Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

lightbane

Arcane
Can you give us any indication on either how important that particular hive is for the whole black hold, and what armaments both sides carry, respectively the numbers of both sides of the fight?

hive? huh?

as for armaments/number : you and the mutants have roughly three times the number of the hullghasts and the mutants do have some good stuff (that they looted from the armoury) like lasrifles and the occasional chainsword. hullghasts do not use weapons but they aren't really human anymore and they're a lot tougher than any mutant. I think they're treated as borderline xenos/warp creatures? In any case, being 3-to-1 against hullghasts still gives them the advantage, not you. Not a big advantage, mind you, but without competent leadership the mutants would lose for sure.

That's enough motivation to help the muties to kill each other. IT's a win-win situation. Also, I call it bullshit hullghasts being dangerous, in a Rogue Trader RPG I played my Explorator single-handely cut to pieces a pair of Hullghasts without suffering harm. But then again, Explorators are quite easy to become walking tanks with the right talents (and Power armor).

Baltika9

Arcane
-By the way, since rootbro's cock-blocking skills are better then Fuklaw's, is this a stormtrooper-grenadier in the making I see?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
oh, this reminds me: should you survive, the rank you had earlier (which the inquisitor alluded to) will be assigned according to the capacity I think you've shown of getting things done, making the right decisions and leading the men.

Adeptus Kitchenus Mk II incoming!

Baltika9

Arcane
oh, this reminds me: should you survive, the rank you had earlier (which the inquisitor alluded to) will be assigned according to the capacity I think you've shown of getting things done, making the right decisions and leading the men.
What was the rank? If you wrote it before, then I don't remember.:oops:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The only thing we're going to be leading is a pack of mutants. Isn't there a regiment for these sort of thing, some sort of Forlorn Hope?

Baltika9

Arcane
I didn't. that's the point ^.^

yes, there's a forlorn hope company.
Seriously, have you been leveling your cockblocking skills? 'Cause I've a feeling that if you have a daughter even textbooks won't be able to flash her.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
In case this is unclear to you, the point root is trying to make is that the rank we will receive depends on the choices we make. Probably something along the lines that the higher the survival rate is, the higher our rank, and stuff like that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Since we're so Crusade-happy, I believe we will be granted the rank of Warmaster! :)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Artists impression of Guardsman Shepard:

aggghhhorkbs8.png

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Riight... Tough choice. 1 can lead to corrupshun, but also can lead to bettah wheaphooons! Really reminds me of the Exterminating Angels' situation with the improvised mobile fortress and stuff on Cadia. That... didn't end well. Therefore I'll vote 2, and implore you to do the same, lest we be corrupted!

Baltika9

Arcane
Storyfag, the exterminating angels were Astartes that lived in a universe where the Emprah died. We're a guardsman, private, that is currently in a black hold. Don't bawse your decisions on them.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So if we survive, we'll somehow get demoted beneath private?

1 Ogryns, ratmen. The Imperium uses mutants. Some hives and such even consist mainly of them(the lower levels and such). If they will fight the enemies of man and if they will bask in the light of the Holy Emperor then they may fight beside us.

As shock troopers, obviously.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
1) Stand and fight the chaos beasts; once they're dead, stand and fight the surviving mutants; once they're dead, continue down the left-hand path. What could be simpler?

Zaan

Novice
1) I wonder if the promise of being reinstated in IG was just involuntary bluff by Shepard or something more.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Well, we did abandon our true bros to further our own agenda, the only reason for leading the bilge rats is if we think it will help us reach our goal. It might do that though, we are a witchbane now, a purger or heretics. Maybe we can be a redeemer too?

Voting 1.

Kayerts

Arcane
Let's pour out a forty for our worthy witchy foe, and stuffies.

On one hand: We promised the mutants a chance to be Imperial Guard, so to make good on it, we should let them die for the Imperium. Our objective matters more than their lives, or even their redemption. Schafer has twice chosen the integrity of his mission over esprit de corps; it'd be weird if he decided to change that here on the Island of Misfit Toys.
On the other hand: It wouldn't be that weird, given how well his previous choices worked out for him. Character development!

My main concern here is that the mutants will either turn on us if we flee, or die too quickly without our leadership to meaningfully slow down the ghasts. If we could be assured that sacrificing them would actually accomplish anything, I'd say do it. As things stand, 1.

kazgar

Arcane
I'm still utterly for sacrificing the mutants eventually. I'm just not about to back down from a good fightan. Plus after we survive this we may be able to acquire a better gun from one of the fallen.

1! we've got a couple of good laspistol shots left in us to start with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom