Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Georgian Police

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
That was fun. :love:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Brother None said:
Sceptic said:
I can't imagine it being more than one million dollars (probably much less)

A million? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

I wasn't seriously criticizing. I'll mock Georgia to high heaven but heck, you could do worse. Still, if you got a low budget, why make a fake mainstream title? This I never get. But it always happens. Eh.
It's not a fake mainstream title. It is a mainstream title. And why? Because it's a good way to make living.
In Poland there are a few companies that make tons of games like these and then sell them in press stores for about 2,5 Euro. Basically, they are very cheap games for mass market.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
GarfunkeL said:
Oh boy, that was comical.
Hey, I work with the tools I am given.

Gondolin said:
Irakli wouldn't be the Georgian version of Heracles by any chance, would it?
I don't know, but when I saw the name it did have a Greek ring to it.

Brother None said:
A million? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.
I don't know, I just made up the number. It could be twice that, or half, or less even. But I am sure it was MUCH less than a mainstream title.

I wasn't seriously criticizing. I'll mock Georgia to high heaven but heck, you could do worse. Still, if you got a low budget, why make a fake mainstream title?
I have to admit only part of me was being sarcastic when I listed the game as having everything a modern AAA FPS has; the more I listed, the more I became aware that it really DOES have the exact same IDENTICAL gameplay. Regenerating health? they ALL have it. Unlimited ammo? OK, so maybe in Medal of Honor you had to do an extra click to magically refill your ammo, but gameplay wise there was zero difference. Abundance of cutscenes? they all have this. Weapons being confiscared between levels? MOH did it, both MW do it. Linear corridors? Black Ops practically plays itself FFS. Invisible walls? no comment. Game crashes when alt-tabbing? Bioshock had some weird issues with alt-tab too. Hitscan guns? hah! Really, every single flaw in this game, no exception, is there in at least one 10/10 GOTY modern FPS. Police may do it a bit worse, but the only thing that's noticeably not-next-gen is graphics. Though... hell, even the modern games recycle and reuse assets all the time! So what if the same model is used for one hostage in each building; DA2 reused entire AREA MAPS; and even years ago Quake 4 copypasted entire sections of levels multiple times, over and over and over again. And whatever the COD clones do right, Police also does right: it may have seemed I was mocking the gunplay, ironsights, recoil and so on, but really it's all there, and it all works pretty well, or at least exactly like in any other modern FPS. As a non-graphic-whore the low-res models didn't really bother me (well, the "looking out the window" bit was funny) so... I ended up feeling exactly as if I was playing the latest COD clone with the wrong language installed and graphics turned to low. And this is when you realize exactly what is wrong with the modern FPS. The ONLY thing missing is a minigame or ten. It's kinda sad really.

tl;dr the game is an interesting statement about the state of the FPS.

Awor Szurkrarz said:
It's not a fake mainstream title. It is a mainstream title. And why? Because it's a good way to make living.
Keep in mind this is a free download (forgot to mention this maybe), and by "free" I don't mean some stupid joke about TPB or whatnot. It really is a pure marketing (or propaganda, depending on how you look at it) tool. Of course some people got paid to make it, but the game itself will not be generating a single penny.

Fowyr said:
That was fun.
Glad you liked it :love:

lightbane

Arcane
That was shorter than expected, but still cool :love:

Yes, there's something wrong with the game industry when an "obscure" freeware FPS game plays EXACTLY, the same flaws included, as the supposed "epic" AAA games of nowadays.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
:thumbsup:

Perfect LP of a top tier game!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom