Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's command Codexers in Syrian Warfare and crush Daesh

Dayyālu

Arcane
, double-time my squad to Dayyālu's position and deliver the much needed goat

Trying to find a proper image to comment this one brought me to dark, dark places. I will sue for emotional damage.

no more solitary advances into the goatless desert, eh?

That will do however.

Ok, I have no spiffy commentary for once, so let's reload (up to 50% if other people need the ammo, I don't think there are enough targets left to need a full reload. If there's enough time left in the turn I will relocate towards the black building we bombed during the initial rush, ready to spring for objective 4 when other people will be ready. Stick to cover and no offensive movement.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
8LCU9un.jpg
: Sir... It is time.

IbIxhcY.png
: ...Men, you know what you have to do. Do not take any prisoner. Destroy any building they might occupy. I will personally take responsibility in case of any collaterals... But if I see you let any of them run away I will put you down myself. Let's move out.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Have you guys tried playing with the dice rolls? You can even simulate different probabilities by including several success options or failure options, so the percentages are not just 50:50.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Have you guys tried playing with the dice rolls? You can even simulate different probabilities by including several success options or failure options, so the percentages are not just 50:50.
The game rolls the die for us :).

In the case of Strange Farouwk, the die are loaded though.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
XIII. Reinforcements II

I decided to do the reinforcements now already. 2 seconds passed between last update and this one, only due to the fact that when you load a game the game starts without a pause.

So :

- All tankists, artillerists and IFV drivers (Strange Farouk, Sukhavati, Mondblut, the Imam [aka Commissar Draco], SmartCheetah, Dayyālu and Endemic gets NOTHING. You already get the prime killing machines of this group !
- We welcome our new players :

CappenVarra gets an assault squad, same as Andjord/Darkpatriot/Catacombs. On foot
Helly is back with one [NDF] militia group of 5. On foot.
Ol' Willy gets a BMP-1, same as Endemic - he allowed me to choose and I had no more allowance for infantry squads.

- Reinforcements :
Andnjord receives a new assault squad. It was the last one available.
Egosphere receives a NDF militia group of 5.
baud has pleased command very much - he receives a BTR-80 to relocate quickly, with its own driver, AND an extra MG squad for twice the firepower.
Darth Roxor receives an extra mortar squad, for more dakka, and an heavy Ural-375 transport truck (not supply, but there are a lot of raw ammunitium inside). The transport truck has no dedicated driver.

yOF21m0.png

Catacombs receives a SAA recoiless rifle team !

Eo4x4rm.png

@Sergiu receives an extra Sniper Rifle team. In addition, Taxalot's engineers are officially put under his direct command.
vazha, or rather the last man in his team that is, by some kind of coincidence, ALSO called Vazha through from a totally different family, receives a new Tiger Squad. Don't waste this one :p
darkpatriot has pleased command very much - he receives a BTR-80 with a dedicated driver. Just for him.
Azira also receives a SAA recoiless rifle team !
MoistCloister receives a NDF militia machine gun :

OtnNc46.png

We also bring, as discussed, two supply trucks and one oil truck.

Some notes on the reinforcements :

- You cannot give them orders until they reach your "main" squad (eg : next turn). This of course does not apply to CappenVarra, Helly and Ol' Willy who can move immediately.
- For all useful purposes and for my sanity, once reinforcements reached your main squad, we will consider it merged with the main squad so orders are to be given to them as if you had exactly one squad. So the handsome Al-Matnjord is fully under the orders of Al-Andnjord, for a squad of effective size 6 :).
Obvious exceptions : vehicles so darkpatriot can dohis tacticool things, or teams that have not exactly the same squad can say that one covers the other if it makes sense (eg Moistcloister MG stays behind while the infantry takes a building) !

Finally, Once the convoy has arrived, I will spend some time resupplying everyone. I will then allow attacks to both remaining Daesh targets, so if you are not attacking the Southern target you can tell me where you want to be as a preparation for the assault on the Northern target (and since it looks like no one is going for Southern target right now, you can tell me where you "prepare" your position for that one too).

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
That's a rebel emblem on your hat though :D

RECONCILED REBELS
Exactly. That's absolutely not an oversight. No siree. He's a bona fide SAA officer that found a cool hat and not a rebel. He will definitely not shoot you in the back. Scout's honor.
Of course you realize you are NDF, not SAA. I gave you the cheapest unit possible (except vehicle driver without vehicle) :)
Qu'importe le flacon tant qu'on a l'ivresse.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I ll run the short turn tomorrow so hurry up, or don’t, it will be calm presumably.

Egosphere

Arcane
Here's a bigger map to show daesh positions relative to the perimeter. Had to distort the bottom half to fit into shape, so that might be wonky

oIq6sZd.jpg

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Remember when I said that it would be a short turn with little action ?

I was wrong. Some of you saved the day by being correct place, correct time.

As it took me longer than expected, turn tomorrow. AT BEST !

Spoiler : First confirmed kills for Ol' Willy already.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
XIV. The last assault

So, this was supposed to be a calm turn. There were the long tail of a few combat to finish off, and then R&R.

So one of those small combat was Azira / mondblut finishing off some infantry, like they did as Germans in Firefight :). Mondblut's BMP-1 is easy mode against infantry with nothing better than assault rifle.

o6lxx7t.png

zs3CS7P.png

jieAuTD.png

Once the position is cleared, Azira can move in :

3qhTLRk.png

Baud / Imam Draco / Strange Farouwk were against some opposition as well in one of the tall building in front of them, but said opposition started to hide, for no further combat at the time. Imam Draco is sent to the back to resupply.

UMyS7Q4.png

darkpatriot took upon himself to clear up the jail from the last defenders. He would be assisted by SmartCheetah 's T72A.

oCOa4I8.png

The one enemy soldier that is spotted is killed by SmartCheetah

gW1pDRA.png

d8sBM2K.png

Bis repetita when a second soldier is spotted :

ffLkJj4.png

rJomq8y.png

By the time darkpatriot reaches the structure, it is empty. SmartCheetah is moved to the resupply zone, while Darkpatriot can move to his next order : take position over the irrigation canal (or maybe it is a wadi ?)

XuMLQwn.png

3JSGZEV.png

Sergiu's order were to secure several buildings on the East side of the airport. The mission went unopposed, and I decided to redeploy him at the end of it in a building overlooking that one building in front of Baud & Strange Farouwk where hostiles are suspected.

Xdn65ZR.png

UHWCxnm.png

poPxroh.png

Finally, Endemic 's order went "N/A" due to lack of hostile, so I decide to use him to ferry the prisoners to evacuation zone :

1TcYluZ.png

So far so good.

Meanwhile, the convoy goes on its merry way and reaches the location that had been mined by Azira. Surprise, there is the remaining of two large explosions, and 2 mines are missing to the recount [sadly, the game removes destroyed vehicles after some time / load games ; testing around by loading an old save it was one Technical with MG and another technical vehicles I could not identify because there was only the wreck when I reached the spot]. Looks like Azira's mine were useful after all !

uO02dXK.png

Now let's focus on the rest, repair, resupply, reinforce part. That's the reinforcements as they arrived :

ukm2grR.png

They are beelined to where Dayyalu and Sukhavati are (a place that currently looks like this :

W6BhiSX.png

On the way, there is one big surprise. A group of militants with RPG had infiltrated through the line, and one shoots at Ol' Willy :

Dj6eb3X.png

Ol' Willy is missed. He shoots back, and while the shell misses, the machine-gun does not :

U1oga1J.png

xTD43Us.png

But as you can see, a third militant close to the road is spotted. The guy has a RPG :

1iugpSB.png

D64n8jY.png

gxJ3sdE.png

The technical in front of the NDF convoy is destroyed.

The BMP-1 craftily avoid the burning carcass of the Toyota and shoots the militant dead :

feEdptu.png

Ol' Willy removes the last one :

64uGHcF.png

As the resupply convoy arrives, we start to have a lot of people gathered in one spot :

0vcjmQi.png

The NDF arrives shortly thereafter, and its deployment in the based is slowed down by CappenVarra that existed a BTR-80 and is now moving on foot.

WQIxG3E.png

The tanks have finished resupplying, and Imam Draco and Dayyalu are sent back to where they came from. Meanwhile, without orders from Ol' Wily, I decide to deploy him, with al-Helli's father, where the mines were :

zuOSJtX.png

Also meanwhile, Endemic ends his evac mission.

39hb47W.png
The crew you saved and myself can't wait to take vengeance on the enemy. We will be over soon on a new IFV !

A BMP-2 with ATGM !

PfevKzL.png

SsNAvyJ.png
Wait ! It makes no sense !
39hb47W.png
What makes no sense ?
SsNAvyJ.png
Where did you get that BMP-2 ? We just received reinforcements, and Ol' Willy choice of IFV was BMP-1 or BMP-1
39hb47W.png
I don't know. Maybe it was extra special only for elite troops ?
SsNAvyJ.png
Elite troops ? I have been fighting since the beginning of the mission with that 60 years old piece of rust, half the time without infantry support even though I usually tell them what I am going to do before they even realize they have to give orders, and someone thought that PRISONERS that we had to save ourselves deserve a new shiny BMP-2 with ATGM ?
39hb47W.png
It it not really a question of deserv...
SsNAvyJ.png
Are you telling me it is their personal BMP-2. That they knew where to find even though we just came to break the siege ?
39hb47W.png
Well I really don't see how...
SsNAvyJ.png
I tell you - next opportunity to do my tour of prisonery to get back and receive my BMP-2, I take it.

Anyway, this is looking good for the final assault and here is the situat...

Wait. What's this ?

Daesh is attacking the base !

ihb9kKI.png

A T-55 moving toward Strange Farouwk's T-55A. The day of reckoning has arrived !

solFIbE.png

Imam Draco is barely coming back. It is going to be Strange Farouwk's T-55A against Daesh's T-55A...

iwMKfSW.png

dQp1z2J.png

ka6zyPS.png

NOW IN GIF :

mBOM0Kz.gif

More guys arrive, including two BMP-1

tXMaaLm.png

9S2cCMO.png

Strange Farouwk shoots a shell that goes right THROUGH one of the BMP-1

gNB6j3v.png

Imam Draco has to finish the job (with a shell that does the same) :

a6xE28Z.png

Dayyalu contributes by removing the technical :

fIcJwEw.png

Infantry now is pouring through :

cB6nNxZ.png

Mat0DWc.png

Stopped dead, Imam Draco starts a pursuit :

d0R9ixV.png

qsZAxFt.png

oqYoaHQ.png

VFYpzJK.png

OK, maybe not given the RPG in the buildings.

Meanwhile, more troops are pouring through on the other side of the building. Of course, between Baud's MG and BTR-80, Dayyalu, Sergiu's sniper team and the NDF force, they are hacked down :

W0HwfRk.png

Iv4qZHq.png

IeXRNWG.png

Meanwhile, the crew of one of the neutralized BMP-1 is running toward the T-55, and gets into it :

ezBaWyB.png

bRjnwqo.png

AHAH ! Strange Farouwk's CHANCE !

E464KFe.png

rd1fGgF.png

Cook out ! There will not be a third chance for Strange Farouwk to destroy one of his nemesis !

Strange Farouwk can be sent to resupply, and NOW let me show the situatio...

Wait what ? Another attack South now ?

wstJ6C4.png

Sadly for them, darkpatriot and his BTR-80 are more than enough to stop the two waves of attacks, despite one or two rockets against the building where darkpatriot is shooting them from :

gfL8xJd.png

I05t6qs.png

Sadly, I won't be able to show the end of this fight (though there is no doubt about the end result), as I realize there is another attack across the "bridge" where Azira, Mondblut and SmartCheetah are :

Tvx8Ihf.png

This is more serious - a T-62 is there, and Azira is totally suppressed, only leaving Mondblut's BMP-1 and SmartCheetah's T72A to stop the attackers.

0rTSrbH.png

One of Azira's men is killed by the tank :

fow2vBh.png

He is quickly avenged by a missile from Mondblut, though, confirmed by a shell from SmartCheetah

1WLvWwp.png

bOuRBGF.png

isWYVh7.png

fDtFmVO.png

As the last attacker is killed, Azira's men stand-up... to see a THIRD attack further West, out of range of SmartCheetah :

fDtFmVO.png

wfuK3N2.png

Azira's men are suppressed again, so Daesh passes through easy peasy. The "doctors" are killed !

EsToblK.png

Mondblut tries something, as the militant are getting close to his discarded MLRS truck :

nMlDAEE.png

Too little, too late :

7I9nK38.png

0F7HO7y.png

The militants are moving toward the "supply" area... but unfortunately for them, it is where Strange Farouwk and Endemic are still reloading (Endemic did not take part in the initial reloading round as he was evacuating the prisoners)

DCbrRMf.png

iNXDGnj.png

nd1W2lf.png

dK0MOaz.png

XOV4S5V.png

And that's all for attack.

SO, let's me show you the situation, for the final clean-up.

In the South, forces are ready to cross the wadi :

opSEnjq.png

In the airbase, half the force are in front of that last portion of the airbase not totally cleared-up, or in trenches, half is in reserve. Endemic can carry one (reinforced) squad if needed, Strange Farouwk can carry two :

J04eGnY.png

This is what lays in front of them :

h1yZpMl.png

Finally, a small force has been moved where the mines are :

ltqf55O.png

Your orders, commanders.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
As the resupply convoy arrives, we start to have a lot of people gathered in one spot :

totally expected everyone to get obliterated by an artillery barrage lol

I'm gonna support whomstvever is going to clean up the west part of the map.

Also in the news,

Syrian troops, tanks grind forward in east Aleppo despite fanatic resistance by jihadists

21-2.jpg

BEIRUT, LEBANON (7:30 A.M.) – Amid very heavy clashes throughout the Kuweires Airbase in eastern Aleppo, troops and armor of the Syrian Arab Army are clawing their forward against jihadist militants despite ferocious resistance.

As of late, the focus of Syrian Army operations in Kuweires is the airbase’s orchard farms area and to this effect army troops and tanks managed to, during recent hours, score a 200 meter deep advance in the area after heavy rocket shelling by Gulan artillery systems.

The Kuweires Orchards represent the first and most crucial line of defense held by ISIS militants within the entire district. Some of the longest tunnels and most interlinked trench systems belonging to the jihadist insurgents run throughout the area.

The capture of this first line of defense by Syrian forces will, according to Al-Masdar News correspondent Ibrahim Joudeh, rapidly accelerate the collapse of militant resistance within Kuweires.

In the meantime, Syrian Army commanders on the ground have called on additional storming units of the 105th Republican Guard Brigade to further bolster their offensive potential.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Two BMPs with no infantry... this is not gonna end well. Advance north from cover to cover eliminating the chance of random RPG grenade hitting my vehicle; light opposition should be dispatched, if opposition is heavy then take cover and loudly yell for assistance. Do not play games against enemy anti-armor weapons, I hope that Kalarion will join me so we would make some kind of coordinated effort.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Two BMPs with no infantry... this is not gonna end well. Advance north from cover to cover eliminating the chance of random RPG grenade hitting my vehicle; light opposition should be dispatched, if opposition is heavy then take cover and loudly yell for assistance. Do not play games against enemy anti-armor weapons, I hope that Kalarion will join me so we would make some kind of coordinated effort.
You have 5 men from al Helli in your vehicle.

there is a significant reserve in the back (Catacombs, Vazha, Moistcloister and Egosphere) that can be fetched if needed and if they agree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom