Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Let's All Play Dragon Age 2

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Befuddled Halfling said:
But do you believe that you can copy and paste that often with DA:O variety? How do I copy and paste my strategy for the refugee fight with 20 genlocks 2 hurlock alphas and 1 emissary ... onto the circle tower enclosed room with 4 templars and a desire demon. Or onto a group of Blackstone mercenaries in a field, some in the far corners with bows, one elite up close, 4 mob melee and the uber boss? Or onto an ogre in a courtyard with lots of resurrecting corpses and an emissary? Or onto Gaxkang? I know these are not "key" type scenarios, but that in a way, is my point. The game throws so many different battle variations at you, that you need to have a very 'flexible' key indeed.

Uh, yes because those fights play exactly same, monster name-changes notwithstanding. It doesn't matter at all if I'm fighting hurlocks or genlocks or emissaries or alphas. Tank tanks, everyone else DPS as fast as possible. That's the key to each and every fight in DAO on hard and from reading other people's experiences, it's the same on nightmare.

I can only think that you haven't played much, if ANY rpgs that actually had good combat mechanics and/or encounters. I've just spent two days playing Knights of the Chalice and it wipes the floor with DAOs combat - both mechanics and encounter-wise - so bad it isn't even funny.

Befuddled Halfling said:
If you got bored with that, then maybe the game was too long? Maybe the message to BioWare should be - cut the length, otherwise RPG fans will call even very varied and well thought out combat "filler shit" because after 67 hours, they will - inevitably - have had a few cases of 'deja vu'. Just make it like Sacred 2 with mobs of 7-10 skeletons roaming around every inch of the map. That was much better.
Haha, funny. The problem isn't the amount of combat per se - it's the amount of meaningless filler. We definitely didn't play the same game or otherwise you are just stupid enough to be fooled by a re-colored monster having a different name: "oooh, new TOTALLY different encounter, thank you Bioware!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom