Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yeah, maybe the Inquisitor will be a bro after we survive all this shit( I mean surviving a black hold and a powerful psyker is pretty damn impressive, right?) and give us a place in his acolyte cells. I very much don't like our prospects staying with the Guard, especially if Gunny Vakarian comes back alive and intact.

^ Top  
  2. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    I see what you did here. I say 1, purge the witch... Try asking her about gnostic demons, fairies and japanese rpgs. That should distract her long enough to allow us to kill her :M

PS: Is one of the mutants a female one covered by angry bees?

^ Top  
  3. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Root repeatedly stated we're never going to be part of an =I= retinue since that would change the while setting from Only War to Dark Heresy. Stop trying to suck off the radical inquisitor already.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Then we have to fuck him before he fucks us, and hope the gunnery sergeant doesn't come back alive.

^ Top  
  5. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    Accurate film adaptation of events depicted

Going with 1, in case I didn't make it clear.

^ Top  
  6. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    1, of course.

^ Top  
  7. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Awwww..

[​IMG]

Well then we'd better hope our arguments are convincing, or he somehow tips himsel off if we manage to scrape through this. :salute:

^ Top  
  8. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    The near-unanimous vote for 1) worries me a lot. Especially because it reminds me of when almost everybody voted to disobey orders and not inform our superiors of Commissar Holt's actions while playing as Limpwrist McFaggot.

^ Top  
  9. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Since the witch is already shrouded in flames, I somehow doubt a laspistol is going to do much to her.

Still voting 1 of course.

Say goodbye to that fate point. We really should have gone with the rest of our team to rescue our comrades. The Inquisitor would still try to get rid of us, but at least we wouldn't be alone - he would have to take out all of us (including what's left of the refinery team to make sure we didn't talk to them). Much harder to cover up.

^ Top  
  10. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    Difference here is both options have an equal chance of success and failure. I'm just picking the option that'll let us die with our boots on as opposed to getting run down like a dog.

^ Top  
  11. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Apparently the flame resistence power as described in the rulebook only reduces the damage from plasma weapons by half, not laspistols :troll:
    Besides, we have an axe.

^ Top  
  12. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Well, back then it actually was a choice. This time however... IT IS BETTER DO DIE FOR THE EMPEROR THAN LIVE FOR OURSELVES.

Also, running from a threat that we know nothing about, or atleast trying to avoid it, is one thing. Running from a bunch of heretics and mutants with the tail tugged between our legs is a whole other. It will probably cost us our fatepoint, but so might trying to escape this whole shit, and then we don't even have something to show for. It might turn out like "the guy who didn't shoot the heretic Inquisitor who brought daemons onto a Steel Legion flagship, abandoned his squadmates when they needed him most and ran from a bunch of mutants" versus "the guy that made a mistake not shooting a rogue Inquisitor, who got framed by the very Inquisitior himself, freed himself, went into a black hold unarmed and all by himself, who heroically killed every mutant that stood in his way, destroyed a mutant sorceress, killed black cat, just to report to the LG to stop the Inquisitor from summoning Kaldor Draigo a whole bunch of daemons into the world, then turning the gun onto himself because he disobeyed orders and killing himself".

Edit: Thanks for the fast updating root. :bro: Going with 2 here, since surviving the whole fight will only mean that we have to drag them with us since we promised them a place in the Imperial Guard. Let the heretics fight and kill themselves. Flipping to 1, commanding our own squad of mutants shows leadership, and using mutants to reach our goal somewhat shows how important delivering whatever we have to say is to us.

^ Top  
  13. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    [​IMG]

Now they can kick ass and then die standing. :incline: As to choice now:

"while vile mutants draw breath, there can be no peace. While obscene heretics' hearts still beat, there can be no respite. While traitors still live, there can be no forgiveness." Silver Skulls catechism of hate verse I of XXV "

They're Still Impure and you don't have time to give them Emperor's benediction. 1

(would vote 1 for more scurging, purging and collar grabbing.... but promising them place in IG is Blam! asking HERESY.)

^ Top  
  14. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    The mutants should make for a decent smoke screen, not to mention emerging in the Lord General's chambers with a bunch of deformed subhumans will probably not aid our cause in the least.

2, let the unclean wipe each other out.

^ Top  
  15. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    SHEPARD, FUCK YEAH!

I'm torn between 1 being the option that lets us scourge and purge more and 2 which is more likely to make the LG listen to us if we make it that far.

^ Top  
  16. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    So, did we spent that fate point to survive the mindrape? In any case, I vote 1 for the lulz option, it's not like we can't dispose of them whenever we want (at best, these mutants could be send at the planet as cannon fodder).

^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    But it'd be fun.

Voting 1. Surely the Lord General would be more inclined to believe the allegedly tainted private who shows up with a host of mutants at his back!
    Also this is probably the choice where we later become a canonized Patron Saint dealing with mutie matters.

^ Top  
  18. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    In that case voting 1 - stay and fight.

It's the Shepard choice.

^ Top  
  19. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Ohyeah! We'll be Klovis, we'll need those fanatics and zealots, and we'll purge them when the time comes. Until then, they can serve the Emperor and die fighting. Should they survive, we'll give them the benediction later, unless some of them actually prove to be worthy of life, which is highly doubtful.

Lead our own crusade through the black hold for maximum justice! :salute: Saving their souls does not mean dragging them with us all the way to the LG.

OPTION 1!

^ Top  
  20. GreyViper Erudite

GreyViper
    1) Things have turned out rather well I think and the PSI defense will come handy against =I= all we need is more willpower and conviction.

^ Top  
  21. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Can you give us any indication on either how important that particular hive is for the whole black hold, and what armaments both sides carry, respectively the numbers of both sides of the fight?

^ Top  
  22. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Abandon Steel Legion brethren! Then save hideous mutant scum from even bigger, more dangerous scum!

:yeah:

So yeah 2) No matter what, muties are still a no-no. The Emperor protects, just not them.

^ Top  
  23. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    You heard the man!
    [​IMG]

1) The keenest blade is righteous hatred! SCOURGE AND PURGE!

^ Top  
  24. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You know it can also mean that your character becomes really sympathetic to mutants and gets a mental taint and one day a commissar catches him dicking/getting dicked by one. Simultaneously. That's a defining character trait too, mutie love.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.