Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's play ironman Rogue Survivor

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I dunno if you can recruit soldiers, but I think they (policemen for sure) get bonus traits just for being who they are. Day 0 police with like 4 traits are a bitch when you're a poor zombie trying to nom some brains. Also, that bitch with the katana. I should have let her kill me just so I could reincarnate as her.

Char guards also don't need food. Obviously you can't recruit them however. Dunno about soldiers. Also, if you can get your hands on some army body armor, that shit is good. I ran around like a jackass with my combat knife when I reincarnated as one and it took me forever to die.

Phelot

Arcane
Awesome updates. Was actually really thrilling like a good movie :lol:

Anyway, I would say you should try and meet up with the soldiers at this point and rest. Then, rearm and pray (bitch) that you cleared most of the zombies from the basement.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Hah! i called it. This is why RS is a simulation.
But I wanted to get rid of the infection and ventured to the CHAR side of the town... One shot and I was dead from full health. FFFUUUUUU!
yup

I bet you cant lead without being military yourself like with cops.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It is simply impossible to survive against some of the "special encounters". Is there reliable way to get heavy ammunition?

Edit: Bah. Shotguns are still the best. Army pistol is good, but not as good.

What happens when you visit a sector you hadn't visited after 20,000 turns?

roguesurvivor2.png

Overall, I am pretty impressed. This is probably the best representation of the zombie apocalypse out of any of the other indie zombie games in development.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
There is a a graphics package called genesis something or other that I download which improves the graphics (WHOOOOORE) quite a bit. I think the same guy also provides a modified rules set, but I just got the graphics package.

Phelot

Arcane
The anticipation is killing me! I need an update! PRAY BITCH

pipka

Savant

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
There is a a graphics package called genesis something or other that I download which improves the graphics (WHOOOOORE) quite a bit. I think the same guy also provides a modified rules set, but I just got the graphics package.
Which version of RS are you playing? Cuz Genesis is for alpha6. If you're on alpha8, how does it behave?

Links to graphics mods: http://roguesurvivor.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=gmods

I'm playing version 8 and I'm only using the graphics package, and the new graphics work great.

I actually had no idea the modified rules were for version 6 only, I didn't want to try the new rules.

Multi-headed Cow

Sorry about not updating in a few days. CK2 kinda grabbed me.
And the winning vote is head east and hope for protection while sleeping from the soldiers!
Before leaving the office building Cherie scoops up enough boards to barricade a door and heads for the exit.

C47EEF8EB49813DFC5C69A459A50A273BE4636AA

Hi! Cherie steps back in to the hallway so the skeletons are forced to come at her one at a time, and begins bashing them with her shotgun to conserve ammo. She smashes the skeletons that saw her with no issue.
Outside, a man named Val Gates smashes apart a red eyed skeleton with a shovel and runs off.

B588F112675A6E0025474A415D443C2ABCB91667

The soldiers! All at full health and with a good amount of ammo each. Cherie intends to follow them, but keeps her distance from the cop. The cop stared at Cherie hard for a moment, but didn't do anything. Things seemed to be going fine until:

OcQjC.jpg

DAMNATION. Apparently getting that one good look gives him a memory roll, since he figured Cherie out outside of LOS. Cherie readies her shotgun and hopes this counts as self defense and doesn't piss off the soldiers.
The cop's companion Frank Norton rushes at Cherie with a golf club. First round of combat, Cherie shoots Frank for 17 damage, Frank clubs Cherie for 9 damage, Cop Axel advances since he doesn't have a clear shot past Frank.
Second round of combat, Cherie shoots Frank for 16 damage, Frank clubs Cherie for 9, Axel advances.
Third round of combat, Cherie heals with the medkit, bringing herself to 26HP.

46EA5E4DB31C08EFDEB070C64CCE2231DA380A2F

Fourth round of combat, Cherie misses, Frank clubs Cherie for 10 damage, Axel is in melee range. Cherie is too slow due to lack of sleep to be able to outrun two well rested humans, but SHE'LL BE DAMNED IF SHE'S GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT.
Fifth round of combat, Cherie misses, and is killed.

UCeBG.jpg

Well, apparently she is going down without much of a fight.

Here are some amusing snippets from her grave file.

> KILLS
2 women.
15 skeletons.
5 shamblers.
11 zombie rats.
2 policemen.
2 zombiefied women.
4 zombified men.
2 red-eyed skeletons.
5 zombie masters.
4 CHAR guards.
1 dark-eyed shamber.
5 dark shamblers.
7 red skeletons.
5 zombie princes.
She committed 7 murders!

> FUN FACTS!
While Cherie Brown has died, others are still having fun!
- Oldest Livings Surviving
1st day 0 hour 00 - (YOU) Cherie Brown, a woman - Business District@B4.
2nd day 5 hour 12 - Maria Finch, a woman - Business District@B4.
- Oldest Undeads Rotting Around
1st day 0 hour 00 - skeleton490, a red skeleton - CHAR Underground Facility @1-4.
2nd day 0 hour 00 - skeleton492, a red skeleton - CHAR Underground Facility @1-4.
- Deadliest Livings Kicking ass
1st 71 - (YOU) Cherie Brown, a woman - Business District@B4.
2nd 11 - Cop Guy Washington, a policeman - Business District@B4.
- Deadliest Undeads Chewing Brains
1st 3 - shambler21, a dark shambler - Business District@B4.
2nd 2 - shambler299, a dark shambler - CHAR Underground Facility @1-4.
- Most Murderous Murderer Murdering
1st 7 - (YOU) Cherie Brown, a woman - Business District@B4.

POINTLESS AND MILDLY INTERESTING STATISTICS:
IMGUR says the first IMGUR image used (The map of the city) was viewed 272 times, using up 18.4 megs of bandwidth.
The LP was approximately 12,800 words long.
The LP was made up of 115 Steam screenshots, and an unknown amount of IMGUR pictures.

Well, that's the end of the line bros since Cherie was the one reincarnation available. I guess it's fitting that Cherie was finally brought to justice, but I honestly didn't expect that encounter to go that bad that fast. Fucking golf clubs, how do they work? Hope everyone got a kick out of the adventure, though I'm bummed Cherie didn't get to turn on all the generators.

Not sure if/when I'll do another LP or what it'll be. Maybe Rogue Survivor again when alpha 9 is released, or maybe an ironman first run of Legend of Grimrock. Probably end up dead on dungeon level 1 so it'd be short at least. Probably will just be lazy and not start one up though.

Multi-headed Cow

Also bros, how do I go about changing that "In-progress" to "Completed"? Tried editing my first post and didn't see the option anywhere.

Lindblum

Augur
Bravo! For your effort.

I though she would die a much more horrifying death.

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
Escaping multiple princes while being bottlenecked all around is OK but a dude with a golf club.... Looks like a death to end the LP. M:

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah... Probably should've tried running the split second the cop shouted. Even at "Sleepy" speed I might've been able to get away at that point. Just really didn't expect a golf club to hurt that bad. Dunno why, since other humans are always the biggest danger in RS.

I DONE FUCKED UP

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Humans are the worst. I mean, I managed to clear out the CHAR HQ, spent leisurely month there sleeping and eating... and when you get out the survivors have level scaled to your level.

Not to mention those guys.

Phelot

Arcane
Oh man... What an ending :lol: Well, it would be funny to make a movie like this, this huge massive fight and escape from zombies only to be killed by some cop with a golf club.

:salute:

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
:bounce: you most renew the struggle against the (undead) flesh-eaters!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom