Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play ADOM

Higher Game

Arcane
Large spiders aren't rare at all. Just scum the big room and you'll eventually find a dark elven summoner who will make you 30+ of those things. :lol:

Castanova

Prophet
Beat the first quest, now trying go down past the Forest/DHalls. I've also got: seven league boots, amulet of free action, ring of the clear mind, and a ring of fire. Thank you, shop-dude in Dwarftown!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Seven league boots? Niccce. My gray elven wizard is just past the Arena and already has two fireproof blankets :) Also, the RNG decided to give me 7 wands of door creation, I wonder whether I can somehow creatively use them.

Relien

Scholar
I believe either casting spells or regenerating PP trains mana, and learning from books could train learning (although I'm completely unsure about the latter).

Solohk

Scholar
So my most successful and favorite character just got absolutely annihilated by a swamp hydra on the way to The Caverns of Chaos. Scute the gnome wizard had so many fun spells, teleport control, tons of resistances... :salute:

Anyway, I have once again noticed in my death screen that I lost a ton of willpower. This has happened with quite a few of my characters. Any ideas?

Scute.png

Edit:
Eating Keethrax's corpse perhaps?

Zomg

Arbiter
Luck helps a good bit. Like, for example, the equipment destruction you get from kicking down some trapped doors becomes really, really rare if you get both the luck intrinsics from sacrificing to your god.

Elwro

Arcane
@Solohk: Did you learn Healing from Kranf Niest, perhaps? Though it'd drain Learning too, I think.
Or maybe some undead hit you?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Fuck, trying to go through the SMC after attempting to save the puppy (no luck so far, always just a corpse when I get to it, why God why?) was a really bad idea, got destroyed by a clawbug that just tore me to pieces. Oh well, time for a new character.

Solohk

Scholar
Elwro said:
@Solohk: Did you learn Healing from Kranf Niest, perhaps? Though it'd drain Learning too, I think.
Or maybe some undead hit you?
No, I don't play chaotic characters much so I've always been able to get healing from Jharod if I need it.

garren said:
Solohk said:
Eating Keethrax's corpse perhaps?
Don't eat it, give it to the druid that gave you the quest to kill him, you'll get goodies.

Ahh indeed he does.

While we're on the subject of Keethrax, is it worth wearing the Black Torc? It has some nice bonuses, but judging from the message the game gives you when you put it on, it may not be worth it.

Elwro

Arcane
With my current character I got an altar one level above Keethrax. I decided it was best to sacrifice the torc, as saccing artifacts seems to please the gods which is really valuable for new, faggy Wizard characters.

Otherwise, it's a perfect gift for the cloaked ratling.

MisterStone

Arcane
Hey, I know, lets have a challenge to see who can get a gnome farmer through the game as far as possible. Me first...

dragonfk

Erudite
I lost my gnome wizard lvl18 yesterday in animated forest(or whatever it is called). Darn tree had 2 critics in a row, each for 50 hp...I forgot to mention that i just wanted to burn my way through. And I made it, bu then again in a return journey i was killed( its stupid that they were reproducing so far, about 5 times I almost cleared them out and bang they are all over me again). Shame.

Higher Game

Arcane
MisterStone said:
Hey, I know, lets have a challenge to see who can get a gnome farmer through the game as far as possible. Me first...

I'm going to try this sometime, actually, because they level so quickly. Throw in the month of the sword for even more fun. :twisted:

Higher Game

Arcane
dragonfk said:
I lost my gnome wizard lvl18 yesterday in animated forest(or whatever it is called). Darn tree had 2 critics in a row, each for 50 hp...I forgot to mention that i just wanted to burn my way through. And I made it, bu then again in a return journey i was killed( its stupid that they were reproducing so far, about 5 times I almost cleared them out and bang they are all over me again). Shame.

If you're going to genocide some trees, the best way is getting loads of perception (and farsight spell if I remember correctly), because they cannot reproduce within your line of sight. Carrot rooms are the best for this. Infinite dungeon scumming for mages is very nice for the perception and learning (the -1 str +1 lrn event), in addition to spellbooks. Fire only makes them all angry, so I wouldn't recommend it. The best way is luring up the banshee. ;)

Were you on coward tactics? That helps a ton. 100 hit points also seems low for a level 18. Did you use morgia roots?

uhjghvt

Scholar
is there a manual for this game somewhere, I looked around adom.de and every link to a FAQ or strategy guide was either 404 or a cybersquatter

Elwro

Arcane
My wizard, Andhaira, just died to a fire vortex on the 2nd level of the dwarven halls :-( I suppose I should've zapped my wand of teleportation the second I saw him 2 squares away from me. Damn. I already had 2 fire resistances, 2 fireproof blankets, 2 potions of cure corruption...

On to a gnomish farmer, then.

abstract

Scholar
MisterStone said:

I beat the game with a hurthling farmer, it was actually surprisingly easy

Elwro

Arcane
One guy at the adompl discussion board killed the Chaos God with a hurthling healer :D

With such characters, I always have troubles with going to the pyramid. I don't want to skip it, but I'm still a wuss at level 16. Still, maybe it's good to skip it, I just got used to the ankh :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom