Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Tale of Wuxia Zero

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XLVI: Battle at Wudang

Vultures have descended on Wudang sect.

eA5407j.jpg

dIyYKJ6.jpg

igxlbyP.jpg

Li Zhaoqing is the fake Wudang disciple who tricked Gu.

gtj74FR.jpg
If Huang hadn’t opened the letter in the first place, something might’ve happened to Master Gao. Master Gao is of high ability and integrity, it would be a pity he got killed by… some despicable disciple.

gtj74FR.jpg
Master Zhuo, if you don’t surrender Li Zhaoqing, I’m afraid nobody will be satisfied.

iJU0g7S.jpg

8ZTTzSi.jpg

chhdkMl.jpg

bDvmUUN.jpg

gtj74FR.jpg
Calm down, calm down. We should seek opinions of Master Liu from Peerless League. What do you think?

Seriously, who?

2pr9UgV.jpg

duUJHSa.jpg

gtj74FR.jpg
Such a decision is reasonable!

gtj74FR.jpg
(Master Gao of Pigua Clan is a dotard, if the art books of Taijiquan falls into his hand, I can easily get it from him. I’ll be peerless once Bagua Clan master the Taiji…)

bDvmUUN.jpg
It’s not that we don’t want to, but he’s no longer in Wudang. As for the Taijiquan, only disciples of Wudang can learn it. I can’t break the rules. The only thing I can hand over is my own life.

kEaiGR6.jpg

gtj74FR.jpg
*sigh* Master Zhuo, your life means nothing to us. Only handing over the art books will appease the anger.

Predictably a big fight breaks out.

KDNoevs.jpg

DeuSgs5.jpg

UdWMB3a.jpg

yIupq9c.jpg

bDvmUUN.jpg
Gu, think it over carefully…

gtj74FR.jpg
Do it!

Gu and his team get caught up into things.

fAYmnUx.jpg

GMf1YkK.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Everyone, I am Gu Yuexuan of Xiaoyao valley. Please listen to me.

gtj74FR.jpg
Heh! I heard it is you who sent the message to Huang of Pigua clan.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yeah. We are responsible for this. But it is useless to fight here. If we fight internally for this, it is exactly what the villains want.

gtj74FR.jpg
What do you mean?

HKpwBf8.jpg
During this Acquittal Period, Jianghu is in turmoil. Apparently someone in the background is creating difficulties to sitr up factions against each other and reduce our force.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Maybe Li Zhaoqing is just a pawn in their hands.

bDvmUUN.jpg
You are right…

A fight breaks out regardless.

TIqfQ7T.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
These guys have their own purposes, we can’t convince them. OK, just let me have some practice.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t hurt people, protecting yourself is the most important.

Not only our team takes part in this fight, there are also several Wudang disciples and the three Wudang masters.

SNyNDqM.jpg

DUuNT8w.jpg

dBueLF4.jpg

The only enemies of note are the master of Heaven’s Sword clan and Bagua clan.

KHFl7To.jpg

iln6vPZ.jpg

The three masters can easily roflstomp the mooks on the left while Gu and his team take the tougher enemies on the right. Chu Hui and Wei Ziling approach the enemies from behind to troll with poison, sneak and fan attacks.

zq9yeAm.jpg

Ximen Feng, the son of the master of Heaven’s Sword clan, has the honour of going down first.

dydvCne.jpg

The Bagua master goes down in turn 2.

bCTvsVG.jpg

Due to one of Gu’s talents, each time a Wudang disciple goes down he’s replaced by one of our own team. Very useful here.

zOlHs1z.jpg

It’s over by turn 4.

rCaNb80.jpg

jc5F8fj.jpg

LuylpMn.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Please stop fighting, we can’t have our unity undermined and play into his cards.

2MwTepR.jpg
You are right, let’s stop fighting.

gtj74FR.jpg
(Things are looking bad.)

gtj74FR.jpg
Wudang sect, is it over now? Are you so cheap?

bDvmUUN.jpg
The next three years, the income of Wudang from North China belong to Pigua sect.

Good idea, kowtow to the idiots you just completely crushed.

NDssfkc.jpg

bDvmUUN.jpg
I’ll teach them to live on air.

YoHU0nd.jpg
You can do without money, but you cannot do without moral courage. I agree.

2MwTepR.jpg
If Master Zhuo and Gu say so, I’m not against it. Master Shang, withdraw.

gtj74FR.jpg
Justice is in people’s hearts, let’s go. (Damn it, I did not get any benefits.)

bDvmUUN.jpg
Gu, thanks for your help. Take this as a token of our thanks.

OSMprZc.jpg

The reward is the Ziwei soft sword, a good new weapon for Shui.

1HGOfNI.jpg

After this battle it is possible to train against the three Wudang masters. You need to beat them in 10 turns.

This fight should be repeated often as Shi Yan might steal something gud here.

8yL6CRv.jpg

SqwJBuM.jpg

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XLVII: Tibetian Sun

When Xiao Fu has mastered the Thrive Jianghu we return to Ren Jiannan in the forest.

g2Ppmcs.jpg

Gb6zDks.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
Ren, I have practiced a lot, now do you want to play the tune of “Thrive Jianghu” with me?

MxX7u2K.jpg
I really love this tune, of course!

kJevSj1.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hearing this, I suddenly feel kind of sad.

sSBLVww.jpg
Why are you crying?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Even when I am not good at music, hearing them play with each other, it’s hauntingly beautiful… it really is a great tune.

IGec7Mx.jpg

Out of the blue the performance is rudely interrupted.

IvgdRMq.jpg

bG3ev4n.jpg
Hahahahaha!!

bG3ev4n.jpg
Hahahahaha!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ah, such sharp laughter!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Someone laughing with such strong energy, we should use our inner force to resist.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Ren, your sound of Qin is getting weird, control your mind.

MxX7u2K.jpg
Eh… damn…

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Damn, Xiao and Ren are focusing on playing but the inner force of the one laughing is so strong, I’m afraid these two will suffer internal injuries…)

sSBLVww.jpg
Who’s the bastard hiding in the dark, get out and fight with me.

We already encountered some of these Tibetan monks.

GuJzEeX.jpg

LtdWyB9.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What monk are you, tell your name.

bG3ev4n.jpg
A worm doesn’t deserve to know the name of the mountain.

sSBLVww.jpg
What are you raving about?

l0znB8v.jpg

This “Living Buddha” has a very damaging arc skill called Flaming Blade.

65x937b.jpg

He’s accompanied with several lesser monks who boost each other’s defenses.

nmwPAh1.jpg

At any rate we get some help in turn 2.

gvwsZNS.jpg

bG3ev4n.jpg
Well, it’s you again. Why do you always bother me like a fly?

9p86tOr.jpg
Hahaha, I just don’t like you monks. I just want to harass you, what will you do?

bG3ev4n.jpg
Cut the crap and go to hell.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master, you…

9p86tOr.jpg
Boy, if you have something to say, wait until the fight ends. This monk is not easy to handle.

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK, thanks for your help.

Wudian has some interdasting skills. Vajra Fist, of course. Drunken Fist is a good skill since it grants Dual Strike. His other two skills are AoE.

aIfFLYZ.jpg

Applying internal injury to Hetuo is a good tactic but he will heal himself to full health once.

1OQpGEu.jpg

By turn 4 Hetuo goes down. After that it’s just cleanup.

1Tw8Gul.jpg

uGZm3dx.jpg

rpXkn0B.jpg

cpCzGTA.jpg

JAEkOk2.jpg

As usual the villains just run off after the battle.

CCct6D5.jpg

9p86tOr.jpg
Hello again, buddy.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thanks for Master Wudian’s help, I really appreciate that.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Master Wudian, that foreign monk is good at Kung fu, do you know where he is from?

9p86tOr.jpg
Who knows. I was drinking a few days ago and heard he plotted to make a mess in Central China with Dharma-raja Likong, the Goshir of Tibet. I really felt sick at his ugly features.

Note that Dharma-raja Likong shows up in Tale of Wuxia.

vSBJM6C.jpg

As for this Tibetan connection: wuxia games usually take place during the Ming dynasty (1368-1644), during which Tibet was not under the Mandate of Heaven.

800px-Map_of_Ming_Chinese_empire_1415_%28cropped%29.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
If this monk is colluding with the mysterious organization and this ties back to Tibet, the ambitious Goshir of Tibet would be a great danger to Central China.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
We martial artists always stay out of the affairs of the Imperial Court. But I will not stand by if this will affect the commoners.

Lp5vf5D.jpg

9p86tOr.jpg
I feel relieved that you all oppose these monks. Drinking time, haha.

rx9x49R.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(The master is really an extraordinary figure.)

After this fight Gu can learn Flaming blade himself. It’s equal to Hexameridian Fingersword when it comes to damage.

cnNJGql.png

At any rate now Ren Jiannan should be able to join.

gQ8gLHc.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
We are fine, but the “Strive Jianghu”…

K6kLgfN.jpg
The ensemble of Xiao and Mr Ren was interrupted by that monk. What a pity!

MxX7u2K.jpg
This tune is beyond compare in the world. Even without interruption, we still cannot reach the level of those two seniors.

2rfJBiu.jpg
This tune must be played by two people whose hearts beat as one and whose internal styles are at the same level… maybe it will take years before we reach that standard.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It’s easy. You can join us if you have time. Then you two can practice every day and reach the level of the seniors very soon.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Miss Wei is right.

MxX7u2K.jpg
It will be most welcome if you guys agree. But I’ve left Swordsmith’s Manor for too long. I should return home and tell my father first in case he’s worrying about me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK, we will visit Swordsmith’s Manor a few days later and hope you can join us then.

We will add Ren Jiannan to the party for a while. Shi Yan can take a break.

IQjq5l9.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
Mr Ren, nice to meet you. You seem to be thinner than before.

MxX7u2K.jpg
My father chastised me when I came home. He said that I was just muddling on and that I have no ambition. He even said that I’ve forgotten my own origin.

MxX7u2K.jpg
I told my father that Master Linghu and Righteous Lady didn’t know how to cast swords either but their talent in music was beyond comparison. My father threw my dearest Qin into the furnace in front of me… and this was the creation of Jiao Weiqin!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Huh…

2rfJBiu.jpg
I understand your mood, Ren. It’s really sad.

MxX7u2K.jpg
My father forbids me to touch any Qin before I comprehend the meaning of “Mountains Shaker”. I really want to play the tune of Thrive Jianghu with Brother Xiao! Poor me!

K6kLgfN.jpg
(He is interesting with his bookishness, but also pathetic with his complaining.) Mr Ren, I have an idea. You can play the Qin and practice swordsmanship if you do as I say. And I promise your father will agree.

MxX7u2K.jpg
What idea? I will do anything if I can play Qin again!

K6kLgfN.jpg
The first, second and third place of Young Heroes Contest are here. You can tell your father that you want to come with us and learn skills. Your father certainly will agree. If you are with Brother Xiao you could play Qin for sure.

MxX7u2K.jpg
Ah… haha, it’s a good idea! Miss Wei, you are clever! When shall we set out? I will pack now…

2rfJBiu.jpg
Brother Ren, although it’s a good idea, I will not hide the truth from your father. You can come with us and you can play the Qin. But you should also practice your swordsmanship.

MxX7u2K.jpg
Y-yes! I can do anything if I can play Qin again!

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Brother Xiao, you are really like Ren’s big brother.

2rfJBiu.jpg
It’s my pleasure to have such a brother.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I will practice my music skill as well. I hope that we can play a tune together one day.

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Heh! Sister Shui is so straightforward!)

2rfJBiu.jpg
Hmm… I really look forward to that day.

Xiao Fu gets a new internal style out of all this.

MxX7u2K.jpg
By the way, Xiao, I’ve found another parchment among the score of Thrive Jianghu. Maybe it was composed by Master Linghu and Righteous Lady after playing the tune.

MxX7u2K.jpg
It’s not a simple score, it also contains esoteric internal styles. Brother Xiao, I’m not good at that, you should take it.

2rfJBiu.jpg
OK, thank you.

Chu Hui has this internal style too, it’s gud.

uSQrfkU.jpg

Ren Jiannan is a good party member with both single target and AoE skills (Mountains Shaker which his daddy told him to master). He comes with a unique sword that gives him stun immunity.

Qx8sguu.jpg

eeqbuTs.jpg

His default internal style is best as it gives him Killing Momentum like Shinji. Having two characters in the party with Killing Momentum is p. useful.

ZAuBEtm.jpg

Ren Jiannan has a unique interaction with that particular sword at Sword Grave.

EJrJX0v.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
So that’s how it is.

MxX7u2K.jpg
Oh? The weight of the sword is not right. Something is wrong with the hilt…

Ren Jiannan gets a skill for free here.

9mPkQcU.jpg

y4xZuGJ.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XLVIII: Black Iron

With Ren Jiannan in the party we return to the mine in Luoyang.

HIq01g6.jpg

R7gJEDY.jpg

MxX7u2K.jpg
Who are you? Who do you learn to smith from?

oFJ9RgC.jpg

MxX7u2K.jpg
Which one?

eBmtaTP.jpg
Don’t push too far. Do I need to report you to the one I learn to smith from? Who do you think you are?

MxX7u2K.jpg
I am Ren Jiannan, future master of Swordsmith’s Manor. You call yourself a disciple of Swordsmith’s Manor yet you don’t know me?

eBmtaTP.jpg
Young… young master!?

MxX7u2K.jpg
Spit it out, who do you learn to smith from?

eBmtaTP.jpg
I…I… OK, I learn to smith under Master Zhao!

MxX7u2K.jpg
We don’t have any Master Zhao! You are not a disciple of Swordsmith’s Manor. Who are you and why do you dress up like this?

eBmtaTP.jpg
S-Shit… got exposed!

The gig is up and the fake one runs off to get his buddies.

j6m1Vi3.jpg

CfnJ1Tf.jpg

MxX7u2K.jpg
That guy called himself a disciple of Swordsmith’s Manor but his face didn’t ring a bell. So I asked who he learnt to forge from and it turned out he was not even one of us!

HKpwBf8.jpg
You mean he is a fake?

MxX7u2K.jpg
That’s right, everybody gets to learn to forge upon joining Swordsmith’s Manor yet that man didn’t know his master. So he’s definitely not a disciple of Swordsmith’s Manor.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Did Swordsmith’s Manor ever send anyone to mine here?

MxX7u2K.jpg
They did. It is said that there’s this extremely precious black iron underground so father bought this mine and sent several men to explore.

sSBLVww.jpg
Black iron? It is said that weapons made from black iron can tear anything up. With a blade in one hand you can be unstoppable. There is one Great Xia of Condor who got one.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes. Two other weapons made of black iron are the Yitian Sword and the Blade of Dragonslayer. There has been a rumour that “The supreme weapon in Wulin, the Blade of Dragonslayer, commands the world, nobody dares to disobey”.

MxX7u2K.jpg
That’s why father sent several brothers in training here to explore, hoping to find the unique metal.

Ren’s daddy told him to train Mountain Shaker, this is an opportunity to do so. It’s a nice AoE.

ZgAvozj.jpg

VUrN568.jpg

hmowPE0.jpg

vehElEm.jpg

2iWhc2j.jpg

eCeMmNH.jpg

MxX7u2K.jpg
Who the hell are you? Forcedly occupying the mine and pretending to be a disciple of Swordsmith’s Manor. You think you can get away with that?

eBmtaTP.jpg
I…I…

The idiot tries to escape by jumping into the river. But it seems he can’t swim.

t9hDRFn.jpg

BmykpRd.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I didn’t expect that he would jump into the river…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Could it be other sects are coveting the black iron yet dare not openly go against Swordsmith’s Manor so they take such viperous measures?

MxX7u2K.jpg
Damn, it’s so viperous, if we didn’t discover this early, the reputation of Swordsmith’s Manor would be destroyed.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ren, what are you going to do next?

MxX7u2K.jpg
*sigh* I don’t want to get involved but I can’t leave these evil people to do as they like…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, let’s go and check for some leads nearby. If there aren’t any, you should return to Swordsmith’s Manor and tell your father to take care of this.

MxX7u2K.jpg
Alright, seems that’s all we can do now…

There’s nothing out of the ordinary at the mine itself.

MxX7u2K.jpg
Have you ever digged up a dark, small, but very hard ore with a little red?

oBsm6JX.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ren…

MxX7u2K.jpg
Just as I thought, the enemy hasn’t found black iron yet, but we should find out the one behind this as soon as possible.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I agree, but we should be more careful.

The corpse of the fake who jumped in the river is past the carp king.

jS4j1pb.jpg

1FzxTiU.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Seems like he wasn’t very good at swimming, or he hit some rocks and drowned.

MxX7u2K.jpg
Let’s pull him up.

The fake carries something that ties him to the Clan of Heaven’s Sword.

8DegdXr.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’ve found an iron sword…

MxX7u2K.jpg
This iron sword… could this be…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, this is the token of the master of the Clan of Heaven’s Sword.

MxX7u2K.jpg
The Clan of Heaven’s Word… how so?!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Why don’t we go to the Clan of Heaven’s Sword and check it out…

PdxpLrp.jpg

It’s time to see those ugly douchebags in Luoyang.

hQfqFGH.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry, Mr Ximen, but we have important matters to discuss with Master Ximen. Please convey for us.

7LJIoz4.jpg
My father is not expecting any guests, please go back.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry, Mr Ximen, but this is really extremely important, please do make an exception.

y8FXyxQ.jpg

7LJIoz4.jpg
… Please come in.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, Mr Ximen, and thank you, Master Ximen.

qH3swnm.jpg

2MwTepR.jpg
What is it that you insist to come inside and meet me?

MxX7u2K.jpg
Do you know about the mine in the village?

2MwTepR.jpg
Mine in the village? Wasn’t that bought by your Swordsmith’s Manor? Why ask me?

MxX7u2K.jpg
The mine was taken by unknown forces and the brothers who were in charge are now missing and replaced by people pretending to be disciples of Swordsmith’s Manor.

2MwTepR.jpg
Oh, what’s with that?

MxX7u2K.jpg
We saw through their tricks and defeated them. Yet we found a little iron sword…

2MwTepR.jpg
… I see, you have found the token of the master of the Clan of Heaven’s Sword and you believe that I sent people to take over the mine.

MxX7u2K.jpg
I dare not. I just want to ask Master Ximen if you know something about this?

2MwTepR.jpg
Humph, this iron sword has been lost by Feng several months ago. We were looking for the thief yet you came to make a punitive expedition against me first.

MxX7u2K.jpg
So you don’t know anything about this?

2MwTepR.jpg
I don’t know.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Mr Ren, Gu, the master of the Clan of Heaven’s Sword has status. If he says so, we certainly should believe him.

2MwTepR.jpg
Humph, I said no, there’s no need to satirize.

HKpwBf8.jpg
If so, sorry for the trouble. Forgive us for disturbing your meditation.

2MwTepR.jpg
Wait.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes?

2MwTepR.jpg
You come and go as you wish. What do you think the Clan of Heaven’s Sword is?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I dare not. It’s a really important matter so I had no choice but to disturb Master Ximen.

2MwTepR.jpg
Save the words and draw your sword. People will think we are useless if I didn’t teach you a lesson.

Ximen is pathethically weak for a master of a clan.

1ZoiI95.jpg

He almost goes down in the first turn, Ren takes him out.

H68okJ5.jpg

TyLKxaH.jpg

th4fsHW.jpg

Of course the game still treats it as if you got schooled.

yaQ34aA.jpg

2MwTepR.jpg
Humph, Wuxia Zi’s got good apprentices.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s go, Mr Ren.

It’s time to return to the mine and wrap chit up.

pkruX7s.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I don’t know, but if he says so, and we don’t have any other evidence than the iron sword all we can do is find other clues.

MxX7u2K.jpg
Alright, maybe we should go back to the mine and check if there are any new clues…

Right on cue, the miners found some black iron.

PvzTpG1.jpg

MxX7u2K.jpg
What? Where? Where is that stone?

Some crooks appear like moths to a flame.

L4wZnZz.jpg

MxX7u2K.jpg
Damn, who are you? Are you here for the black iron too? Who is behind you?

6AFdXUq.jpg
Boss, this seems like a tough guy.

6AFdXUq.jpg
Kill them all!

The former Taoist whom we helped a while back gives another helping hand.

Q7ie736.jpg

6AFdXUq.jpg
!!!

VgfrmwY.jpg
They were in the next cell when I was in prison. They always bluffed about how evil and powerful they are and the head of the Seven Villains, Sky Cracking Blade Xincan, was the worst villain in the world…

K6kLgfN.jpg
The Seven Villains… Gu, they are from Villains’ Valley!

Interdasting how this turns out to be related to the main quest.

The one in charge soon turns up too.

KTphNnC.jpg

KB6mht8.jpg

MxX7u2K.jpg
It’s you who plotted all this?

FzhD0Zq.jpg
You are Ren Jiannan from Swordsmith’s Manor? I heard you were addicted to women and just so so. I didn’t expect you to be able to defeat my men. It has gotten to a point when you can’t believe in the rumours of Jianghu. *groan*

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, he’s the boss of Villains’ Valley. He must know about the secret organization, we cannot let him go so easily!

FzhD0Zq.jpg
Little girl, you really get the situation here?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Be aware, everyone, this is the head of the Seven Villains, he’s got some astonishing tricks!

FzhD0Zq.jpg
Aren’t you the Fist of Justice Gu Yuexuan? *groan* You are so young yet cannot be looked down upon, maybe I should believe the rumours sometimes… It’s such a pity that you are gonna die here today… *sigh* What a waste.

This tranny is very dangerous, a broadsword expert with a powerful unique skill with dual strike capability.

VDH7W7x.jpg

He has some underlings around but they go down extremely quickly especially with Ren Jiannan’s Mountain Shaker and Killing Momentum…

fZGiNoi.jpg

XfMeIgP.jpg

ASHAlfl.jpg

The end of the battle is amusing; Ziling melts Chitcan down but due to his “Fight to the last drop” talent he takes down Ren Jiannan in the next turn, then immediately dies after due to poison and bleed.

60djmNz.jpg

KWrv3Dr.jpg

nw0A4xk.jpg

mPouJzU.jpg

As usual, the bad guy just gets away.

vmN6n7D.jpg

MxX7u2K.jpg
Don’t even think about it.

FzhD0Zq.jpg
Humph, alright, I got more important things to take care of, you can have this.

Ren is too wounded to continue.

MxX7u2K.jpg
You can’t escape!

2O5KV41.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ren!

FzhD0Zq.jpg
Humph, see you next time, kids.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Are you OK, Ren?

MxX7u2K.jpg
Damn, I got hurt by some insidious force… *sigh* seems like Qin suits me better…

HKpwBf8.jpg
His broadsword techniques are so insidious, no wonder he is called the head of the Seven Villains.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Seems like we need to go to Villains’ Valley if we want to find out about the secret organization.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, but first we need a place to treat Ren. We shall be more careful when we meet Xincan next time.

The reward for all this is a piece of the black iron.

H6gW8s0.jpg

Qu4Gnbi.jpg

It’s possible to take this black iron to Hu and forge a weapon of our own. But far more rewarding is to hand it over to Swordsmith’s Manor.

FQlX6F8.jpg

MxX7u2K.jpg
Dad, I have an emergency to tell you!

6FYfwmV.jpg

g6DX9FK.jpg

PjJBS3Y.jpg
Jiannan, Mr Gu, Swordsmith’s Manor kept its reputation thanks to you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s our pleasure, you’re welcome.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The black iron belongs to Swordsmith’s Manor, now I can return it to you.

PjJBS3Y.jpg
Thank you, I will give this pair of sword and blade to you in return.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you.

This is an awesome reward for Shinji. Equal to the swords he steals in Tale of Wuxia.

eQXfohB.jpg

Shinji’s crits will now do monstrous damage.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XLIX: Drunken Master

We return once to Wangyou valley to pay a visit to Dr Miracle.

zNT54Mw.jpg

5CYCAIn.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Stop! I will be forced to take strange pellets every day if I marry her. I don’t want to die at an early age.

e10Flfl.jpg
You are so fond of my pellets, Ji! I’ll treat you some next time.

sSBLVww.jpg
What… I didn’t say anything.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Haha, you’re also afraid of that? I will leave Jing Ji to you next time, Xiangyun.

e10Flfl.jpg
Alright. Ziling focuses more on poison than herbs. Maybe it will be more effective after adding toxic things. We can have a try next time… such as Heartbroken Herb?

sSBLVww.jpg
… (Those two are surely the most terrible combination.)

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Xiangyun has grown up and is getting more and more beautiful. Doctor Miracle always wants her to find a good boyfriend but Xiangyun won’t fall in love with someone casually.)

Dr Miracle can turn precious herbs we’ve gathered into some gud stuff. But the minigame is annoying as usual.

hjlownd.jpg

0NKJydr.jpg

Only the AC Pellet is really worth making.

lTsFedL.jpg

Z7Qr1ug.jpg

Drunken Brah now hands out a small riddle quest.

Fl0ZbyW.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Uh… (So it turns out you drank Master’s wine.)

hlnUekQ.jpg
Do you know what will make the unrestrained wine more delicious?

HKpwBf8.jpg
My Master said different wines should go with different foods. But I don’t really know about that.

hlnUekQ.jpg
*hiccup* No! Why didn’t you improve… I am very angry!

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey, why are you mad at him? No one will just get drunk in the morning like you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, don’t be rude.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I am too ignorant, please forgive me.

hlnUekQ.jpg
No, let me teach you for Wuxia Zi. Usually the unrestrained wine is made of sticky rice. Unfiltered there are some rice dregs in it that are green and as small as ants. That’s why we call it “green ant”.

hlnUekQ.jpg
“Green ants in newly fermented wine, red clay in the fireplace. In the snowy night, drinking wine with some friends around the fireplace. It is so warm.” *hiccup*

I guess this was some kind of riddle that didn’t translate very well.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I see, the best place to drink wine is the fireplace during a cold night. Good friends are necessary too.

hlnUekQ.jpg
You are not bad.

hlnUekQ.jpg
You are smart, I will give you some more riddles.

Translator brah didn’t bother translating the next riddles. Thankfully he did put in the solution.

f6QM8Rw.jpg

hlnUekQ.jpg
These four riddles’ answers are Qin, chess, calligraphy and painting. Go find the relevant person, then come back to me and prove that you understand. Go now and don’t bother me while I am drinking.

pIpBHJx.jpg

4hMi4Dw.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
It is the riddle that the Drunken Hermit gave me. I am not very familiar with the link between wine and music.

k7KDvzW.jpg
Music and wine have an indissoluble bond. People mostly play music at banquets. “Qiang Jin Jiu” and “Long Xi Xing” are two types of music associated with banquets. The music and wine make each other better. Playing music while drinking once in a while is a life much more like the ancients’ style.

If Ren Jiannan is around, he falls in love with Celestial Melody.

jET2d8x.jpg

k7KDvzW.jpg
… Is he your friend?

HKpwBf8.jpg
This… this is Ren Jiannan of Swordsmith’s Manor…

sSBLVww.jpg
This guy is a little crazy. He ignores his family arts and focuses on music. It’s as if his spirit leaves the body when he sees a beauty. Celestial sister? Oh my god!

HKpwBf8.jpg
(This sounds a little harsh, but Ren’s behavior is really improper. And it also makes Master Celestial Melody embarrassed.)

k7KDvzW.jpg
You will interrupt my performance. So, please leave me alone.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry to disturb you. We’ll leave now.

Translator brah was probably drunk himself when translating this part. Two of the lines are translated anyway when interacting with some of the other masters.

BJhlSR6.jpg

G0Vy3Vw.jpg
Eh? Xuan, your poem is good and very relevant to my current circumstances! Such a good poem! The chessboard is just like a battlefield.

G0Vy3Vw.jpg
Let’s drink to this. I need to go drink with the old hermit later.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You like both chess and wine.

G0Vy3Vw.jpg
People who play chess usually like to drink wine too. The chess and wine have an indissoluble bond.

zn5L0Sl.jpg

qmdMWDA.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master drinks wine before painting nature.

ANQbi90.jpg
Good. Wu Daozi, the sage of painting always drank before painting. Wang Qi was good at landscape painting, he also always got drunk before paitning. Wait… I seem to have been inspired!

p4FVe2k.jpg

KbFzavE.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
That’s right, I’m very jealous.

byCllbl.jpg
Yeah. Huai Su was a renowned monk during the Tang dynasty and also a great master of calligraphy. His writing was full of Buddhist Doctrines. Huai Su’s cursive script had a great connection with his drinking habits. When he was drunk, he wrote on the walls, vessels and clothes.

byCllbl.jpg
In addition to Huai Su, Zhang Xu also wrote after getting drunk. It is recorded that Zhang Xu often used his own hair to write. It is awe inspiring.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We could say that without wine, maybe there would be much less great calligraphy treasures in the world.

byCllbl.jpg
You are right… let me drink like them and see if I can create a great cursive script.

We actually get great reward from Drunken Brah.

rhnh2Va.jpg

hlnUekQ.jpg
Xuan, your answers are correct. Good, good!

HKpwBf8.jpg
I never thought the art of wine is better with the art of Qin, chess, calligraphy and painting. Thank you for your teaching, I learnt a lot.

hlnUekQ.jpg
You still have a lot to learn. This “brewmaster gourd” is my favourite stuff. Take it!

hlnUekQ.jpg
And this is “Drunken Fist”, take it too.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you for your gift.

cOaLOx0.jpg

qDpES2h.jpg

I like Drunken Fist because of its Dual strike ability.

zNIpEhH.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part L: Longjing Village

The master of Wudang told us to investigate Longjing village a while back.

t2RxROt.jpg

9nZt6JZ.jpg

Everyone in Longjing is involved in tea culture.

lBN9E1K.jpg

E0AUV0a.jpg

There are some rumours here about a haunted well or somesuch.

QPLIxvL.jpg

xNW94gU.jpg

I0KAUBp.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry for the eavesdropping. Is something weird happening here?

5QQFEhK.jpg
Well! We’re talking about the Hupao Spring.

sSBLVww.jpg
It’s just a large well, what’s wrong with it?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, as the saying goes “Longjing Tea and Hupao Spring”, the Hupao Spring enjoys a sound reputation in Suzhou and Hangzhou. It’s the preferred option for water to make tea.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Someone even said “If not for Hupao Spring it can’t be called Longjing tea.” It’s of great importance to some locals.

sSBLVww.jpg
Really? It’s just tea, I can’t tell the difference.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Well…

sSBLVww.jpg
Why does your face turn pale?

K6kLgfN.jpg
No, you’re mistaken.

5QQFEhK.jpg
Someone heard weeping and howling coming out of the well recently. And it gets worse at midnight…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ah! I… feel the chills up my spine…

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, already frightened? He’s not finished yet.

5QQFEhK.jpg
Back then there was this poor scholar… after the seventh township exams he threw himself into the well to commit suicide. And we can’t find his remains at all.

5QQFEhK.jpg
Later Daring Cai volunteered to find the body by himself. However, after a moment in the water he swam back in a panic and claimed that an icy hand grabbed his feet firmly.

5QQFEhK.jpg
I did witness it myself. He got a dark face and never stopped shuddering. And there’s indeed a mark on the ankle.

5QQFEhK.jpg
Despite the high temperature he still grabbed several coats and lit up the fire to get warm.

5QQFEhK.jpg
Since then, his swarthy face never changed and so he got the nickname “Blackface Cai”. So… if not for ghosts, what else can it be?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gh… ghosts…

This is something that needs to be investigated.

WfT3YkG.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, ghosts and gods, I’m not buying that bullshit. If ghosts do exist, so what?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You’re full of it! If… that thing appears, I don’t believe you can still remain calm.

sSBLVww.jpg
Why would I be afraid? It wants me dead? So be it. Ghost versus ghost, I’m definitely the winner.

K6kLgfN.jpg
*laughs*

sSBLVww.jpg
Why are you laughing!

K6kLgfN.jpg
You’re either… bold or dumb? But after this I’m not so scared anymore… No, I’m not scared. It’s just…

sSBLVww.jpg
You’re scared, no need to make excuses.

ZYB5ZiL.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
It’s good we have a psychic here.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Xiangyun, you… you can see them?

e10Flfl.jpg
Hehe…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Shush, I seem to hear the voice.

HKpwBf8.jpg
… Nope, the voice seems to disappear.

sSBLVww.jpg
I heard something too.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t… you scare me! It’s deathly quiet here!

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, you’re the typical smatterer. Despite such bad hearing, you’re really pompous.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’m touched, I never thought you would remember the teachings of Master…

K6kLgfN.jpg
As I expected, Ji is not a man of depth.

sSBLVww.jpg
I’m not gonna talk crap with you guys…

HKpwBf8.jpg
The sound was weak, but perhaps a powerful person can make it with inner force.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Like “Lion roaring” of Beastmaster’s Manor or “Telespeech” of Vajrayana?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Though different, the principles are nearly the same. But the voice sounded weak, the person seems to suffer from several internal injuries.

sSBLVww.jpg
Perhaps someone is hiding under the water? But that way he’d get drowned. The voice seems to come from the water.

K6kLgfN.jpg
The conditions would be different if there’s a secret place under the spring.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Indeed. I heard muffled echoes which can occur in hollow caves. If my assumption is right there’s a hidden cave under the water.

sSBLVww.jpg
Let’s go and find out!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ah! It’s broad daylight, why… why are you taking off your clothes?

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, should I get into the water with my clothes on?

HKpwBf8.jpg
…Ji, it’s alright to go with clothes, only a little slower. Ziling is a girl so taking off clothes is inappropriate.

sSBLVww.jpg
…You two really are a bunch of sticklers. I’ll go in first!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Wait. Ji, I’ll go first. After twenty seconds, follow me into the water.

sSBLVww.jpg
Really? I’m not a kid anymore. I’ll go first.

HKpwBf8.jpg
…Alright. Then let’s go together.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey, you wait for us on the bank. If anything goes wrong, go get help!

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’ll tag along. When in emergency situations, I’m probably more sharp-witted than you guys.

HKpwBf8.jpg
…Haha, my bad. We so save a lot of trouble with Ziling around.

sSBLVww.jpg
True that. With someone crafty like her around, we won’t fall into traps easily.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Choose the correct words, it’s called “clever”!

sSBLVww.jpg
Whatever, the meaning is similar.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It’s far from similar!

HKpwBf8.jpg
If there is someone down there, it must be related to our investigation. If danger emerges, promise me…

sSBLVww.jpg
Since when did you become so chatty? Let’s just go.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Anyway, proceed with caution.

There’s indeed a hidden cave under the spring.

zY7Y1zF.jpg

etBceic.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Is it? I can see everything clearly. You seem to have lousy hearing and eyesight.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humph, at least I’m smarter than you.

sSBLVww.jpg
So what? You still cannot see clearly here.

K6kLgfN.jpg
…You’re a lost cause.

There’s an unknown figure under the well.

q4HhDxh.jpg

Actually we know this figure already from the prologue. Another Feng Du bigshot.

HKpwBf8.jpg
!! There’s someone ahead.

sSBLVww.jpg
Let’s go!

LmBBYWs.jpg

S3fpXLV.jpg

Npeequy.jpg

vFoQ83P.jpg
Don’t bother... *cough* I can’t see anyway.

sSBLVww.jpg
You’re blind?

vFoQ83P.jpg
The… cold venom… spreads into the eyes… *cough*… My sight is long gone.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Cold venom spreads into the eyes… (Perhaps it’s…)

HKpwBf8.jpg
Please take some medicine.

vFoQ83P.jpg
Humph! Without knowing my identity you are rushing to give me medicine… *cough*… what profits are you aiming for?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I just see someone in need of help. If you’re upright, then saving you is my responsibility. If not, it won’t be too late to atone after your recovery.

vFoQ83P.jpg
…Hmm. Wuxia Zi of Xiaoyao valley… is quite a good teacher.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Please adjust your respiration to speed up the effects of the medicine.

We get an exact diagnosis from Xiangyun.

0bQLRQJ.jpg

vFoQ83P.jpg
You’re kind… but… I’m aware of my condition. Even “cardiotonic bolus” made by Dr Miracle is still in vain.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Who the hell did this? Only a few have mastered such palm techniques of cold.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The three are “Snow Through Cloud Palm” of Master Langhua, “Xuanying Finer” of Master Zhuang and “Lotus Zhang of Ice and Fire” of Yaksha. But your injuries are different…

Ziling suddenly gets hysterical.

K6kLgfN.jpg
!! Ahhhhhh…!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, what’s up?

sSBLVww.jpg
Enemies?!

OIm9kRl.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, you ony see it now? There’s nothing to be afraid of.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It must be the scholar who threw himself into the well days ago.

sSBLVww.jpg
No wonder the villagers can’t find the remains. It’s been days, why doesn’t the corpse decompose?

vFoQ83P.jpg
Hahaha… that’s because I’m transferring the cold venom to the remains. However… *cough*… it’s still a fool’s errand.

K6kLgfN.jpg
…If my presumption is right, it should be the “Icy Bat Palm”.

sSBLVww.jpg
Icy Bat Palm?

K6kLgfN.jpg
It’s the unique skill of the “Blue Winged Bat King”, one of the Four Guardian Kings of Ming Cult. The palm technique will lead to the freezing of blood and organ failure. Finally the victim will die of hypothermia.

K6kLgfN.jpg
But the force of the cold is so violent that only sucking human blood can prevent the performer from being killed by the cold.

vFoQ83P.jpg
You’re insightful.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Someone has mastered this martial art? Who is it? Why have we never heard of it?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, the mysterious man who wiped out the entire Stringsword Manor also possesses astonishing talents, perhaps he…

HKpwBf8.jpg
You’re right. The dead won’t reveal the secrets.

sSBLVww.jpg
Oh, everyone who crossed his path is by Yama’s side by now.

Yama is the name of the King of the Underworld. The Grandmaster of Feng Du took up this name.

vFoQ83P.jpg
Don’t you… ever call the Grand Master by his name again!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yama… you’re from Feng Du! Members of Feng Du always try never to mention the name of their Grand Master. And they force others to obey this rule.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, imaging himself as the King of the Underworld.

vFoQ83P.jpg
*cough*… Correct… I’m a follower of Feng Du.

K6kLgfN.jpg
“With the Tea of Oblivion, the souls cross the Naihe Bridge”. You must be the scout of Feng Du, Meng Po.

vFoQ83P.jpg
…Oh?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Allegedly, most high ranking members of Feng Du call themselves by the names of deities of hell. Besides Ya… the Grand Master, there are Horse-face Raksha, the Dragon King Ao Guang, the Black and White Reaper and Meng Po.

Meng Po is the goddess of forgetfulness.

eW26ffM.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Only Meng Po is female. And the one who can survive “Icy Bat Palm” must be Meng Po.

vFoQ83P.jpg
Young as you are, you know quite a lot…

HKpwBf8.jpg
I have a question. Recently Jianghu is in chaos and many factions are attacked by Feng Du, is this true?

vFoQ83P.jpg
Humph! These nameless little factions are not our targets. The grand purpose is to… exterminate Cult of Tianlong… Cult of Tianlong!

Being reminded of Tianlong enrages Meng Po.

aJqEK7X.jpg

unR1ZzO.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Is… is she mad?

sSBLVww.jpg
She still has so much strength?

HKpwBf8.jpg
No, some unknown reason has caused it. She’s like the last radiance of the setting sun. Within a few moments like this, she’ll be dead.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, we must save her. She’s… she’s really a poor woman.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Indeed, and we have something to ask her.

vFoQ83P.jpg
Ouyang Xiao! Ouyang Xiao, I’m gonna kill you!

2Fn6YPH.jpg

qqVbYF4.jpg

wsXJJ06.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
She can also use the icy palm?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Perhaps it’s because of the cold venom. Be careful, or you’ll get into trouble.

vFoQ83P.jpg
Kill them!

CESusBI.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
She lost control of her breath and her movements are irregular… I’m not sure I can avoid it!

sSBLVww.jpg
Did you see the corpse on the ground? Use it to block her strikes!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Use it to block her palm?! Are you serious?

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s crazy, but it is the only way… sorry to offend, senior, please allow me to borrow your body.

sSBLVww.jpg
Our hands can’t be too far away from the body! Let’s gather near the body!

K6kLgfN.jpg
OK…

7ToagzO.jpg

Maybe when this is the first place you visit when the world opens it can be difficult considering the failure conditions... but now we can just take her down in the first turn.

KNEjeN3.jpg

All Meng Po’s attack inflict Frostbite, which is a status effect similar to Stasis.

qef6vIR.jpg

02E4gMV.jpg

Basically the corpse will tank her hits as long as the three are gathered around it.

hsDTftq.jpg

WDewAno.jpg

0OlrS4w.jpg

iJvMmCd.jpg

L4qz8XS.jpg

This beatdown was necessary to bring her back to her senses.

6c8qAbq.jpg

vFoQ83P.jpg
*panting*

HKpwBf8.jpg
Feeling better now?

vFoQ83P.jpg
*cough* Your inner force… is strong.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’ve used my inner force to protect you from the cold venom temporarily. Meanwhile, please relax and calm yourself. We’ll figure out a way to save you.

vFoQ83P.jpg
There’s nothing you can do… only the purest yang internal style can neutralize the venom of Icy Bat Palm. If the Hierarch of Ming Cult, Zhang Wuji, is brought back to life and performs the “Nine Yang Divine Art”, then maybe there would be a possibility.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Nine Yang Divine Art? It’s long gone, only Shaolin, Wudang and E’mei each have a fragment.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So we invite disciples of three sects and let them perform the Nine Yang Arts, then the cold venom can be cured?

sSBLVww.jpg
Isn’t the use of venom your specialty? Why ask him?

K6kLgfN.jpg
The venom caused by inner force can usually only be cured by a countering inner force. Ordinary medicine will scarcely have an effect.

HKpwBf8.jpg
With the help of three factions… Good advice, let’s give it a shot.

We have Shui of E’mei in the party already, and Fang Yunhua of Wudang can join too if we want.

vFoQ83P.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Can you survive a little longer?

vFoQ83P.jpg
With… blood… I can suppress the cold venom inside.

K6kLgfN.jpg
...Got it! I have an idea…

Wei Ziling has a silly plan to ensure Meng Po is provided with blood… by dressing up Gu into a Taoist master.

R37M8YM.jpg

OyfG1cO.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
… (Hahaha)…

lpgB4mD.jpg

It takes some effort to convince the villagers but eventually they are convinced and cooperate.

3DelJHt.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Remember, only proper blood would be fine. Unnecessary slaughter will only make things worse.

The next step is to find a Shaolin disciple.

AzirJTL.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’m not an actor by nature.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch! We’ve learnt the true martial arts of Taoism, not some sort of deceptive exercises.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hehe, not really. Do you remember the story Master mentioned?

sSBLVww.jpg
Of course. Master said he lived in seclusion in Qin Mountains to practice without food and water.

sSBLVww.jpg
A white snake curled itself by his foot and transferred into a beautiful lady expressing her thanks to Master. What an absurd story!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Back then you never doubted it and even caught several snakes, which frightened Xiangyun.

e10Flfl.jpg
Indeed, how could you be so naieve!

sSBLVww.jpg
I was seven back then, of course I would fall for his lies.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Actually Master didn’t make up that story. Illusions will reveal themselves if one has profound inner force. What we then witness are perhaps the wishes deep in our heart.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thus, someone in seclusion always claims to witness the gods and Buddha. Because of that, someone could lose their sanity during practice.

sSBLVww.jpg
That never occurred to me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It means we have a long way to go.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Idiot, the reason Gu told you this is to not narrow your vision even when surrounded by the usual. Those exercises may have a use. At least, people’s hearts will get some comfort.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hmm… Er… Ah, you’re done?

K6kLgfN.jpg
*sigh* Fools grow without watering.

HKpwBf8.jpg
In this case, Meng Po should be safe and sound for now. But we can’t delay anymore, we’d better hurry up and find disciples of Shaolin, Wudang and E’mei.

jvvg9Bi.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
We’ve already gained the support of Wudang and E’mei, but we know nothing about the monks of Shaolin. I don’t think those pedantic pilgarlics would save someone from Feng Du.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, don’t be rude.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It would be best for you to keep quiet in front of those monks.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, I’m not an idiot.

HKpwBf8.jpg
… (Blunt as it is, it makes some sense. Shaolin is not easy to deal with.)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, I’ve heard that Shaolin is divided into a northern and southern Shaolin, right?

HKpwBf8.jpg
That’s right. Northern Shaolin is located in Mount Song while Southern Shaolin is in Fujian. However, their martial arts share the same traditions.

K6kLgfN.jpg
However, the reputation of Northern Shaolin precedes that of Southern Shaolin. And the latter has less rules, like females being permitted to enter the temple.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I see. Asking for help from Southern Shaolin would be a better chance.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Indeed. You already know what I mean.

sSBLVww.jpg
Alright then, let’s hurry!

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LI: Southern Shaolin

Southern Shaolin is now accessible on the map.

(This South Shaolin Temple exists in real life, it’s in Putian.)

ZJ0LEA6.jpg

qUV6ztm.jpg

aVVUVhR.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Pardon me, I don’t know the name of this senior brother.

a4QP3tt.jpg
Buddha be praised, I’m Xuming, disciple of Abbot Wuyin. I still remember Mr Gu came to Shaolin with Wuxia Zi last year.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Abbot Wuyin? You are a disciple of Songshan Shaolin Temple, so why are you here?

a4QP3tt.jpg
The abbot is anxious about the Acquittal Period. He sent disciples to help others in order to prevent more incidents like what happened in Stringsword Manor.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Abbot Wuyin takes a broad and long-term view, he looks at the safety of Wulin as his personal mission. I really admire him.

a4QP3tt.jpg
I wonder why you are here today.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Here is the thing: Master ordered us to investigate the Acquittal Period. Recently we found a senior suffering from Cold Venom, but only Nine Yang Art can cure the venom. So we need the help of monks from Shaolin.

a4QP3tt.jpg
I see…

HKpwBf8.jpg
What’s the problem, senior brother? You can tell me frankly.

a4QP3tt.jpg
Let me tell you honestly, we recently heard that Feng Du will attack Southern Shaolin… we don’t know the strength of our enemy so we can’t take the risk to save anyone with Nine Yang Art. I’m sorry.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Feng Du? Is it really them or the Mysterious Organization?

sSBLVww.jpg
It better be the Mysterious Organization, I just want to find them!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Senior Meng will be fine in the short term. We shouldn’t turn a blind eye to South Shaolin’s quandary. We must help them to get through the present crisis.

a4QP3tt.jpg
I want to say thank you on behalf of Putian Shaolin Temple. Please follow me to meet the abbot.

A young, highly autistic monk shows up.

OgZ98yr.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Really?

sSBLVww.jpg
Where did he come from?

K6kLgfN.jpg
He wears monk’s clothes so he must be a Southern Shaolin disciple.

t7zWHC7.jpg
Uncle Xu Ming, look, butterflies.

a4QP3tt.jpg
Heh, Budong, you did very well this time, you didn’t hurt them at all.

sSBLVww.jpg
(There is something wrong with this little monk.)

a4QP3tt.jpg
Budong, I have important things to take care of and need to see the abbot.

t7zWHC7.jpg
I want to come with uncle.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Senior brother Xu Ming, who is this kid?

a4QP3tt.jpg
This is my nephew Budong who came with me to help Southern Shaolin. Budong, say hello to our guests.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Help? But… but he is…

sSBLVww.jpg
He is so young, I wonder if he will become a burden…

t7zWHC7.jpg
You are a burden.

a4QP3tt.jpg
Budong, Mr Ji is worried about us, don’t misbehave.

t7zWHC7.jpg
… Yes.

HKpwBf8.jpg
My junior brother speaks without thinking, please forgive him.

a4QP3tt.jpg
It’s a shame that when I first met Budong I thought the same as you. He got a severe fright at a young age so the development of his mind is slower than common people…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Poor Budong, he must have suffered a lot at an early age.

Or maybe he just broke an iron bar on his head too many.

a4QP3tt.jpg
But in return, Budong has a simple and pure mind. He devotes himself to Buddhism and Martial Knowledge. I’m no match for him in both.

sSBLVww.jpg
Oh? You mean his martial arts are on a higher level than you?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hey! You want to fight against him, don’t you?

t7zWHC7.jpg
No, we can’t fight casually.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Look, even Budong is more sensible than you.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsch!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, stop messing around. Xu Ming, could you please lead us to the abbot?

a4QP3tt.jpg
OK, this way please.

We must help the Shaolin with their problem before they help us.

RykZppO.jpg

gzNra9Z.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
We share a bitter hatred of the enemy and can’t just stand by.

qw70w6h.jpg
Buddha be praised, you must be Mr Gu, Fist of Justice. Are they your junior brother and sister?

HKpwBf8.jpg
This is Jing Ji, my junior brother. This is Miss Wei, the daughter of old hero Wei Bao.

qw70w6h.jpg
Well, well.

qw70w6h.jpg
Xu Ming, do you know who will lead the Feng Du attack?

a4QP3tt.jpg
I don’t know.

qw70w6h.jpg
So we should stand watch carefully. Remember, don’t kill anyone unnecessarily.

a4QP3tt.jpg
Yes.

qw70w6h.jpg
Amitabha, just make yourself at home. If you want to take a rest, please talk to Xu Ming.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, abbot.

There’s nothing much to do in Southern Shaolin. Unlike Northern Shaolin we can’t train here. There’s only some elusive poisonous insects to collect.

U29T5yq.jpg

We can only rest before the fight.

xW5Yr7L.jpg

TZoFqHY.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
He must be worried about the coming attack.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Is that so?

sSBLVww.jpg
Are the Feng Du coming or not? I feel bored just waiting here.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t you see everybody is nervous? You are the only one looking forward to it.

sSBLVww.jpg
There is nothing to be worried about. Senior brother and I will wipe them out once and for all!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, we don’t know the true strength of our enemy. Recently, Feng Du and Cult of Tianlong have competed with each other with ups and downs for both sides. We can’t underestimate them. We should pay more attention if they are related to that mysterious organization.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Listen carefully, brother Gu is really modest.

KABpbXs.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Finally, I’ve been waiting for too long.

The Feng Du are led by the Black and White Reaper.

k8coQ8t.jpg

LdfuXfG.jpg

qw70w6h.jpg

CGOK07g.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Be careful, Ji, Ziling.

We have a lot of Shaolin backup in this battle.

PMlSHCY.jpg

The Black and White Reaper are nothing to be afraid of.

XMKFu2o.jpg

yOdNvPw.jpg

The White Reaper goes down in the first turn.

lgptapO.jpg

gSj4yWD.jpg

I deployed Shi Yan because you can steal some really gud stuff from certain Feng Du if you’re lucky. But no such luck here.

0hUuOvt.jpg

The Black Reaper goes down in turn 2.

Niz7Apc.jpg

The entire battle is over in 3 turns.

BgN0cDu.jpg

Y3luWEP.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
That’s a big tone for a loser.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It would be stupid to let them return. Brother Gu, Monkey, we can’t let them go.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey, I like what you said.

qw70w6h.jpg
Buddha be praised, just let them go!

sSBLVww.jpg
!?

K6kLgfN.jpg
But… why?

qw70w6h.jpg
Buddha be praised. Disciples, take the wounded and the dead to the backyard. Burn incense and sutras and release their souls from suffering.

0V3Fs8O.jpg

We won the battle but some questions remain.

XFHE87j.jpg

qw70w6h.jpg
I know their reason for coming here. It’s all because of something I did in my early years. I can only blame myself.

qw70w6h.jpg
So many disciples died for me. Buddha be praised, I feel sorry for that.

qw70w6h.jpg
Buddha be praised, a planted seed will grow. I appreciate your assistance. I will deal with them alone if they return. I don’t want any Shaolin disciples to get involved in this.

a4QP3tt.jpg
Abbot, you can’t do that.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Jianghu is turbulent at present. Abbot is the master not only of South Shaolin but also the whole of Jiangnan. Please reconsider it.

Budong goes full retart out of the blue.

t7zWHC7.jpg
Ahahah!!

0uAJ1ON.jpg

t7zWHC7.jpg
My mother said not to…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Budong, what’s wrong with you?

t7zWHC7.jpg
Prince Qin, where are you…

sSBLVww.jpg
What is he talking about? I can’t hear it clearly.

qw70w6h.jpg
Budong is too young. He may be exhausted and confused after fighting.

t7zWHC7.jpg
Imperial Guard. I don’t know, don’t hurt mum…

a4QP3tt.jpg

ztX0XGK.jpg

a4QP3tt.jpg
I... I’m fine.

qw70w6h.jpg
Buddha be praised. Could you please take Budong inside to have a rest?

qw70w6h.jpg
Xu Ming, I have something to tell you. Come with me.

a4QP3tt.jpg
Yes, abbot.

K6kLgfN.jpg

We got a leg technique as a reward for the battle. It’s good enough for Ziling to learn.

gJIje3T.jpg

giTx8xZ.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LII: Sins of the father

The next morning we’re not yet done with the Southern Shaolin. Xu Ming has an odd request.

rCnhQL5.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
He was talking in his dream last night. He was saying “I don’t know, no, Prince Qin” again and again.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Budong was yet young when the whole family of Prince Qin was murdered. He shouldn’t know about such things…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Eh, he seemed as frightened as if he had been there.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Right…

HKpwBf8.jpg
According to what the Feng Du said yesterday, they won’t be back for some time. We should stay here for a while.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph, there is still no winner between those people and me.

K6kLgfN.jpg
The purpose of Feng Du was Master Tianwu. It looks like they are not related to the Acquittal Period.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We should be more careful and protect Master Tianwu because of this…

I9KJer9.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Brother Xu Ming, why are you in such a hurry?

a4QP3tt.jpg
Somebody snuck in and stole Hongye Kasaya just now.

sSBLVww.jpg
Why are you so worried? It’s just a Kasaya.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Use your brain, it must not be some ordinary Kasaya since Xu Ming is so anxious.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph! It’s a Kasaya anyway.

a4QP3tt.jpg
There are things that you don’t know. This Kasaya is a heirloom of Putian Shaolin Temple. It is said there is a great secret in it. A hundred years ago, the grandmaster of Southern Shaolin kept the Kasaya in Putian Shaolin Temple in case of trouble.

sSBLVww.jpg
What is the important secret?

a4QP3tt.jpg
I have no idea. Nevertheless, Jianghu would fall into disorder if the Kasaya falls into the wrong hands.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The Feng Du could attack at any moment and with Tianwu’s death wish, Xu Ming must stay in the temple. We will find the Kasaya.

a4QP3tt.jpg
You have such a righteous spirit, Putin Shaolin Temple appreciates that.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s my pleasure, where did the thief go?

a4QP3tt.jpg
He went north.

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK. Ji, Ziling, let’s find him quickly.

iZYfO4y.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’m coming!

a4QP3tt.jpg

Contrary to what Xu Ming said, the thieves are found not north but south west of the temple.

Ag9BiBh.jpg

There are a lot of thieves but they are individually weak.

uQuOiPp.jpg

ZnO9rQc.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, Xu Ming told us the thieves went north. Yet we found them in the south… he made us waste so much time…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Maybe they went north as a disguise as first and then turned south.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Maybe…

xffXl3r.jpg

There’s a surprise back at the temple: everybody is ded.

uhl2psY.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Let’s find Budong quickly!

IbrgcuU.jpg

n9zVI3J.jpg

2T4w3GI.jpg

56nxMF7.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Abbot, don’t talk. I will take you to Doctor Miracle right now!

qw70w6h.jpg
I… I can’t hold out much longer… *cough* they took Budong to the northwest. You… you should… save him…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Abbot! Abbot!

sSBLVww.jpg
Damn it! Who did this, people from Feng Du?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu… Master Tianwu is dead, let’s save Budong first.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Good, let’s go.

To the northwest of the temple is the primary forest. It’s the place where Budong should be.

1JHVI0d.jpg

There are some hostile Hmong around but they are of no concern.

uq5Nhdv.jpg

Budong appears to have been seized by corrupt Imperials.

Bu7aARz.jpg

AElCaFu.jpg

xFq0ksU.jpg
Is the news correct? Is this little monk really the son of Nie Sheng?

Note that one of the Reapers called the abbot “Nie”…

xFq0ksU.jpg
It can’t be wrong. Our informer has been staying in Shaolin Temple for so many years and he verified it with great difficulty.

t7zWHC7.jpg
No, mum… let go.

xFq0ksU.jpg
Nie Sheng had a lot of good fortune in love. He was being hunted and still managed to sire a son. It’s a pity we only found his woman and son. Nie Sheng was heartless, but that woman loved him and didn’t tell us anything…

t7zWHC7.jpg
You are evil, die.

xFq0ksU.jpg
Right, where is Yu Ming?

xFq0ksU.jpg
Yu Ming told us to wait here. He will meet us after dealing with what happened with Shaolin.

xFq0ksU.jpg
It must be true. He’d better not be assimilated by these monks.

xFq0ksU.jpg
It can’t be, all this was his idea.

Yu Ming turns out to be… Xu Ming.

QmFl4sI.jpg

t7zWHC7.jpg
Uncle… Xu Ming?

a4QP3tt.jpg
Humph!

xFq0ksU.jpg
How is everything?

a4QP3tt.jpg
Nie Sheng is clever, he has been hiding in South Shaolin all these years. I finally found him. But he was stubborn like before and refused to tell us the whereabouts of Prince Qin’s son.

t7zWHC7.jpg
Uncle, I’m hurt.

xFq0ksU.jpg
It doesn’t seem like this one knows anything. It’s useless to keep him. Yu Ming, are you as soft-hearted as You Jin?

a4QP3tt.jpg
Don’t look down on him. The abbot taught Yi Jin Jing to a few of his disciples and this boy is one of them. That old monk didn’t trust me even when I’ve been staying in Shaolin for so many years.

t7zWHC7.jpg
No, uncle… it’s not like that…

xFq0ksU.jpg
Hehe! Yu Ming, you seem to have been a gentle uncle all these years, look at his face. Boy, your uncle is exactly the man who killed your father.

a4QP3tt.jpg
Shup up. Budong, recite the techniques of Yi Jin Jing and I will make it quick. You can reunite with your parents in another world. Your father didn’t know you were his son before his death.

t7zWHC7.jpg
My… father…? Ah…ah…

Budong faints just as Gu arrives.

sSBLVww.jpg
Listen, is that the little monk?

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s from the north, quickly!

frbvlhl.jpg

a4QP3tt.jpg
Humph, looks like everyone is here.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Xu Ming… you…? What have you done to him?

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are Imperial Guard? So you are the one behind everything in Southern Shaolin Temple.

a4QP3tt.jpg
We were just following orders. Don’t blame us for being heartless and cruel.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Did you lure us here on purpose?

a4QP3tt.jpg
Humph, you’ve heard too much already. Die!

sSBLVww.jpg
Not today!

These Imperials are pathetic as always. How did they even manage to kill all those Shaolin.

s5fEfLE.jpg

wcDHn3Z.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Are you here for Prince Qin? Does he have anything to do with Shaolin? Why are you this cruel?

a4QP3tt.jpg
It’s the secret of the Imperial family and none of your business.

t7zWHC7.jpg
You are… the devil…

a4QP3tt.jpg
I’m one of the men who hunted down your mother. Do it. Avenge your parents.

t7zWHC7.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Budong…

bwMymWg.jpg

a4QP3tt.jpg

t7zWHC7.jpg
Uncle, let’s go back.

a4QP3tt.jpg
Hehe…

yF4UKci.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What happened to him?

K6kLgfN.jpg
He poisoned himself… I was too careless.

t7zWHC7.jpg
Ahahah!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Budong!!

qnjgin7.jpg

We return to North Shaolin to wrap everything up.

W7PrIhG.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
You already knew?

52gVZIu.jpg
Xu Ming has been in Shaolin for years. Though I noticed his evil intentions, I didn’t know who he was working for. And then he seemed to bond with Budong. I thought Budong’s innocence might help resolve his mind. Buddha be praised, my mistake resulted in such a disaster. It is my fault.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We know you meant for good, abbot.

52gVZIu.jpg
Buddha be praised, thanks for bringing Budong back to Shaolin. I have a request and hope you can accept.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Speak it.

52gVZIu.jpg
Budong is still young yet has been going through a lot of changes. I’m afraid it’s not good for him to stay at Shaolin. So I wish you to take him with you on your travels.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I was just looking for help from Shaolin. Budong knows Shaolin Nine Yang Art and Yi Jin Jing. It would be great if I can get his assistance.

We add Budong to the party for a while.

mE4RrZv.jpg

Budong is stronk but his biggest problem is that he doesn’t kill.

But regardless, I’m not a big fan of staff users. I prefer to have a broadsword user around.

vUDGuaV.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LIII: Yin & Yang

With Mr Eunuch added to the party we can go and help Meng Po.

rptuctI.jpg

He’s actually a good party member, but if you’re gonna add someone with no balls & dink to the party, might as well get another gurl

tqlvSXg.jpg

gtK6SOQ.jpg

Back at Longjing village it’s time to get down to business.

sVgMO2J.jpg

Gub5Qbe.jpg

j60dG5i.jpg

vvnuDm5.jpg

Budong goes full retart again down in the cave.

ELFLyte.jpg

t7zWHC7.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
The little monk seems odd.

t7zWHC7.jpg
Save, Save, Save!!

sSBLVww.jpg
Why are you so excited?

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Budong, Jiuyang Arts demands your heart to be at ease. Though E’mei Arts are a little different from those of Shaolin, they both share the same origin. Calm down or we can’t save her.

t7zWHC7.jpg
Whatever, save!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Back in Southern Shaolin, I heard the past of Tianwu and Meng Po. Perhaps it triggers his sympathy towards Meng Po? But it doesn’t seem… that way.)

K6kLgfN.jpg
*whispering* Gu, maybe he misses his mother.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Well, it makes sense.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsch!

Shinji slaps Budong around a bit to have him snap back to what’s left of his senses.

epNwuLw.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Calm down, kid. Otherwise it will be your fault if she dies.

K6kLgfN.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg

t7zWHC7.jpg
… One punch, hurts, will revenge.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, what a vengeful monk.

HKpwBf8.jpg
But he has truly calmed down. Ji, you’re really resourceful.

K6kLgfN.jpg
*mutters* Of course he knows how to handle kids, that’s because he’s a kid himself.

The three Yang party members proceed to heal Meng Po but of course things are not so simple.

WFKhRYq.jpg

KYBqmve.jpg

vFoQ83P.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Hmm…

K6kLgfN.jpg
What’s wrong…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t distract them. Focus is of utmost importance, things will go south without that.

K6kLgfN.jpg
… All right.

IFPWqkl.jpg
How, how could this happen? At the beginning the cold seemed to disappear but it got worse halfway and now is even trying to get inside me!

t7zWHC7.jpg
Continue, don’t stop!!

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Calm the mind! … Don’t get distressed.

vFoQ83P.jpg
*cough* …Hahaha… Whatever, forget it. I should have known that guy wouldn’t cut me loose so easily.

K6kLgfN.jpg
…!! (A purple fleck appeared on her forehead, perhaps… perhaps!!)

K6kLgfN.jpg
You guys! Stop right now!

pkbWIyT.jpg

IFPWqkl.jpg
Coldflame Dormant Venom? I’m done with this!

rQkwX4Z.jpg
… I see.

t7zWHC7.jpg
…no, save… SAVE!!

vFoQ83P.jpg
Life and death are decreed by fate, throughout my life I have nothing to regret. Little monk, enough now.

It’s the end of Meng Po.

edjSyPE.jpg

n2Qbzcs.jpg

t7zWHC7.jpg
… Go on!

RD7HcrQ.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Seriously?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Whoever did this must be vicious… he already knew someone would use their inner force of Yang to help, so this strategy would cut off all solutions… It’s all my fault, I should have known this…

sSBLVww.jpg

vFoQ83P.jpg
*cough* …Hahaha, you’re a kind-hearted lady… quite unlike your master…

K6kLgfN.jpg
…?!

vFoQ83P.jpg
I’ll die anyway *cough* … since you… all try to cure me so arduously, I’ll tell you what I know.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Please.

vFoQ83P.jpg
I suspected that… the Acquittal Period… has complex machinations behind it long ago. That day when I investigated the Cult of Tianlong secretly but only to fall victim to Ouyang Xiao… and now look at me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ouyang Xiao… you mentioned that name before. It’s him who hurt you?

vFoQ83P.jpg
He disguises as a member of Cult of Tianlong intending to sow discord… and commit a lot of evil deeds. Feng Du… are perhaps not good people… but we’re not lowlives like him. *cough*

vFoQ83P.jpg
Through great hardships I finally found out his hideout… Black-Bat Cave. The exact location is on this note. Here you are.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Black-Bat Cave… this is one of the places marked in Great Xia Jiang’s letter. That Ouyang Xiao is surely connected to the mysterious organization.

vFoQ83P.jpg
You’ll get the truth from Ouyang Xiao. And there’s another thing to mention… Black-Bat Formation will block the way to the Black-Bat Cave.

vFoQ83P.jpg
Besides… as as far as I know Ouyang Xiao seems to have some plans against the young master of String-Sword Manor… Be sure to sabotage his plan before going to the cave.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I see. So Ouyang Xiao was the “Secluded Guest” behind the destruction of String-Sword Manor. We’ll get to the bottom of this.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Thanks for reminding me. Ouyang Xiao desired to manipulate me but thanks to Gu I’m alive and well. It’s a pity that he escaped.

vFoQ83P.jpg
Leave now. I don’t want to die seen by others. The followers of Feng Du are ghosts expelled by the world. “For what art thou delighted being alive? For what art thou fearful being gone? Beneath the Underworlds, flows endlessly the Hangquan…”

t7zWHC7.jpg
No… no!! Mom, mom!!

Z9w2qBq.jpg

For some reason Budong thinks Meng Po is his mother... and maybe she is.

HS4Ts33.jpg

t7zWHC7.jpg
Mom… mom…

sSBLVww.jpg

Fyffboa.jpg

WKjVHH7.jpg

5sYAPLl.jpg

64BogNs.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Even at death, she still remembered monk Tianwu...)

t7zWHC7.jpg
Ah… ah…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Budong, no need to cry, she’s already gone. And she… she isn’t your mom.

t7zWHC7.jpg
Mom… ahhhh….

K6kLgfN.jpg
*sigh* He lost his mother at a young age. Perhaps… Meng Po reminded him of his own mother… poor kid.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Budong can’t even speak fluently. There’s no way to know the truth.)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, you guys can leave now. I want to give her a proper burial.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s truly inappropriate for us to handle the remains. So we’ll leave it to you, Ziling.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I will stay and help.

sSBLVww.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji?

sSBLVww.jpg
I’m… really pissed now.

HKpwBf8.jpg

Unfortunately Shui now leaves for a while.

hLYhWE6.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Be safe.

We’re supposed to get her back later. In the meantime, Ren Jiannan can re-enter the party.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LIII bis: Budong’s parentage

The DLC of the game “Way to Nether” takes place 15-20 years before the pre-sequel and deals with the rise of Feng Du.

It shows the origins of the Feng Du bigshots including Meng Po.

Raksha in his young years worked for the Imperial Court under the protection of Prince Qin.

ji5aKQC.jpg

Prince Qin and his household were murdered at the command of the Imperial Court but Nie Sheng, the head of Prince Qin’s guard, got away with Prince Qin’s son and heir.

Nie Sheng put Prince Qin's son in a safe place, met Meng Po and had a child with her. Eventually the Imperial Guard caught up with them. Nie Sheng escaped and disappeared into Shaolin but Imperial Guard caught Meng Po and her child.

B5S5SsN.jpg

Budong is the child of Meng Po and Nie Sheng.

You Jin himself took Budong away and put him with the Shaolin apparently.

B6agTzV.jpg

Ao Guang and Raksha saved Meng Po who then joined Feng Du.

aaV5eCp.jpg

QaNGml4.jpg

zRYjqMC.jpg

Meng Po stars in one of the best stages in the DLC and indeed the entire game, where first she needs to sneak past a contingent of guards and then safely escape the eunuch head of Dongchang.

CoGcWhi.jpg

rBbZqAa.jpg

rLyoxZn.jpg

iX5Tcu1.jpg

So the true reason why the White and Black Reaper attacked Southern Shaolin is now p. clear.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LIV: Shaolin Attack

At this point in the game the generic, repeatable Tianlong encounters on the world map will feature two powerful enemies.

6AyVpCe.jpg

They’re two of the four Devarajas of the cult; apparently this is a rank above even the eight Guardians.

owsIG3A.jpg

05p9p2O.jpg

Especially the geriatric is tough but there’s a really good item that can be pilfered off him.

whOYz1E.jpg

F3FfF9q.jpg

Meng Po marked the Black Bat Cave on our map but we can’t safely enter there yet.

lR3Lkof.jpg

35MgAfE.jpg

hEgGOkP.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! That smell! Just how many bats are in there? It’s disgusting.

K6kLgfN.jpg
These are carnivorous bats. No matter how good you are they will just bite through every inch of your body… we can’t just go in rashly!

sSBLVww.jpg
That degenerate beast is in there, we can’t just quit!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Who says we are quitting? These bats are scared of Hmong’s goldback poison but this kind of poison is very hard to get hold of. If we want to enter we better bring a companion who can make this venom. We should retreat for now.

It seems another visit to the poison gurls is in order.

Back at Southern Shaolin, we can now train too.

os9v94r.jpg

We can train against a group of broadsword, fist or staff Bronzemen.

37CPBzg.jpg

This is the best place for training. Since you can only deploy three people they will reap a lot of experience during the battles.

BUECJOH.jpg

6f0k8gJ.jpg

3Y545Rp.jpg

y3HW1oL.jpg

1Rjr2mc.jpg

Back at Northern Shaolin we can now also challenge the top dogs of Shaolin.

Only the abbot is tough to take down, with all his defenses.

TkxeQQl.jpg

0NfeaiV.jpg

NKn1UBo.jpg

As usual this is a fight that should be repeated because you can reap some good rewards.

6Xnjhvl.jpg

A while back we encountered a rumour about Yaksha being imprisoned at Northern Shaolin. If we talk to the Shaolin at the gate an event will trigger.

maTaZwm.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I don’t know but we should fight them together.

sSBLVww.jpg
Fighting is my favorite thing, so why not? I just hope the enemy is strong enough.

Tianlong indeed shows up. It’s a bigshot of Tianlong (but not a Guardian himself), some mooks, some elites and even the Gambler and Pervert.

s7WsrXf.jpg

jXNPGte.jpg

UoYwBbO.jpg

The Gambler and Pervert are just ants to us now. We’ve come a way since we encountered them in Luoyang tavern.

TR5gBpu.jpg

Funnily enough Shi Yan has an interaction with the Pervert when she wounds him.

AQSVejI.jpg

pJIxqHV.jpg

If you trigger this battle as soon as you can this is probably difficult. But if it drags on long enough the top dogs of Shaolin show up.

DAbj1XO.jpg

Y5LiQuh.jpg

The Abbot can easily solo the entire battle. So in the end you can’t really lose here.

veveLWH.jpg

3IYBG6c.jpg

52gVZIu.jpg
Buddha be praised. Thank you for your help.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are welcome. They said Yaksha is imprisoned in Shaolin… is this really the case?

52gVZIu.jpg
No. I think those rumors are meant to provoke conflicts between the Cult of Tianlong and our temple. There are endless conflicts and I think there will be much more. We have to be mindful.

The reward for this is another Shaolin technique.

bv4i39s.jpg

With Shui taking a break from our party we had Ren Jiannan stand in for her. When he has mastered the Mountain Shaker skill he can challenge his old man.

eQzVV0s.jpg

MxX7u2K.jpg
Yes, I’ve read that in our clan’s ancient records before.

PjJBS3Y.jpg
Back then Master Mo was called “Blade hiding in Qin, Merrily the Blade sings”. That’s because he took along a sword hiding in his Qin. He gave it to my ancestors as a gift when he passed away.

MxX7u2K.jpg
(Father tells me so much, he wants to pass it along to me?)

PjJBS3Y.jpg
I’ve been worrying that you’re neglecting your martial arts but you never relaxed in your efforts. You can have it now but there’s one condition: you must pass my test.

PjJBS3Y.jpg
Jiannan, are you ready?

The key to beating daddy is to stun him with the Divine Sword internal style. Note that Ren Jiannan’s unique sword makes him immune to Stun.

HgHFrNe.jpg

lTBZdQ9.jpg

Daddy must be taken down quickly because he will spam pellets like a cowardly little bitch.

S9RpTEH.jpg

yhn8kXN.jpg

HMXyMC0.jpg

wkJAT9O.jpg

PjJBS3Y.jpg
Night Rain Xiaoxiang belongs to you now but remember to practice your martial arts.

MxX7u2K.jpg
Thank you, father.

MxX7u2K.jpg
(I admired the Xiao sword of Xiao for so long and now I finally get my own Qin sword. Unfortunately the tone of this Qin is bleak and I’m not good at it.)

This is the best weapon for Ren Jiannan.

qXXBWti.jpg

Back at the hidden valley, Gu can get an internal style by interacting with the chess board.

mCuoZDA.jpg

Tru0ZwC.jpg

Xiao Fu can pick up his best internal style here by interacting with the Qin.

JuUNQYX.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
I was obsessed by revenge so what I heard was the sound of killing and grief… that’s why I could be so easily controlled by the music.

2rfJBiu.jpg
There’s no such thing as dirge… that’s what this means… now I get it.

sSBLVww.jpg
I have no clue what you mean.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hehe… you never studied music much, of course you won’t understand. Though I have been studying with Senior Celestial Melody I only understand a little about it. Anyway, congratulations, Xiao!

2rfJBiu.jpg
I wouldn’t be around if you hadn’t saved me that time. The knowledge of music is endless, I will not have the knowledge of String-Sword Manor lost.

lC4IOJg.jpg

0Txz1mX.jpg

Back on the world map Gu encounters the Wapanese again.

jzGb8lB.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
It’s the Japanese… he seems to want to fight.

sSBLVww.jpg
You want to fight? I’m right here!

He’s a good fighter but no match to Gu.

SRYTjob.jpg

He is taken down with the Drunken Fist.

4yso64Z.jpg

BzPiopy.jpg

VhFhN9B.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LV: Cave of Horrors

Last time there was no one in the cave outside the Leshan Giant Buddha temple but now is different.

r6T73oS.jpg

ewLZazO.jpg

24s2vkl.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Eh, we should be careful.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph, you chicken, just stay here. I’ll go with Gu.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What did you say?! I… I’m going with you too!

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph, look at yourself. Just like a frightened chicken.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Monkey, shut your big mouth! Humph, I’m just afraid you’ll get eaten by that zombie!

sSBLVww.jpg
Getting eaten? Ha, you’re funny.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, Ziling, let’s go together. I will protect both of you.

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu, just take care of that chicken. I’m fine.

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK, let’s go.

EGtU7MN.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
… Do you smell anything?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You smell something? Even the hound raised by Miss Ji wouldn’t smell anything here… you should join the Beastmaster’s Manor.

sSBLVww.jpg
Are you saying I am a dog!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Heh heh… I never said that! It’s you yourself who’s thinking that.

HKpwBf8.jpg
No, there really is a weird smell coming inside the cave.

sSBLVww.jpg
Let’s get inside and check it out!!

cw1lGy9.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What’s with the yelling?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Look… look at that…

Of course where’s a zombie there’s the Puppet Master.

p8MrlRS.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Now that the body is here, the evil bastard must be around here too.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, the Master… he isn’t a zombie, is he?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master said a zombie is an incorrodible body preserved by special methods or by being kept in a dry environment.

So, a mummy?

K6kLgfN.jpg
But… but I heard people say that the zombie can move, just… just like this one.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Perhaps that’s the sudden returning to life of people at the brink of death, but that’s extremely rare. It has been exaggerated greatly.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! Are you done talking? This body hasn’t even moved slightly, did the evil bastard hide somewhere?

HKpwBf8.jpg
If so, we should be more careful.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It moved, it… moved.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Be careful!!

We haven’t seen this annoying phagget in a while.

pNIDraT.jpg

YXInlYL.jpg

eYs6iAi.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
This guy… so scary…

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Don’t worry, though your martial arts are not good they’re still usable.

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t stand there, dodge!

K6kLgfN.jpg
My leg is numb!

sSBLVww.jpg
Pshaw! You’re in big trouble!

Wei Ziling starts the battle unable to move… but she can still hide in plain sight…

The Puppet Master is once again protected by a zombie. He can only be damaged by martial arts that work linear or in an arc.

hZERm3w.jpg

6C5NI4l.jpg

AQeOC5y.jpg

veKymG4.jpg

We were doing really well… and then Ji Wen arrived to ruin everything. She’s p. weak, the Puppet Master homes in on her and regains all his health with life stealing attacks.

S6iXrLV.jpg

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Heh, you were lucky to survive the Hiderigami Venom. Sea-hid flower, right? You are extraordinary.

Y2Bphb6.jpg
I will give you a moving reunion. Your grandpa comes back to you from the underworld. Are you happy?

h39YlEf.jpg
Shut up!

sSBLVww.jpg
You… are so annoying. Take this!

Ji Wen brings her dog but if it bites either the zombie or Puppet Husk it dies immediately from the poison.

dUvIGni.jpg

P3bdFkU.jpg

We use Ji Wen to lure the Puppet Husk away and in the meantime take out his bodyguard.

y8YIBqE.jpg

With three on one he goes down really quickly.

bb7lpkO.jpg

W0KZmke.jpg

FheGcie.jpg

sjKM2C1.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What are you laughing at?

Y2Bphb6.jpg
It is funny to play with you. But it seems the situation is disadvantageous to me. I am leaving! Hee hee hee hee hee!

h39YlEf.jpg
Stop him from escaping!

The Puppet Husk manages to escape using grandpa’s body.

sSBLVww.jpg
You need to overcome my sword first!

HKpwBf8.jpg
I won’t allow you to continue to do evil deeds.

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Hee hee. Do you want the old man’s body? Take it! Hahaha.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It is poisonous. Don’t touch it, get away!

0SVGZOR.jpg

PzopbVH.jpg

h39YlEf.jpg
Grandpa, grandpa!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t get close to it! The Sea-hid flower gave you some resistance, but it’s useless the second time. If you are poisoned by Hiderigami Venom again, nobody can save you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Miss Ji, I’m afraid that you can only burn the body of the Master here.

h39YlEf.jpg
Grandpa… how can this be? I, I can’t even protect… the body of my grandpa… *sob*

Q4u7qwC.jpg

3FiEQqv.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Now that the Puppet Husk has gone, young master Ji should go back to Beastmaster’s Manor first and take care of the funeral arrangements properly. And we should think about where the Puppet Husk ran off to.

h39YlEf.jpg
Right, we of Beastmaster’s Manor have found the hideout of the evil bastard. It’s near the Nameless Grave. I intended to take back the body of grandpa and destroy his lair but didn’t expect to run into you fighting the villain.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Nameless Grave? Could that be the stronghold of this mysterious force? That guy pretended to be a member of Feng Du, he must want to start a conflict between Beastmaster’s Manor and Feng Du!

2rfJBiu.jpg
What? Does that mean I blamed Feng Du wrongly? If it’s not you stopping me several times, I could have killed innocent people…

m4EheQ0.jpg

h39YlEf.jpg
These villains are unforgivable!

sSBLVww.jpg
If we ever find him again, we shall definitely not let him get away again!

h39YlEf.jpg
I raised several leopards with a purpose. If they remember the smell of the body, I am sure we can find him.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We shall delay no more. Let’s hurry to the Nameless Grave. Miss Ji, let’s meet up there.

Nameless Grave is another location on the world map now unlocked.

3sjhEgG.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LVI: Feng Shui

We find Ji Wen at the entrance to a tomb.

RUR7u8A.jpg

TKFibKh.jpg

ZT0aLSv.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Are you okay, Miss Ji?

h39YlEf.jpg
Sorry… I can’t help vomiting when I think of… grandpa’s appearance. Please get rid of this demon! I… can’t go inside with you…

HKpwBf8.jpg
You have helped us a lot. We will take care of things, don’t worry.

h39YlEf.jpg
Thank you…

Inside there’s first something else to take care of.

U1F3J7H.jpg

Bq97cBh.jpg

5AkDwOg.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! Don’t scare yourself. Look, that dude has feet and a shadow. Remember what is said about ghosts? No feet and no shadow.

e10Flfl.jpg
Don’t worry, that “ghost” is 100% human.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Damn Ji! Don’t say that word in this creepy place!

sSBLVww.jpg
And what word is that?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You…

sSBLVww.jpg
Aha! I get it, g… g…gg…gg…ggg… GHOST!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu! Can you make him stop that!

HKpwBf8.jpg
You two, break it off. Looks like this person is trapped?

sSBLVww.jpg
Why would anybody enter this tomb for no good reason? I have seen mice biting through walls but it is the first time to see a mouse like this.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, don’t gloat about other people’s misfortune.

y0WfqTq.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Mister, why are you pretending to be a “ghost” here.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humpf! This ain’t no place for relaxing. This fat guy must be raiding tombs.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Tomb raiding?

We took Shi Yan back in the meantime. She interjects here.

chaXoKF.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yeah, something like that. I heard Hu talking about this back in the valley. Many ancient weapons were brought into this world by tomb raiders.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Cao Cao in the Age of Three Kingdoms even ordered officials to administrate this kind of activity.

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s something… stealing from the dead.

sSBLVww.jpg
What’s the difference anyway? These treasures were just dusting there… there could be some good weapons even here.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Ha ha! Although you’re not much to look at, little hedgehog, it seems we do share some likeness!

sSBLVww.jpg
What are you blabbing about! Look at yourself, who’s the real hedgehog here? Don’t use those kinds of weird names!

pVNqlBx.jpg
Look at you, stung at the first sight, are you not the real hedgehog?

pVNqlBx.jpg
I am well versed in the art of Feng Shui and Physiogomy and I can tell from your thin lips and narrow ophyron you got a really bad temper. Just like hedgehogs.

sSBLVww.jpg
You…! How dare you!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
What does that mean?

pVNqlBx.jpg
There is a word for your kind, it usually means people who can turn their head to their back without moving their body. Legend says Sima Yi was a man like that.

Sima Yi was Cao Cao’s chancellor.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Most of that kind of men are ungrateful bad guys.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Turning the head to their back? I think only monsters can do that? I think he’s not that kind of guy.

pVNqlBx.jpg
It is a metaphor. It means this kind of man has ambition and wolf cunning. My take on the little hedgehog is that he has ambition and may walk on a wicked path to reach his goals…

Fatty has accurately estimated the little cunt.

lnF92Oo.jpg

pVNqlBx.jpg
Would you just look at that! Using brutal force instinctively, isn’t that they way of the hedgehog? Alas, I strongly advise you not to pick a fight with me, or… someone may die for it.

sSBLVww.jpg
Is that so? Tell me, who is gonna die?

pVNqlBx.jpg
Me, absolutely.

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
You’re an interesting fellow. But you are wrong on him.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji might be a little short on temper but he is absolutely not that kind of guy you mentioned. He and I learnt from the same master so I know him better than anybody here.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I mean, “wise” isn’t the word I would use for him but he is a straightforward man… that is his cute *cough* shining point.

sSBLVww.jpg
…Pst!

sSBLVww.jpg
…I am still not happy about this, despite what you guys said.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Fine! I apologize. Please, don’t just exchange words but help me solve the damn trap! I am just this close to dying here.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I just observed the room and found nothing strange. Did you find the solution?

pVNqlBx.jpg
The trickiest part of the trap is that the turn-off switch is located outside the dungeon! I can’t escape by myself. It would have been the end of me if you guys didn’t show up.

K6kLgfN.jpg
But if you know this kind of stuff so well, how come you still got trapped in here?

pVNqlBx.jpg
*sigh* Who would have thought so many days of planning got ruined by a stupid rat bumping into the trap panel.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Is this… the curse of the tomb?

pVNqlBx.jpg
No shit! Curse my ass, I have raided hundreds of tombs. If there such a thing as a curse I should be long gone now. Besides, although I got trapped here I still got you to come to my rescue. Ha ha! I shall not die today!

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t gloat too soon, how do you know whether we would choose to save you, hedgehog?

pVNqlBx.jpg
I… believe in you guys… with all my heart.

sSBLVww.jpg
Just cut that out! Since the first moment we met you, you just kept unloading trash on me. Why would I save an annoying man like you?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, our code is to uphold morality and justice. If Master knows, he will…

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! I was just running my mouth… sometimes you are just too stiff, you know that?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hehehe, Ji will never leave anyone in need of help!

pVNqlBx.jpg
I’m not the ungrateful type. If you guys can help me get my freedom back, you can take whatever you want from the precious treasure I found in the tomb.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Any warriors will absolutely be interested in this baby… if you know the identity of the previous owner…

sSBLVww.jpg
So who was the owner? And what is this “baby” you are talking about?

pVNqlBx.jpg
Please allow me to leave you in some suspense here, I myself am still not 100% sure about this thing. Once I get it, I will lead you to the main chamber and we can discuss that.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Main chamber… can I leave? I… I’m really scared.

sSBLVww.jpg
Okay, you can just wait outside… alone.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t leave me here!

sSBLVww.jpg
You talk too much.

HKpwBf8.jpg
First thing’s first, let’s get him out of there. Just hold on for a little longer. We will go disarm the trap.

Outside we disarm the trap. Just some snakes to take care of.

e4tmjjY.jpg

jgiaEIF.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
So that should do it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
!! Wait… venom odor! Gu, Ji, watch out!

QHiUIeb.jpg

X7IaTSj.jpg

4nnylSA.jpg

Inside, Fatty is now free.

oclzSLj.jpg

sLYel5X.jpg

pVNqlBx.jpg
Whatever! Besides, I’m a nimble fat man…

sSBLVww.jpg
So nimble you got trapped here?

pVNqlBx.jpg
No shit! Anyway, I should not argue with my savior. Bad karma. You will know my true skills soon.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Are you really going to steal the treasure?

pVNqlBx.jpg
Of course! After all this torment I will not leave here empty-handed! Follow me to an eye-widening new world!

pRcu6zj.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
I know you want to know the truth about the “baby” that fat man was talking about. Alas, only a living person can hurt you so don’t worry.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Relax, Ji and I will keep you safe.

sSBLVww.jpg
Haha, I know you are also curious.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Well… I listened to Hu’s stories while growing up, so… heh heh.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humpf… curiosity kills cats! Humpf!

939hJn2.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What now?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I… I don’t want to see anything horrible, so lead the way and I’ll follow you.

sSBLVww.jpg
…Troublesome girl.

It seems we need to wrap this up before facing the Puppet Husk.

jcrktwf.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
It… it’s freezing here…

HKpwBf8.jpg
The main chamber of the dungeon is built under a hole in the ceiling… I have never heard about this kind of thing.

pVNqlBx.jpg
That’s right. This is a natural corrosion hole and the inside is not totally dark: the moon light is coming through that big hole in the wall.

pVNqlBx.jpg
The puddle is explained by the rain water coming through the hole for years.

sSBLVww.jpg
Heh heh! Looks like the owner was well-off in life, the others are all buried in cold dark tombs.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Amateur.

sSBLVww.jpg
Who are you calling amateur!

pVNqlBx.jpg
Why, you, obviously. Take a good look now: the water is still. Despite the good look of it all, this is the most wicked setting in the art of Feng Shui.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Look at the eyes of this place: there’s a side where the moonlight shines and a side where it does not shine. At the side where the moonlight will never shine is the evilest “twin evil eye”. Judging by the situation here, I think we cannot stop the ritual now!

uFvrn26.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’m… scared…

HKpwBf8.jpg
We do not dwell in the world of Feng Shui but hearing what you just said, why would the owner choose his own burial ground here?

pVNqlBx.jpg
This is the setting of uttermost Yin. Whoever built this tomb in the first place had the purpose of taking the whole bloodline of the owner to eternal doom.

pVNqlBx.jpg
I can’t imagine anyone would do this kind of thing without pure hatred.

HKpwBf8.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ahhh!

sSBLVww.jpg
What now?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I… opened my eyes and see the… saw the…

htx4rKL.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
This is a dead dude’s tomb. Skulls aren’t that strange here.

HKpwBf8.jpg
But if the skull was placed alone on that stone slab, surely that is a really weird thing…

aYxHHcy.jpg

pVNqlBx.jpg
Heh heh, this IS the most wicked place but it won’t be any wicked if you only bury someone here. Besides locating the right place for the ritual, both “eyes” of the tomb need to hold the same person… take a wild guess, how do you separate a human into two different parts?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t say anything, I am so scared…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Who is the owner of this tomb? And who built this tomb?

sSBLVww.jpg
Come on, fat man, just spit it out.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Heh heh, from what information I have gathered, the owner of the tomb is highly likely the Hierarch of the Cult – Dongfang Bubai!

ulrey56.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Dongfang Bubai? The ultimate warrior? So he was buried here?

Dongfang Bubai, literally "Invincible East", is a fictional character in the wuxia novel The Smiling, Proud Wanderer by Jin Yong. He is the leader of the Sun Moon Holy Cult (日月神教; Rì Yuè Shén Jiào), an "unorthodox" martial arts sect. In his quest to dominate the wulin (martial artists' community), he castrated himself to fulfil the prerequisite for learning the skills in a martial arts manual known as the Sunflower Manual (葵花寶典; Kuíhuā Bǎodiǎn), and became a formidable martial artist after mastering those skills. His castration and supreme prowess in martial arts make him one of the most memorable characters in Jin Yong's wuxia universe even though he appears in only one chapter of the novel. His name has also become virtually synonymous with homosexuality and LGBT sexual orientations in Chinese popular culture.

sSBLVww.jpg
I thought you were scared?

K6kLgfN.jpg
It’s because I have just heard even more shocking news!

HKpwBf8.jpg
It it is really Dongfang Bubai who was buried here… then it explains the vicious purpose of the builder.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Yeah. Everyone turned their back on Dongfang Bubai in the end. All of his formal officers were taken over by his rival.

pVNqlBx.jpg
His rival’s hate for him was so great, yet he also wanted to give an impression of a generous forgiver so in the end, the rival decided to build this tomb for his own archenemy.

pVNqlBx.jpg
And he chose to bury the head and body in the two evil eyes of the place…

sSBLVww.jpg
But the way I see it, it is all for naught. The dude is already dead, what does it matter where to bury him?

pVNqlBx.jpg
Ha ha ha, that’s the attitude I like.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Okay! Hierarch, rest in peace, you are long gone by now and sharing is caring. All for the living, right?

We need to pick one treasure out of several choices.

uqqxEEN.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Why would you be interested in art books and just leave all this jewelry here?

pVNqlBx.jpg
I have more jewelry than I can spend. Besides, who says you need to be an arte master to collect art books? Some lords can’t even read, yet they still spend tons of money to buy copybooks.

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s one way to see it.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey! Hedgehog, don’t forget about your promise.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Eh? Pro… promise?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, even if he promised to distribute the items we were acting out of kindness not the desire for payment.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Even if he never gives us anything, still we can’t ask… it’s just… keeping a promise is basic moral standard…

sSBLVww.jpg
I see you have learnt the way of normal people from that little brat.

pVNqlBx.jpg
I… I didn’t say I wouldn’t give you the treasure! Just… just take one, is that okay? Please, you guys did save me but I myself brushed my brains to get in here. If I can’t bring the loot back…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Oh? So there is a group? What kind of group is only interested into art books?!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Who… who… what is your true name?

pVNqlBx.jpg
Heh heh, as the legend goes…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Is your name “Yue”?

pVNqlBx.jpg
Heh heh, my surname is Yue, just call me Fat Yue.

K6kLgfN.jpg
FAT… Yue! So Yue Zai of the Treasury is your…

pVNqlBx.jpg
My what?

HKpwBf8.jpg
So… you are the young master of the Treasury?

sSBLVww.jpg
NO WAY, your dad is the strongest warrior in the world, how did you become lame like this?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I thought the young master of the Treasury would be a Casanova of casual and elegant bearing…

pVNqlBx.jpg
It’s been so long since I left, I shall not fail them. Just pick one from this heap of art books!

There’s an internal style, a broadsword skill, a whip skill and sword skill. We pick the broadsword skill.

zkNIjL1.jpg

We need to deal with the Puppet Husk before adding Fatty to the party.

bVRUpDn.jpg

T2GLGBo.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
So what they said is true: “Never judge by appearance”…

sSBLVww.jpg
So all the rare art books of the Treasury must come from that fatty…

sQsIxgs.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LVII: Heart of Darkness

It’s time to remove the Puppet Husk from premises.

lXkoegR.jpg

A0LPCmt.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Lady Ji’s dog is barking viciously… looks like the devil’s hideout is right here.

sSBLVww.jpg
He will not escape this time.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Father… every single person of Stringsword Manor… I’m avenging you!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Xiao, I know your heart is aching for revenge but we have dealt with that devil before. He is no simple villain, we should be careful here.

2rfJBiu.jpg
I know.

sSBLVww.jpg
Let’s go and end the wicked man!

KYsqxCf.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
My God… so many…!!

LI4akxe.jpg

Y2Bphb6.jpg
And here is it, the place of the most wicked. The Yin power flows through here, this is the place of the dead. Put the body in the earth here and wait seven more days, then dig the body up and put it in the cedarwood coffin. Suspend it in the air, away from the flow of earth… heh heh.

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Pour the blood of ravens on the body and use the Yin Bagua Formation to absord the flow of most of the Yin. Wait another 49 days and the zombie is done. These zombies are just like my babies.

HKpwBf8.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
This man is crazy!

sSBLVww.jpg
No more talking! You wicked evil! I’ll bury you here!

2rfJBiu.jpg
You… you!! I have waited so long… waiting for judgement day! Feel the retribution!

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Such coincidence. Look, my Golden Corpse, my masterpiece, is finally done. Everything dies, only zombies live forever. I’ll make you my pets AFTER I kill the lot of you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
… Eh! Eh! How…?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, what’s up?

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s right… the zombie on the right… it’s Master Ye of Kongtong Sect! I remember he came to my birthday party last year…

sSBLVww.jpg
…!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
… That is indeed Master Ye. And the one on the left… is the son of the Master of Huashan Sect, Cao Yinshan. He was reported missing for a long time…

The Puppet Husk is literally using these two as puppets on a string.

Y2Bphb6.jpg
Heh! Heh! I gotta say, you are really good at it. I’ll give you one more question: which is better? The living version or the zombie version?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Damn you…

Ziling tries to use poison suddenly but of course they’re all immune.

7ka4CTj.jpg

V6W7Yax.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
Guys, I have only one request. Let me finish this man.

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK. The strings he uses to control the zombies are stronger than knives. And there’s a pale light on it, so it must be coated with venom. We can’t stop the zombies by cutting off the strings.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We must destroy the zombies first. Without them, that man is nothing. Seniors… forgive me.

l3CLh9A.jpg

CDBn7Jm.jpg

The battle is lost when Xiao Fu dies but it should be easy enough to keep him alive.

v5mX2ZL.jpg

QkZmPQ8.jpg

The Puppet Husk hasn’t become stronger but he now has the toughest body guards.

hBwlVl6.jpg

BH0r0Im.jpg

The Puppet Husk actually becomes tougher when he loses his puppets.

fUCvfYz.jpg

R4hW2Sw.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
He is faster now!

HKpwBf8.jpg
He was hiding his power… now he can move more swiftly without manipulating the bodies.

When the second corpse is down, there is a final trick.

7n3zjby.jpg

99nmCZK.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What are these bugs… coming out of the body?

K6kLgfN.jpg
These bugs live on rotten flesh… be careful!

Chu Hui takes out almost all the bugs with one move.

wWNekwJ.jpg

PhGAqZp.jpg

aD3orUd.jpg

When the Puppet Husk is all alone, he will be invulnerable. Xiao Fu is needed to dispel it with one of his melodies, then he can be taken down.

iuPj9Oy.jpg

vKHbD9u.jpg

7ms1wrv.jpg

8V00WC1.jpg

As promised Xiao Fu takes him down for all time.

Kf4FvGh.jpg

Qct41qX.jpg

In the aftermath there’s a lot of cleaning up to do.

rlmVZUT.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
So many bodies here… many of which we know. Zhao Yiping of Mantis Fist, Huang He of Xing Yi Clan, Cui Daoning of Stone Salt… who knows how many more this Puppet Husk killed!

sSBLVww.jpg
Such a wicked man…

K6kLgfN.jpg
These bodies are filled with Vicious Poison, only by burying them into the ground and let the earth devour the venom can these things be destroyed…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Let them have their final dignity…

sSBLVww.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
It shall be done, we should bury the bodies. The evil is gone, rest in peace…

sSBLVww.jpg
I will dig.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Let me help.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Gu, I want to bury the Puppet Husk also. Even though he was the villain, in death all is equal.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Xiao, I see you have changed.

Ji Wen could have become a party member at this point, but she doesn’t. Apparently she wasn’t popular enough compared to Xiangyun and others.

snkw150.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
We could never have found this hideout without your help.

h39YlEf.jpg
This was my responsibility as well.

HKpwBf8.jpg
This people are more evil than the devil himself. The mysterious force behind them can only be enormous.

2rfJBiu.jpg
It’s just like the fox and the hunter. If we do not find the real mastermind and destroy him there will be no peace. The burden on your shoulders is heavy, I will lend my strength to you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thanks.

h39YlEf.jpg
Although my power is not something to look at… if there’s anything Beastmaster’s Manor can do please come to us.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Lady Ji, goodbye.

h39YlEf.jpg
Where are Jing Ji and Ziling?

2rfJBiu.jpg
They are comforting each other.

h39YlEf.jpg
Ah?

2rfJBiu.jpg
She is just a girl.

h39YlEf.jpg
Gu, your friend here talks in riddles. Going along with him must be hard.

Shinji and Ziling are sharing a moment.

xV6YLZi.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ji… I’m afraid.

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
All these people... died for nothing. I just realized what we are dealing with… what evil can do…

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’m so scared…

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t be silly now. I will never leave you alone.

K6kLgfN.jpg
… you promise?

sSBLVww.jpg
I promise.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Pinky swear then.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! No problem.

When we return to the Puppet Husk hideout, there are some goodies in one of the graves.

ypCuUKg.jpg

jD6JBY2.jpg

Only an eunuch can use these apparently powerful skillz… so Fang Yunhua.

sbiY2HG.jpg

CcaRxzt.jpg

IO4KOFV.jpg

M7iBiTU.jpg

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LVIII: Snowfield

Outside the Nameless Grave Fatty can now be recruited.

I0YLXnE.jpg

Fatty is one of the best characters in the game.

iwc5IiI.jpg

It’s a matter of preference whether to use him or Shi Yan. Unlike Shi Yan, he will never go awol in combat.

XRqzM0p.jpg

With the Cheater dice equipped he will occasionally dual strike. If the dual strike triggers together with the “coin toss”, the damage he inflicts is monstrous.

r9NxoRc.jpg

It’s also a good idea to have him learn Flicking finger.

cW17mbn.jpg

His default internal style is really gud as well.

YgfHz5p.jpg

Fatty will steal some stuff Shi Yan has no interest in, in particular art books.

AFiOYQb.jpg

4vrud6Z.jpg

With Fatty in the party it’s also possible to buy an expensive anachronistic item in the Luoyang pawn shop.

wshVdJX.jpg

It is sure to come in useful later.

Lastly with Fatty around, now occasionally a Treasury vendor will appear who sells art books.

vLOjzQT.jpg

3xgQMRk.jpg
Young… young master!! I…I…

pVNqlBx.jpg
Am I right?! Humph, how dare you! My father must punish you!

3xgQMRk.jpg
Please, young master! Please don’t tell Master… I’m just selling the copies, not the originals!

pVNqlBx.jpg
Humph! Save your words! Just explain yourself to my father!

3xgQMRk.jpg
NOOOOO! Young master, please calm down! I will give 70% of the profits to you!

pVNqlBx.jpg
70%? Hello, somebody help! Catch this guy!

3xgQMRk.jpg
80%... no, 90%, OK? Young master, please be quiet!

pVNqlBx.jpg
Humph, that’s more like it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You fatty, I thought you were a respectable collector. Humph, now I’m thinking I was wrong. You are just a mammonist.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Mammonist?! What are you talking about! We are collecting those martial arts for the whole of Wulin! See? They are very precious treasures, they cannot become lost!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Bullshit…

Occasionally you can buy something gud here.

YoQCpMa.jpg

On the way back from Nameless Grave is another random encounter.

LhcSN2S.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Look, brother Gu, they are young lady Ji of Beastmaster’s Manor, Hierarch Lan of Poisonous Dragon Clan and Gong Guangjie of Baicao Clan. They seem to quarrel with each other intensely.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s go and see what’s going on.

FKmJ8YZ.jpg

JZMp78j.jpg

AoGUQLs.jpg

We need to pick a side here. Supporting Ji Wen gives a martial skill we can’t do anything with yet.

ucwvFHe.jpg

In the far north a new location is now accessible.

gMRhk8k.jpg

VejJVJf.jpg

The top dogs in Wulin are sparring here.

clECdfL.jpg

bU1o6YW.jpg

AYB5cvv.jpg

q6aEDb0.jpg
Yes.

Geq7e5Z.jpg
That is really something… these two broadsword techniques counter each other, yet mastered them both.

q6aEDb0.jpg
I call this Steaming Fiery Water Sword.

emabqmw.jpg

B21vKAR.jpg

eBYSdkk.jpg

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Heh heh. Time flies…

q6aEDb0.jpg
Shame I still can’t beat your Nullification Quan. Here you are.

Ng1VRhA.jpg

eq9yaeJ.jpg

Geq7e5Z.jpg
That is some really nice tea. Clovershrub, I guess? With your inner force of Zixia and the purest water from the Lake of Heaven… this is some tea to remember.

q6aEDb0.jpg
You flatter me.

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Yue, your Treasury has more art books than the stars in the sky. I still can’t understand why you are so into the Nullification Quan?

q6aEDb0.jpg
This is different. Nullification Quan was created by Old Urchin. Now only two men know this. After the battle of Xiangyang, only you know how to use it.

q6aEDb0.jpg
You know me, I’m always curious. After mastering the Golden Crow and Snowfall, I still can’t match you.

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Your Steaming Fiery Water Sword is strong. I think you can beat me in no time.

q6aEDb0.jpg
Then we will duel again next year.

Geq7e5Z.jpg
You lads over there, wanna join the conversation?

UwaG3EQ.jpg

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Heh heh heh! Don’t worry, apprentice of Wuxia Zi.

HKpwBf8.jpg
How do you know we are from Xiaoyao Valley?

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Your internal style feels Xiaoyao sect, but the girl…

K6kLgfN.jpg
I am Wei Ziling from castle Wei. Wei Bao is my father.

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Heh! What are you doing here, in this cold place? Are you trying to replicate the Ice jade to improve your internal style?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Actually we were just passing through here. We are travelling to investigate the Acquittal Period.

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Acquittal Period… what is that? Yue, if you know something, just tell them.

q6aEDb0.jpg
I don’t think I can help. Sorry I can’t help you with that.

sSBLVww.jpg
I am Jing Ji from Xiaoyao Valley, it’s a pleasure, sir.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Ji…)

K6kLgfN.jpg
(manners?!)

sSBLVww.jpg
My master used to say Tianji Taoist and the Lord of the Treasury are the best of the best. If I could practice with you two seniors…

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Hehe! I am an old man, I have only one fight a day now. Yue?

q6aEDb0.jpg
When I found the Treasury, I made a rule. Any outsiders who want to learn from us must provide us with equal martial knowledge. We can trade.

q6aEDb0.jpg
Most of Xiaoyao sect’s arts have been lost. I am interested in Snapping Plum of Mount Tianshan and Northern Dark Sea art. But I don’t think you will part with these.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Well…

sSBLVww.jpg
…My apologies.

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Ji seems sad…)

Unexpectedly the Chong-Ling Swordsmanship sidequest draws to a close here.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Senior Yue, are there really many rare art books in the Treasury?

q6aEDb0.jpg
Yes.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Do you have Chong-Ling Swordsmanship?

q6aEDb0.jpg
Are you talking about the art Great Xia Ling Hu used on the summit of Song Shan mountain?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Exactly.

q6aEDb0.jpg
That is a legend by now…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Senior Yue, if I can master the Chong-Ling Swordsmanship, can I trade with the art in the Treasury?

q6aEDb0.jpg
Heh heh heh! Interesting thoughts indeed. Although the Chong-Ling Swordsmanship has no real power it is part of the legend. If you can remaster it, I will trade it for equal martial knowledge.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So we have a deal now, senior. What art can I trade the Chong-Ling Swordsmanship for?

q6aEDb0.jpg
The arts in the Treasury are divided into four classes: Tian, Di, Xuan and Huang. Judging by the skill the move can only be Huang but considering its background story, it can be considered Di class.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I understand.

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Heh! I have business to attend to so I need to go now.

q6aEDb0.jpg
What could someone as lazy as you possibly have to do?

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Nothing, just some old business. Ta ta.

It seems Yue Zaiyuan is Fatty’s dad.

puhAr31.jpg

pVNqlBx.jpg

q6aEDb0.jpg
It’s you!?

pVNqlBx.jpg
Not me! You can’t see me, can’t see me!

c5t4NL4.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
This is the book of Chong-Ling Swordsmanship, please check it.

q6aEDb0.jpg
Well, let me have a look. Hehe, I see. This is really the book of Chong-Ling Swordsmanship. I have promised I would exchange a martial art with you if you could find this. What do you want?

sSBLVww.jpg
(I wonder if she will exchange her leg martial art or her skilled poison art?)

K6kLgfN.jpg
I have witnessed the fight between you and Master Tianji. You combine the broadsword art of Golden Roof with Snowberg Swordsmanship and created the “Steaming Fiery Sword”. I like this both offensive and defensive martial art.

sSBLVww.jpg
!! You…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hehe!

q6aEDb0.jpg
I see. You are seeking the Swordsmanship for him. Anyway, this Steaming Fiery Water Sword is indeed very suitable for him.

K6kLgfN.jpg
… I don’t seek it for him specifically. I just… think this is suitable for him.

sSBLVww.jpg

q6aEDb0.jpg
A promise is a promise. I will give you the Steaming Fiery Water Sword.

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s great. Thank you so much, master.

sSBLVww.jpg
This martial art… is not achieved by myself. I will not learn it!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Why…

q6aEDb0.jpg
You don’t want to rely on a woman, do you? I appreciate your temper.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Ziling does it all out of kindness, but I think Jing Ji won’t accept it easily. I need to think of a compromise…)

HKpwBf8.jpg
I have an idea, master.

q6aEDb0.jpg
Name it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling has exchanged the Steaming Fiery Water Sword for Chong-Ling Swordsmanship. So, does it belong to us?

q6aEDb0.jpg
Of course. The Treasury will never take back its decision.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Then, can it be only passed down by studying the art book?

q6aEDb0.jpg
Of course not! I can pass it on to him in person. But he needs to take my three attacks.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Come on, you can achieve it by your own strength now, Jing Ji.

sSBLVww.jpg
But…

K6kLgfN.jpg

GdbI9pY.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
I understand. Please, Senior Yue.

PFVSrjN.jpg

Yue has the same internal style as Fatty and regenerates almost 2,000 HP a turn. You’d need at least two people to have a chance to take him down.

g6mNBAJ.jpg

Still, Shinji does well enough.

heHB49r.jpg

AZGBKKx.jpg

2bjF6Y5.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Thanks!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Great, Ji!

sSBLVww.jpg
*whispers* Thank you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Em, what did you say?

vvwMITe.jpg

The Steaming Fiery Water Sword isn’t as OP as one’d expect.

xrHV9Hu.jpg

There’s nothing else to do in this frozen place but talk to some Russians.

PEiEJdN.jpg

j6aTvfU.jpg

FIiapyw.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LIX: Poison loli

After dealing with Puppet Husk we should start to think about gaining access to Black-Bat Cave.

We return to the poison gurls for advice.

We are just in time to witness an argument between conservative Lan Ting and libulr Huang Juan.

0MMXysD.jpg

nkYrfCl.jpg

l5YifRB.jpg
Humph! According to you we should stop seeing those guys from Central China we met several days ago?

iDUkhW0.jpg
I didn’t mean that, it’s just that there are a lot of conflicts in Wulin of Central China and we know nothing about it. If we set foot in Central China without proper planning we may only meet with trouble. Did you forget? How many evil people from Central China have Poisonous Dragon Clan come across?

l5YifRB.jpg
We may not attack others yet we cannot make sure that the others won’t attack us. If we are content with staying where we are and reject everything from Central China, once they come to attack us we will know nothing about the enemy. Then how should we protect ourselves?

iDUkhW0.jpg

l5YifRB.jpg
You… you’re unreasonable. Humph!

LF4O2Rl.jpg

nFGL4bN.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Sorry Lan, we overheard you talking when we were outside…

iDUkhW0.jpg
It’s all right. It’s not the first time I’ve quarreled with Huang Juan about this. I understand that some people in our clan share her opinion…

iDUkhW0.jpg
People from Hmong territory are good at using venomous insects since ancient times. Yet compared to the people from Central China we are not that powerful. As master, what concerns me the most is the lives of my people. I want everyone to live and work in peace in their own land.

K6kLgfN.jpg
But Lan, people from Central China are not all bad! It’s just like not all people from Hmong territory are all good people?

iDUkhW0.jpg
I know this for sure. But to be honest, the conflicts in Wulin never end. The fact that the sects are attacking and slaughtering each other is known even in Hmong territory, let alone the people fighting for power with everything they got…

HKpwBf8.jpg
(What Hierarch Lan said has some sense… who knows when the conflict in Wulin will end…)

iDUkhW0.jpg
Our clan has lost 2 treasures: the Compendium of Toxicants and the Millennium Poison Frog… I really don’t want to involve our simple and nice folk into these conflicts, let alone… have them turn into people like them.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Compendium of Toxicants?! I have always wanted to read it!

iDUkhW0.jpg
*sigh* Once there was a Han who tricked the Holy Virgin of our clan and stole the Compendium of Toxicants. I have been searching in secret for a long time, yet it is still missing…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Lan, what is a Millennium Poison Frog? How can a frog live a thousand years?

iDUkhW0.jpg
That’s a poisonous stone my ancestor found by accident. It is shaped as a frog and released venom if soaked in water. If anyone drinks this water for a long time, it is a great benefit to anyone training Venom martial arts.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So magical. Lan, I really learnt a lot from this trip.

iDUkhW0.jpg
It’s a pity it was taken by a weirdo, or I could show it to you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Weirdo?

iDUkhW0.jpg
Yes. That guy had blue and purple skin and behaved very weird. He must have gotten on the wrong way while practicing Venom martial arts.

sSBLVww.jpg
He must be disgusting.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Since he has such a distinguished appearance he must be quite conspicuous, we may run into him.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu is right. We can help Lan to get it back.

iDUkhW0.jpg
That’s perfect, thank you.

We already fought that blue dude, he’s one of the Heaven’s Will assassins.

He shows up after a rumour.

r0wLwVX.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Purple skin colour… it is the same as sister Lan said. Can you tell me more?

LaNykSj.jpg
I also know little. They said someone has seen him at Leshan Giant Buddha.

4FIFB7P.jpg

FMe2uDR.jpg

R92HMB5.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
This guy… is distributing Venom scent all over his body and his purple skin is the result of more than seven kinds of special venoms. He is a total venomous man!

sSBLVww.jpg
So disgusting, it’s him who stole the Toxicroak! Furthermore, the body next to him… that belongs to the Puppet Husk… but it’s moving and talking?

K6kLgfN.jpg
No, he’s alive. He’s dressing up like a zombie. He’s covered in venom too, yet he didn’t do it correctly so his brain was ruined by the venom.

sSBLVww.jpg
He’s alive… no wonder you didn’t scream or something.

K6kLgfN.jpg

The fight with venom bro and some fake zombies is over as soon as it starts.

FGzFCnW.jpg

aK987kl.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
So what? You associate with these fake zombies, so you’re not a good guy. Confess!

e77Zor2.jpg
Don’t get me wrong, I just do business with them. Honestly… I kind of support you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
…?

e77Zor2.jpg
The Toxicroak of Poisonous Dragon Clan is my gift to you… hahaha!

sSBLVww.jpg
You can’t escape!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ji, stop! This man is fathomless, we can’t beat him… he is just testing us!

sSBLVww.jpg
Damn it!

00h2Z25.jpg

eeYdpnc.jpg

After this we will get help to get into the Black-Bat Cave.

yTz9CKx.jpg

iDUkhW0.jpg
Ah, this is our Toxicroak… you really are a great help. Here you are, please receive this as a token of my gratitude.

x0KoGq9.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
… (There are venomous insects floating on the wine.)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Of course we will take it, Lan.

iDUkhW0.jpg
You have helped us a lot, a jar of wine isn’t enough to show our appreciation. I have another gift for you. Man.

A cute gurl appears.

iZnIzDO.jpg

8t3ulI4.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Whoa… so cute!

iDUkhW0.jpg
How times do I have to tell you, you should call me “Master”. Let me introduce to you, Man is the best disciple of Poisonous Dragon Clan. She will be very helpful to you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Do you mean…

iDUkhW0.jpg
I know you have been travelling around looking into this “Acquittal Period”. I am the master so I can’t leave the clan for long. So I decided to send Man to go with you.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! Turns out you want us for babysitting?

xOtZzWv.jpg
Man doesn’t need others to take care of her. Man is good at using venomous insects and making wine. These jars of Wine of Flowers and Treasures were made by Man.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ji, me and Gu have been babysitting for so long and we haven’t said anything yet. Man is the best disciple hand-picked by Lan. She will surely help us, it’s you who should behave.

sSBLVww.jpg
You and Gu are babysitting? Babysitting who…? You! Are you saying I am a child!

vBiXu7Q.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, Hierarch Lan. Nice to meet you, Man.

xOtZzWv.jpg
Nice to meet you too.

iDUkhW0.jpg
Man still needs to be put to the test, so don’t spoil her lest she gets complacent.

iDUkhW0.jpg
These are all benefactors of our Poisonous Dragon Clan. You should assist them and behave during this trip, remember?

xOtZzWv.jpg
Yes, Hierarch!

iDUkhW0.jpg
I will have her prepared and when you are ready, call anytime.

We will add Oman immediately.

She is a good character brandishing a whip, a weapon with very long range that almost all enemies have low resistance to. Also she can learn some very useful AoE skills.

bCahXrn.jpg

Most importantly, she helps with finding poisonous beasties.

DJ0a7tx.jpg

Oman can dispel the bats at the entrance of Black-Bat Cave.

tDU4DiH.jpg

8rLRhHG.jpg

A4EGu3H.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Why are these bats so afraid of you?

xOtZzWv.jpg
They are not afraid of Oman, they are afraid of Oman’s goldback poison. The goldback is the natural enemy of bats.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, lady Oman, we can proceed now.

xOtZzWv.jpg
I am glad I can be of help to you guys. I guess Hierarch will reward me with something great for this. Heh heh.

Before entering the cave we will get Shui back first, however.

With Oman in the party there’s also a little surprise in the Primary forest.

ZLAKzIZ.jpg

iLouOB7.jpg

None other than Bang is around.

ipWMSgQ.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Wait, this is… Manman, wait.

xOtZzWv.jpg
Ziling, this guy is deeply wounded.

z8YKBhE.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
He… is indeed deeply wounded.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Looks like Bang has survived the Mahiraga after all.

Z2fL2iF.jpg
*cough* Cunning disciple of Poisonous Dragon Clan, shameless people from Central China, I don’t need your help, go away!!

sSBLVww.jpg
What did you say?

Z2fL2iF.jpg
You are no fighting match for Feng Du, so you found some people from Central China and colluded with Cult of Tianlong to destroy my Forkband. I look down upon you dirty dogs, especially Cult of Tianlong.

xOtZzWv.jpg
Bullshit, Hierarch would never do this.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are mistaken. Hierarch Lan didn’t collude with Cult of Tianlong. We were just worried that Cult of Tianlong would attack Forkband that day, that’s the reason we were there.

Z2fL2iF.jpg
I don’t believe you. You people from Central China are working together with Poisonous Dragon Clan.

sSBLVww.jpg
This guy is unreasonable!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Bang’s sect was just destroyed. It’s human nature he’s acting a little extreme.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hmpf!

Z2fL2iF.jpg
*cough* I said go away… don’t touch me.

xOtZzWv.jpg
Your name is Bang, right? Your wound is really serious, without help you will die.

Z2fL2iF.jpg
The Forkband is irreconcilable with Poisonous Dragon Clan, I’d rather die than be saved by you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You still don’t want to admit. Alright then, leave him be, Manman.

xOtZzWv.jpg
We are all descendants of Jiu Li. You are really badly injured, even Hierarch wouldn’t leave you like this.

Z2fL2iF.jpg
You are all hypocrites. I won’t believe in you. If you treat me well, I will take my revenge.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey! Are you mad? Even if you want to take revenge, you should go and find the weird guy in Cult of Tianlong!

xOtZzWv.jpg
That’s up to you, I only know I can’t leave you like this now.

Z2fL2iF.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Man, how’s Bang’s wound?

PFKAq7n.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Crimson spiders? That type of venomous insect can only be found in the desert.

xOtZzWv.jpg
You know where it is, Ziling? That’s great, then let’s go and get some!

Z2fL2iF.jpg
Humpf! Don’t think I will thank you for this.

xOtZzWv.jpg
What? Why? Why should you thank me? You are deeply wounded. It must hurt a lot, I just wish you to be rid of these pains.

sSBLVww.jpg
Aren’t we going after the venomous insects? Let’s hurry!

We’ll hurry as much as we did with Ji Wen.

We can give the Hmong wines to the dude in Wudang, but the reward sucks.

0wVn797.jpg

hYZiGhB.jpg

Back in Xiaoyao valley, we introduce two new party members to Hu.

wX4C8zX.jpg

ywsv5Jd.jpg
This is…

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t talk like you two know each other. He is just some tomb raider, Hu, leave him alone.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Heh, this man is really interesting.

uspj4cA.jpg

ywsv5Jd.jpg
You are too young to drink, little girl. I will make some dessert for you.

xOtZzWv.jpg
Why? I am one of the best winemakers in our tribe. I’m good at drinking too. Even men are no match for me.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LX: Ice Queen

Shui told us to find her at Eastern Ferry but she isn’t there.

An old geezer shows the way.

b4gBD6P.jpg

gaI5gXL.jpg
That old Taoist is really interesting! He is knowledgeable and also a witty talker…

"Taoist" is a translation of "仙", "Xian" that loses a lot of its connotations. Note that "Xianxia" is a rival genre to "Wuxia".

Xian is a Chinese word for an enlightened person, translatable in English as: "spiritually immortal; transcendent; super-human; celestial being" (in Daoist/Taoist philosophy and cosmology) "physically immortal; immortal person; immortalist; saint" (in Daoist religion and pantheon) "alchemist; one who seeks the elixir of life; one who practices longevity techniques" or by extension " methods for attaining immortality" "wizard; magician; shaman" "genie; elf, fairy; nymph" (in popular Chinese literature, 仙境 xian jing is "fairyland", Faerie) "sage living high in the mountains; mountain-man; hermit; recluse" (folk etymology for the character 仙) "immortal (talent); accomplished person; celestial (beauty); marvelous; extraordinary" (metaphorical modifier) Xian semantically developed from meaning spiritual "immortality; enlightenment", to physical "immortality; longevity" involving methods such as alchemy, breath meditation, and T'ai chi ch'uan, and eventually to legendary and figurative "immortality".

gaI5gXL.jpg
Luckily, he left here by my boat too. I listened to his interesting story of Jianghu again…

HKpwBf8.jpg
An old Taoist? It must be the one we met at the snowfield.

gaI5gXL.jpg
I have no idea! He also took a beauty away from Jingyun Convent when he left… both of them are just like celestial beings. Truly unforgettable!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Beauty? … Is she sister Shui?

gaI5gXL.jpg
What? That’s right… she is very bright and beautiful! Just like the Goddess of Empyrean in that Convent…

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t be like this anymore… did they say where they were heading to?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Be polite, Jing Ji… can you tell us where they went, boatman?

gaI5gXL.jpg
Oh, I remember, they mentioned the Founder’s Relic. It seems they wanted to find something.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The Founder? I understand. It must be the Relic of Master Guo Xiang, the Founder of E’mei. Thank you so much, boatman.

sSBLVww.jpg
The Relic of Master Guo Xiang should be with E’mei, Yuexuan. Do we need to go to Mount E’mei next?

HKpwBf8.jpg
No. Although Master Guo founded E’mei sect and passed away on Mount E’mei… everything she treasured was stored in Xiangyang City.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master Guo Jing and his wife died for the country after Xiangyang City was sacked. Most of their possessions were taken away by their subordinates. After several wars the Relics have disappeared without a trace.

Xiangyang was conquered by Kublai Khan in 1273. It proved the end of Song dynasty and start of the Yuan dynasty.

sSBLVww.jpg
Ah? Master Guo is so miserable, with nothing left after he died.

K6kLgfN.jpg
According to my father the Relics of Master Guo Xiang have been collected because of her special identity… as far as is known, some noble of Jin purchased those Relics for a high price.

Jin refers to the Jin dynasty of Manchuria. The Jin dynasty conquered the Northern Song in 1127 (which as I understand is the setting of rival wuxia game Fate Seeker)

sSBLVww.jpg
Your father is so knowledgeable… I thought that he was a bit as a boor judging from his name.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Oh my! Don’t be like this, okay? I will start to think you are mocking my father!

HKpwBf8.jpg
The Jin withdrew to the northeast after being defeated by Mongolia. And the one who’s in contact with Wulin of Central China must be the self-assumed “Duke Sai”.

The Jin were indeed conquered by the Mongolians, but later on they (the Manchu) conquered China and founded the Ming dynasty.

sSBLVww.jpg
How dare he call himself a Lord after being defeated?

HKpwBf8.jpg
This Lord Sai should be in the northeast, we can go there directly.

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s right. Hurry up or we will miss sister Shui!

The House of Duke Sai is another area in the north now open to us.

DNM6iiz.jpg

There are some Tartars here to play with if we want.

dD3APpG.jpg

IteBIM3.jpg

21A2Ako.jpg

BCyJVKs.jpg

RSmobmT.jpg

The majority of the guards don’t give a fukk though.

XIRuH4q.jpg

4F7n5BG.jpg

Shui is already inside but the actual Duke Sai is not around.

YvNlSE9.jpg

ZbWl44I.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Just tell me what compensation you want.

xrL4BV3.jpg

This Wanyan Cuck is apparently Duke Sai’s son.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Please return those to E’mei sect.

maWIxmj.jpg
Wait… I still have things to say. Even should I give them away… I can only give them to one of us.

maWIxmj.jpg
I heard about Tianji Taoist’s legend… and my father loves good advisors… if you are willing to join the House of Duke Sai and be his personal advisor… what do you think?

3BhDg4F.jpg

maWIxmj.jpg
Fine. But… if Lady Shui would accept my bed… I need more wives. Hehehe!

maWIxmj.jpg
My wife will never be short of playthings. I will give her anything the House of Duke Sai can get.

IdaXVXY.jpg

It’s usually not so easy to anger Shui.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Wanyan Kirk! How dare you! I am no whore of yours!

maWIxmj.jpg
Okay, okay, I meant no disrespect. Judging from your shape, you must be a virgin. I shall treat you softly.

Shui’s impulsiveness gets the better of her.

maWIxmj.jpg
Oh? What do you want with those weapons?

ycOGo1Y.jpg

maWIxmj.jpg
You can challenge all you want, but we need a prize… if you win, I will return the E’mei relics. But if you lose… what is your bet?

rQkwX4Z.jpg
My life! If I lose, I shall take my own life!

maWIxmj.jpg
That will be a waste. How about this: if you don’t want to be my wife, then please join on a trip for three days. After three days, I will give you back your freedom and your relics. Is that acceptable?

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I prefer death!

maWIxmj.jpg
No no no! No matter the penalty, we shall duel in fair conditions.

maWIxmj.jpg
The match will be held in three days. You two can rest in the House of Duke Sai as guests between matches.

Xeyv8Th.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I can take care of resting. See you in three days.

Gu, Shinji and Ziling arrived a bit too late.

hOxvUAv.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
We can’t lose to this scoundrel!

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Ziling, you…

maWIxmj.jpg
It must be the friends of Lady Shui. Where are my manners? Be my guests of honour and be witness to our competition.

sSBLVww.jpg
I would rather sleep in the street than in your stinking house.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We will be witness but we will find our own place to stay. We shall see you in the competition three days from now.

maWIxmj.jpg
Heh heh heh! Godspeed.

Next up we are at a local restaurant. We need to prepare for the duel with Wanyan Cuck.

VjAFZwX.jpg

c4RNeBS.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Ah, I’m so full! I need to take a walk. The cooking here is so much better than someone else’s…

K6kLgfN.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Ziling didn’t talk back?)

HKpwBf8.jpg
What is it, Ziling? Is something wrong?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Nothing, the food here is really good. I always thought the food of the northeast wouldn’t be a match for Central China but now I think I was wrong. I’m too ignorant.

loSYPqj.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
He is that good?

Geq7e5Z.jpg
He has a reputation here for his Broadsword Techniques. We might have a chance if Shui has mastered the Ice-heart Sword.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Thanks to your help, I have mastered it now. Jing Ian of Jingyun Convent has trained me a couple of days ago… I think I can do it now.

HvQxqRX.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
If I can’t win, so be it then. He disrespected me before, he will never do it again. An E’mei disciple will never be disrespected.

Geq7e5Z.jpg
What I meant is, you don’t need to die for this. Pull out your sword and let’s practice a little. You two from Xiaoyao Valley, stay and watch.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you for this opportunity to practice with you!

The Taoist is like Gandalf the White.

kgvRkya.jpg

2ztXf9k.jpg

He has a unique and very powerful skill called Kongming Quan.

2DcASgv.jpg

Shui can’t win of course but with her high evasion stacking due to Lady/Lady’s Sword she can actually hold out forever, turning the battle in a stalemate.

oZ5YDBw.jpg

Since this battle has no turn limit you need to make her lose at one point.

ZNccoYe.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I understand. Thank you for your tips. Senior’s art style is from Taoism but you have also mastered the essence of Buddhism…

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Heh! If you all have my age, I bet you will have learnt more stuff than me.

There’s now a p. cool section where Shinji needs to spar with Shui.

BzWp1BF.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Alright, I actually want to feel the power of E’mei Sect myself!

K6kLgfN.jpg
*whispering* Be serious now! Little lovelace.

pVNqlBx.jpg
Heh! You jealous now? Do you hear yourself?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t be silly! Nobody is jealous!

Shinji needs to spar with Shui three times, each time one day will pass.

This is actually a p. balanced match up. Shinji has more HP and deadly criticals, not to mention that Fight to the last blood talent. But Shui has the evasion boosting/stacking and dual strike capabilities.

g23LnNY.jpg

sQZA8Rf.jpg

WYlEjbT.jpg

wSUw9cB.jpg

Shinji got lucky during their match up in Chengdu but not this time.

XYx4ZMp.jpg

In between the Shinji-Shui bouts Gu can take a shot at the Taoist.

O1h7wzq.jpg

This battle is a pure stalemate, good thing it’s timed.

6yJyEHN.jpg

IXNv5qB.jpg

After their bout the Taoist will teach Kongming Quan. A very good skill to have. It’s basically Hexameridian Fingersword’s little brother.

zXy4sTf.jpg

wjWBakx.jpg

Shinji can also take a shot, but that’s another stalemate.

rOaPZik.jpg

After that bout the Taoist will teach the Dual Strike internal style, but only a few party members can learn it. Like Oman.

vNRlZsr.jpg

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Try drawing a different picture with each hand at the same time.

sSBLVww.jpg
Shame, I don’t think I can do this.

K6kLgfN.jpg
This is also too hard for me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It IS hard.

olrAzMP.jpg

RSvKHtT.jpg

Last edited:

Nahel

Arcane
It is really a pity the translation is so shit. It would really ruin the experience. Thanks again for the lp

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXI: Duel

Back to the Shinji-Shui duels, in the end Shui wins two out of three.

PeX4hm4.jpg

t5ISFEx.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
So do I.

Shui was supposed to duel Wanyan Cuck but he isn’t playing fair.

5PHeIGb.jpg

vwC3NQF.jpg

kNbtYMW.jpg

UQeU8rs.jpg

kjOs0ix.jpg

xyDgBwx.jpg

Surprisingly Shen Lan is working with Wanyan Cuck.

WxXrMy6.jpg

zdrj7UZ.jpg

maWIxmj.jpg
I will honour my words and deliver provisions to the village of Bai.

maWIxmj.jpg
Quid pro quo, eh? I know you care about the people. If you would be my woman, you shall have all the silver you want to save anyone in need. And you can also get a reputation for yourself.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Don’t touch me!! One more step and I’ll poison you with the same venom.

maWIxmj.jpg
Ouch, that hurt. Such a waste. A pretty face like yours, keeping company with venom all the time…

The venom seems to not have worked on Ziling at all.

VE8MjpN.jpg

5prNF0L.jpg

maWIxmj.jpg
My beauty… finally you wake! The Lady Shen really knew what she was doing! This kind of drug is very potent but it also need some time to work. Heh!

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Damn you! Using this kind of evil tricks…

rQkwX4Z.jpg
You too! Helping the evil… shame on you…

hSeSK3e.jpg

maWIxmj.jpg
*sigh* All you people of Central China, you swear to not meddle in politics yet are always eager to die for your country…

maWIxmj.jpg
My country’s plan for occupation has always been obstructed by you people… taking you will benefit my father’s project!

The original Jurchen people of Manchuria were conquered by Mongols and intermingled to become the Manchu people who conquered China and wholly integrated with Han Chinese. Probably Duke Sai’s household are original, pure Jurchen suffering from extreme butthurt.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
So all the work to obtain the E’mei relic was just for your plan?

maWIxmj.jpg
That’s my girl. Yes, you are right. I heard that all the sects in Central China are related one way or another. The relics have lured you and Tianji so it will also lure others to me.

maWIxmj.jpg
But what I didn’t expect is this junk would bring me someone like you… hehe!

maWIxmj.jpg
Your name carries some weight in Central China. I thought it was half the real deal and half the reputation of your master. But I never thought you would be hot like this… look at your face, your body… no wonder everyone wants to lay with you…

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Stop! I’ll punish you for talking to me like this!

maWIxmj.jpg
Punish me? Blades are too dangerous, I don’t want to cut your face. How about… you punish me in bed… hard. I promise I won’t fight back…

Ziling then finally takes some action.

AQYPOGk.jpg

YFCQAoG.jpg

YtA4ylP.jpg

Shen Lan double-crossed Wanyan Cuck.

VA5Nehp.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
What you don’t know is that I myself know a thing or two about venom so it wouldn’t be easy to use it on me without me knowing it!

K6kLgfN.jpg
I knew something was off the first day so I neutralized the poison in secret.

maWIxmj.jpg
Bastard! Worthless shit! Your venom is shit! Dr Strange… more like Dr Worthless!

hSeSK3e.jpg
I don’t need anyone’s advice on my business. You were never going to give me the provisions… so I didn’t do my job either. We are even now.

K6kLgfN.jpg
We need to thank Lady Shen! If not for her mixing of various kinds of medicine material into the poisonous powder, I wouldn’t have been able to devise the plan to trick you.

maWIxmj.jpg
What do you mean?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You still don’t get it? The names of those herbs are fake… so we just needed to pretend to be poisoned to trick you.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Wanyan Kirk, you drugged us and tried to imprison us. You will be answered by the law!

maWIxmj.jpg
Hahaha, what law? Your Central China law? I AM THE LAW! No one will ever dare to take the fight to the House of Duke Sai!

maWIxmj.jpg
Hear me! Kill them!

Unfortunately for him Shen Lan thought of everything.

IL1DMsL.jpg

maWIxmj.jpg
You again?!

hSeSK3e.jpg
So what?

maWIxmj.jpg
Humpf! You want to beat me? Forget about it, this isn’t over yet!

Wanyan Cuck is really nothing special. High crit but he can't even trigger Invulnerability.

ozls3E4.jpg

It is impossible to lose here because Gandalf is on our side and he can easily solo the battle.

But of course we must try to perform well in front of him after the training he gave us.

jBba5QE.jpg

p2T8pbz.jpg

Fatty finishes him off. It seems you can’t steal anything from him.

n90rHA0.jpg

wWeu0Qu.jpg

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Soaring Dragon Regrets to Come. No one can always win, you lose this time.

maWIxmj.jpg
I can’t lose here. Yeah… to the Forest Bunker… I gotta get out of here.

sSBLVww.jpg
Wanyan Kirk, why do you think you can get away so easily?

The idiot tries to abduct Shui and is finished off.

ocCyEw0.jpg

AaLSqKh.jpg

QzT15mJ.jpg

7sIFSaa.jpg

maWIxmj.jpg
Ah… Father… avenge me…

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Wha… what… I killed him?

Geq7e5Z.jpg
You are very kind but this guy deserves to die. You don’t need to care.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We’d better leave now!

Shui can now join permanently.

kGpUMKC.jpg

Geq7e5Z.jpg
That Wanyan Kirk wasn’t only good at brutal force but also at cunning… if not for you I don’t know what would have happened to me.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
You guys have helped me to understand my sword arte. For this, I owe you too much.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Nobody is owing anybody. It is our job to help each other. But sadly… even if we have dealt with that Kirk, we still didn’t retrieve your relics.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I think it is fate we didn’t get the relics.

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Okay! So I take it there’s nothing for me to do here? Then I shall go now.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We appreciate your help.

DSMawXm.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
We would like to ask you to be our travelling companion.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I would like the same thing. I need to report back about the relics. We shall meet again in Chengdu.

Xiao Fu should be happy with Shui back in the party.

KAoLeMi.jpg

yCrzG2w.jpg

Btw the reward for the battle with Wanyan Cuck is some Broadsword related stuff.

Yp08147.jpg

qctImAi.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXII: Desert

To enter the desert we need to pass through Kashgar.

M46r2BE.jpg

We’re no longer in Ming China but in Turkic territory.

F1RL7xQ.jpg

JXPIYg2.jpg

CKqKdv2.jpg

At any rate there are some sidequests to pick up here.

O37lZGy.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
120 years old, that’s a long life.

XowufAD.jpg
*sigh* But he has one last wish. I never fulfilled it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What’s your grandpa’s last wish?

XowufAD.jpg
My grandpa was a champion among clansmen when he was young. All the girls admired him at that time. My grandma was the most beautiful girl.

K6kLgfN.jpg
A hero and a beauty make a perfect couple. Your grandpa and grandma must’ve been very happy with each other.

XowufAD.jpg
Yes. There loved each other very much. But there was one regret in grandpa’s mind. He didn’t tell us until grandma died.

XowufAD.jpg
When grandpa was young he fell in love with a Li girl but they were separated at last. The girl left the tribe with the words “I just don’t like this life”.

The Li people are one of the 56 ethnic groups of China.

XowufAD.jpg
My grandpa couldn’t forget her words even after so many years. Grandpa was nearly 90 years old when he told me. I decided to find that lady for him and conducted business in Central China. I returned to the western region a few years ago.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What happened then? Did you find that lady?

XowufAD.jpg
No, but I learnt something about her. When she returned to Central China, she accepted Lu and Guan as her apprentices. They are the founders of Golden Wind Security Escorts and Changhong Security Escorts. You must have heard about them.

XowufAD.jpg
I learnt that the Li lady returned to the western region and lived in Gaocang Ruin her entire life… she had already died before I left for Central China.

K6kLgfN.jpg
*sob* …

sSBLVww.jpg
Why are you crying, girl?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Lady Li must have been in love with grandpa so she stayed single throughout her life… it truly is a sad and moving love story, don’t you think?

sSBLVww.jpg
Ha, I can’t understand it at all.

K6kLgfN.jpg
If someone was willing to wait for me about a hundred years, I would be so happy.

sSBLVww.jpg
Forget it! I feel bored with you after just a few days, let alone 100 years!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humpf! It’s none of your business! If someone remembers you, I really feel sorry for her.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ha, you guys, cut it out! (the quarrelsome couple never have any peace)

XowufAD.jpg
Grandpa may leave this world at any moment after knowing she lived in Gaocang Ruin all her life… if he could see her remains before dying, I think he may have far less regrets.

Giving a boy the Nobody the Hero comic book we picked up in a random encounter leads to a reward the Drunken Hermit might be interested in.

09i7zhW.jpg

iQxfewq.jpg

Giving an old man the unique Fried Prawn leads to a pair of boots.

N4y0yW5.jpg

NcPOXaQ.jpg

Another merchant is complaining about horse bandits.

LNayDNd.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Local security is poor indeed. I heard that many trade caravans were looted by Horse Gang frequently. We can’t turn a blind eye to this if we encounter them.

It’s possible to enter the desert by means of a small path.

RiJIR29.jpg

yV4dQew.jpg

A while back we got a quest to find a Shaolin in the desert: he’s at the very back of the area.

OkiXABv.jpg

zpPSlml.jpg

We need to help Bronze Brah versus some Uyghur scum.

tZrys27.jpg

EkNeTBn.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
That man must be the missing disciple of Northern Shaolin temple… he is seriously hurt.

sSBLVww.jpg
Those bandits must be his personal enemies. He carries a blood debt, we have no reason to stop him.

K6kLgfN.jpg
But he will die if he goes on like this.

sSBLVww.jpg
This is his own choice… I would do the same.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You are… Yuexuan! What should we do?

cYHt3iW.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
We come here under your Master’s order! You have suffered serious injuries. Stop fighting or you will lose your life. Do not sadden your Master and family.

nm2QBXc.jpg
You know what? I lived in Kashgar, had a virtuous, beautiful Semuren wife and lovely kids. We adopted a dozen orphans and lived a peaceful life.

Semu and Semuren refer to a caste created by the Yuan dynasty of Kublai Khan, comprised of many different ethnic groups.

nm2QBXc.jpg
But this group of bandits robbed me off everything. They set fire to our home which burnt our children and killed my wife. I practiced hard ever since I came to Shaolin for this moment.

nm2QBXc.jpg
My life has no other desire, I am ready to sacrifice my life. Keep away!

K6kLgfN.jpg
You…

HKpwBf8.jpg
He will not listen no matter what we say. We should subdue him first.

It’s easy to take down the Shaolin but how about killing the bandits instead…

oFqprqQ.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I protected your heart meridian with inner force. You’re safe for the moment but you can’t use your martial arts anymore.

qTDJsKU.jpg

This fight is a good opportunity to test the Kongming Quan.

siE0ATR.jpg

QUXXZC6.jpg

It truly is almost as good as Hexameridian Fingersword.

During the fight the Shaolin unexpectedly stands up to fight anyway.

27fzJZ7.jpg

XlTFgE0.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
He died.

HKpwBf8.jpg
He is a real man, it’s a pity that we couldn’t save him. Anyway, we should report this sad news to his master.

V41jqZE.jpg

The main reason for being in the desert was to find the cure for Bang.

fRlZZVW.jpg

Nz6yLfO.jpg

QrMhiBw.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
This is the King of Crimson Spiders? But it is a snake!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Eh, what else did you think it was?

xOtZzWv.jpg
This snake is “Crimson Spiders” aka “King of Crimson Spiders”. It has a kind of crimson spider as a parasite, which is what we are looking for!

sSBLVww.jpg
You mean a louse… I thought it was a spider…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe… catch the louse! Isn’t this what a monkey is best at? Someone must be very happy.

sSBLVww.jpg
You… I will catch some and put them on your head!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hush, we seemed to have drawn its attention.

They’re just snakes so easy to beat.

5q10sLP.jpg

iZRp59I.jpg

yun6tqn.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s head back to Bang.

On the way back we come across more Uyghur scum.

6CPkivr.jpg

X5hBQhb.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu, a smell of wine emits from them. They haven’t been drinking so must’ve gotten it from a cellar.

HKpwBf8.jpg
These are the goods you plundered from a nearby wine seller?

ateNfhx.jpg
So what?

sSBLVww.jpg
Prepare to take a beating if yes!

ateNfhx.jpg
Hahaha! I heard that people from Central China are good at martial arts… I really want to see it with my own eyes. Go and beat them!

We just need to crush these pheggats.

77gQFQl.jpg

ILT5Mao.jpg

Xg4g1Rh.jpg

NvFLXTr.jpg

There’s a predictable sob story after the fight.

ateNfhx.jpg
Shut up, I don’t need their sympathies. Kill me!

K6kLgfN.jpg
For what reason? Just say it, I am listening.

3xE2TM5.jpg
We are both orphans. It is Matata who raised us… Matata got a serious disease. Only the Witch-doctor Xue can cure her but his fee is very high.

3xE2TM5.jpg
We can’t pay it if we don’t rob stuff… but we never harm people. We are ashamed for Matata to have become robbers so we can’t harm people.

sSBLVww.jpg
Do you think we will believe this? How can we know you aren’t lying?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, it seems they are not lying. If the fee is paid, will you stop robbing?

3xE2TM5.jpg
Of course…I…swear to you that if I infringe upon my oath, I die in the desert and condors and hyeans will eat my body.

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK, let’s find the Villains’ Valley and talk to this Witch-doctor Xue. If I hear of you robbing others again, I won’t forgive you.

It seems we will finish this later.

dvvR5rp.jpg

In the meantime we return to Bang.

WKUXJcQ.jpg

Z2fL2iF.jpg
How… how can that be…

U0uHnxX.jpg

Z2fL2iF.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yeah! Bang, it takes a lot of effort to find these Crimson Spiders.

xOtZzWv.jpg
Here you are, Bang. Your wound is fine now.

Z2fL2iF.jpg
Aren’t you afraid that I will go for your master when I am recovered?

xOtZzWv.jpg
I think you wouldn’t do that.

Z2fL2iF.jpg

xOtZzWv.jpg
And I will protect the Hierarch from you.

Z2fL2iF.jpg
… Hehe, the way you are talking… is just like my granddaughter.

xOtZzWv.jpg
Really? What does she look like, is she older than Oman?

Z2fL2iF.jpg
She is the same age as you… it’s just…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Is it because of the Cult of Tianlong…?

Z2fL2iF.jpg
I thought I could protect my own clan once I joined Feng Du…

sSBLVww.jpg

xOtZzWv.jpg
… If Bang agrees, I can be your granddaughter! Anyway, we are all the descendants of Jiu Li…

Z2fL2iF.jpg
You… are a good girl, and I wish I could have a granddaughter like you. But the Iron Fork are all dead… I shall go back to the place where I grew up.

xOtZzWv.jpg
Can’t you really stay with us?

Z2fL2iF.jpg
Thank you, Oman… but I have made up my mind. I’ve decided to leave this place.

xOtZzWv.jpg

Z2fL2iF.jpg
Here you are. This was for my granddaughter but it’s impossible now. I think it’s the same if I give it to you.

Oman gets a good AoE skill from Bang.

Oh8o0LH.jpg

RirQ6vl.jpg

After training a bit Oman can challenge Lan Ting.

bptpR45.jpg

xOtZzWv.jpg
I have done so, master.

iDUkhW0.jpg
Really? Great! Come on, let me test you now. Remember, I will not go easy on you.

Lan Ting is really easy to beat.

XVqpaWx.jpg

FnjOlUA.jpg

WYlA5aj.jpg

KZgmh4t.jpg

Beating Lan Ting nets another AoE skill.

9sjvJKw.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom