Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Last Epoch - time travel action-RPG

ADL

Prophet
Runes of Power update is out and apparently runemaster is so good it makes everything else look bad by design. They're gonna have to go back and overhaul all the other classes to bring them up to standards.

ADL

Prophet
Not a power problem, runemaster is just way more fun and complex to play. It's basically the Invoker from Dota 2 with 40 runic invocation reactions.

My favorite class of all time is The Lord of the Rings Online's Warden which features something similar called the gambit system. Normally I don't play the sorc archetype but I'm gonna play the runemaster for sure.

Üstad

Arcane
It seems this game buyable game money and microtransactions, what are these used for? Is the high level content behind paywall or just cosmetic stuff?

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
is the game still dull? last time i tried this in the beginning of the year it nearly put me to sleep lol i hit level thirtysomething and just couldn't muster the desire to finish it. this has been the game for me since i got it back in october of '21

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
is the game still dull? last time i tried this in the beginning of the year it nearly put me to sleep lol i hit level thirtysomething and just couldn't muster the desire to finish it. this has been the game for me since i got it back in october of '21
The campaign is still super boring. The game begins once you get to the monoliths.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The campaign is still super boring. The game begins once you get to the monoliths.
:what:

damn i'm not gonna force my way there through the grind. at least they could make the campaign part bearable. i mean, that should sell my ass on getting to the endgame!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It took me less than a day to get to monoliths my first blind playthrough with a shitty build, but I wouldn’t really play this game right now. Fantastic systems, shitty content

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You can rush through the campaign very fast, especially since it's so brain-dead easy. There are some cool ideas, but overall it's one of the weakest campaigns in this genre, if not outright the weakest. It's definitely the worst I've played, but I haven't tried the more obscure entries to know for sure. On top of that, the monoliths themselves aren't particularly well-developed either, it's just random maps with random enemies and random objectives (some worse than others). LE is shockingly overrated for some reason and I don't understand why.

Seethe

Arbiter
I cannot believe they still didn't fix the issue where the map resets when you teleport out and back into the map. This is a huge issue and makes this game bottom tier as far as ARPGs go.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
The campaign is just as boring as in most other games in this genre, yet shorter than some.
I don't understand why so many arpgs pull this crap! Diablo 2 campaign was good, that's why people fucking finished it.
The end game is there for the people addicted to the skinner box, but the atmosphere, writing etc.. is what makes us attached.

Wolcen is another game where game feel was good, but you just get put off by how boring everything is. D4 for all it's faults still has a campaign that pulls you through.

VonMiskov

Educated
The game is Wolcen level of junk, boring and borderlining on unplayable with the teleport respawning mobs. Especially that it resets everything including bosses :D
And oversaturation of skill trees upon skill trees just because PoE has it doesn't bring much except unnecessesary fat. While in the end I played it using one skill for five hours because the game was a) easy b) boring.

Peachcurl

Cipher
The campaign is just as boring as in most other games in this genre, yet shorter than some.
I don't understand why so many arpgs pull this crap! Diablo 2 campaign was good, that's why people fucking finished it.
The end game is there for the people addicted to the skinner box, but the atmosphere, writing etc.. is what makes us attached.

Wolcen is another game where game feel was good, but you just get put off by how boring everything is. D4 for all it's faults still has a campaign that pulls you through.
Agreed. And D2 was already a (relatively) small step down from D1.

abija

Prophet
D4 for all it's faults still has a campaign that pulls you through.
If you got severe Netflix induced brain rot. On top of it, due to getting high on their own company wide farts, they decided it's a great idea for campaign to interrupt gameplay a lot, instead of being a background guide through the game. Which makes it one of the worst in the genre (at least I can't think of a worse one).

Reever

Scholar
Patron

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/trade-item-factions/61722
I have no love for trading in aRPGs so the circle of fortune mechanic is perfect for me. I hope every aRPG going forward copies these systems.

Faction exclusive items sounds like a terrible idea.

Unless I missed something in the video, these are no faction exclusive items. These factions are just ways to make the loot more deterministic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom