don't push him to act on it.

root, your patience almost equals ours :)

the Mind/operative in Mars doesn't have much of a personality at all (PROTIP: THIS IS AN IMPORTANT HINT, HINT)

The moment I saw the whole "imprint the Dragon's enagram", I suspected this. This only strengthened my resolve against unleashing the Machine God. Without a personality, its either going to take Malygris' or going as a blank slate that will be taken over by the conflicting emotions of the Warp. I want neither, because it means we have a Mechanicus God forever and ever, or a new Warp God as bad as the old ones were.

So yeah, B is the winner nevertheless and I like the minor adjustment that we do send a message but don't push him to act on it.

Yeah, but I don't think there's anything else for Jeremiah to do but start the siege. We've been postergating it for three updates.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
281666_md-.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'd rather make my own faet. B

And gratz for managing to write this update. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom