Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

• Thread starter Generic-Giant-Spider
  • Start date

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
No one ever gave a shit about Last Blade when these games were relevant. It's pretty but didn't get any traction at all in the competitive scene.

Cause it came out it in 2000 or 2001 unlike these other games, and it came out on Dreamcast

best sprites, character design and moves of all time tho

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I love Last Blade 2, but although i am far from mastering, the game doesn't feel very deep and some characters have 1 button infinite combos in the corners, if I recall correctly.

No one ever gave a shit about Last Blade when these games were relevant. It's pretty but didn't get any traction at all in the competitive scene.

Cause it came out it in 2000 or 2001 unlike these other games, and it came out on Dreamcast

best sprites, character design and moves of all time tho
Last Blade 1 and 2 came out in 1997 and 1998, respectively, for the Neo Geo MVS.

The Last Blade 2 is well regarded, but it’s also niche. It’s not part of some holy trinity of SNK games. In fact Metal Slug 3 would probably be in some trinity of SNK games as opposed to just three fighting games.

The fact SNK is making a new Fatal Fury that’s being branded as a follow-up to Mark of the Wolves as opposed to a Last Blade 4 should tell you where their audience is with regard to those two series.

Some people went digging into the original version of Marvel vs Capcom 3 and found some stuff, like unfinished stages than never made it in, and stuff for Doctor Octopus. Doc Oct was a character they were working on, but had issues with and never made it into either version.

F7EIreJXcAAh_ca

F7EOxt-WEAAmiiy

There is a new version (EN-Eins Perfektewelt Anastasis) that I guess got an arcade release of some type around the end of February this year. Adds a few new characters, and it sounds like it makes some changes to others.

They now have an animation importer for Marvel vs Capcom 3. Which I guess means they’ve got one for MT Framework just in general now. Looks like they’ve been updating modded characters that were originally rejiggered animations from MVC3 with their animations from MVCI and Street Fighter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom