Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Jagged Alliance! (COMPLETED)

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I've never seen the endgame before. Get those fuckers!

chzr

Erudite
Day 19

ja000.png

So here we are, the last day on Metavira.

Because it's final day and thus last update, I'll post here more screens so it'll be little more detailed. Also, it took me quite a lot of tries before I figured what's this one about, I'll explain how things work later.

First, here is equipment of all mercs.
ja001u.png

ja002.png

ja003.png

ja004.png

ja005.png

ja006.png

As you can see, i have a lot of explosives, Scully and Ivan have max. possible protection.

ja007.png

Here's the last view of Metavira map. Enjoy ^^

ja008f.png

And here's Santino's base. There are 3-4 possible ways to get to the base. First 2 ways are about crossing S or E bridge and shoot you way through. It's possible, but quite dangerous because of course, enemy mercs are well equipped and skilled. Also, until you get to Santino, enemies keep respawning, so they'll be running into you all the time.

The other possible ways are along the walls. The NE path needs to blow one bush, but you'll have slightly worse cover and quite nasty hidden enemies with little chance not to get at least hit (worse, wounded or killed). Well, considering you care about what will happen to your mercs of course, if you don't you can use meatshields as you wish.

The SW path requires more explosives, but offers quite a good cover. Since I went this path (after few tries from east), it will have my full attention.

ja009.png

I put mercs to safe distance and went to blow that bush.

ja010o.png

ja011.png

This turd actually tried to cross the water and started drowning.

ja013.png

First bush down.

ja014q.png

I p. much ignored that drowning guy... for now.

ja019.png

This one was was a threat, however.

ja021.png

Next bush down.

ja026.png

And this should be the last one.

ja028.png

That's what i was talking about. I have excellent cover while enemies have to flounder through that water.

ja032.png

Oh, so this is the last. And hitting that guy just by the way.

ja035u.png

Again, another enemy totally exposed while my mercs are still heavy covered

ja037h.png

ja040.png

I even think that he died because he lost all stamina, not because i killed him

ja044.png

Now this was getting more tricky, because enemy now had similar cover like me, so I used everything to drain their stamina.

ja047.png

Advancing and stunning another guy.

ja051.png

Again, point of this grenade isn't to wound them, but to knock them down. (there's another guy on the right covered by the blast.)

ja062.png

ja064.png

ja065.png

While I kept enemies pinned down with grenades, i planted an explosive on the wall.

ja067.png

ja068.png

ja069.png

ja070.png

ja073.png

The explosive wasn't necessary, but first i tried to blow up walls on the left to get to Santino. The problem was, as enemies are respawning, there are doors on the left (one from upper building and one from lower) and every single turn there came a new enemy, so i got stuck. Because I spend my whole turn killing enemy and next turn there was another.

ja086a.png

So after realizing that I could killing respawning enemies all day (without going kamikaze with some merc), I went straight through the front door.

ja087.png

ja088.png

Now good thing was, that when i was in that buildings, enemies didn't respawn there (though they were probably in the other building).

ja096.png

Now it's probably time to explain what's the 'objective' of this sector.

In the upper left building is Santino, that will blow himself up as soon as you spot him. There's no way to prevent it (he's invincible). Next to him is the sapling that will blow few turns later, so you have to be fast enough to get it (if you care about it, i don't think it's needed to complete the game). However, there are randomly exploding bombs in the building.

ja100.png

I blew up that wall because i was actually thinking (didn't remember it well), that you have to leave the sector afterwards, I also didn't remember how many bombs will blow.

ja101.png

ja102.png

I put there the second screenshot just to show the leet face expression.

ja103.png

ja104.png

Yea, we didn't have much time to chit-chat.

And here is some cinematic experience (sup bioware?)
ja105.png

ja106.png

ja108.png

ja109.png

ja116.png

ja117.png

ja118.png

ja119.png

ja120.png

ja121.png

ja125.png

ja126.png

And 'victory' lines of our squad...
ja130.png

ja131.png

ja132.png

ja133.png

ja134.png

ja135.png

And Brenda...
ja136.png

ja137.png

ja138.png

ja139.png

ja140.png

ja141.png

ja142.png

ja143d.png

ja144.png

ja145.png

ja146.png

ja147.png

ja148.png

ja149.png

ja150.png

ja151f.png

ja152.png

And rating...
dosbox000.png

So that was it, I hope you enjoyed it.
:love:

edit: fuck off grammar nazis. i know there are mistakes but i'm too lazy to correct them.

lightbane

Arcane
Bravo, *claps* :salute: :salute: :salute: :thumbsup: :love:

Now that you're done, would you kindly explain some details that I would like to know? Like which types of weapon mods are there in the game, I never finished it.

chzr

Erudite
lightbane said:
Now that you're done, would you kindly explain some details that I would like to know? Like which types of weapon mods are there in the game, I never finished it.

You can 'modify' weapon with chunk of steel (changes the look of the weapon). This is permanent and there is no way to revert it (and no need), every weapon except .38 s&w (the basic revolver) and shotgun (the other rifle i used about 1 time) can be modified.

the 'attachable' mods are silencer and scope (not every weapon can use everything and sometimes weap. must be modified to be able to use it).

Fomorian

Novice
Spectacular performance. I didn't even know you could beat the game that quickly. :salute:

chzr

Erudite
Cassidy said:
:salute:

Also, if TFTD remains dead for long enough, feel free "hijack" it.

Well i'm thinking about one more LP for moments when i have enough Spellcross and can't hit a thing in 1.6, but meh, i might actually finally LP an RPG.

also, thanks to everyone ^^ :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom