Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The near-unanimous vote for 1) worries me a lot. Especially because it reminds me of when almost everybody voted to disobey orders and not inform our superiors of Commissar Holt's actions while playing as Limpwrist McFaggot.
Well, back then it actually was a choice. This time however... IT IS BETTER DO DIE FOR THE EMPEROR THAN LIVE FOR OURSELVES.

Also, running from a threat that we know nothing about, or atleast trying to avoid it, is one thing. Running from a bunch of heretics and mutants with the tail tugged between our legs is a whole other. It will probably cost us our fatepoint, but so might trying to escape this whole shit, and then we don't even have something to show for. It might turn out like "the guy who didn't shoot the heretic Inquisitor who brought daemons onto a Steel Legion flagship, abandoned his squadmates when they needed him most and ran from a bunch of mutants" versus "the guy that made a mistake not shooting a rogue Inquisitor, who got framed by the very Inquisitior himself, freed himself, went into a black hold unarmed and all by himself, who heroically killed every mutant that stood in his way, destroyed a mutant sorceress, killed black cat, just to report to the LG to stop the Inquisitor from summoning Kaldor Draigo a whole bunch of daemons into the world, then turning the gun onto himself because he disobeyed orders and killing himself".

Edit: Thanks for the fast updating root. :bro: Going with 2 here, since surviving the whole fight will only mean that we have to drag them with us since we promised them a place in the Imperial Guard. Let the heretics fight and kill themselves. Flipping to 1, commanding our own squad of mutants shows leadership, and using mutants to reach our goal somewhat shows how important delivering whatever we have to say is to us.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Since the witch is already shrouded in flames, I somehow doubt a laspistol is going to do much to her.

Apparently the flame resistence power as described in the rulebook only reduces the damage from plasma weapons by half, not laspistols :troll:
Besides, we have an axe.

35bc4b75f07a7897c10b88597596336b_12189.jpg__thumb

Now they can kick ass and then die standing. :incline: As to choice now:

"while vile mutants draw breath, there can be no peace. While obscene heretics' hearts still beat, there can be no respite. While traitors still live, there can be no forgiveness." Silver Skulls catechism of hate verse I of XXV "

They're Still Impure and you don't have time to give them Emperor's benediction. 1

(would vote 1 for more scurging, purging and collar grabbing.... but promising them place in IG is Blam! asking HERESY.)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The mutants should make for a decent smoke screen, not to mention emerging in the Lord General's chambers with a bunch of deformed subhumans will probably not aid our cause in the least.

2, let the unclean wipe each other out.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
SHEPARD, FUCK YEAH!

I'm torn between 1 being the option that lets us scourge and purge more and 2 which is more likely to make the LG listen to us if we make it that far.

lightbane

Arcane
So, did we spent that fate point to survive the mindrape? In any case, I vote 1 for the lulz option, it's not like we can't dispose of them whenever we want (at best, these mutants could be send at the planet as cannon fodder).

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You don't need to take your host of mutant ratskins to meet the LG, you know.

But it'd be fun.

Voting 1. Surely the Lord General would be more inclined to believe the allegedly tainted private who shows up with a host of mutants at his back!
Also this is probably the choice where we later become a canonized Patron Saint dealing with mutie matters.

btw, this choice is actually much more meaningful than the previous one, because it will have a greater impact on defining your character's character.
In that case voting 1 - stay and fight.

It's the Shepard choice.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ohyeah! We'll be Klovis, we'll need those fanatics and zealots, and we'll purge them when the time comes. Until then, they can serve the Emperor and die fighting. Should they survive, we'll give them the benediction later, unless some of them actually prove to be worthy of life, which is highly doubtful.

Lead our own crusade through the black hold for maximum justice! :salute: Saving their souls does not mean dragging them with us all the way to the LG.

OPTION 1!

GreyViper

Prophet
1) Things have turned out rather well I think and the PSI defense will come handy against =I= all we need is more willpower and conviction.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Can you give us any indication on either how important that particular hive is for the whole black hold, and what armaments both sides carry, respectively the numbers of both sides of the fight?

Esquilax

Arcane
Abandon Steel Legion brethren! Then save hideous mutant scum from even bigger, more dangerous scum!

:yeah:

So yeah 2) No matter what, muties are still a no-no. The Emperor protects, just not them.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
btw, this choice is actually much more meaningful than the previous one, because it will have a greater impact on defining your character's character.

You heard the man!
redeemer.jpg

1) The keenest blade is righteous hatred! SCOURGE AND PURGE!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You know it can also mean that your character becomes really sympathetic to mutants and gets a mental taint and one day a commissar catches him dicking/getting dicked by one. Simultaneously. That's a defining character trait too, mutie love.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
All I'm thinking is that #2 sees us slinking off into the darkness feeling smug we set someone else to fight our fight for us. And I can't help but feel that's the kind of choice Limpwrist McFaggot would make.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You know it can also mean that your character becomes really sympathetic to mutants and gets a mental taint and one day a commissar catches him dicking/getting dicked by one. Simultaneously. That's a defining character trait too, mutie love.

this isn't that kind of IF.

:( I guess there can be no love on the grimdark frontlines except love for the Emperor.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In that case voting 1 - stay and fight.

It's the Shepard choice.

Our Shepard is do the mission whatever the cost type... And out mission is to get to LG and warn him about =I=. We didn't left for our battle brothers from Steel Legion we sure should not for buch of unlean mutants. Any associaton with them will only damn us... Renember =I= is Psycher.... LG will have some spooks in his enturage too.... He will know.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
hive? huh?
Hive, arena, nest whatever you wanna call it where we just slaughtered that heretic black kitten witch thingy. Just wanted to know whether it holds some kind of importance to the rest of the hold, on the other hand how would Mr. Schäfer know about it anyway. So just drop it. ;)

Dunno if you wanna keep the stats secret until we die, but may I ask about our fellowship/command stats? Should make a huge difference if we suck at this stuff (dunno if you took the whole 'abandon squad in the refinery' into account for example, or whether us chosing for the majority of the squad already was an indicator to these stats).

Our Shepard is do the mission whatever the cost type... And out mission is to get to LG and warn him about =I=. We didn't left for our battle brothers from Steel Legion we sure should not for buch of unlean mutants. Any assosiaton with them will only damn us... Renember =I= is Psycher.... LG will have some spooks in his enturage too.... He will know.
Yeah, well I voted not to abandon our comrades in the first place. And I still hope Shepard will make up for that failure somehow. As Ulminati said, just leaving them to be slaughtered sounds like something our late and unlamented lieutenant would try to do.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm still utterly for sacrificing the mutants eventually. I'm just not about to back down from a good fightan. Plus after we survive this we may be able to acquire a better gun from one of the fallen.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
i'm not really considering these stats for the choices, but if you want an overview of the character it would be something like:
fellowship: medium
command: high

Doesn't really matter if you do, personally I just like to roleplay it out in my head, and some guy who can't even get his guys into a formation doesn't seem to be a great candidate for some leading position. Now I can imagine some heroic outcomes until you update again and crush it so I can realize there is no heroism in the 41th millenium. Only death.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Our Shepard is do the mission whatever the cost type... And out mission is to get to LG and warn him about =I=. We didn't left for our battle brothers from Steel Legion we sure should not for buch of unlean mutants. Any assosiaton with them will only damn us... Renember =I= is Psycher.... LG will have some spooks in his enturage too.... He will know.
Yeah, well I voted not to abandon our comrades in the first place. And I still hope Sheppard will make up for that failure somehow. As Ulminati said, just leaving them to be slaughtered sounds like something our late and unlamented lieutenant would try to do.

And I voted for blaming the Prince, which would allow us to rescue our bros and return to Ship as Heroes. We're Sole Survivor Renegade Shep, people don't like and die around us... Fine. Maybe we're just lucky,maybe soulless blanks, but maybe we're indeed blessed by God Emperor so we should not squander his gifts by commiting Mutie love Heresy. Leftenent died unlamented cause he flipfloped too many times... We should Not falter. More Maiming and Killing in His name would be cool.... so finding a melta,plasma or bolt pistol If we took some Combat perks.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ideal case is we gain a fanatic cult and a shitload of weapons, then kill off the muties piecemeal by making them fight the other inhabitants in the black hold. It's what the Lord Redeemer would do.

Commissar Draco

Patron
And in less Ideal outcome we can get mutated ourself... but I like going Lord Redemer with our Shep... it is very Thorian thing to uplift the lost and damned and grant them Emperor's Benediction. :smug: OK Flippfloping to 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom