Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lets pick our country for Brigandine!

Which country do we play as?

• New Almekia

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Norgard

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Leonia

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Iscalio

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Caerleon

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Esgares

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
While the poll for which game to pick is still valid and I'll switch if another game overtakes the lead by this weekend, I figure I may as well start the poll for which nation to pick for the game now, so when I'm ready to do the actually playing, we can start right away. So, without further ado, in no particular order:

Ba0001.jpg

Leonia is one of 2 nations with a low level young ruler. It starts off without any territories bordering on Esgares in the middle due to a convenient mountain range. It has a lot of expensive, slow creatures available for summoning right away like giants, rocs, and mandrakes, along with weaker support units like unicorns and fairies. Probably angels as well. Most of the knights are healers or have the potential to become healers rather quickly. Leonia herself is an exceedingly powerful ruler once levelled up, having access to some of the best white magic from the start (which makes levelling fairly quick) and gaining a great deal of runepower (Required to control monsters) and MP as she levels up. But early on she's very, very squishy.
Ba0007.jpg

All the countries start off with 6 domains totalling 797 mana. Except maybe Esgares, I never really bothered paying attention to that. They might get more to offset being surrounded. She gets an average number of knights and monsters, but given her starting position, it's actually a lot. The strongest monster we start out with (Every country gets at least one) is a Phoenix, which is powerful but also somewhat vulnerable due to low intelligence and it's heavy red affinity that ice magic or creatures can take advantage of.
Ba0015.jpg

Awww.

Ba0002.jpg

Norgard is the country of badassery, and probably what you guys will pick I expect. They border Leonia and Almekia along with Esgares. They have access to a lot of strong units like rocs, wyverns, hydras, and giants, along with some of the evil units like hellhounds, ghouls and I think even demons. Their starting powerhouse unit is a white dragon, which can fly, breathe lazor beams, and generally wreck the shit out of most things in a 1v1 scenario.
Ba0008.jpg

Norgard starts with the most knights and a shitton of monsters. Though this can be a bit deceiving, since some countries recruit extra knights right away for plot reasons, and not all monsters are equal (A dragon, for example, is worth about 6 ghouls.)
Ba0016.jpg

Vaynard himself is a powerful melee wrecking machine boasting high defense, though his runepower is average/low for a leader considering his starting level (which is also average). He also gets pretty shitty magic compared to the others, and blue affinity probably isn't the best to have on your leader, since fire is, as is traditional, the most common elemental attack by far.
Ba0003.jpg

New Almekia are the legitimate heirs of the old empire. They start out allied with Caerleon (though we can backstab them like total douchebags right off the start and get ourselves a good 3 pronged war going.) They also start out with some of the better knights in the game; Norgard has quantity, but Almekia has quality, which is a lot more important.
Ba0009.jpg

The one drawback to Almekia is that Esgares tends to pick on them the most right off the bat, and they got some serious weight to throw around. The monsters they have access to early on are some of the best, including dragons, angels, golems, griffins and wyverns. But, they're also some of the most expensive. They also get probably the most powerful of the starting monsters; a Salamander, which is a fully upgraded dragon that can fly, breathe fire for massive damage, and hit like a freight train.
Ba0012.jpg

Lance himself starts out as a total pussy, and unlike Leonia, can't spam holy magic to power level himself. But he's also a contender for the most powerful once he's levelled up,gaining insane rune power and melee ability, along with some decent magic.

Ba0004.jpg

Caerleon is the magic using turtle country. They get a weird mix of mostly weaker/aquatic monsters, including fairies, djinns (they exist!) lizardmen, golems and hydras. I think they might also have access to angels. Oh, and centaurs. Centaurs are pretty awesome actually. They border both Esgares and Iscalio to start, along with allied Almekia who, again, we can backstab for lulz.
Ba0010.jpg

Caerleon starts with few knights, but holy fuck are they strong. Dinadan is a monstrously powerful paladin, and although Merriot starts off as a fairly weak archer, she builds up to be one of the highest rune power knights in the game, and can be very versatile due to having options on which class to enter as we level up.
Ba0013.jpg

Cai himself is also a powerhouse. His runepower is low for a leader, and his melee ability is laughable, but he's the best magic user on the map to begin with, and even if you powergame like a madman with other strong magic using knights, Cai is still a contender in the end. Though the starting monsters are kind of weak, and the strongest unit is a tossup between a stone golem, which is woefully innaccurate, slow, and prone to magic damage, and a couatl, which is a specialized air to air monster.
Ba0005.jpg

Iscalio is the country of dicks, and the other likely candidate I figure codexers might vote for. They start out backed up into a little peninsula, but still manage to border Esgares, Caerleon, and Leonia, all of whom hate their guts. The early game tends to be a bit slow for them, because pushing outward is hard without good strategic chokepoints available right away, and this particular area is a major hotspot for a lot of the best knights and rulers to be stationed, unlike many other borders.
Ba0006.jpg

Iscalio starts with a mix of good and shitty knights, though one in particular is very impressive. For monsters they have access to most of the evil shit: ghouls, hellhounds, demons, lizardfolk, etc. And not so much the healing/support units like unicorns or angels. The knights follow suit for the most part, though they do start out with a decent cleric iirc.
Ba0014.jpg

Dryst himself, aside from being a total douche, is one of the strongest rulers on the map to begin with, and remains so at the end of the game, though his rune power and casting ability are kind of average, he's rather scary in melee. Also, he gets the second best monster in the game to start, a Bahamut, a non elemental dragon almost on par with the Salamander, though it'd probably lose in a one on one fight and is a little less abusable without the fire element to dish out extra damage on blue targets, it still makes for a brutal one two punch paired up with Dryst.
Ba0011.jpg

Lastly, we could also start out as Esgares, which isn't a default option like the others and can only be played using an in game code at the country selection screen. They aren't exactly imbalanced though- they border nearly everybody right off the bat, which balances out the fact that they start off with arguably the best set of knights, ruler and monsters. I wouldn't recommend this one though, since they don't have a fleshed out storyline like the others, though they do get some unique tidbits. I think they might be a full proper country in the rereleased japanese version which includes multiplayer and an extended endgame, but alas, that thing is not and likely never will be translated, and my moonspeak-fu is not up to the task. I'm only including the option here for the sake of completeness, and won't play them unless they win the vote overwhelmingly.

Once again, feel free to vote for multiple nations in case you don't have a favourite but merely a least favourite.

lightbane

Arcane
Ba0014.jpg

Definitively THIS. I vote for Iscalio. Why is that a choice? /Kefka.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Really codex? Going for the guy dressed like a clown with an oversized scythe for a weapon, over the noble aryan ubermensch in the north? I am very dissapoint.

Archaeon

Scholar
Norgard would be the obvious choice, but ISCALIO is too inane not to chose! :mhd:

so...uh... I guess you might as well start the LP now as Iscalio has over 95% and will probably only gain more from now on :D

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Am I the only one who voted for every country, wanting to see every last bit of this remarkable game?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Selfish, self-righteoush, caring only about power, not giving a damn about virtue, and in control of demonfolk? Sounds more like a male counterpart to Black Cat than Andhaira, actually.

spekkio

Arcane
I'm with my BROs Azira and Smashing Majestic Axe.

:bro:

Go, noble Aryans from Norgard!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Iscalio. It has ghouls! And hellhounds! And demons! You get the idea.

Norgard also has these. Plus it doesn't have a schizophrenic clown as a leader.

Selfish, self-righteoush, caring only about power, not giving a damn about virtue, and in control of demonfolk? Sounds more like a male counterpart to Black Cat than Andhaira, actually.

Is a male counterpart of Black Cat a good thing? :M
To me he seems slightly schizophrenic and wholly inane, that just reads Andhaira to me. M:

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
I wanted to vote for Esgares, but since you said that you wouldn't recommend them, I vote for Norgard

Archaeon

Scholar
Well, uh, at the time of me writing the post it WAS 95% , and now it's still 15-8 so it's clear who wins. :D

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You guys disappoint me. We already have an Andhaira clone in the Fall from Heaven 2 LP. Why do you hate the Aryan people? What did they ever do to you? :(

lightbane

Arcane
You have to load the game not as an iso image but as a CD, burn it or use Daemontools and mount a virtual drive. Also, try a different emulator, epsxe doesn't work well with this one. PsX and PsxEven do work for me.

Archaeon

Scholar
You guys disappoint me. We already have an Andhaira clone in the Fall from Heaven 2 LP. Why do you hate the Aryan people? What did they ever do to you? :(
The Fall from Heaven 2 LP is dead, and by the way if you hadn't been paying attention Andhaira is LONG gone as a character from that LP.... :))) FAIL!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom