Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play - BGT with a Codex Crew

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Darth Slaughter said:
ghostdog said:
I prefer installing the mods myself (for some reason). You can safely install the following stuff (in the same order of course) for a BGT game:

No big story mods included of course. Terrible creatures.

Hmm, there's a new version of ascension, in which tehre's a component incompatible with BGT, unless you install it before BGT.

Is this ascension 1.41 better, or just the same?

I don't know, but I don't think that there are any major changes there. Check the readmes to be sure.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I assume we're going to be playing on highest difficulty to offset the obscne amount of 18's in our attributes?

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ulminati said:
I assume we're going to be playing on highest difficulty to offset the obscne amount of 18's in our attributes?

18's barely do anything in ToB. Everyone's too high level to miss and there's plenty of magic items that fill in holes in the attributes by that point.

taplonaplo

Scholar
The title is missing an L and the letters are in the wrong order.
Anyway, looking forward to it. You put shitloads of contents mod in so i'm curious how those will play out if you ever get there.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Lets make bets on how far this brave soul will manage!

I bet 500 posts that he'll never even complete BG1.

Morkar Left

Don´t be a pussy and do it ironman ^^ so you have an excuse for not completing it...

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
BethesdaLove said:
Lets make bets on how far this brave soul will manage!

I bet 500 posts that he'll never even complete BG1.

You're on bitch.

Morkar said:
Don´t be a pussy and do it ironman ^^ so you have an excuse for not completing it...

The problem is this is not a generic BG setup. SCS and other mods make the game a little bit harder than the generic game. This still would not be a huge problem but the surprise factor of the added mods would probably ensure at least a few deaths.

Morkar Left

oldmanpaco said:
The problem is this is not a generic BG setup. SCS and other mods make the game a little bit harder than the generic game. This still would not be a huge problem but the surprise factor of the added mods would probably ensure at least a few deaths.

Just grind a bit at the beginning. It´s a while but I think ressurection was available in BG1. And I don´t know but playing in multiplayer you can just create new chars to fill the empty ranks? We could bet who dies next...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Iron Man is the only way to go. you already have more than 5 voulenteers, so replacements are available.

So long as the main character doesn't die, any party member that isn't ressurected could easily be replaced by another schmuck from the pile. Say, at the level of the lowest-level party member -1, just so they won't be completely useless later on.

taplonaplo

Scholar
Ironman-ish would more enjoyable for us readers. Ofc main character death is a reason to load, but otherwise characters dying left and right is probably the best part of codex crews.
But do however you like it, SCS screwed me over before so i can see why you wouldn't want to iron man.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah! Nice LP!

If I can get in, I'd like this character:

Feng-Grunker

fengL.jpg
Large portrait

fengS.jpg
Small portrait

Race: Dwarf

Class: Cleric of Helm (or, if you prefer, Fighter Dual-Classing into Cleric or even Fighter/Cleric)

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Stats:

STR: 10

DEX: 16

CON: 20

WIS: 18

INT: 11

CHA: 10

Also, chiming in with the chorus:

Either original party members for a more lulzy playthrough, or iron-man for the five other members, so the members of the prestigious magazine will all get a shot a the villains + the great benefit of playing with a lot of different party styles!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
When I say no iron man I am referring to Paco dying. I could care less how many meat shields... er Codexers die.

Cassidy

Arcane
Cassidy is representin' his hood mothafucka

Portrait: Whichever token black guy is available

Race: Ni... Human

Class: Machete Ra, Barbarian.

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Stats:

STR: 18

DEX: 14

CON: 20

WIS: 3

INT: 3

CHA: 3

taplonaplo

Scholar
In that, i'm signing in for the slaughter house
taplonaplo, half-elf fighter/mage, chaotic neutral
stats: dump/min all
Death by a pack of rabid gibberlings would be preferable, but any encounter will do really.

Wulfstand

Prophet
I wanted to join the group, but then I saw I'd have to have a fucking transsexual in the party.

Nevermind, just add me as soon as the faggot dies:

Wulfstand

Dwarven Fighter, kicking ass, drinking ale, and has scottish accent and a great sense of humor.

STR 18/80 (or whatever, don't want to make you roll the fucking dice for that 80)
DEX 12
CON 16
WIS 10
INT 12
CHA 15

Since he's basically the fucking awesome liked by all dwarf, he needs that bit of CHA for his witty sense of humour.
Give him that BG 1 dwarf portrait, the one who looks as if he's thinking (i forgot how he was called, didn't really play BG 1 that much, as opposed to its sequel :oops: )
edit:
GENDWRFM.jpg

Fuck yeah.

Nickless

Educated
We've no idea if he's larping this or not though, so there may or may not be a point to fleshing out the personality of PCs

Wulfstand

Prophet
What do you mean, larping? Fuck me, I just described one of the most stereotypical (and personally most enjoyed) types of dwarves in the history of rpgs and that counts as larping? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom