Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Face the Antarans! (MoO2) -The End- The Master Race -

Are we going Custom Race?

• Yes - Check my post for build.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Check my post for pre-generated race choice.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

anus_pounder

Arcane
Wow, so rather than magically turning into people of your race conquered planets retain the original race inhabitants ? :salute: This game is awesome.

EDIT : Vote B. Food and space sound pretty important.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
anus_pounder said:
Wow, so rather than magically turning into people of your race conquered planets retain the original race inhabitants ? :salute: This game is awesome.

You'd love the good old Masters of Magic too then. Go! gog.com also has that one for sale, only $6. :M

lightbane

Arcane
Hey don't diss Humanity/the Hivemind so easily! It's the master race destined to rule the stars! And I vote for B.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
lightbane said:
Hey don't diss Humanity/the Hivemind so easily! It's the master race destined to rule the stars! And I vote for B.

"Send a human to a desert planet, and he'll grow enough to feed himself.
Send a klackon to the same planet, and he'll feed another star system."

:smug:

01.jpg

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I advise B, oh Great Authority. One vision, one purpose.

However!

Won't ditching Humanity mean an end of the mind control bonus? And the Klackons are noticeably uncreative... Maybe keep Humans as scientists and warriors for now?

RK47

Patron
Music: Tiberian Sun - Map

More advances to our technology...

orion2_000.png

The current economical situation is perilous...The Hivemind's credit reserves are strained and income is hovering at 1-2 Billion Credits...it seems we have a long way to go...

orion2_001.png

Hopefully, with the establishment of Spaceports we will increase trade in Sol II.

doc.png
Milord, Origin has arrived at Kholdan system.

On screen.

orion2_002.png

pilot.png
Recon data complete! Retreating!

orion2_003.png

Well, at least he survived...
orion2_004.png

We're going to find it hard to compete with their industrial might...only a matter of time before they swarm us with their battleships.

orion2_006.png

Looks like the Outpost Ship is ready.

orion2_007.png

Let's send it to Knaa system.

orion2_008.png

With the Spaceport, we can start the economic recovery...

orion2_009.png

But I want more security...

Stardate 3512.2

orion2_010.png

Outpost Knaa established. We can now use this as a refueling station for recon mission, further extending our fleet distance...

orion2_011.png

We're bleeding credits...

orion2_013.png

Thankfully, the Spaceport will bail us out.

orion2_014.png

Efforts diverted to research...

Stardate 3513.1

mentat.png
Forgive me, Great One. I have urgent message from Tarandus.

Go ahead, Mentat.

orion2_015.png

mentat.png
We detected a fleet of Klackon ships approaching Tarandus..they will be here in two months...

As much as I would like to see you stand ground and die...You should retreat when engaged, but get me a scan of their fleet before doing so.

mentat.png
Milord is wise. It shall be done.

orion2_016.png

Further scouting of outlying systems bore no fruit.

orion2_020.png

The Klackon fleet makes me uneasy...

orion2_021.png

Yet another false hope. With another warmhole teasing us...

orion2_023.png

What have I got to lose?

orion2_024.png

About time.

orion2_025.png

Looks like they spared no punches...

orion2_026.png

Hm...Tritanium Armor. No shields. Nuclear and Mass Drivers. I have all I need. Retreat.

orion2_028.png

I've got all I need anyway...

orion2_029.png

You can have this hellhole back...

orion2_030.png

We're about to double Sol II's economic output...but I would like your inputs on the next direction of our research...

orion2_031.png

What path of research should we undertake? Current RP per turn 90-100

A) Robotics 650 RP
Increase our productivity to match theirs with Robo Miners. We'll out produce them with their own workers!

orion2_033.png

B) Chemistry 250 RP
Either increase our traveling distance to find better worlds, or Tritanium Armor to enhance our hull's protection. After that, we can develop a new type of missile to blast their ships from the sky!

orion2_034.png

C) Physics 50 RP
We should develop basic long range laser cannons as main armaments for space combat and invent more powerful energy weapons down the road!

orion2_035.png

D) Force Fields 250 RP
We might be able to match their Mass Drivers with ours, or better protect us with Class I shielding! The Gyro Destabilizer sounds like an interesting weapon!

orion2_036.png

E) Power 250 RP
We should unlock faster engines to compensate for our weaker hulls. After the upgrade is completed, we'll make a beeline for Ion Pulse Cannon.

orion2_037.png

C Physics (Space Scanner), then A Robotics (Robo Miners), then D Force Fields (ECM Jammer), then F Force Fields (Inertial Stabilizer). The latter will give a fair advantage if the Klackons keep to their "beam" weapons.

And don't forget that you can raise taxes to get some cash when production isn't a priority.

When you put weapons on your ships don't put all the ones of same type together, with that you can only shoot one enemy a turn with those 9 missles, also mirv nukes are better even though you can fit less of them on. I usually use 2-3 different groups of same missle at least, you can shoot them one at the time, at different enemies. Also please no cloack cheese.

If you research a new weapon(like the missle you mentioned) there's usually no point in putting it on a ship yet, it takes up too much space, use something earlier from the same tech tree, it's more miniaturized and can use modifications.

The thing is though, if klackons want to attack you they're only couple of turns away, are you sure you can build up by then, that's why I dunno which choice to go for, if you can pull it off though I choose B), it miniaturizes the nukes and gives you better armor, missles are way better weapons early game than beams.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The only thing that might save you ... for now, is the star station that the homeworld has, and it's main defense (that is upgraded automatically) are shields and missiles.

Better focus on that.

RK47

Patron
Music: Tiberian Dawn - Industrial

mentat.png
Forgive me, O Greatest Authority. I have bad news...

What is it, Mentat?

mentat.png
I am afraid, there is a slight...miscalculation in our retreat.

Explain.

mentat.png
When we retreated, we are unable to exploit the wormhole's great leap back to our home system.

You're stranded?

mentat.png
No..not exactly. We're limping back to Sol system alongside the Freighters...

How long will this journey take?

mentat.png
With minimal fuel consumption...I estimate...

orion2_000.png

ONE AND A HALF YEARS?

mentat.png
Forgive us, Milord. I will make haste if possible! Mentat, out.

Hmm. That poses a problem to my counter-attack. If I retreat my fleet...they won't be able to use the wormhole for a quick retreat from combat. Already the people grew restless from talks of war. I need to mobilize my workforce and build a real strike force quickly to safeguard our territory.

orion2_001.png

We need to match their productivity with Robotics. I'm sure these robo-miners will come in handy...

orion2_002.png

I will also need to trim the spending to build some emergency reserves. Galis' services is no longer required.

orion2_003.png

Excellent. The next step would be...

orion2_004.png

Structural scans on those Klackon fleets indicate their hull is twice as strong as our Titanium. This must be rectified.

orion2_005.png

Sol Prime, our industrial hub will start Project Knaa...where Director Chug is already awaiting with a small outpost on the surface.

orion2_006.png

Right. That should better the odds in engagements...

orion2_007.png

Let's develop basic lasers and scanners to arm ourselves with.

orion2_008.png

orion2_009.png

orion2_010.png

Very encouraging. But we need bigger, better guns...

orion2_011.png

Fusion Beam sounds nice, but I'm looking to arm my soldiers with better rifles, just in case there's an invasion...

orion2_012.png

The extra credits are poured into the colony ship launch.

orion2_013.png

We'll setup a Military Academy to prepare future pilots for war.

orion2_014.png

Our marines will appreciate these new rifles.

orion2_015.png

The next step would be to develop a Battle Scanner to enhance our beam weapon accuracy.

Stardate 3515.3
orion2_016.png

Our first colony ship takes off to Knaa.

orion2_021.png

orion2_022.png

Project Fellowship commences. The arriving human colonists were terminated by the ground forces, as the Klackon workers arrive in three months...

orion2_023.png

Director Kirsus furthers his scientific brilliance, and is promoted to Magistrate.

orion2_024.png

Sol research station continues to shine brightly under his leadership.

orion2_025.png

It's time to arm ourselves with a serious weapon. The neutron blaster.

orion2_027.png

Director Chug requested additional funds to complete the Automated Factory at Fellowship Prime. Funds release authorized.

orion2_028.png

Hah. I didn't plan for that one. But that's good to hear...more pain from us will follow...

orion2_030.png

Excellent.

orion2_031.png

Now, to improve the productivity with pollution processors..

orion2_032.png

Sol Prime finishes construction of Star Base. Project Skyway commences...

orion2_033.png

orion2_034.png

The Destroyer-class 'Skyway' will serve as the backbone of our fleet. With Heavy enhancements, they will out-range and out-damage weapons of similar class. Armed with three heavy Neutron Guns, the Skyway will have a chance to kill the enemy crew, allowing easy capture of enemy ships...

orion2_035.png

Fellowship Prime continues to redeem itself...

orion2_036.png

Director Chug distinguishes himself and promises the terraforming project to be completed within 5 years.

orion2_037.png

We are gaining momentum...

orion2_038.png

Better engines would help us reach objectives faster, and improve our freight shuttling time.

orion2_039.png

orion2_040.png

The Cruiser Mentat finally returns to Sol and is ready for refit operations.

orion2_041.png

The survival of Mentat is crucial if a colony is to be captured after a space victory. They will play a support role, launching missiles from afar and assisting the fleet with point defense laser cannons to shoot down oncoming warheads.

orion2_044.png

Faster...

orion2_045.png

Research efforts poured into Planetary Gravity Generator technology. This will neutralize any productive issues when colonizing High Gravity planets.

orion2_046.png

Contact established with another race...

orion2_047.png

A pacifist...we are too busy for a second front...best to trade and exploit their non-aggressive nature.

orion2_048.png

Tech. Exchange was carried out. I am wary of giving up our productivity edge. The Alien Management Center is the best we can give away.

orion2_049.png

orion2_050.png

Both trade and research treaty was signed. A small amount of income is reserved to establish the trade route, but ambassadors from both races are confident the returns will show itself within half a year.

orion2_051.png

A small outpost ship was sent out to extend our zone of control. This time to Hadramaut system.

orion2_052.png

Hmm. Perhaps an Alliance is possible? I haven't managed to convince the Trilarian to sign a Non Aggression Treaty, but we'll see in a year's time...

orion2_053.png

The Hadramaut Prime has potential. Ultra Rich mineral deposits and High G. We should be able to overcome this with the new Gravity Generators tech.

orion2_054.png

Well THAT was fast. What happened, I wonder? Oh, outpost at Hadramaut reports incoming transmission from another alien race.

orion2_055.png

Hmm.

orion2_056.png

Oh!

orion2_057.png

The Alkari is ruled by Tak Tochno, a honorable industrialist.

orion2_058.png

While Queen Myranmar of the Elerian is a ruthless industrialist and a fellow telepath. I foresee conflict between both of our races.

orion2_060.png

The Alkari is willing to sign a trade treaty. Our offer of research treaty was rejected.

orion2_061.png

The Elerians are uncooperative and refused to sign anything.

orion2_062.png

No matter. Operation Skyway is a go. A fleet of three Skyway and one Mentat set forth towards Irra system's wormhole.

orion2_063.png

Wary of any ambushes, a lone scout was sent ahead to recon.

orion2_064.png

No enemy fleet is detected, the stage is set for a quick smash and grab!

orion2_065.png

orion2_066.png

The Hivemind grows stronger.

orion2_067.png

Onward!

orion2_069.png

orion2_070.png

mentat.png
Milord, Tarandus Prime is ours! Your orders?

Load them up to the freighter now. Leave the system and head towards the nearby Klackon Colony of Ras.

mentat.png
We are not defending Tarandus Prime?

We've taken what is worthwhile from that blasted planet. Let the insects take it back...

mentat.png
Very well, Milord.

orion2_072.png

Now, to prepare for the slaves' arrival....

orion2_075.png

The Klackon colonists were loaded up into the Freight transports and set forth towards both Sol and Fellowship system.

orion2_080.png

The Hivemind's logistics struggled to cope with the sudden influx of immigrants...but a quick switch to additional freight productions solved the problem shortly.

orion2_077.png

On the mean time, Skyway fleet will continue its rampage into Klackon space.

orion2_078.png

orion2_079.png

Sol III is ready to receive Klackon workers.

orion2_082.png

mentat.png
Commander, excellent news! The Klackon fleet is retreating back to Kholdan to defend their homeworld, leaving Ras defenseless!

Good, maintain course!

orion2_083.png

orion2_084.png

What a prize!

mentat.png
Mentat to the Authority, I have news.

What is it, Mentat?

mentat.png
It seems this colony is formerly owned by the Trilarian empire. We've rescued one and a half million of them. What shall we do with them, sire?

orion2_085.png

They're...quite worthless. Await the Klackon workers arrival before disposing of them. Oh, blame it on the Klackons.

mentat.png
Understood.

orion2_086.png

Magistrate Chug of Fellowship Prime reports the first stage of terraforming project is complete. He has doubled the planet's habitable space! The second phase would turn the formerly desert planet into a full terran class planet, capable of housing 20 million workforce!

Here are the current rivals' racial statistics that we have made contact with.

orion2_087.png

orion2_088.png

Relations with the Trilarians couldn't be better..we've signed a Non Aggression Treaty with them

orion2_091.png

And secured another tech trade.

What do you think will our next course of action should be?

A) Military
Finish off the Klackon Empire!

B) Expand
Take more territory closer to our inner system! Establish additional colonists and outposts!

lightbane

Arcane
So, how is this game's AI?

orion2_046.png

Funny thing that the horrible lovecraftian-esque creature is actually a pacifist... Therefore, expect a betrayal. And I vote for A, finish what you started!!

RK47

Patron
Yes...I agree. We should finish these insects while they still cower...Radnor!

Music: Tiberian Dawn: In the Line of Fire

mentat.png
Yes, Master?

Order the fleet to move to Tarandus and prepare to invade Kholdan!

mentat.png
At once!

orion2_000.png

If my predictions are correct, the foolish insects are attempting to retake their pitiful colony which they thought is undefended. Heh heh.

orion2_001.png

Welcome! They've retaken Tarandus Prime. So be it. Commander Radnor, prepare to engage enemy fleet on arrival!

mentat.png
I would gladly do so, Master. However...they seem to have left Tarandus and set course towards Ras system.

orion2_002.png

Hmmm. Interesting. Inform the Ras governor to switch productions to trade goods and not to resist. And recapture Tarandus Prime and use it as a refueling station for the Kholdan invasion.

mentat.png
Your cunning is unmatched, Master.

orion2_004.png

Fools. :smug:

mentat.png
Master, an interesting update from Ras system. It would appear that the Klackon fleet has decided to return to Kholdan.

orion2_007.png

Too late. Finish it, Radnor!

mentat.png
We have arrived at Kholdan. Uploading planetary data...

orion2_008.png

Too heavily defended...

orion2_009.png

Same with this one...

orion2_010.png

Ha! Take out their Hive, I command you, Radnor! For the glory of the Hivemind!

mentat.png
Skyway Squadron, you have your orders...jump drives disabled until authorization for retreat is given. Attack!

orion2_011.png

orion2_pilot.png
Skyway-Leader, we copy. 2 and 3, you're with me. Strive for Unity!
orion2_pilot2.png
Trust thy brothers!
orion2_pilot3.png
Worthiness Precedes Reward!

orion2_012.png

orion2_013.png

orion2_pilot.png
I've got good hit on the star base! Scanning for damage!

orion2_014.png

orion2_pilot2.png
Looks like we can capture the star base with a few more good hits.

orion2_015.png

mentat.png
Get closer! I am firing a missile barrage!

orion2_016.png

orion2_pilot2.png
Mentat, incoming Pulson missiles!
mentat.png
I know that, imbecile! Who are you to tell me what to do!
orion2_pilot.png
This is Skyway leader, commencing boarding operations! Troop pods deployed!

orion2_017.png

orion2_018.png

orion2_pilot3.png
Nice work, Leader! Turn the guns at their missile launchers on the surface!

orion2_019.png

orion2_pilot2.png
This is Skyway-2 I'm taking hits from the missiles...requesting authorization to retreat!

orion2_020.png

mentat.png
Stand your ground fool! Point defense laser turret at those incoming missiles NOW! Oh no, it's too...Aaaaaargghhh!
orion2_pilot.png
Star base, open fire at their planetary missile base!

orion2_021.png

orion2_pilot3.png
This is 3, I think we just lost Mentat!
orion2_pilot2.png
Oh shi-
orion2_pilot.png
Fuck. We just lost 2. Command, request objective update! We've lost Mentat!

orion2_024.png

Damn it, Radnor! You fool! We're so CLOSE!

orion2_pilot.png
Skyway leader to Authority...uh..Khaldon V defense neutralized, holding station. Orders?

Bomb the surface.

orion2_026.png

How could this happen? A fatal mistake at such a crucial time...

orion2_027.png

Curses! I can't send additional reinforcement without risking it...

orion2_pilot.png
Authority! We are under attack! Klackons, 1 Battleship and 2 Destroyers class closing in fast! Skyway 3 is in no shape to fight.

orion2_030.png

Pull back to Tarandus Prime for repairs! Hold your position there!

orion2_031.png

We are being pushed back...We can't match their Pulson Missiles firepower, I'm sending another Skyway destroyer to back you up.

Stardate 3520.9 Tarandus Prime

launch.png

orion2_032.png

orion2_pilot.png
Authority? Permission to attack.

Hmm..without a colony in this system, they cannot repair..but if the missiles hit us, it's all over. Transmitting orders. Follow it to the latter.

orion2_pilot.png
Acknowledged. Commencing attack run. Peace through Power!

orion2_033.png

Our plan is simple, we will hit their destroyer class with neutron blasts from afar, then retreat before the missiles hit us.

orion2_pilot.png
That's two destroyers down! Let's jump out!

orion2_037.png

We engage again the next month when they still remain in Tarandus system.

orion2_038.png

At one point, one of their Cruiser is dead in space, awaiting capture, but I decided not to risk the Skyways. The missiles will destroy them before capture. The Klackon Fleet, realizing it's being slowly weakened, retreats to Kholdan system. A brief respite for Skyway Squadron.

orion2_039.png

More productivity boosters...

orion2_040.png

I want better hulls. This delay is getting annoying.

With the war at standstill, our diplomatic gains with other races are very noticable, with the exception of Elerians, of course.

orion2_041.png

orion2_042.png

orion2_043.png

For now, we will catch our breath and lick our wounds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom