Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play: Rage of Mages 2 (The End)

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
rom1838.jpg

Destination.

rom1839.jpg

rom1840.jpg

rom1841.jpg

rom1842.jpg

Sir Clueless doesn't trust any treehuggers (and rightly so)

rom1843.jpg

A blue ogre is the first thing that greets us.

rom1844.jpg

It dropped this pretty neat hat that we give to Dina.

rom1846.jpg

Going further up the road, we encounter sum zombies.

rom1847.jpg

But they have company.

rom1848.jpg

Hint: Igles died after taking the previous screenshot.

rom1849.jpg

Killing with fire is always a viable option.

rom1850.jpg

The negrodancer is trying to kill Igles with the hippy ray of faggotry

rom1851.jpg

And succeeds at that, too...

rom1852.jpg

But another try leaves the bastards dead. One of them dropped this neat short sword.

rom1853.jpg

MMMMOOOOAAAAAAR

rom1854.jpg

Oh, lovely. A lich.

rom1855.jpg

We'll get back here later...

rom1856.jpg

Prior to this screenshot, Kingcomrad was whacked to death by a blue ogre's club.

rom1858.jpg

Guess I'll explore the rest of the grassy area on the other side of the hills, maybe we'll find something relevant.

rom1859.jpg

Yeah... a bunch of level 3 trolls. But they're all neutral.

rom1860.jpg

Well, lookie here. Master Treehugger himself.

rom1861.jpg

elf.jpg
Don't waste my time, human. I have nothing to discuss with you, nor with any other man.

igles3.jpg
But my business is very important and it concerns every inhabitant of this Allod! Why don't you want to hear me?

elf.jpg
For as long as I remember, humans never did anything important for the elves. Our races have different paths which never cross.

Sigh. Sometimes I wish you could just go on a rampage in this game.

We approach the wanker with KC

kc3.jpg
I am happy to meet you, wise elf! I dare to request your attention in spite of the known lack of friendship between humans and elves. I am a resident of Uimoir, and I'm here at the request of... more accurately, on a mission from the great mage Skrakan. The same one who destroyed the demon together with the elf Rood Glaen

elf.jpg
I know who Rood Glaen and Skrakan are, and I know their story well. However, it was a special case, as the Demon threatened the whole world!

kc3.jpg
I will not try to convince you that I am informed of all the thoughts of Great Skrakan. However, I believe that the situation is no less complicated now. Please trust me!

elf.jpg
Perhaps Skrakan is right... however, I have another problem right now. You were right when you mentioned that the elves have little interest in humans. But it wasn't always this way, and there were people who served us well. They are long dead, and their bodies are buried in an ancient cemetery in the northern part of this forest. Some time ago, the necromancers came and defiled their graves. I cannot think or talk of anything else until this outrage is stopped!

What the hell. That guy probably has superpowers himself, not to mention the SIX LEVEL THREE TROLLS WITH HIM, and he needs some three random blokes to take care of undead forces in his neighbourhood? Eh...?

Whatev.

rom1878.jpg

Exploring the forest further, we find these cocks.

rom1879.jpg

rom1880.jpg

Neat. Now the wild animals won't attack us. But it's not really that useful, since we pretty much killed off almost all of them by this point...

Oh well.

rom1881.jpg

But we get three squirrels as bodyguards!!!11

rom1882.jpg

The bridge leading to the cemetery.

rom1883.jpg

I didn't throw that firewall.

rom1884.jpg

Some fireballs take the negrodancer out while Igles chops up the zombies.

rom1885.jpg

In the woods beyond the bridge we find this lovely art deco. It's good that the druids are all peaceloving hippies, eh?

rom1886.jpg

The cemetery grounds.

rom1887.jpg

Again, this firewall is not mine!

rom1888.jpg

The one placed on the edge of the screen is, though.

After a polite exchange of opinions, the undead are all dead, and we're free to go back to the elf.

BUT! We have unfinished business.

rom1889.jpg

RRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

rom1890.jpg

Here we shall make our stand.

rom1891.jpg

rom1892.jpg

Fucking lich and its fucking prismatic spray.

rom1893.jpg

rom1894.jpg

rom1895.jpg

rom1896.jpg

rom1897.jpg

Ta-da!

Now we can return to the elf.

rom1898.jpg

elf.jpg
This is good news indeed. We may have been wrong by rejecting assistance from other races. What is it you want, human?

kc3.jpg
My friends and I must find and bring together the three stars. Their fall was the omen of disaster, but there is hope that we can avert it by bringing all the stars together.

elf.jpg
Really? You did a good job with the necromancers, but isn't the reward you want too big for yourself?

kc3.jpg
I need the star not as reward, and certainly not for myself. If you're indeed as wise as elves are rumoured to be, you should understand this.

elf.jpg
Don't get excited, human. Even elves make mistakes, too... However, your sincerity convinced me. Let the fallen star of the Ancient Woods go into worthy hands.

rom1905.jpg

Yay.

We now have two parts of the superepic crown of Yases.

Also, some new quests and people and shit are available in towns:

rom1906.jpg

Meet the troll henchman. He's quite possibly THE best henchman you can get in-game. Not only does he have a fuckload of health and defence, but he can also pack a punch. Perfect for all-around tanking purposes.

rom1907.jpg

rom1908.jpg

Ginsush has stuff to say.

rom1909.jpg

rom1910.jpg

rom1911.jpg

Intriguing.

rom1912.jpg

ZZ Top druid is also back.

rom1913.jpg

Indeed, we can now buy elven stuff in the druid shoppe

rom1914.jpg

While the swords are all inferior to their human counterparts from Kaarg in terms of damage, they usually have more, better and more rare enchantments on them. There are also magic mage clothes that are pretty much superior to the ones from Kaarg in every way, including defence.

They're all really fucking expensive, too.

rom1915.jpg

Rape pills.

rom1916.jpg

Back to Kaarg

rom1917.jpg

rom1918.jpg

rom1919.jpg

Interesting.

rom1920.jpg

rom1921.jpg

And then, there's the inn.

rom1922.jpg

igles3.jpg
What happened to you, warrior? You look like you've been in a fierce battle... and your face looks familiar. Aren't you from that regiment that rebelled against the necromancers?

warrior.jpg
Aye. It wasn't a battle though, it was a slaughter! Our regiment has been destroyed, and I'm the only survivor! We were just plain warriors and we couldn't resist the battle magic cast down upon us... our swords were useless! It was a miracle that saved me that day. I was wounded, but managed to crawl into some bushes and stay unnoticed. The enemies walked around, almost stepping on my fingers. I spent many horrible hours there. I found out why our regiment was doomed by listening to their conversations. It turned out that the necromancers have a secret battle mage training ground far up in the mountains. They are almost invulnerable to normal weapons. The only way to defeat them is to use the same magic as they use. I only wish we had a skilled mage with us that day...

igles3.jpg
A skilled mage will be with me when I come to avenge your comrades! Show me the way to this camp!

Funny thing. If your main character is a warrior, this beaten up guy here is replaced by a beaten up woman mage who's some friend of Dina's iirc, and she says that the necromancers have a training ground for 'mage hunter warriors', and instead of a quest full of enemy mages, you get a quest full of enemy warriors. C&C, bitches! Rage of Mages 2 is a True RPG (TM)

Anyway, our options for today:

rom1929.jpg

mage killing extravaganza (possible raep, never played this quest, since I never played a mage before, but its warrior counterpart was a little tough at times)

rom1930.jpg

Phat loot, moderate to big raep, iirc.

rom1931.jpg

Main quest.

DISCUSS!!!!

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Battle Mages rape, the more pain you feel the better for us to watch.

lightbane

Arcane
BAttle Mages, but you're allowed to use the Troll mercenary to ease some of the pain. I really like how the game has so many different messages commenting about your death, as if the developers knew you would die a lot.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Battle Mages sound interesting and hard, considering how one-two spells can kill any of Your characters...

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
rom1933.jpg

Before we do anything, we hire the troll henchman.

rom1934.jpg

rom1935.jpg

Our destination.

rom1936.jpg

rom1937.jpg

Igles is X-TREME.

Spoiler: danger WILL stop him. More than once, too.

rom1938.jpg

rom1939.jpg

rom1940.jpg

We are greeted by a couple of zombies who seem to have protection against elements on them for no apparent reason.

rom1941.jpg

And here is the first sign of the incoming raeg. This lovely art deco statue.

rom1942.jpg

It's placed so conveniently, that the fat fucking troll can't get past it.

Coincidence? Or a deliberate action by the RoM2 developers to drop even more napalm on our arses?

Well then, we'll have to proceed alone.

rom1943.jpg

And we meet our first adversary!

rom1944.jpg

Bah! Some silly poison clouds are nothing we can't endure :rpgcodex:

rom1945.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK

rom1946.jpg

Uh...

rom1947.jpg

Let's try killing them with fire.

rom1948.jpg

Nnnnnope, not quite. We'll get back here later.

rom1949.jpg

Moar.

rom1950.jpg

This time, the firewall is more than enough to take care of 'em.

rom1951.jpg

This jolly ol' chap heard some commotion and decided to volunteer for a few fireballs to the face.

rom1952.jpg

How nice of them to drop roadsigns pointing us to our wicked foes! We certainly wouldn't be able to find them otherwise.

rom1953.jpg

The necroes before were masters of water magic. The ones in this part of the map are earth mages. Which means they're effectively useless, since all they can do is throw stone missiles and turn Igles to stone, which is no big deal, as he's only a meatshield out here.

rom1954.jpg

rom1955.jpg

Wait, what? Well, the cocks changed targets and use stone curse on Dina, which cut off Igles's healing :<

Also, after this, my save game got corrupted, and I had to do the whole friggin level from scratch. It's good that this game has 'restart last mission' and 'return to town' autosaves, or things would have been very, very bad.

rom1956.jpg

How nice of them to mob so much.

rom1957.jpg

Fireballs like it :smug:

rom1958.jpg

rom1959.jpg

Dum-de-dum.

rom1960.jpg

Some more zombies.

rom1961.jpg

And behind them are two guard towers, one shooping fireballs like mad, the other conjuring shadow clouds. Maybe if we clear the area, they'll deactivate.

Time to get back to that supermob of water mages...

rom1962.jpg

BURRRRRRRRRRRRN

rom1963.jpg

Shit.

rom1964.jpg

BUUUUUUUUUUUUURN I SAY

rom1965.jpg

Goddammit, Igles, stop fucking moving towards our backline.

rom1966.jpg

BUUUUUURRRRRRN

rom1967.jpg

Fuck yeah. This concludes the water and earth mages.

rom1968.jpg

In related news, the troll still can't get behind the stone idol.

rom1969.jpg

The guard towers hadn't deactivated after all.

rom1970.jpg

But hugging the right wall takes us out of the fireball tower's reach.

rom1971.jpg

rom1972.jpg

rom1973.jpg

rom1974.jpg

Splendid.

Can't see shit, cap'n.

rom1975.jpg

Oh. Great. Air mages. They have prismatic spray.

rom1976.jpg

What the hell?

rom1977.jpg

Hint: Igles died.

rom1978.jpg

This supermob out here are Astral-wielding mages. They're also pretty useless 'cause everything they can do is life drain and curse which is the 'anti-bless' spell.

rom1979.jpg

They burn pretty neatly, though.

rom1980.jpg

rom1981.jpg

Afterwards, we get back to the air mages.

rom1982.jpg

If there are three things that are 'good' about enemy prismatic spray, it's that it costs a lot of mana, it can't be spammed too much and is useless against single targets. That's why we wait for the bastards to use up all their mana, and then we chop them up for bbq.

rom1985.jpg

Having defeated all air mages, we go to the last part of the map, which will most likely be populated by fire mages.

rom1986.jpg

A lone zombie and mage want to stop us.

rom1987.jpg

Yep, they are fire mages alright.

rom1988.jpg

And here comes the bad news... they're completely immune to fire magic. Which means our two mages are effectively almost useless, since their only non-fire combat spell is life drain, and it's a wee little bit pathetic...

Hope we don't encounter another supermob of these folks (ohohohoho)

rom1989.jpg

rom1990.jpg

Well, hello there.

rom1991.jpg

rom1992.jpg

Here I was trying to run around like a retard to provoke as many firewalls as possible to make them run out of mana, so I could run in and chop-chop.

Here are the results:

rom1993.jpg

rom1994.jpg

Ah fuck, I'll get back to them later.

rom1995.jpg

rom1996.jpg

Sigh...

rom1997.jpg

SCORCHED EARTH

rom1998.jpg

Yup, only the supermob is left now. I'll approach from the south to get more place for manuevers.

rom1999.jpg

The plan is the same as before - make them run out of mana, then run in and chop.

rom2000.jpg

rom2001.jpg

I have a silly feeling that Greenpeace would want a word with these folks...

rom2002.jpg

Their mana reserves are almost dry.

rom2003.jpg

Now is the time to strike. It took friggin AGES to achieve this.

rom2004.jpg

rom2005.jpg

rom2006.jpg

Yay.

The warrior counterpart of this mission was pretty much the same, but it took place on a couple of islands, instead of the mountains. There were also 5 'camps' of warriors - swordsmen, axemen, spearmen, clubmen and crossbowmen with a few other folks (like the zombies in this scenario) in-between. It was also a lot easier because there was no friggin statue blocking your troll henchman, and each island was separated by a two-square-wide bridge, which was good for aggro control.

rom2007.jpg

Here's something I picked up for Igles at the shoppe.

rom2008.jpg

And here's our next destination.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Oh, well. Alright... Would you kindly please post another rapeofmagesdate like, NOW??? MOAR.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
And now you can't take the troll mercenary for the next mission, splendid!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
rom1839.jpg

So nothing you know about them is encouraging?

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

I blame the Russians.

rom1992.jpg

lulz

I was just about to say not enough raep until you reached the fire mages

rom2005.jpg

neglected to fight them without your support? So if he had fought...with support? FFS double negatives STOP IT

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
rom2009.jpg

rom2010.jpg

rom2011.jpg

rom2012.jpg

rom2013.jpg

Igles is whiteknighting not unlike SFRN.

rom2014.jpg

So, here we are. Some sand, some mountains, some palmtrees, and UNTOLD DANGERS DEAD AHEAD!!11 /ominous

rom2015.jpg

But so far, the dangers are only some sucky boner snakes.

rom2016.jpg

Later come turtles, which aren't really better.

rom2017.jpg

Some spiders. Can be dangerous if you're careless, but sucky nonetheless.

rom2018.jpg

Goblins. Epitome of suck.

EXCUSE ME, HOW ABOUT SOME CHALLENGE?

rom2019.jpg

Spooky. 5$ says there'll be undead beyond this gate. I wonder if there's a "You must be this tall to ride the Stone Web super family funride" sign on it.

rom2020.jpg

Well, what do you know. Skeletons. With a lich, too.

rom2021.jpg

Crap.

rom2022.jpg

Can't see shit, cap'n.

rom2023.jpg

Time to light it up.

rom2024.jpg

Later on, we encounter some jolly ol' orcs.

rom2025.jpg

They give us a warm welcome too.

Our firewall is better, though. Not to mention that our protection from fire makes their firewalls almost useless :smug:

rom2026.jpg

Cocks...

rom2027.jpg

I think it's been some time since we last encountered bats.

rom2028.jpg

This time they don't catch us off-guard, and we proceed to bomb them with extreme prejudice.

rom2029.jpg

Yay, an ogre.

rom2030.jpg

Make that two ogres...

rom2031.jpg

Sorry, three. RRRRUUUUUUUUUN.

rom2032.jpg

However, thanks to our superior tactics, we manage to slay one of the beasts during our tactical retreat!

rom2033.jpg

A well-placed firewall gets the first ogre killed faster and messes with the AI of the second one, so it decides to take a longer route around, giving Igles enough time to chop up the first one.

rom2034.jpg

We are getting closer to the centre of the web (note the minimap: this place really does resemble a web).

rom2035.jpg

To the north of the gate, we encounter some obvious trolls.

rom2036.jpg

:smug:

rom2037.jpg

rom2038.jpg

And to the south, we find a hueg mob of undead.

rom2039.jpg

Holy shit. These firewalls are not mine, btw

rom2040.jpg

Well... There sure is a lot of 'em.

:M

rom2041.jpg

:M

All those lovely numbers flying around. A feast for the eyes, eh?

rom2042.jpg

Wait, what? That's all?!

:decline:

Interesting, I remembered this quest to be a lot, LOT harder. But then again, I always played with a warrior main character, so I suppose it is a lot harder without 2 mages *shrug*

But we don't get back to town yet, oh no.

rom2043.jpg

There's phat loot to be found.

rom2044.jpg

Phat loot is seriously phat. I don't think you can find a +5 absorption enchantment on stuff even in the elven shoppe.

But wait, it's not all!

rom2045.jpg

There's also this gay level 3 scalie out here.

rom2046.jpg

Goddammit, can't see shit.

rom2047.jpg

Let's try firing fireballs blindly and hope they hit.

rom2048.jpg

Obviously, that didn't quite work. KC ran out of mana, got hit by multiple prismatic sprays, and the mages had to heal him instead of Igles, which ended as it did.

rom2049.jpg

Blindfire is obviously not the way (Rage of Mages 2 is a True RPG (TM), not some popamole Gears of War clone, after all)

rom2050.jpg

KC encircles Igles and gets a clear view.

rom2051.jpg

And a clear shot for the fire arrow autofire.

rom2052.jpg

Soon after, the dragon dies, and we can go back to town.

I also picked up some new trinkets in the shoppe:

rom2053.jpg

rom2054.jpg

^ both for KC.

rom2055.jpg

And this supermofo hippy cloak for Dina.

rom2056.jpg

rom2057.jpg

Our next destination. After that, we'll have all three parts of the crown of Yases, and we'll be able to forge it anew. The crown is a really, really bitchin' artifact.

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Good job as always.
Looking at the old/new clothes I can only hope that people responsible for designing them are still working for the industry.
:salute:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nice update! :thumbsup: So, will you finish up the source of magic quest once you have the crown?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom