Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

• Thread starter Generic-Giant-Spider
  • Start date

Poseidon00

Arcane
Mortal Kombat Armageddon had a crude version of this.
And I played the fuck out of that thing. It was the most primitive, mechanics wise, of the 3D trio, but i didn't even care. Character creation in fighting games is wildly underutilized.

Poseidon00

Arcane

Silverfish

Arbiter
play souls calibur 6, sadly the game is kinda crap

The problem is that SC6 only utilizes preset move lists, derived from the main cast (and one or two "guest" styles if memory serves). The secret sauce in MK Armageddon was being able to tailor your fighting style along with your visual aesthetic.

Jason Liang

Arcane
SNK WC summary:

Laggia (Yashiro, Ryo Sakazaki, Sylvie) def M' (Geese, Benimaru, Isla) 3-0, 3-2 in Grand Finals, resetting brackets from Losers. No one could answer the shoto on steroids ^ ^ It was flashbacks of Reynald's Mr. Karate from EVO 2013.

character_ryo.png

More impressive, in the top 8, Laggia took out E.T. (Geese, Isla, Heidern), Score (O. Yashiro, Chizuru, Heidern) and Xiaohai (Geese, Benimaru, Isla) (who was sent to Losers by M'),on his path to the title, so his win is indisputable. He beat the best in the world.

M' vs Xiaohai ~

ryo-shoryuken.gif
ryo-shoryuken.gif
ryo-shoryuken.gif
ryo-shoryuken.gif
ryo-shoryuken.gif

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
It's incredible how ass Preecha actually looks.

Jason Liang

Arcane
It's incredible how ass Preecha actually looks.
If she's the lovechild of Joe and Vanessa though ^ ^ And they did so much work on her animation - watch Maximillian watch the trailer at 50% speed, her hair animation is unreal.

Also reminds me of

lynnthompsong5.jpg

I wonder if we hear about a Dragon Ball FighterZ sequel (I’d presume a “Jump FighterZ,” since there’s really no point doing a direct sequel with just Dragon Ball) this summer?

If Bandai Namco and Arc System Works are planning to do a follow-up, and there’s no reason to think they aren’t given how well it sold, (it hit ten million sales last year...hitting ten million faster than Tekken 7) this summer might be the time we hear about it. There’s been little updates here and there, but the bulk of development work probably ended back at the beginning of 2021 with the release of Super Baby 2 as part of the third DLC Pass. So it’s possible they’ve had a team working on a new game for the last three years. If they have, this summer during the old E3 time would be a good time to reveal it.

Bandai Namco wrapped on Smash Bros. Ultimate in 2021 too with the Sora DLC, at the end of 2021 anyways, so if they’re having that team do a platform fighter for themselves (and given Ultimate’s sales, and that it seems no new Smash game is being worked on, it would be insane if they didn’t) this year or next seems like a time we might hear about whatever the fuck their Smash Bros team is doing. I’d assume some Jump platform fighter, but its not out of the question it’s another Smash Bros. I guess. Although after how well Ultimate did I don’t know why Bandai Namco would make that game for someone else to make most of the money on.

Oh yeah, it was revealed a couple weeks ago this HUNTER×HUNTER NEN×IMPACT game with be a 2D fighting game, and will be playable at EVO Japan next month. The trailer showing three characters on each side, and the game being developed by Marvel vs Capcom 3 co-developer 8ing, has people thinking it’d be a 3v3 tag team fighting game like MVC2 and 3.

Seems like they aren’t finished with the visuals yet. The character portraits on the select screen all have this inky brush outline around them, and the colors have more of a water color look to them...which is stuff not present in-game at the moment that should be achievable even on a smaller budget.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom