Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Tale of Wuxia Zero

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXIII: Batman

With Shui back in the party we now enter Black-Bat Cave proper.

endpS4Z.jpg

PDjMMQB.jpg

zKPxi6o.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(So the Secluded Guest we ran into at String-Sword Manor really is Ouyang Xiao.)

It’s hard to see but Ouyang Xiao is talking to a mysterious person.

ZaHchar.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Who is this old man? With such a pitched voice, it makes me feel uneasy.)

79Jh92L.jpg
I remember there is a man capable of face changing in the Korean hometown of that double-faced lad… do not forget he helped you too.

mUZ01eD.jpg
I understand.

79Jh92L.jpg
Humpf, if you do carry my words into your heart, why would you obey my orders again and again?

mUZ01eD.jpg
!! Master, I don’t understand…

79Jh92L.jpg
We do need to kill these people. But who has given you the permission to do wicked things to them? The shadow incense Meng Po carried is the special spice she used to track her prey. The odour is not strong but it can be residual for a couple of months. It’s difficult for normal people to sense it but not for me.

79Jh92L.jpg
Beside the stinking smell of bats, you also have this shadow incense on you. If not for extensive physical contact, why would you have such a dense smell?

mUZ01eD.jpg
I…I’m sorry, master.

So, rape?

sSBLVww.jpg
(That bastard!!)

79Jh92L.jpg
And you wasted my Take Souls on Xiao Fu in the String-Sword Manor. Ouyang Xiao, I’m disappointed.

mUZ01eD.jpg

The unknown figure notices Gu but chooses to just zap out of the cave.

79Jh92L.jpg
Look, someone has followed your trail.

mUZ01eD.jpg
But that is not possible? No one can enter my bats maze without me!

79Jh92L.jpg
Deal with the outsiders. You have two failures, there will no failures ever again, you understand?

mUZ01eD.jpg
Yes, master.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(We are not even near them, how did that old man spot us?)

79Jh92L.jpg
Humpf, you have quite some skills, I must say. I only sensed you just now. It’s her birthday today so I will do no killing. Consider yourself lucky, kids. You know what to do, Ouyang Xiao.

The old man gets out of the cave faster than lightning.

SqtnDVL.jpg

In any case it’s time to take down that creep.

AZAYCfp.jpg

DfyCMyi.jpg

mUZ01eD.jpg
Wanna know? Go ask her yourself… in hell.

2rfJBiu.jpg
It’s all my fault. I let myself become the tool of his evil and hurt so many people in the process. I will finish this beast today.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You have committed countless crimes. My master teaches us to forgive but with you, I can’t. I am Gu Yuexuan of Xiaoyao Valley.

sSBLVww.jpg
Let’s slay this evil together.

mUZ01eD.jpg
Bold words you have… heh, goldback poison? You got help from the Five Venoms, no wonder you were able to break into my bats maze.

xOtZzWv.jpg
You and that old man… my understanding of you is shallow, but I do know one thing: you are evil.

mUZ01eD.jpg
Fine, I will go and make for each one of you a nice grave. Hahahaha!

He runs off and we need to chase him deeper into the cave.

RJ57Krh.jpg

Da3sqnr.jpg

mUZ01eD.jpg
I have been waiting for you.

The creep casts Mirror Image.

youxlJi.jpg

kvYB9Ei.jpg

LERoWOU.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Five of him?? But that is not possible?

HgkNsRJ.jpg

dK6fP7o.jpg

r4AlvvK.jpg

Zh5aN5o.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What sorcery is this…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Is he human at all?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Calm down now. Everything in the world has an explanation. If they are not quintuplets, then he must have found four people with similar body shape and face.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Quintuples… right, there used to be a group called “the immortal six of the peach valley”, they were sextuplet brothers.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk, these crooked men, always using tricks. Five? So what? We just need to beat all of them.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Wait, Ji. His Cold Bat Venom is very strange. There is always only one apprentice and when he learns from his master, the apprentice will eventually always kill the master.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Because of practicing the Cold Bat Venom, one must consume a human gallbladder infused with extremely cold venom to succeed. Also, the practitioners’ power will reject others’ powers. So if there are two people practicing this arte at the same time, both will die due to the wrong flow of blood.

mUZ01eD.jpg
… (Who is this little girl and how does she know my secrets?)

sSBLVww.jpg
I got it. There must be only one who knows how to use the venom powers and that fellow must be the real Ouyang Xiao!

HKpwBf8.jpg
If so, he will not use the Cold Venom at first. He would trick us and then kill us in our carelessness. Grasping this, we have a chance to win.

sSBLVww.jpg
Got it!

How about just killing them all, rather than trying to find the real Ouyang Xiao?

BdkU4qT.jpg

lVNzB2N.jpg

Once they are all down, the real Ouyang Xiao reveals himself.

Yi51rXw.jpg

n2mXDej.jpg

BS4UREE.jpg

The real Ouyang Xiao will need a dip of human blood, betraying himself.

Khp5wz9.jpg

yPZzAlx.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
This guy… bit another Ouyang Xiao and killed him?

K6kLgfN.jpg
The Cold Venom took effect in his body and he needed to drink human blood. The man who sucked blood is the real Ouyang Xiao… he is a monster.

DkhdpRE.jpg

mUZ01eD.jpg
I never expected you to be so tough. You are the first ones to break my Five Bodies Formation other than Grand Princess. I will give you a quick death in order to express thanks.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Be careful, he is going to use his full strength.

The real Ouyang Xiao is much tougher, but we can fight him with our entire party. All his techniques inflict Frostbite.

LciV30j.jpg

jkckQl5.jpg

KJbXNoQ.jpg

IOY9l0B.jpg

XahMrqb.jpg

9YEbeI7.jpg

Ouyang Xiao tries a final trick in defeat.

4Mt7BFA.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
This is karma, it is your own fault you become like this…

66CiU0W.jpg

6WS9gWo.jpg

LTy2QqU.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
You…!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Blood… trouble!

qEx074G.jpg

Batman has unleashed the bats.

GEAFjdi.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
They are blocking our way out! Ouyang Xiao decided to go out with all of us… sorry Ji, Ziling. It is my fault…

sSBLVww.jpg
What are you talking about? This is our own choosing. I will bring a couple of these bats with me if I have to die.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji…

K6kLgfN.jpg

As usual Ziling comes up with something.

5SQCbEm.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ouyang Xiao used venom to control these bats. There must be a cure within his body.

636Tui4.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Who could’ve thought a little timid one like you could do such bold things in dire times.

K6kLgfN.jpg
… (Please, let me find it…)

HKpwBf8.jpg
Bat swarms are closing in!

sSBLVww.jpg
Damn… so be it then!

K6kLgfN.jpg
I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!

IzHbT24.jpg

IiZnBvV.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Way to go, girl! What… what did you do?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Heh! Ziling saved us all this time.

oKLeeQ8.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
The cure was right in his kidneys. Squeezing the kidney and throwing it into the bats made the bats go away… not to mention, the gallbladder of Ouyang Xiao is still a valuable poison… the essence of those who practice Cold Venom for decades… so I took that out as well.

sSBLVww.jpg
I am gonna chance my opinion of you from now on. Experiencing this kind of bloody scene you would be freaking out by now, but now you seem calm.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Is this the so-called adrenaline rush?)

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey… I was complimenting you, some response, please? So rude…

Ziling faints and needs to be carried out of the cave.

TdN1HWE.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Why did you puke on me… hey , wake up, girl, wake up…

f4U8rzR.jpg

igmVwSB.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Rise and shine.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, Ziling. Rest for now.

K6kLgfN.jpg
OK… WHAT! Drop… put me down… you were carrying me this whole time?

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t talk, you are too weak now. Don’t move, just sleep!

K6kLgfN.jpg
… men. Anyway… thank… thank you.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXIV: Cold bladder

We got the following souvenir, literally pulled out of Ouyang Xiao. It is something Shen Lan has been looking for.

hpUDZbv.jpg

3uJAcXw.jpg

ensLXZL.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
It doesn’t matter where I got it, do you want it or not? If you don’t, that’s fine.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Just give it to me. But I won’t say thank you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humph, you are not kind at all! Take it, it’s useless to me after all.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Great, I can make the right medicine with this and save Wan…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hmm? What did you just say?

hSeSK3e.jpg
It’s none of your business.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Listen, I hate to own others. I will pay you back.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I wonder what you will give us.

UngJta2.jpg

We can do more with the poison soup now too.

Mi6hvVB.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
It surely does.

hSeSK3e.jpg
What are you doing there? Go away! We inherited this soup with a poisonous cauldron from our ancestors. You are forbidden to touch!

K6kLgfN.jpg
We won’t do anything but watch. You are so mean.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Humph! You gave me the cold bat gallbladder, so I will let you watch this time. But do not disturb me.

hSeSK3e.jpg
The cauldron is almost dry. Hurry up and capture five kinds of poisonous insects and throw them into the cauldron.

K6kLgfN.jpg
How dare you command me!

hSeSK3e.jpg
Will you do it or not?

K6kLgfN.jpg
OK, I will capture the insects for you.

Finding the poisonous beasties is easy with Oman in the party.

osE02UN.jpg

There’s a very beneficial event for Ziling when interacting with the cauldron.

bEf1Dik.jpg

DQDWhlD.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ah…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling!

sSBLVww.jpg
Ziling! Are you OK?

hSeSK3e.jpg
Take it easy you fools! Help her into my room!

K6kLgfN.jpg
I-I’m fine! Ha…

FIsfCT5.jpg

BOYPTR4.jpg

hSeSK3e.jpg
!!! (How is this possible? If my Poison has reached the 6th grade, hers much have reached the 10th!)

sSBLVww.jpg
Are you OK?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Sorry for the trouble, I’m fine! I was really frightened just now…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, you look better than before, how can this be? Your inner force seems to be improved.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Humph! She stole the energy from my poisonous soup. Her inner force has obviously been promoted! How will you compensate me?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’m sorry, Miss Shen. I didn’t do it on purpose.

hSeSK3e.jpg
Never mind. I’m always unlucky with you around. Go away now and leave me alone!

The poison soup internal style is Wei Ziling’s best! The 500 extra crit damage is great combined with the auto crits from stealth.

K5zmUk9.jpg

Back on Sea-hid island we can open a chest with Shen Lan’s key.

nb5cSMV.jpg

Inside is an internal style and another martial skill for Ziling.

ncABSFJ.jpg

L2Q0vDP.jpg

Ziling already learnt six internal style so can’t learn Dragon Curse. That one will need to go to Oman.

G291GuO.jpg

On the way back is an odd random encounter involving the Taoist and some Nightwing cosplayers.

drRLSRZ.jpg

RzEjFuq.jpg

Geq7e5Z.jpg
I’m just a carefree person who never takes part in Jianghu business. So please go back.

XQZXCr9.jpg
Then die.

The idiots stand no chance.

SCl6LXn.jpg

IxcaBtO.jpg

NHmNdIJ.jpg

e3LcByk.jpg

UDKe52I.jpg

Geq7e5Z.jpg
*sigh* Life is precious and there so many good things in life, why did you have to die?

HKpwBf8.jpg
We were late, are you OK?

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Oh, it is you. Though I am old I can still fight. I am fine.

sSBLVww.jpg
Who are these guys in strange clothes?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Are they related to the mysterious force that we are tracing? Do you know anything about it?

Geq7e5Z.jpg
I don’t know, but they have a Yellowtail totem, I have seen it somewhere before… seems like a pattern on some flag?

Geq7e5Z.jpg
Hehe, I am too old to remember. I’d better go back home.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXV: Conshipiracy

Taking the otherwise utterly useless blue hair to Duke Sai’s mansion he can interact with an item.

MbNkxK3.jpg

Mmz9n3E.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What are these… war horses? Tsk, useless stuff, I thought it was some kind of Art book.

1P616RO.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
You know your horses…

6njsfnA.jpg
Heh! Looks like the House of Duke Sai really got something.

HKpwBf8.jpg
How come?

6njsfnA.jpg
These war horses are forbidden by the law of the Imperial Court.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Only high ranking officers can use these. There must be some rats in the Imperial Court.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We can’t be sure about that yet. Besides, a mole in the Imperial Court is very serious stuff, we need more evidence.

sSBLVww.jpg
Then we should find someone and ask them to give us more information.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Not the most elegant way, but it is the easiest.

sSBLVww.jpg
I’ll take that as a compliment.

We need to bully some Tartars near the stables outside.

XmuJWQ4.jpg

MRJSCYQ.jpg

SFTBJ31.jpg

nMjQbfh.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Your lord is much more malicious!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hey! You called us malicious southern barbarians, so I won’t let you die so easily.

j0YGrha.jpg
What did you give me?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Poison. Are you scared?

j0YGrha.jpg
Please… spare me…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Answer my questions and I will give you the antidote. Where did you get the warhorses?

j0YGrha.jpg
Warhorses?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Yes. I want to know where they came from. They are not horses from beyond the Wall, so how did you get them?

j0YGrha.jpg
Some people from Central China sold them to us.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Do you know who they are?

j0YGrha.jpg
We don’t know them, they only talk with the Duke’s trusted followers. I am only in charge of taking care of the horses they sent here.

K6kLgfN.jpg
How often do they come here?

j0YGrha.jpg
Once every six months. They will be here again in two days.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What a coincidence. Let’s observe them then and see who they are. You just take the antidote and go away.

j0YGrha.jpg
Thanks, thanks!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, the thing you fed him is…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, I know you don’t like it. The effect of the medicine is clearing the lungs and throat.

Two days later we spy on the Imperial crooks.

bEvbkHb.jpg

FdlaBzm.jpg

KvjNZXY.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Look at them. These men should be serving a Court officer, but we can’t know which one exactly.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Let’s follow them, maybe they will lead us to the man behind it all.

ZIbpUG5.jpg
By the way, you there following us, show yourselves.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk.

HKpwBf8.jpg
He sensed us. This man is no ordinary soldier.

iSzyqFX.jpg

1pHmYw8.jpg

We beat them of course, but the head Imperial stooge commits suicide.

HFFEUYg.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What happened? We didn’t hurt them that much?

HKpwBf8.jpg
They… poisoned themselves.

K6kLgfN.jpg
As you said, they are not general officers. What they used is Tianyi poison from Tangmen Clan.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Tangmen Clan? Is Tangmen Clan involved in this?

sSBLVww.jpg
They are all dead, there’s no longer a way to know that.

K6kLgfN.jpg
At least we have the clue about Tangmen Clan.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Tangmen Clan is always secretive so it is not easy to investigate their private affairs. We may even become enemies with them, so we should be careful.

We head to Chengdu next, where Tangmen Clan is based.

We find the son of the Tangmen Master at one of the shops.

zR09z4c.jpg

l3YIpwH.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Tianyi poison… it seems that Tangmen has a relationship with those suicidal killers. But I can’t ask them directly since Xiayao Valley isn’t that friendly with them… we should leave now.)

We need Shi Yan in the party to be able to progress.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It is so exasperating that we cannot ask Tangmen directly while we know that they are involved. We need a stealth expert to check it out.

LPGmJb7.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Yan, you have been looking at that man, are you…

r3aiyqy.jpg
Haha! You are so smart, Ziling. The poison is very unique and it’s sold at high price in the black market!

sSBLVww.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg

r3aiyqy.jpg
What are you looking at? There is honour among thieves too. I won’t steal any harmful poison.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I have seen the master of Tangmen several times, he is a little difficult to get along with…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t worry, Yuexuan. Since Shi Yan is so familiar with the poisons of Tangmen, she must have experience in dealing with them.

r3aiyqy.jpg
You are really so smart, Ziling.

HKpwBf8.jpg
… So brave you are, Shi Yan.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Can you help me with one thing if you will infiltrate the mansion of Tangmen?

r3aiyqy.jpg
I’m listening. But you need to pay for it.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Check the account book of Tangmen and see who they have sold this poison to?

r3aiyqy.jpg

Tianyi poison? This poison is very deadly. What dangerous things have befallen you?

r3aiyqy.jpg
I will kindly help you this time. Since I’m in a good mood, I’m not charging you. Wait for me in front of the ruined temple until I’m done.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thank you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Be careful and protect yourself first.

r3aiyqy.jpg
Please wait for my news.

Some time later Shi Yan is back to report.

oSeZElY.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Look how smug you are, you must have found out something, right?

r3aiyqy.jpg
Heh heh! Such a clever girl you are. I looked through the account book and found out Tianyi poison is unpopular for its scarcity and high cost. But there was one entry of Tangmen doing business with someone on a particular time.

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t keep us in suspense, go on!

r3aiyqy.jpg
Humph! You are such a dull fellow. OK, let’s move on. It’s the Imperial Guard.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Dongchang…

r3aiyqy.jpg
The arrogance of the Imperial Guard is getting increasingly blatant, I’ve heard some rumours in the black market.

r3aiyqy.jpg
The owner of “Cloud Drifting Sword” Yan Baifeng cut off the head of his master “The Silent Swordsman of Jingzhou” Jingshu, brought it to the Imperial Guard and claimed that his master was brewing up a wicked plot. He ended up executed as an accomplice by You Jin. That’s kind of ironic.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It is indeed. Yan Baifeng wanted to exchange his master’s life for a high position and great wealth, yet he completely miscalculated.

sSBLVww.jpg
Only a beast would do something like that, he deserved to die! This time the Iron Mask killed the right person.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yan Baifeng reported to the Imperial Guard that his master was brewing up a wicked plot… but the Imperial Guard still killed him…

K6kLgfN.jpg
It seems that we’ve become embroiled in a large conspiracy.

r3aiyqy.jpg
Hold on, it sounds dangerous. Dongchang is not one to trifle with. It’s best if I know nothing. I’d better leave now.

K6kLgfN.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I have an idea… it is known in Jianghu that at one time, as a result of assisting General Qi, Great Xia Jingshu got on friendly terms with Elder Xu of Beggars’ Sect. Now they both fell victim and died…

We ran into that dead beggar’s quest on our first time in Chengdu.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It is said by Beggars’ Sect that Elder Xu was a poison expert so it’s impossible that any ordinary poison would be able to trick him… do you think it could be possible that Tianyi poison was the cause of Elder Xu’s death, brother Gu?

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are making a good point. It seems their death has something to do with the Imperial Guard.

K6kLgfN.jpg
But we don’t have any evidence or any new clues. If we just meddle without consideration, the Imperial Guard will be a tough nut to crack.

sSBLVww.jpg
… We could let this be?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Even if the Imperial Guard is powerful, I would never give up the pursuit of truth. Since Great Xia Jingshu and Elder Xu were both highly respected seniors in JIanghu, how could we just let them both die like this?

sSBLVww.jpg
Well said!

K6kLgfN.jpg
But it seems we’ve come to a dead end both in the case of Elder Xu and Great Xia Jingshu, so how are we to proceed?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Great Xia Jingshu was from Wudang Sect and he was of the same generation as the Three Saints. Master Zhuo certainly wouldn’t turn a blind eye to this matter.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s leave for Wudang Mountain to tell Master Zhuo what we think and see if we can find more clues.

sSBLVww.jpg
So what are we waiting for? Let’s leave immediately.

We get more clues at Wudang.

lslj6ov.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Please accept our sympathy.

bDvmUUN.jpg
I’ve met with Jingshu and his family last year. We’ve been separated at such short notice. Things are changing. Yan Baifeng is truly a malicious person. I misjudged him.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It is said that Elder Xu of Beggars’ Sect also died a tragic death. I wonder if there’s any connection between these two events…

bDvmUUN.jpg
What do you mean? Changlin was also…

bDvmUUN.jpg
He had a good relationship with Jingshu. They died together now… You are right, I don’t believe Jingshu would harm anyone and had anything to do with Changlin’s death.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I know that Great Xia Jingshu and Master Zhuo were good friends. So I want to ask you if there you noticed something wrong.

bDvmUUN.jpg
Although Jingshu and I were good friends, I seldom bother about things in Jianghu. Mrs Jing and her daughter arrived at Wudang recently. Let’s visit them and maybe we can find some evidence and get revenge for Jingshu.

0d6vloE.jpg

bDvmUUN.jpg
They’re disciples from Xiaoyao Valley. Gu Yuexuan is gallant and chivalrous, I totally trust them. They are suspicious about the death of Jingshu and Changlin and come here trying to find the real murderers.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Pardon me, Mrs Jing, did your husband act strangely recently?

p5U4Ua3.jpg
I never bother about the affairs in Jianghu. However, a few days ago Elder Xu dropped by late at night and gave my husband a letter. I have no clue about the details.

MwWwh0v.jpg
Mom, I know something.

p5U4Ua3.jpg
Nonsense, we’re in the middle of something here!

MwWwh0v.jpg
Mom, I really do know about it. I couldn’t sleep that day so I played hide-and-seek with father. During that time I heard Uncle Xu coming. I noticed the serious tone in which father spoke so I didn’t make any noise.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Can you tell us what you heard that day?

p5U4Ua3.jpg
You may say now! He… is a good person.

MwWwh0v.jpg
Not much. Only something about the Court of the Imperial Stud, warhorses and Imperial Guard.

HKpwBf8.jpg
…!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
So it must be the Imperial Guard selling the warhorses. But how is the Court of the Imperial Stud involved?

sSBLVww.jpg
Huh, these sophisticated politics.

HKpwBf8.jpg
… I see.

bDvmUUN.jpg
Did you figure out something?

HKpwBf8.jpg
The Court of the Imperial Stud is in charge of horse and carriages. If the Imperial Guard intends to sell warhorses privately, someone inside the Court must take part in it.

bDvmUUN.jpg
The Beggars’ Sect always devote themselves for the country and people. Elder Xu must’ve found out the truth and told Jingshu. Unexpectedly, Yan Baifeng found out and that scumbag betrayed his master.

p5U4Ua3.jpg
Bureaucrats stick up for each other in wrongdoings. No wonder the Imperial Court get increasingly corrupted with each passing day. Jingshu and Elder Xu died for nothing.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Mrs Jing, sorry for your loss. Now we know the truth and the Beggars’ Sect is still looking for the murderer. Pardon me, I should leave and tell them about this.

The final lap is the Beggars’ Sect but this quest doesn’t get any further resolve. This is kind of an introduction to the Imperial Route in Tale of Wuxia.

LIgrdtE.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master Li and fellows of the Beggars’ Sect…

7eyjNsv.jpg

KD7fNzI.jpg

cDoCzOi.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Malfeasance, bribery and corruption are common in present political circles. As for the Emperor, he acts and makes decisions capriciously. Loyalty is not worth the candle.

4ca6CY9.jpg
The Emperor… *sigh*

2rfJBiu.jpg
Thanks to Gu we found the man behind the curtain. Is avenging Elder Xu still impossible?

K6kLgfN.jpg
The Imperial Guard must’ve destroyed all the evidence. How can we accuse any official without evidence? Let alone if the opponent is the reputable Imperial Guard.

4ca6CY9.jpg
Damn, so there’s nothing we can do?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Branch Master Li, we do have the ledger of Duka Sai’s Manor. Can’t we ask General Qi to prosecute the conspirator in the Court of the Imperial Stud?

4ca6CY9.jpg
Indeed! Xiao, write a letter go General Qi at once.

8TJ5O7Y.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Well, so the last witness is also dead now… what a sophisticated scheme.

4ca6CY9.jpg
Now the testimony is gone along with the official… *sigh*

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master Li…

4ca6CY9.jpg
The Beggars’ Sect will continue to investigate despite the current situation. Imperial Guard or Dongchang, we’ll never surrender!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Such thoughts are a blessing for the nation.

4ca6CY9.jpg
Thank you for all the help. You’ll have the full support of the Beggars’ Clan when in trouble.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You’re welcome.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXVI: God of Rain

We return to the brothel in Hangzhou to execute Ziling’s plan to whore herself out.

cLbbPXC.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What are you talking about?

n5zmtdH.jpg
Are you kidding me? A female going to a brothel?! I have never seen this before.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Why? A female can’t be here? Open your eyes and look at the money I have.

n5zmtdH.jpg
Forget about it! Help yourself, miss. I will bring our best wine soon.

n5zmtdH.jpg
But a VIP has booked the whole second floor. Let me take you to another room, ok?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t worry! I know the rules and won’t let you suffer a loss. How much money do you want?

n5zmtdH.jpg
Miss! Money is good but my life is more precious. The customers upstairs belong to the Sea Shark Clan and Golden Wind Security Escorts. I can’t afford to offend them.

n5zmtdH.jpg
This brothel will suffer disaster if I annoy them. I really can’t take your money!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe. My stupid brother’s blade has no mercy. Take this money, if not… I’ll have him kick your ass.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey! Who is stupid? Let’s not hesitate anymore and just fight our way up!

n5zmtdH.jpg
Oops, don’t be like this! My dear girl! You’re going to kill me! Please do not be too hard on me!

HKpwBf8.jpg
She is right, Ziling. We need to find out information, but can’t get others involved for no reason.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Huh! Acting this way can only bring misfortune to more girls… don’t worry, Gu! I can handle this.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You lead me in and take all the girls away. I won’t make you feel awkward.

n5zmtdH.jpg
You better not offend the customers upstairs! Anyway, I still need to keep my business.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Remember, you need to protect yourself if there is something wrong… I’m waiting for you outside.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thank you, Gu!

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey! You better not flaunt your superiority.

K6kLgfN.jpg
… hee hee, just wait for my good news.

sSBLVww.jpg

Upstairs Ziling must coax information from two imbeciles.

Es4OjdN.jpg

n5zmtdH.jpg
How could I forget your orders? Thanks to you, we’ve got some new girls so I bring this courtesan who I poached from somewhere else!

n5zmtdH.jpg
Come here! These two are deputy Shi of Sea Shark Clan and young master Lu of Golden Wind Security Escorts!

Yv2xfqO.jpg

n5zmtdH.jpg
Hehe, I’ll leave right now. Zi’er, the rest is up to you now.

c4MOsx7.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Master Lu is really a genius! Come on, this one is for you!

VW8S0Ag.jpg
Well, well, let’s drink!

wwpybif.jpg
Unlike young master Lu, I’m just a sailor and don’t know the fancy poems to please the girls. Why don’t you sing a song to liven things up!

VW8S0Ag.jpg
Ehhh! That’s rude! Zi’er, don’t mind him. Sing whatever you want.

w5orXeG.jpg

VW8S0Ag.jpg
Eh! Well… Zi’er, your singing can’t live up to your reputation!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Sorry, actually I’m much better at poetry than singing.

VW8S0Ag.jpg
If that’s the case, let’s discuss poetry.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I wonder if you know the origin of “Golden Wind Escorts” and “Sea Shark Clan”.

VW8S0Ag.jpg
Oh? I would love to hear the details.

TNxXMAf.jpg

VW8S0Ag.jpg
Oh? I’ve heard about this poem but my memory is a little vague. I’ll take it to my heart if you can recite it for me.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hmm… I’ll recite the poem once you empty this cup.

VW8S0Ag.jpg
Hehe! All right, since the little lady says so. Deputy Shi, this one is for you.

wwpybif.jpg
Huh? Drinking? Nice, let’s drink.

YwcsQnL.jpg

VW8S0Ag.jpg
Brilliant! When Autumn’s Golden Wind embraces Dew of Jade, all the love scenes on earth, however many, fade. Lady, so the love between us can last for aye, why need we stay together night and day?

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Stay together night and day with you? You two can go to hell!) Hehe, it really hurts my feelings. I long to be together with you day and night! You need to drink more for saying the wrong words.

VW8S0Ag.jpg
Indeed, I deserve it! *burp* Zi’er, so what’s the story of Sea Shark Clan?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Deputy Shi must be a tough guy so you must like the poem written by Zuo Si: “In sharkshin armor and with glittering blade, the cortege is valiant.”

VW8S0Ag.jpg
Hehehe! Deputy Shi, drink! *burp* This is short and elegant, why don’t we change the secret code to this?

wwpybif.jpg
*burp* You’re drunk! We sailors can’t remember such a complicated code. The present one is much easier.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Easier? May I have the honor to hear it?

VW8S0Ag.jpg
For the little lady, no problem. It’s “The sea takes in the wealth all around, the shark…” Shi, what is it again?

wwpybif.jpg
The shark swallows in the prey all nearby. You’re really drunk today. Little lady, come on, leave him alone. You’re all mine now.

VW8S0Ag.jpg
*burp* Weird, I feel all light-headed…

m8qCRK5.jpg

11a3pfh.jpg

SfNaSem.jpg

With the passcode in hand we can go save the Wapanese gurls.

lqIjox9.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe! Told ya it would be alright. The passcode is “The sea takes in all the wealth around, the shark swallows in the prey all nearby.”

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph!

K6kLgfN.jpg
They’re off-guard with the girls and failed to notice that I put drugs in their drinks.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph! You seem to have blended in quite alright.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You’ve been weird since just now… Oh? I get it now. Master Jing, you feel iced out and unhappy? You wanna see me, I’m right here, am I not?

sSBLVww.jpg
You…! Who says I’m unhappy? Quit that tone and leave me alone.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Enough, Ziling. Since you have the secret code, let’s hurry to the Ferry.

With the passcode we can get on the ship and get passage to the East Branch of Feng Du after causing a distraction and hiding among the cargo.

vi03bel.jpg

rJ3Ks1Q.jpg

aiUflZM.jpg

The East Branch itself isn’t very well guarded.

INFW7qs.jpg

VlgHn1j.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Now you’ve experienced how it is to be treated as cargo. But isn’t Ao Guang notorious for treating women as cargo?

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s not the right time for bickering. As the strength of Ao Guang is unknown, we’d better be discrete.

sSBLVww.jpg
Got it! You’re always lecturing us like the master.

K6kLgfN.jpg
In Jianghu, one should proceed with caution. However, the fearless courage of Gu and my strategic insight are both necessary parts. So, we three are the perfect match, aren’t we?

sSBLVww.jpg
Nonsense! Let’s go, what’s the hold up? Save those Japanese women!

f7UJN2r.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe.

Any guards along the way need to be defeated quickly which is easy enough to do.

AtOguZE.jpg

4Rh5Pbz.jpg

JnaqtnK.jpg

Inside the compound we need to temporarily hide away.

ol3tqLv.jpg

FYCLshJ.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Understood.

Ao Guang emerges some time later to receive his sloots.

zgycMzA.jpg

zi3w4qw.jpg

75jy4Ra.jpg

ez1f2p0.jpg
Alright. Heh heh! Enjoy!

gpNiECr.jpg
I know what you’re thinking. The rest are yours when I’m finished.

ez1f2p0.jpg
Hail to Branch Master.

There’s a conspicuous red-head among the Wapanese gurls.

W6hhaL0.jpg

yYwXZQp.jpg

gpNiECr.jpg
Why are you playing dumb? Alright, later I’ll make you scream all day long.

VBgQxgy.jpg

gpNiECr.jpg
Hahaha! I wonder what your pretty face will be like later on!

Shinji decides to go full white knight out of the blue.

dzALFri.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
I feel the same way. Humph!

s9kZBIs.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Crap, Ji ran out of patience. Let’s go.

RrU1AA6.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Isn’t this your doghouse? Free those women right now.

gpNiECr.jpg
A few words alone aren’t enough to release them. Standing on my turf, you’re quite bold to talk freely.

sSBLVww.jpg
That’s who I am!

gpNiECr.jpg
Young and presumptuous, you really remind me of my teenage past.

gpNiECr.jpg
Setting them free is not gonna happen. The redhead’s a pretty young lady. An extra bedmate wouldn’t hurt.

sSBLVww.jpg
Shut up, or I’ll tear your mouth apart!

HKpwBf8.jpg
You’re a well-known figure in Wulin, please be self-dignified.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What on earth are you treating women as? You guys take advange of power and money to force poor pretty women to be your concubines. And even trade them like merchandise.

gpNiECr.jpg
Oh? Interesting. It is how the world works. For the first time I am criticized like this. Who are you?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Gu Yuexuan from Xiaoyao Valley.

sSBLVww.jpg
You’re not entitled to know my name.

gpNiECr.jpg
… You guys. I did know that someone was investigating the Acquittal Period but I never thought you’d be so young. Jianghu is not some playground for kids. Today I’m in a good mood and will cut you some slack.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You want us to leave? No problem, as long as you free these women.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Rumor has it that Branch Master Ao is a valiant hero. Little does one think the actual person is just a lecher. I’m really disappointed.

gpNiECr.jpg
Oh? You can do nothing about me. My Branch of East Sea has hundreds of people, while there are only three of you. You really think you can leave here safely after insulting me like that?

gpNiECr.jpg
Besides, you invaded us first. By the rules of Jianghu, nobody will reproach even if I kill you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Branch Master Ao, since you gained your place on the dangerous East Sea, you must value a bargain, right?

gpNiECr.jpg
Quite indeed. The rule is that one cannot betray a bargain even if means betraying your parents.

HKpwBf8.jpg
So I’m offering you a bargain.

gpNiECr.jpg
Shoot.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Right now, right here, you and I are going to have a duel. If I win, please free these women.

gpNiECr.jpg
Hahaha, why would I do that? What is in it for me? What if you lose?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Then I’ll be your servant on this island forever. But only under one condition, you’ll not make things difficult for my companions.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, you can’t do that!

sSBLVww.jpg
What are you saying? Only you are allowed to be gallant?

gpNiECr.jpg
If I win I only get you, but if I lose I’m letting go so many beautiful girls. Well, this bargain is not worthwhile.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Of course it’s worthwhile.

gpNiECr.jpg
How dare you say so?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I dare because I’m Gu Yuexuan.

sSBLVww.jpg
…!!

gpNiECr.jpg
Ha ha ha ha ha! Good, very good! Sorry I didn’t recognize you. If I can get the Fist of Justice as a servant, a hundred, even a thousand are not a match for you. You are right. Nothing is more worthwhile that this. I accept.

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu!

K6kLgfN.jpg
I thought only Ji would act recklessly, why did you even…? I’m sorry… it’s all because I went my own way.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Listen, Ji and Ziling, we are not going to lose.

sSBLVww.jpg
Definitely. I must punch his shining teeth through the back of his skull.

K6kLgfN.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Please favor me with your instruction, Branch Master.

gpNiECr.jpg
Since this is a bargain, we must ensure its fairness. Minions, let down your guard.

gpNiECr.jpg
I’m not gonna take advantage even if we are superior in numbers. Let’s have a one-off. I swear I will not use tricks to win victory so that you can fully own up to your defeat.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You guys from Feng Du are all strong and resolute heroes. I’m impressed. Let’s start.

gpNiECr.jpg
Ha ha ha ha ha! You should be careful.

They really should have made Ao Guang tougher, though he is not bad.

In the DLC though you can make him crazy strong.

5G74Xou.jpg

9YLGp8K.jpg

e3CtWMj.jpg

x66kQmA.jpg

Gu wins and the gurls are freed. But there’s no happy end.

kARefi8.jpg

UBSXj29.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Wait, can they understand Chinese?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Oh, I… I forgot about that. Well, I know nothing about Japanese as well.

0imTsJu.jpg
I… I had once learnt Chinese at a Chinese school.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Bravo! You can finally go home!! Tell your sisters.

0imTsJu.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hm? What’s wrong?

0imTsJu.jpg
Thanks for your kindness, but… but… we came here of our own free will.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Of your own free will?

K6kLgfN.jpg
What are you talking about?

0imTsJu.jpg
When we were born… our status and fate were sealed with no other options. Since we can’t go against God’s will it matters not where we go. Therefore, what’s the difference between Central China and Japan?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You are masters of your own life and fate, so go your own way instead of waiting on others to make your decisions for you! I control my own fate!

VBgQxgy.jpg

0imTsJu.jpg
Easier said than done. We are orphans and all we can depend on is our beauty and youth.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You…! Everything has its first time. As long as you are willing to take the first step, I can help with the rest.

0imTsJu.jpg
How can you help us?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I…I…

0imTsJu.jpg
Master Ao is a hero we admire... serving a man like him is what we longed for.

0imTsJu.jpg
But now, you destroyed such a good chance… God knows what kind of man we will serve instead? What a pity to have such a great opportunity slipped away!

K6kLgfN.jpg

0imTsJu.jpg
We have no other options but to return to Japan and await another arrangement… sometimes, what you think is good for others is actually cruel instead.

It seems this entire trip was kind of a waste of time. But we did gain information on East Branch at least.

kssNWTO.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling… just forget about it. We all have our own way and sometimes we just can’t do anything about it. It’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself.

K6kLgfN.jpg
No, it’s all my fault… if not for my leap in the dark we wouldn’t have ended up in danger and those Japanese girls’ lives would not be ruined. It’s all because I was so full of myself.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You set them free and offered them another possibility. But it’s their own choice to make.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I…

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsch!

Shinji snaps Ziling out of it by slapping her around a bit.

j36ZYQU.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ouch! It hurts! Don’t be rude! Damn monkey.

sSBLVww.jpg
Nobody is willing to hear your moaning. Didn’t we make the decision on this matter together? Besides, it was me who hastily attacked that bastard Ao Guang. What are you worrying about?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hmm… I almost forgot that we had intended to set the girls free. It turned out that you upset my plan and we had no choice but to fight with Ao Guang in a big way. If we hadn’t offended Ao Guang this way we could have done things quietly.

sSBLVww.jpg
It’s all my fault anyway. One shall be responsible for one’s actions. You can do whatever you want to punish me.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Look how pitiful you are. This time I will not punish you. Next time, you must be obedient and not make us worry for you.

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t push your luck!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Losses make us more cautious. We are no saints and can’t make a perfectly right decision all the time… but our conscience must be clear. This time we learnt a very hard lesson. We can only grow up through all these experiences, right?

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsch… you really like to moralize, don’t you?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thank you, Gu and Ji.

sSBLVww.jpg
We have to go. There are more important things to do.

We are done here for now.

6pQ1EYD.jpg

DcAw92j.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thanks for your kindness, Master Ao. It’s a pity that we have a different pursuit, sorry.

gpNiECr.jpg
That’s a real pity! You can always return if you change you mind.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXVII: Red Fury

Returning from East Branch we encounter a familiar face.

pVIRU2j.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thunder Hall… why do they show up at the port? Perhaps they're here to sail off?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Why don’t we ask them directly? Then the mystery is solved.

sSBLVww.jpg
Ha! Makes sense, let’s go!

It’s Hongshang.

cKQz6Iq.jpg

JpkXCpY.jpg
The Sea Shark Clan used to long for the firearms techniques of Thunder Hall and make a lot of trouble for us. Karma’s a bitch, now they got into such a plight.

rHkTB99.jpg

Hongshang is 15 here, same as Shinji. Considering she’s supposed to be his twin sister.

JpkXCpY.jpg
Still as upright and evil-abhorrent as ever.

Xo8irKm.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’m Gu Yuexuan from Xiaoyao Valley and this is Jing Ji and Wei Ziling from Wei castle. It’s been a while since the last Young Heroes Contest. You seem to have made great progress.

JpkXCpY.jpg
Haha. Last time at Huashan Mountain I failed both competitions and even didn’t get the chance to fight you. What a disgrace to Thunder Hall!

9xcoN9p.jpg
Humph! On behalf of Thunder Hall, I’ll participate in the next contest when I’m 16 and take the crown!

sSBLVww.jpg
What a pity, your dream won’t come true. Because the next Young Heroes Contest is right around the corner.

9xcoN9p.jpg
Gu Yuexuan? You’re already over 20 which violates the contest rules.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsch! Senior disciple? You’re no match for me. Keep dreaming.

9xcoN9p.jpg
Humph! Defeating you is a piece of cake. Let’s fight!

In Tale of Wuxia the two come to blows quickly too.

aS6cQGf.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji… Sorry, it’s rude of us.

K6kLgfN.jpg
*sigh* As impulsive as always. You can’t be like this just because of your name.

Shinji in Chinese is written “荆棘” which literally means “thorns/prickly”.

JpkXCpY.jpg
Eh… Gu, we should also apologize. Guardian Qin… has a short fuse.

9xcoN9p.jpg
You show no respect to me! I’m really pissed! I may be young, but don’t you dare disrespect me.

JpkXCpY.jpg
Why would I disrespect you?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Our bad… please forgive us.

sSBLVww.jpg
I’m not a kid. There’s no need to apologize for me!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Heh… (It’s funny that their reactions are nearly the same.)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Alright. Cut the bickering now. Save your energy for the contest to prove yourself. This quarreling makes no sense. Besides, Ji, if Wuxia Zi gets a new disciple, maybe you will lose the opportunity.

sSBLVww.jpg
Where is this new disciple?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Right in front of you.

sSBLVww.jpg
Impossible! You can’t be his new disciple.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You’re younger than me. If I become Uncle Wuxia Zi’s disciple, you’ll be my elder disciple. Don’t you want a cute younger fellow disciple?

sSBLVww.jpg
…This is non-negotiable.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hehe, stop the bickering now.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s quite a coincidence that we meet today. Why don’t we sit down and have a cup of tea?

9xcoN9p.jpg
Don’t bother. Today we’re here for an urgent matter.

JpkXCpY.jpg
The safety of the nation is always Guardian Qin’s top priority… ever since she learnt that the Imperial Court arranged the wedding of Princess Mu and Black Necro, she has already set her mind on eliminating the evil and saving the Princess…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Black Necro? The one who surpassed both Sea Shark Clan and Feng Du? Those Japanese pirates have been a pain in the ass and bullying fishermen for a long time. It’s really disappointing the Imperial Court doesn’t plan a mop-up operation. It’s even worse that they want to make peace with the pirates by means of an arranged marriage.

9xcoN9p.jpg
Indeed!

JpkXCpY.jpg
That’s why we came from Thunder Hall and are trying to find out the lair of Black Necro. Then we can turn it upside down and rescue Princess Mu.

JpkXCpY.jpg
*sigh* The whole family of Duke Mu was murdered in cold blood, and the Princess has no choice but to go to such a dangerous place. What a sad story!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Everyone is obligated to shoulder the burden of the nation’s safety. But we can’t sacrifice a young lady for it.

JpkXCpY.jpg
That’s quite what I thought!

9xcoN9p.jpg
Gu Yuexuan of Xiaoyao Valley is truly a man with a wide scope of knowledge.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Defending the motherland is everyone’s responsibility… one should fight to the death!

K6kLgfN.jpg
How could anyone put a delicate woman in a tight spot, sacrifice her freedom and strip away her happiness… just for one’s own safety? This is just not right.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsch! As a man, surviving in this world should be his own responsibility! Marriage for peace is not an option!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Quite indeed! Gu, we can’t sit this one out!

HKpwBf8.jpg
I also think the safety of the nation should not require such a personal sacrifice… besides, it’s likely against her will…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Furthermore, as the marine tyrant, Black Necro commits all sorts of crimes… if he has a falling out with the Imperial Court, Princess Mu will be caught in the middle of it…

HKpwBf8.jpg
As far as I’m concerned, it’s of the utmost importance to wipe out the influence of Black Necro and return Princess Mu safely.

9xcoN9p.jpg
Since you all approve, then we can help each other! Mutual help means better opportunity!

K6kLgfN.jpg
We’ll help since Big sister Qin says so! We don’t know the whereabouts of Black Necro, so why don’t we split up and do some investigations? Then we can swap information and come up with a plan.

sSBLVww.jpg
You two have just met and you’re already calling her Big sister. What if she’s younger than you?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humph, none of your business!

It seems we’ll be teaming up with Hongshang in the near future.

Feg6rKa.jpg

jVnudNb.jpg

Cq1dd0E.jpg

Returning to the monk in Northern Shaolin after finding the Bronzeman in the desert leads to a good reward for certain party members.

pPqLWdf.jpg

WOVVcMw.jpg

Returning to Dukang village leads to another familiar face.

bwMjNgv.jpg

SuSz00F.jpg
Perfect timing. The young master of Golden Wind Security Escorts is here too!

HKpwBf8.jpg
The young master? Why is he here?

SuSz00F.jpg
It seems he got hurt… and this place was nearest so he came here to have his wounds treated…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Alright! Let’s not delay and go check up with young master Lu Shaolin.

Lu Shaolin is inside one of the storehouses.

tDzIEUk.jpg

pAqUDus.jpg

AAI9bcg.jpg

mD1UOua.jpg
Lu Shaolin, you talk a lot. I assume you have recovered already, so why don’t you return to Golden Wind Security Escorts!

VW8S0Ag.jpg
*sigh*… I was just so grateful for young master Guan’s help. Never would I have expect you would throw me out so hastily…

Surprisingly Qi Li is here too. Prolly 15 too.

80ArpZM.jpg

VW8S0Ag.jpg
I didn’t want to keep if from you… I was looted while on escort…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Do you know who did this?

VW8S0Ag.jpg
*sigh* That’s what makes me so confused! Our Security Escorts has cozied up to so many people everywhere and never failed to be chivalrous. So who framed us? Our reputation shall not be slandered!

mD1UOua.jpg
Speak clearly. It was a bunch of beggars from Beggars’ Sect.

sSBLVww.jpg
Beggars’ Sect? How can that be? Guan Wei, don’t make up stuff!

VW8S0Ag.jpg
This time he is talking the truth, Jing Ji. I was on escort myself that day and a bunch of beggars surrounded me out of nowhere. They claimed that our Golden Wind Security Escorts was colluding with Dongchang… and claimed I was protecting something bad so they took it by force…

HKpwBf8.jpg
If it’s the real Beggars’ Sect they wouldn’t harm someone so easily. Why were you so badly injured?

VW8S0Ag.jpg
They robbed us, so how could I just watch and do nothing? Speaking of which, they looked strange… they hurt me badly yet they didn’t kill or disable me, as if they were just trying to teach me a lesson.

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu, it’s like those beggars did it on purpose and wanted others to know about it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I didn’t expect Ji to be clever sometimes… Gu, this is really odd, what are we going to do?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I intend to go back to the branch of Beggars’ Sect in Hangzhou and make some inquiries.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(This is similar to the Mysterious Organization’s tactics.)

VW8S0Ag.jpg
If you clear this up, my Golden Wind Security Escorts will owe you bigtime!

HKpwBf8.jpg
You flatter me… I got things to take care of, so I will say goodbye for now.

Lu Shaolin recognizes Ziling from the brothel but she takes care of him quickly with some sleeping powder.

kWtBJvP.jpg

NY4UebC.jpg

VW8S0Ag.jpg
No, it can’t be wrong! You must be Ziling… Eh, why am I so sleepy… *snore*

mD1UOua.jpg
Falling asleep in the middle of talking? Just like a pig. Do you know him? I should warn you first, this is a famous Casanova…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe, I sure know. I don’t like such a rascally guy. I just gave him Anmian decoction. He’s badly injured and can’t get proper treatment here. He should be taken to the hospital in town. Gu, Ji, let’s go!

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXVIII: Earthly Delights

Back in Hangzhou there’s an event in the brothel.

SnR1qlm.jpg

y5jWdxq.jpg

g5sIaFc.jpg
Why would I lie to you?

He’s one known to Gu from Young Heroes Contest.

7MMfE9a.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
You know him?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I do. He must be Long Mo, son of the master of Diancang Sect.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, it seems you really do have quite a few friends.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Not really a friend… we met on Young Heroes Contest. A prodigy whose martial art is quite unique and he’s… ravishing and casual.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Even someone like him can participate in Young Heroes Contest? It appears Diancang Sect is not as good as rumour has it!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, stop the nonsense.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What nonsense? Look at him, isn’t he a playboy?

g5sIaFc.jpg
Hahaha! Looking down at Diancang Sect, who are you?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’m…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Pleasure meeting you, we’re Gu Yuexuan and Jing Ji from Xiaoyao Valley.

g5sIaFc.jpg
Oh? You also came here to have fun? What a coincidence. But it’s understandable since we’re all young.

sSBLVww.jpg
Nonsense.

HKpwBf8.jpg
No, you misunderstand.

g5sIaFc.jpg
It’s alright that you brought along a buddy… but what’s the deal with this mean missy here?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Why? I’m not allowed in here?

g5sIaFc.jpg
Haha, of course you can! Help yourself here.

g5sIaFc.jpg
Since you brought along a girl, I assume you came here for another purpose?

HKpwBf8.jpg
We’re here for the investigation of the Acquittal Period.

g5sIaFc.jpg
The Acquittal Period… what a shame. I’ve been enjoying myself here in Honeyseeking Boudoir the entire time.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You’ve… been here the entire time?

g5sIaFc.jpg
Haha. You know, I’ll be the master of Diancang Sect in a short while.

g5sIaFc.jpg
I won’t have the luxury after succeeding to Master. That kind of behavior will stain Diancang Sect.

bC7FsYX.jpg

As usual Ziling starts a rant against wymyn of this particular profession. Still hasn’t learnt from the geisha debacle.

K6kLgfN.jpg
There must be a reason why you chose to make a living like this… but where’s your dignity to become a lapdog like this? The males will only think less of you!

sPTSfft.jpg
Oh? You’re just here to sabotage our business. Please leave now.

sPTSfft.jpg
Mr Long, pardon us for not treating you to the fullest.

g5sIaFc.jpg
Not at all, see you next time.

sPTSfft.jpg
Deal! Don’t make me wait forever. See you next time, Mr Long.

Ziling stirred the pot enough to make trouble in the near future.

4Dhp09M.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hard on them? I just want them to face themselves squarely and never become the entertainment of males. You know, money is not everything.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You’re totally right, but here is not the proper place to make such speeches…

K6kLgfN.jpg
So you mean I should just quietly watch the dignity of these girls get trampled?

g5sIaFc.jpg
Don’t throw a tantrum! Life gave them no choice… they’re lucky to have a pretty face and be able to make a living while bringing joy to others. What’s the harm in it?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Oh? Having a pretty face and bringing joy to everyone? Excellent!

K6kLgfN.jpg
You seem like a toyboy, come here and make me happy! Sing a song, maybe I’ll reward you generously!

tFnmmQH.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Quit the nonsense!

HKpwBf8.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
No? I got money, so why not? Now can you understand the feeling of being treated as a plaything?

Since Oman is in the party she interacts here.

kw0jvWw.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Sorry. Forget what I said. It’s my fault for bringing you here.

xOtZzWv.jpg
Not really. There are lots of beautiful ladies here, quite fun. But they all wear heavy make-up. Are all Han people like this?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling… (Now I understand her feelings… but this will cause serious trouble.)

g5sIaFc.jpg
Hahaha! Intriguing! Girls like you I’ve never encountered before! Your words make sense. Such thoughts never occurred to me…

Some peeps appear attempting to throw us out, to no avail of course. Strangely enough, they look like Feng Du.

GNUQZM4.jpg

9abJRMI.jpg

Long Mo has a really gud internal style and some p. impressive Broadsword skills.

7j7ZeNH.jpg

This battle doesn’t last long.

g8Myxgc.jpg

rJhaOWg.jpg

AnrFY0R.jpg

hkTVrrb.jpg
Clowns? So what? At least it’s much better than some stray dog. You’re not entitled to see the branch master.

g5sIaFc.jpg
Stray dog?

hkTVrrb.jpg
Hehe, indeed. Talented Mr Long created the so-called Swiftblade and abandoned Diancang Swordsmanship. So his father felt humiliated and threw him out of the family. That’s why he’s been here the whole time!

g5sIaFc.jpg
Hahaha! Well, well! How dare some ruffians insult the Master of Diancang Sect!

Gu interferes trying to stop Long Mo from killing the annoying twat.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Stop!

iCT87EM.jpg

g5sIaFc.jpg
None of your business, step away!

HKpwBf8.jpg
They have a foul mouth, but don’t deserve to die… why not just let them go? Besides, killing people of Feng Du would bring disaster to your sect. Surely you don’t want such a terrible outcome!

g5sIaFc.jpg
They show no respect to my father, such behavior cannot be tolerated! Out of the way!

HKpwBf8.jpg
If you insist.

Gu needs to personally take Long Mo down, which is easy to do for the Young Heroes Contest Champion.

GVGdJDy.jpg

2FRW5gt.jpg

MM5ODLg.jpg

2FxcLN2.jpg

However, the Feng Du twat ends up cut in two anyway.

3jqVMSy.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Luck favors me this time. Think it over, that’s all I want you to do.

g5sIaFc.jpg
Indeed. Bullying the weak would only disgrace my father…

g5sIaFc.jpg
To earn my father’s forgiveness, I have no choice but to devote myself to Swiftblade so as to bring glory to Diancang Sect.

CWaiHqC.jpg

hkTVrrb.jpg
Diancang Sect got wiped out during this Acquittal Period! Becoming master will be as pointless as chasing a rainbow!

g5sIaFc.jpg
Im… Impossible! Impossible!

hkTVrrb.jpg
Hahaha! Just a bunch of trash! By the way, we Feng Du killed those good-for-nothings…

It seems this twat is not really from Feng Du, but another infiltrator trying to stir up trouble.

Long Mo kills the faggit and dashes off.

u3TeCMm.jpg

paKQqX9.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Astonishingly swift!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
… (Even Diancang Sect got… but is it true that Feng Du is involved?)

K6kLgfN.jpg
We’d better find and stop him…

sSBLVww.jpg
He seems to want to fight Feng Du with a death wish.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It’s me who caused this mess. I…I can’t let anything happen to him.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch! You realize this now?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Enough, Ji.

sSBLVww.jpg
However, what you said just now makes some sense. His killing spree has nothing to do with you. Put away that scowling face, it’s quite annoying.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Ji is trying to comfort Ziling.)

K6kLgfN.jpg
A-annoying? You’re the annoying one! But… thank you for your concerns.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, come on! Let’s go!

There are some Diancang Sect survivors in the streets to point the way.

10t1dbE.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, I am.

TeyzjQW.jpg
Mr Gu! I have seen young in the Young Heroes Contest! I am Luo Yin of Diancang Sect and this is Gu Hai… the whole sect has only young master and us left… *sob*

TeyzjQW.jpg
*sob* I hate myself… I don’t have enough strength!

HKpwBf8.jpg
We have already heard what happened. In fact, I happened to come across the young master Long some time ago. He has gone berserk. I’m looking for him now.

TeyzjQW.jpg
The killing by young master in the brothel has caused an uproar… we are too weak to take revenge against Feng Du right now… if young master suffers misfortune we will feel really guilty for the late master.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I see. I will find him and stop him from seeking revenge on his own.

TeyzjQW.jpg
Thank you so much! We will be forever indebted!

TeyzjQW.jpg
Young master must have gone to the nearby Branch of Raksha of Feng Du… it is said that this so-called Raksha is very powerful, a skilled spear user. Please be careful.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Anyway, this has something to do with what we’re investigating. Don’t worry, I will do my best.

sSBLVww.jpg
You talk as if you would bring him back in one piece. The disciples of Diancang Sect are of no use, why are you so proactive?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji…

sSBLVww.jpg
You have already promised. Can I make you come back on your word? Hey, you two.

TeyzjQW.jpg
Yes?

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t be so cowardly if you are still disciples of Diancang Sect. Relatively speaking, Long Mo is more courageous than you… OK, let’s go.

TeyzjQW.jpg
I…I…

HKpwBf8.jpg
I apologize for my friend’s behavior. You are the lost hope of Diancang Sect, please take care of yourself. Farewell… I will bring him back.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXIX: Lost an entire update lel

a2Qt3EK.png

Just a summary then of chit that happened

S7AUzY2.jpg

We had a fight with Raksha at Branch of Raksha.

h6XD8Mv.jpg

ULGaREq.jpg

Raksha wasn't responsible for the destruction of Diancang sect, then Chitcan attacks masquerading as Cult of Tianlong.

picCO2Z.jpg

We beat Chitcan and Long Mo leaves for Chengdu.

BkIF0Xe.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXX: The Buddhist Connection

Upon returning to the world map we encounter a messenger from Great Xia Jiang.

93AS3TT.jpg

b9EqlST.jpg

zInAYyf.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I see. For what purpose did you come looking for us?

dX86yE5.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Much appreciated. Please send my thanks to Great Xia Jiang. I’ll get to the bottom of this.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I wonder how Uncle Jiang got hold of this intel and how reliable it is. Gu, perhaps it’s a trap?

sSBLVww.jpg
It’s worth a shot even if there’s a little risk.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I can’t say for sure, either. But it will do no harm to have a look there.

This is another lead to follow.

In the lost update we had also visited the Beggars’ Sect to inquire about the attack on Lu Shaolin. They gave us yet another lead: investigating some Buddhist sutras related to Baima Temple.

D0l53hI.jpg

njlWboQ.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I am a disciple of Xiaoyao Valley, Gu Yuexuan. I came here with Jing Ji and Wei Ziling because of some Buddhist sutras we got hold of. The patterns seem related to Baima Temple so we wanted to ask about it.

MHsy7T2.jpg
These are no common Buddhist sutras, it is one of the sutras our abbot carries.

HKpwBf8.jpg
What do you mean?

MHsy7T2.jpg
We are friendly with Lingyun Temple so the abbot is always in communication with them… some days ago, the abbot picked some precious sutras to send to them. I was standing beside him then.

MHsy7T2.jpg
It was me who put these Buddhist sutras inside the box.

MHsy7T2.jpg
I wonder why they are here?

sSBLVww.jpg
Why did the Buddhist sutras the abbot carried go into the boxes of Golden Wind Security Escorts?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Did the Buddhist sutras get replaced by someone? But… who did it?

K6kLgfN.jpg
It is easy. Let’s just go to Lingyun Temple and find the abbot, open the boxes he carries and compare… then it will be easy to find out who did it.

sSBLVww.jpg
That makes sense. Let’s go and check it!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s go!

Lingyun Temple is on top of Leshan Giant Buddha.

cdwOGVb.jpg

4JIfKF3.jpg

pnbITI5.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master, there’s no point disputing our words. How about you open these chests and take out the scriptures. Then we can compare them to the ones I’m carrying. What do you think?

uVEVeGP.jpg

HytEE4L.jpg
It’s not that I don’t believe what you said… it’s just that the scriptures we’re carrying are for the eyes of monks only. If I take them out to compare them, wouldn’t that be disgracing the monks?

HytEE4L.jpg
I know this is thickheaded and bad for the practice of Buddhism. It’s just that I should spare no effort to protect the reputation of the disciples in the temple.

K6kLgfN.jpg
How can you… be so stubborn…

Just then we are attacked by neenjas out of the blue.

hmrfl58.jpg

tn2hVjj.jpg

GwWk4h3.jpg

The phaggets can evade well but are otherwise easy.

5ri7F6H.jpg

NpqhhXn.jpg

A2knZth.jpg

ldGUI7p.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu, I think maybe it’s the stubbornness of the old monk that earned the hatred of someone so that these Japanese were sent to kill him…

HKpwBf8.jpg
No bullshit, Ji! That’s rude.

sSBLVww.jpg
Alright! I see.

3IIYOV4.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
It must be the ninjas! They must have taken all the chests away during the panic.

sSBLVww.jpg
What do you mean with “ninjas”? What does that mean?

K6kLgfN.jpg
My father once told me that Japanese fighters use special tricks that can also be used in detecting information. It’s called Ninjutsu in Japan.

sSBLVww.jpg
Your father really knows a lot of stuff.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Of course, who do you think my father is?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry to alarm you. It’s good that you are all safe…

HytEE4L.jpg
Thank you for your help… or else we could have died here…

HytEE4L.jpg
Did you know why these Japanese took the chests away?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Maybe it’s about the contents of the chests? Now that we got the scriptures of Baima Temple, there must be something else in the chests…

sSBLVww.jpg
It’s a pity they took it before we could open them…

K6kLgfN.jpg
*sigh* I wonder what was in these chests.

HytEE4L.jpg
It’s my inconsideration that caused all this.

HKpwBf8.jpg
To be honest, there seems to be a lot involved in this. We will get to the bottom of this.

HytEE4L.jpg
Buddha be praised, thank you.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXI: Long Bro

We head to Chengdu to look for Long Mo.

There’s some unrest in the city.

dWV3xWo.jpg

uEAvsfU.jpg

jYEcILw.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Three Sects and Four Houses… Long Mo? What the hell is going on?)

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey, what are you guys talking about?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji…

sSBLVww.jpg
I asked for you since you are interested in it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’m also curious to know what kind of trouble he got himself in.

P4ggaEw.jpg

oeO3LxA.jpg
Three Clans refer to Tangmen Clan, Clan of Matchless Broadsword and Baicao Clan. The four Houses are led by Beastmaster’s Manor and also include Shadowless Kick of Li House, Wire Punch of Hong House and Snake Hand of Chen House.

oeO3LxA.jpg
During this Acquittal period, E’mei has been hiding in the mountains and then Diancang was exterminated by Feng Du. These sects have been removed from Wulin of Sichuan.

sSBLVww.jpg
Diancang sect was not exterminated by Feng Du.

V4qZrmA.jpg
Then who did it?

sSBLVww.jpg
I don’t know, I just know it isn’t Feng Du.

K6kLgfN.jpg
We have heard of it since Diancang suffered such a big calamity. The only survivor of Diancang is their young master Long Mo. Considering your tone, you are… a little unhappy with him.

HOkmEzv.jpg
Not just a little… we really want to get rid of him.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Why do you say that?

HOkmEzv.jpg
Long Mo is a total prodigal. Diancang sect focuses on sword techniques yet he prefers broadsword techniques. He stays in the brothel all day long after he was driven out by his father. I never knew his sect was exterminated. Hehe…

HOkmEzv.jpg
It explains what’s been happening. He desperately wants to prove Diancang has not been exterminated and has come to challenge the three Clans and four Houses. Several disciples have been wounded by him.

V4qZrmA.jpg
I will teach him a lesson if I meet him. But the Clan of Matchless Broadsword suffered the most, as their young master was defeated by Long Mo.

oeO3LxA.jpg
*sigh*

HOkmEzv.jpg
Only Beastmaster’s Manor has been spared. Long Mo has offended almost half of Sichuan.

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Long Mo wants to restore the dignity of Diancang by challenging the three Clans and four Houses alone. What a pitiful man… he doesn’t know who his enemies are and can only vent his anger this way…)

sSBLVww.jpg
This only shows that you are less competent. You can defeat him by your own skill if you want to save face.

V4qZrmA.jpg
What do you know? The rules of Wulin are not decided by you. It is none of your business that we can use whatever means to deal with him. Let’s go!

RjqysOk.jpg

Long Mo has been causing some massive butthurt, defeating many weaklings, including the son of the Master of Matchless Broadsword.

Kr4MsPt.jpg

vnrseXl.jpg

ZIWaN2o.jpg

aLFwGBc.jpg

The butthurt masters hold a meeting on how to deal with Long Mo.

tPYObJ5.jpg

dPEFji0.jpg

W5gtwXK.jpg

6DN0ffN.jpg

x8hKXSm.jpg

sAMqrn1.jpg

TbhdJ16.jpg

0HsuIbq.jpg

jZ3ndU0.jpg
Be quiet for a moment, please. Master Xiahou’s beloved son was hurt by Long Mo. Do you have anything to say, Master Xiahou?

865X25p.jpg

jZ3ndU0.jpg
All your disciples agree with your decision to stay away, Master Xiahou? Are we just taking the rules of Wulin as nothing?

hdC7vd3.jpg
What do you think, Master Tang?

jZ3ndU0.jpg
It’s not my call to decide what to do with him. It’s up to all the masters.

jZ3ndU0.jpg
According to the rules, if you want to kill him, you can vote for stabbing him twice. If you agree to spare his life, you can vote for stabbing him once. If you want to stay out of this, you can just abstain and leave it to us. The minority should submit to the majority and no one will raise objection.

In the end only Gong Guangjie votes to kill Long Mo. Xiahou Cheng abstains. The rest votes for sparing his life but take away his martial arts.

QFQyQpO.jpg

G2kPV4K.jpg

Guess Gu will need to save Long Mo from the masters, but primarily from himself.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXII: Flower Fagget

We must find a way to help Long Mo.

iGqPGj7.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Diancang sect has sunken in Wulin and now if its only successor dies… *sigh* Diancang sect will vanish with the wind. That is just too cruel…

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph! These old men are really unreasonable. How could they draw Long Mo’s fangs just because their disciples are too weak to beat him?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Honesty, Mr Long was too impatient. There are so many ways to improve onself… yet he chose the most impractical one. That is, to oppress others in order to advance himself. It was his fault to break the rules, therefore the masters have shown their mercy by sparing his life.

sSBLVww.jpg
Rules, it’s always all about the rules. The word “rules” always annoys me.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Nothing can be accomplished without rules… some rules may be pedantic though, some rules are just inevitable. Since the masters have to take care of so many people and maintain their livelihood. So, are we just turning a blind eye to it?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Under these circumstances, this decision is settled unless a more prestigious senior intervenes.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Let’s not talk about the Four Houses. The Masters of the Three Sects are of the same status with the Masters of Huashan Mountain and Wudang Mountain. If we need to find someone of higher status… I’m afraid it’s just the abbot of Shaolin and uncle Wuxia Zi.

sSBLVww.jpg
I remember the Tianji Taoist who’s over a hundred years, right? No one lived longer than him, I suppose.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Tianji Taoist has nearly disappeared from Jianghu so it’s not an easy task to find him. Uncle Wuxia Zi and the abbot of Shaolin are both of high prestige and universal respect but they are not related to Sichuan. People of Wulin attach much significance to the division of regions. It is inconvenient for them to intervene.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tut! So you are saying we have no one to ask for help?

HKpwBf8.jpg
That’s not true, there is still one person that can be helpful.

sSBLVww.jpg
Who is it?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Are you thinking to ask… him for a favor, Gu? But, that senior is famously eccentric, I’m afraid…

sSBLVww.jpg
So who are you talking about?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hmm… after careful consideration, only this senior might agree to help.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So you are talking about…

sSBLVww.jpg
Ah, I still have no idea who you are talking about, so just tell me now!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry, Ji, I got lost in thought. We were talking about the Sword Saint.

sSBLVww.jpg
So it’s him! The Fastest Sword as the old man once said?

HKpwBf8.jpg
The Sword Saint was almost invincible in his early years and rumor has it that his Kung fu was as good as Nagaraja of the Cult of Tianlong… speaking of his temperament, however, he is quite unpredictable. Master once told me that he did the most terrible job in dealing with people like him.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Have you been to Luoyang Flower Festival last year, Gu and Ji?

HKpwBf8.jpg
No, why?

sSBLVww.jpg
Why should we? We are not the Floriculturist, fiddling with flowers and plants all day.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’ve been there are and met a man calling himself the Flower Saint. He was a venerable man with immortal strength and great presence. He planted a beautiful fiery peony but was a little eclipsed by the Floriculturist’s.

sSBLVww.jpg
So?

K6kLgfN.jpg
The former Sword Saint has become the Flower Saint!

HKpwBf8.jpg
The Sword Saint was at the Flower Festival? I’ve heard that he became fascinated with gardening after his retirement but that never occurred to me.

K6kLgfN.jpg
There is always some arrogance in the heart of people like him. He was invincible in swordsmanship and now he’s trying to become matchless in gardening. You really should see what he was like, when he lost to the Floriculturist. He badgered her to teach him.

sSBLVww.jpg
How did you know he was the Sword Saint?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Because I was with my father. And my father knows more than us. He said it was the Sword Saint and he would not make mistakes about that.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Oh, I see. We are going to ask the Floriculturist for help and maybe she can persuade the Sword Saint to mediate between Long Mo and the Three Sects and Four Houses.

K6kLgfN.jpg
We have no other option…

We head to Wangyou Valley to recruit the Floriculturist.

q1NsDVH.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Now is not the time to admire the beauty of flowers!

aIm6gE2.jpg
Peony… is blooming now. It is a good time!

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
This Floriculturist is so cute!

sSBLVww.jpg
*soft-voiced* I think she is a little pedantic.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Your flowers are absolutely beautiful. But one of our friends is in a bad situation right now. We are here to find help for him.

aIm6gE2.jpg
Oh… you are not here for my flowers… then what’s the matter?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Are you familiar with the Sword Saint, or Flower Saint?

aIm6gE2.jpg
You mean… Master Fu. I…I know him. In the last Luoyang Flower Festival, his Fiery Peony was so beautiful.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Your brilliant White Peony is better. And you also won the first prize with it!

aIm6gE2.jpg
!! You… you are here too? The Brilliant White Peony is also called Moonlight Peony… and…

sSBLVww.jpg
You are still the same as always. You become enthusiastic when it comes to flowers.

aIm6gE2.jpg
Sorry… I’m puffed up with pride. You must be impatient at my… speech. You want to visit Master Fu?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes.

uMH2EvI.jpg

VWjsn34.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thank you, sister! You are so kind!

aIm6gE2.jpg
Not at all. I have a friend in Chengdu named Hua Weng. He often exchanges experience in horticulture with Master Fu.

aIm6gE2.jpg
I will send word to him and have him invite Master Fu. However… Master Fu is a little unsympathetic… I’m afraid that he will refuse to help us.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Anyway, we need to try.

aIm6gE2.jpg
Okay… wait for me… a moment. I will go with you!

The Floriculturist can be a decent character. She even has Lady internal style.

ql8eaEa.jpg

ZmwZ6dl.jpg

With Floriculturist in party we head to Chengdu.

EVCNLse.jpg

p0tXy2a.jpg

2s58Nlx.jpg
How about this Drunk Lotus, Fu?

PAa1NOb.jpg

glEnhNA.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I see, thanks for your explanation.

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Eh? You are finally here, Li.

2s58Nlx.jpg
You are here, Mingjiu. This Drunk Lotus is difficult to take care of…

sSBLVww.jpg
(How long will they talk about flowers?)

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Why did you bring these irrelevant people here?

aIm6gE2.jpg
Let me introduce you. This is Yuexuan and Jing Ji… and this is Ziling.

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Why the hell aren’t they talking? Are they mutes?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry, we’re being impolite. I’m Gu Yuexuan of Xiaoyao Valley…

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Xiaoyao Valley? Hmm, the disciple of Wuxia Zi. Look, you seem the same as Wuxia Zi when he was young… it really makes me…

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Makes you nostalgic?)

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Makes me angry!

Sword Fagget prolly got cucked by Wuxia Zi in the past.

K6kLgfN.jpg

Vy31Bo0.jpg
This gathering is meant for only us three, Li Mingjiu. Do you want to make me angry by bringing these lackeys here? And this is the first disciple of Wuxia Zi.

2s58Nlx.jpg
Don’t be angry, Fu. We’re just meeting new friends!

aIm6gE2.jpg
I’m really sorry, Fu. It’s my fault not to tell you in advance…

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Forget it. I should have known you don’t understand the ways of the world. Let them go, to say one more word is a waste of breath.

K6kLgfN.jpg
(This Sword Saint’s temperament… is really strange.)

sSBLVww.jpg
You say she doesn’t understand the ways of the world? I think you are the same! Hmm, you didn’t ask my name.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji!!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Alas… speaking of not understanding the ways of the world… we also have one.

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Then who are you again?

sSBLVww.jpg
Jing Ji of Xiaoyao Valley. And this is Wei Ziling, the daughter of Wei Bao.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Nice to meet you, Master Flower Saint.

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Interesting, your character is entirely different from Wuxia Zi. It seems like Xuanming. I like you better than them.

Xuanming refers to Xuanming Zi, former disciple of Xiaoyao Valley who went to join with Tianlong and became Wuxia Zi’s archenemy.

HKpwBf8.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Who is Xuanming? I almost forgot, we need your help.

Vy31Bo0.jpg
What?

sSBLVww.jpg
Long Mo of Diancang Sect has gotten into trouble and is being chased by the Three Clans and Four Houses. Can we ask you to protect him since you have high prestige?

K6kLgfN.jpg
…it is… so direct (However, maybe this is the most effective).

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Hum! Get out of here now! I don’t care about the trivial matters in Jianghu anymore.

sSBLVww.jpg
You are so stubborn! What do you want for your help?

aIm6gE2.jpg
Master Fu… here you are.

Vy31Bo0.jpg
These are… the seeds of the Brilliant White Peony? The flower than won the last Flower Festival? Great! I really can’t get this kind of flower… so pure white and flawless… just like her…

Apparently Sword Fagget had a thing for Xiao Xiao as well.

aIm6gE2.jpg
These are the flower seeds… I cultivated them carefully. The flowers will be more white… in the evening.

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Thank you. I accept this gift.

aIm6gE2.jpg
Alright…

2s58Nlx.jpg
Now that you have received Mingjiu’s gift, you’d better help them this time. Or else it’s just mean.

sSBLVww.jpg
Right. This is the best way of returning the favor to her if you can help us.

Vy31Bo0.jpg
… you are ganging up on me?

K6kLgfN.jpg
No no no, we are really…

Vy31Bo0.jpg
This is so shameless. Damned Wuxia Zi.

sSBLVww.jpg
Why do you insult my master?!

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Hum! I curse him!

HKpwBf8.jpg
We are being rude this time. Let’s leave now. I will find another way to help Long Mo.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu…

sSBLVww.jpg
OK. I also don’t want his help.

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Your name is Gu Yuexuan, right? You are a man of integrity. I have changed my mind. If you want me to help…

sSBLVww.jpg
Who needs your help? Yuexuan has said that we can find another way ourselves!

Vy31Bo0.jpg
No matter what you choose to do, I will help now.

sSBLVww.jpg
…you prefer to do the opposite, right?

Vy31Bo0.jpg
However, you need to prove your qualification. I will help you, if you can take my three attacks.

K6kLgfN.jpg
This embarrasses us. You are the number one in Wulin, how could we deflect your attack?

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t be like this, I can do it!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Come on, Master Fu.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You… okay, let’s have a try.

Vy31Bo0.jpg
OK, take care!

sMik5Rd.jpg

3tPyGYd.jpg

Sword Fagget has a ridiculous internal style, he can kill you by just standing around.

fjYX0kT.jpg

By being defensive Gu can survive. Plus he can trigger invulnerability when necessary.

paBlz4s.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, senior!

Shinji gets a new skill from the Sword Saint.

5E6nk6j.jpg

In the meantime, Long Mo is kicking ass.

E9W6wlF.jpg

uPD7OlX.jpg

Long Mo is attacked by a group led by three lesser Masters.

f4YPZtk.jpg

fUulKgs.jpg

y9prZ0V.jpg

Ks0lAKy.jpg

g5sIaFc.jpg
Hahaha! Destroy my martial arts and banish me? No way! No one can leave here alive.

jZ3ndU0.jpg
We don’t destroy you, but you destroy yourself. Hoho, you are too young.

7qcV81A.jpg
Lord Tang, let’s just kill this stubborn boy.

jZ3ndU0.jpg
We can’t change the rules. We don’t kill him but if he commits suicide, that’s another thing.

7qcV81A.jpg
Haha, you are right, someone just wants to die.

hdC7vd3.jpg

jZ3ndU0.jpg
Master Hong, Master Chen, Master Li, please.

g5sIaFc.jpg
Take it!!!

Long Mo can easily defeat this first group. It also helps that he starts the fight buffed.

9P7fHq7.jpg

BEyvhVh.jpg

Rw3uMRm.jpg

9dP71PB.jpg

Tour’s over though when he needs to face the three other Masters. By then he gets debuffed to ensure his loss.

hK1wZZ9.jpg

uaOEq3a.jpg

v7vIiek.jpg

g5sIaFc.jpg
Bad news travels fast, but I like to to bad things. I am sorry if I ruined the reputation of the Three Sects and Four Houses.

The three aren’t exceptionally strong individually but as a group they’re not beatable. The debuff doesn’t help either.

tvTjQ6u.jpg

VrZ0zFG.jpg

gvp1FxT.jpg

n45PJGA.jpg

XjFOO7p.jpg

Q03fFkS.jpg

jZ3ndU0.jpg
Diancang must be proud to have trained a guy like you.

g5sIaFc.jpg
Tang Fei, you don’t seem sincere in your utterance.

jZ3ndU0.jpg

Indeed.

7qcV81A.jpg
Master Tang, do it! From now on, there will be no Long Mo in Wulin anymore and Diancang ends here. You did this to yourself and your clan.

g5sIaFc.jpg
As I said, no one in Diancang would bear being disabled. We’d rather die and never accept a humiliation inflicted on to us.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Stop!

Gu arrives in time to save the day… or not.

WfdjfZx.jpg

g5sIaFc.jpg
Brother Gu?

7qcV81A.jpg
Gu, it is none of your business. Step aside, please!

jZ3ndU0.jpg
Such authority you people from Xiaoyao Valley have. Even Shaolin and Wudang have no right to interfere in the business of Wulin of Sichuan province, let alone you. Even if Master Wuxia Zi was here, it would not change a thing.

3q4P9VK.jpg

cfOH5zQ.jpg

hdC7vd3.jpg
The Sword Saint!

Vy31Bo0.jpg
The master of the sword is past. Now I am the god of flowers! Do not utter those two words or you will be sorry.

7qcV81A.jpg
W…Why…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Masters, is there anyone in Wulin who is the equal of the master of flowers, I pray?

jZ3ndU0.jpg
Fu, it was decided by the Three Sects and Four Houses and witnessed by the deputy of Wushuang Sect. Even though you are extraordinary, you can break the long-lasting rules of Wulin of Sichuan only with your words.

jZ3ndU0.jpg
If you want to protect him, nobody will be genuinely convinced.

Vy31Bo0.jpg
Who said I want to help him? This guy is really cocky, abandoning the sword for the blade. Is a sword really worse than a blade? Ridiculous, that’s just ridiculous.

ZqTG7AF.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Senior! How… how dare you!!

jZ3ndU0.jpg
His pulse is disorderly and there’s no inner force in him at all. He’s ruined.

sSBLVww.jpg
You! Aren’t you here to mediate? How can you take their side?

Vy31Bo0.jpg
And why should I care about what you think? Take him out of here.

jZ3ndU0.jpg
Heh! Thank you for the justice.

HKpwBf8.jpg

In the end, it was all a trick by the Sword Saint.

95jQpzq.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
How are you feeling, Long?

sSBLVww.jpg
His martial art was ruined by others, how could he feel?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I didn’t expect that we would be so helpless… even with senior Sword Saint there.

HKpwBf8.jpg
No, maybe we misunderstand.

sSBLVww.jpg
What do you mean?

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are awake, Long? Let him talk himself.

g5sIaFc.jpg
Where… where is this place?

XM3lAdP.jpg

g5sIaFc.jpg
In which direction did the Sword Saint go?!

HKpwBf8.jpg
The north.

hJbBcEZ.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
This… what the hell is going on?

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s right! Senior Sword Saint… he took your martial art, yet you kneel for him and thank him… I’m really confused.

g5sIaFc.jpg
Took my martial art? Hahaha!

Long Mo wasn’t deprived of his martial art at all. Rather the reverse.

2grcsAZ.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
You are even tougher than before?

HKpwBf8.jpg
The senior used a kind of advanced Qigong. He blocked the pulse inside Long and disguised him as a man without any martial art.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The energy inside Long merged with his own inner force and this not only healed him but added to his own power.

g5sIaFc.jpg
It’s just not that easy to tolerate. Though I was in a coma these past days I could still feel extreme pain inside. I will think twice if I have the chance to do this again! Ha ha!

sSBLVww.jpg
But the pain is totally worth it if you get stronger afterwards.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Eh! We have all been mistaken about Senior Sword Saint for days. Gu is bad too for not telling us even though he knew.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Heh. I was not sure too. Long waking up proved my suspicions.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It’s good that it ended well.

g5sIaFc.jpg
Gu, thank you for saving me several times. I don’t know how to repay you. My life is yours from now on.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t say that. Long, I think of you as my friend and that’s what friends do for each other. But, I need to tell you something as a friend.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We are all sorry about what happened to Diancang Sect. I know that you want to revive your sect but you are going about it the wrong way. Martial arts are meant to stop fighting instead of showing that you are better than others.

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Seldom have we seen Gu so angry.)

g5sIaFc.jpg
Yes, I was so wrong. I was so wrong! I will listen to what you say from now on, elder brother.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Elder brother?

g5sIaFc.jpg
I have said that I owe you my life. I shall surely listen to you. I am not joking when I call you elder brother. I mean it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
But… you are older than me… it feels wrong.

g5sIaFc.jpg
Alright, I will not call you that but I will take you as an elder brother in my heart. That should be fine then.

HKpwBf8.jpg
*sigh*

l9GtdrR.jpg

We can add Long Mo as a party member now. He’s indeed strong, but we’re reserving a place for Hongshang instead.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXIII: Luoyang Conspiracy

Shi Yi is in some trouble in Jingyang Ridge.

JZNVXhn.jpg

sAKKFn7.jpg

2houKVz.jpg
Is my Sea Shark Clan destined to perish? No, no! Ahh!

Uk3vXA5.jpg

v2c0Ezp.jpg

2houKVz.jpg
Bullshit! That is all bullshit. I would rather give up my life than satisfy you.

lusmasw.jpg

6IuBvlz.jpg

dCyddVp.jpg

We need Shi Yi to continue the main quest and need to save him.

WALKLna.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s go help him!

Shi Yi is an offensive staff user. Actually a good character.

HzjURQV.jpg

Ste3soq.jpg

0eQaIjS.jpg

h9US6fa.jpg

Shi Yi joins us for a while. He’s related to the matter Hongshang wants to deal with.

NUNzRWf.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I am sorry for that.

2houKVz.jpg
*sigh*…

2houKVz.jpg
Eh? This girl looks familiar. Have I seen her before?

HKpwBf8.jpg
This is Wei Ziling, you have met in Hangzhou before…

2houKVz.jpg
Oh yeah? Haha! But I would never forget such a pretty face… I don’t remember her at all. Am I getting old?

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are a busy man, it is understandable.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You’re all lard and no brain!

sSBLVww.jpg
It’s not something he would mention out loud in the first place. I wouldn’t remember it either.

K6kLgfN.jpg
And I don’t want him to remember! It’s not the same thing! Don’t run your mouth!

HKpwBf8.jpg
There was a lackey from the Imperial Court here… could you explain this to me?

2houKVz.jpg
Humpf, those men were here to take me in for the bounty!

sSBLVww.jpg
Bounty? You Sea Shark Clan are really something with the court putting that on your heads.

2houKVz.jpg
Get lost! Some rats framed us for kidnapping Black Necro’s bride, Princess Mu Ping, and the destruction of the house of Duke Mu.

When Shi Yan is in the party, she will get cold feet for some reason.

aaq5dsj.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Black Necro is the pirate king of the East Sea. Even the Imperial Court dreads him but since they were behind the marriage arrangement there is no way they will take him on.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Now that Princess Mu Ping got kidnapped and the house of Duke Mu destroyed, these events will deal a heavy blow to the Imperial Court’s reputation and will invoke the wrath of Black Necro… no wonder the Imperial Court is eager to capture all the suspects.

sSBLVww.jpg
Sea Shark Clan and Black Necro all deal in sea business, that is true. Hey, did you really do all this?

2houKVz.jpg
We didn’t do anything! It’s just Luoyang looking for a scapegoat! Damn courts…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Kidnapping? Killing? That does not fit the Sea Shark Clan’s profile… (Although they are troublemakers, they would never do anything like that).

2houKVz.jpg
That’s right! You are one of the smart guys! Sadly, most people are only after the bounty, not the truth.

2houKVz.jpg
We earn our living by the sea and were looking for ways to deal with those pirates. Sadly, we don’t have the strength for it. Our lives belong to the sea, we shall never let our deaths be at the hand of landlubbers!

K6kLgfN.jpg
You are right. Sea Shark Clan is not a small clan, but to take on Black Necro… shrimps can’t fight a whale. If I may say so.

2houKVz.jpg
It’s alright if those dogs want our heads, but we can’t drag our people with us…

2houKVz.jpg
The Grandmaster didn’t escape, he is being held prisoner in Luoyang right now.

2houKVz.jpg
Gu, I want to ask you to come with me to Luoyang , find the true culprit and save the Grandmaster!

sSBLVww.jpg
Save your Grandmaster? Are we going to say yes?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Lives are on stake here, we can’t walk away from this. Besides, something is not right about this… it might have something to do with this Mysterious organization we are after. Shi, we will help you.

Shi Yan really gets cold feet at this point.

WWwv2T7.jpg

2houKVz.jpg
Gu! Thank you. Sea Shark Clan will help you in return if Xiaoyao Valley needs us.

sSBLVww.jpg
We will see about that!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, I think you might need a soothsayer. Everywhere you go, you always get into these kinds of nasty affairs.

sSBLVww.jpg
You might be the one causing us bad luck.

K6kLgfN.jpg
How dare you!! But, whatever.

sSBLVww.jpg
I don’t even care.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Shi, how exactly did Sea Shark Clan get framed?

2houKVz.jpg
Xiong was in Luoyang, attending the annual meeting of the clans at the house of Duke Mu. Xiong past out during the party. After he woke up, he found himself drenched in blood and and the house of Duke Mu was filled with dead bodies… you know what happened next.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hmm… I think you should lay low for now. We will come for you if we have information.

2houKVz.jpg
No… I am going with you. I need to prove my own innocence and save Xiong.

K6kLgfN.jpg
But…

sSBLVww.jpg
We can’t stop him.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I understand your feelings, Shi. Let’s go to Luoyang and find out the truth.

We’ll team up with Shi Yi, then.

kQwMnty.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, this is too grave. You should go back to House Wei. You wouldn’t want Master Wei to get all worried about you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, now you are looking down on me. I realize how entangled this plot is ever since we started the investigation of the Acquittal Period. I wouldn’t stay with you this long if I were afraid.

HKpwBf8.jpg
But…

sSBLVww.jpg
Save it, you can’t stop her anyway.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Did you just say what I was thinking just now? Anyway… you are right. I am going with you, no matter what.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! You just won’t go away.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Silly boy. Remember you got a pretty and clever sister like me. Don’t be so rude now.

sSBLVww.jpg
Whatever…

0jE749h.jpg

Actually at this point we have a lot of staff related skills and even internal styles for Shi Yi to learn that would make him very powerful. But he prolly won’t be around that long.

i6EHH6S.jpg

Next up, we have things to clear up in Luoyang.

PB0CDDI.jpg

nowo7jL.jpg

2houKVz.jpg
We should go to the mansion of Mu if we want to find out more about the culprit. The problem is that the mansion of Mu was sealed and the bodies were moved away…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Whoever committed the murder, he must have killed them with martial arts. We should check the bodies to find out the particulars. How about we find information on where the bodies were moved first?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Shi Yi is now a major suspect. It’s too conspicuous to ask around in the city.

2houKVz.jpg
Then what do we do?

K6kLgfN.jpg
How about we go to the joss sticks and candles shop and buy something used for memorial services. We can pretend to be mourning relatives. Meanwhile we find out some information from the show owner. What do you think?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, that’s a good idea. Let’s do it.

RHlFWU1.jpg

IC519Ur.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Right. Aunt, I have a distant cousin working in the mansion of Mu but he died in the massacre. We came all the way to pay our respects to this cousin but we don’t know where to find his corpse. Do you by any chance know where I can find the corpses of those who were massacred at the mansion of Duke Mu?

jvBxsZG.png
Little girl, look at the expression on your face. You must be wanting to pay respect to your lover instead of your cousin. *sigh* The dead can’t be brought back to life. You should restrain your grief and find another good man.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You are right… but where can I find the corpse of my… my cousin?

jvBxsZG.png
Ah, most corpses related to the massacre were taken away. The rest such as the servants or the guards are kept in the coffin repository. You can go there to check.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thanks, Aunt.

5Po4URk.jpg

2houKVz.jpg
Can we just swagger in like that?

K6kLgfN.jpg
It’s getting dark, how about we go and check it at night in case we alert the enemy.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Excellent.

At this point, Shi Yan will actually leave the party.

FTa66CN.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Miss Shi…

HQLOQda.jpg

We head to the coffin repository at night but there’s an ambush anyway.

TbZ7ILC.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t worry, it’s just the blowing wind moving the coffins…

2houKVz.jpg
Gu, do you see anything weird?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes… these people should have been killed with blades but if so, they should’ve looked terrified as they were slain from the front.

2houKVz.jpg
Gu, what are you saying?

HKpwBf8.jpg
If they were killed by blades there wouldn’t be so little blood on their clothes… I’m afraid these people didn’t die from blades but instead from powerful inner forces.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Shi, is there anyone in Sea Shark Clan with powerful inner force?

2houKVz.jpg
No, we Sea Shark Clan make our living at sea, we all depend on strength. There’s not anybody with powerful inner force.

HKpwBf8.jpg
If so, then indeed Sea Shark Clan was framed on purpose.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu… now that we know these people weren’t killed by Sea Shark Clan, we don’t have to linger here any longer, how about… we leave here before anyone notices us.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling is right, let’s leave here.

A fagget we haven’t seen in a long time shows up.

x3omhS1.jpg

6Ibvbsb.jpg

fIeBCPC.jpg

2houKVz.jpg
We Sea Shark Clan may not be good guys but we didn’t commit this massacre. Don’t even think about blaming us just because you are men from the Imperial Court.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Commander You, we just discovered that the cause of death of these people is not so simple, it’s not related…

afeGHFf.jpg
Right or wrong, somebody in charge will decide! Gu Yuexuan, I forgive you for your ignorance to team up with a murder suspect. Listen to me and don’t help the criminal or I will have no choice but to take you into custody as well.

sSBLVww.jpg
I think you are the criminal!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Commander, I am sorry but I can’t let you take Shi Yi into custody until everything is cleared up.

There’s a fight with You Jin and some guards where we’re supposed to hold out for 8 rounds.

ghjiV6Y.jpg

Unfortunately for him, the mooks he brought are very weak.

xGQDSHd.jpg

By Turn 3 You Jin is all alone.

wV9ndjf.jpg

Remember when this dude seemed like a god at the beginning of the game? Now he’s on his own and goes down like a little bitch.

8gAYvx9.jpg

U0ylwCh.jpg

0UOZJtx.jpg

Jrwane8.jpg

Even with You Jin beaten, we “lose” in a cutscene.

zNTafPT.jpg

d7E4l82.jpg

We are saved by the gurl that left a short while ago.

pIQBl6w.jpg

zvAUtao.jpg

eYlRee1.jpg

r3aiyqy.jpg
Hehe, is this the way to treat your savior?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you very much for helping.

r3aiyqy.jpg
Hehe, to hijack people directly from under the eyes of the Imperial Guard… I wanted to do so for a very long time. It looks like I got another achievement.

K6kLgfN.jpg
But, we may not be rid of the crime of “collusion with bandits”…

r3aiyqy.jpg
If you are talking about the massacre at the mansion of Mu…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Do you know something?

r3aiyqy.jpg
Hehe, actually I was on a roof girder when the massacre happened, so I saw everything.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What? Why didn’t you mention this earlier? Now we are at this gloomy place late at night and hunted as criminals by the Imperial Guard…

r3aiyqy.jpg
Hehehe, don’t you think this is exciting?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Nevermind. Did you witness the culprits? We need to find the real killer.

r3aiyqy.jpg
I did see, but I didn’t recognize them. They were very tough people. I was too terrified on the roof girder to move or make any noise. I just watched them slaughter everyone at the mansion of Mu and capture the Princess.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Miss Shi, what did they look like, do you remember?

r3aiyqy.jpg
Yes, they were a man and a woman. The man was middle-aged, all in fine clothes. The woman looked very weird. She was not a Buddhist nun yet she was bald.

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu, you’ve been around. Do you recall anyone matching this description?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hmm… no. It seems like it won’t be so easy to quickly find the real killers for now. It’s good that Miss Shi has witnessed the whole thing. It shouldn’t be so hard now to clear Sea Shark Clan.

K6kLgfN.jpg
With Miss Shi’s reputation, I am afraid it won’t be that easy.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling does have a point. We should get some real evidence.

r3aiyqy.jpg
Alright, I got things to take care of. Goodbye. You can find me in the woods if you need me.

After this nonsense she pulled, we’ll mostly be using Fatty from now on.

0g7oyap.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
What do we do now, Gu?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hmm… it looks like we have to find those two who slaughtered everyone at the mansion of Mu.

2houKVz.jpg
Thank you for saving my life, Gu. I will never forget.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s no big deal.

K6kLgfN.jpg
We should sneak out right now. In the morning You Jin will receive more people to search and it will be harder to escape.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Alright, let’s do it.

There’s some kind of minigame to get out of the city.

iwrLVoi.jpg

1rFEaVq.jpg

3YLMZcL.jpg

QOGBYKL.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXIV: Box Girl

We report back to Hongshang at East Ferry.

a7udQqJ.jpg

ULsvIoH.jpg

JpkXCpY.jpg
Finally you’re here! While you were away, we managed to locate the seaborne strongpoint of Black Necro.

9xcoN9p.jpg
Humph, the Japanese turtle has nowhere to hide now! I’m gonna tear its shell apart.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thunder Hall is truly impressive! We also got some solid clues…

tIBZZuG.jpg

JpkXCpY.jpg
So Sea Shark Clan was wronged in the first place… Besides, it’s said that Black Necro was trained by the Japanese “Winddevil Tribe”. This remarkable tribe specially cultivates ninjas.

JpkXCpY.jpg
The ninjas who attacked you are probably followers of Black Necro.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So Black Necro tried to rob Baima Temple. Thus… the missing boxes must have something to do with Black Necro.

9xcoN9p.jpg
So? Where are the boxes now?

HKpwBf8.jpg
While we were in the middle of a fierce fight against the Japanese ninjas, the cargo was stolen by others accidentally.

9xcoN9p.jpg
Tch! Nothing helpful.

The Four Stooges appear out of nowhere just then.

gKhswpY.jpg

bOOhJDm.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Ji…? What?

D7L1fUa.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
You bastards!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hahahaha...

sSBLVww.jpg
You… Humph!

SwFto3Y.jpg

PCLkmFx.jpg
Are you blind? Nowadays boys like to dress like girls. Didn’t you wear your mother’s dudou?

Ny9MnXZ.png

Iv8uw6W.jpg
Damn you!

tVLUmFG.jpg

PCLkmFx.jpg
It’s definitely a man dressing like a woman. Finger-guessing game! The winner gets the chance to verify with his hands.

SOYYI8u.jpg
Enough. I think she’s an eunuch…

sSBLVww.jpg
Hahaha! Hey, little eunuch, why don’t you speak…

K6kLgfN.jpg
You… are outrageous…

sSBLVww.jpg
(…Why am I feeling chills up my spine?)

HKpwBf8.jpg
“Four Dragons of the Great Mountain”, who wouldn’t know these four heroes? Back in the tavern, your gallant spirit deserved my attention. So why are you coming here today?

J6wPtwo.jpg
We’re heroes, didn’t you hear?

Iv8uw6W.jpg
Didn’t we get beaten up last time? Heroes? More like losers.

PCLkmFx.jpg
Bah, we didn’t pull out all stops or they wouldn’t have a chance. We’re renowned seniors and should care about the younger generation.

Iv8uw6W.jpg
Well, that makes sense.

9xcoN9p.jpg
Cut the crap! I don’t have time for your babbling.

SOYYI8u.jpg
Here is the thing. The other day we snatched something…

sSBLVww.jpg
What? I’m confused.

J6wPtwo.jpg
When you were talking to the monks of Baima Temple and then fighting the Japanese ninjas we stole… the boxes out of poverty…

SOYYI8u.jpg
Nonsense! Poverty or not, we steal anyway. And we never lie!

J6wPtwo.jpg
Don’t be stupid! If we tell the truth, what if we get our ass kicked again?

SOYYI8u.jpg
But our goal is still to be decent… thieves.

F0ztTL3.jpg

SOYYI8u.jpg
Forgive us! Didn’t we come here to admit the truth? We never opened the box and looked at the “thing” within. We want you guys to have it.

sSBLVww.jpg
You…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Enough, Ji. While we were in the middle of a fight against villains, the four heroes took care of the box for us. Am I right?

PCLkmFx.jpg
Yes, yes! You’re reasonable!

sSBLVww.jpg
So I’m unreasonable?!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, be lenient whenever possible. Let them off the hook since they’ve confessed. People like them lack others’ respect.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, boring!

Iv8uw6W.jpg
We hid the box somewhere secret, why don’t you follow us?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe, sorry for the trouble, four heroes. You two wanna tag along?

9xcoN9p.jpg
What a mysterious box they’re talking about. Perhaps it’s related to Black Necro? Zhan Hong, let’s go.

JpkXCpY.jpg
Hehehe, alright. (Though acting prudent, she’s obviously interested. What a stubborn girl.)

Turns out there’s wombyn inside the box.

MWDCYu3.jpg

YzFWr7L.jpg

Dz8Z2OH.jpg

J6wPtwo.jpg
Unexpectly there lies a sleeping beauty…

PCLkmFx.jpg
We could have saved the trouble asking for your help and just let her sleep!

Iv8uw6W.jpg
Well now, this beauty belongs to you and has nothing to do with us!

sSBLVww.jpg
As expected, you’re afraid she may not survive and leave everything up to us.

9xcoN9p.jpg
Tch, cut the crap. Save her.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Indeed, let’s check on her condition.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hmm… judging from her complexion she’s not in a coma because of poison. Maybe she’s in hibernation?

sSBLVww.jpg
Really? She’s not a bear or a snake!

K6kLgfN.jpg
So our Great Xia Jing has a better explanation?

sSBLVww.jpg
Probably she’s practicing the Trance of Convalescence.

HKpwBf8.jpg
She’s doesn’t seem to have inner force. Someone may have sealed a critical acupoint, turning her into a kind of stasis state.

JpkXCpY.jpg
You mean she’s still conscious?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Judging by the twitches around her eyes and her fluctuating pulse when we approach, I’m afraid so.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, how do we help her? She’ll die due to blocked blood circulation if nothing improves.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Whoever sealed her acupoint must’ve used a very ingenious force as the sealed acupoint is a strange one. Unless we use the exact same technique things could go south.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So what can we do? We have no idea about the acupuncture technique and who used it, we can’t just watch her…

HKpwBf8.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand?

PCLkmFx.jpg
What’s that? Sounds no good.

bMUw2B5.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Jing Ji, how do you know this?

sSBLVww.jpg
How? Hasn’t master told you? That day I went to Wangyou Valley with him, Celestial Melody happened to play a song called “The song of sea and waves”.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The song that made the Scholar and Painted hurry away red-faced when they heard it?

sSBLVww.jpg
Who knows, perhaps. Master said I’m too young to understand the depths of that song…

AqSP3xK.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Master also said this is a remarkable martial art, channeling one’s inner force into it, which made me a little interested. But using melody against enemies? Tch, boring.

2rfJBiu.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Xiao, Ji means no offense.

sSBLVww.jpg
Then, out of a sudden, the tune of Celestial Melody rose and seemed both close and distant simultaneously which made me feel sick. I felt better after Master patted my shoulder. In my eyes, her playing became mysterious, her ten fingers seemed to double and even triple.

sSBLVww.jpg
Master said Celestial Melody was playing with “Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand”. Master told me it’s Celestial Melody’s unique technique. If an acupoint is sealed with it, only the same brilliant technique could solve the problem.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Alright… Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand. Celestial Melody must have a way of helping this girl. Jing Ji, thanks for reminding me.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch! I suppose at your age you suffer from amnesia.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe, Jing Ji can remember nothing but martial arts.

sSBLVww.jpg
Enough with the babbling!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Without further ado, we’d better hurry to see Celestial Melody in Wangyou Valley.

9xcoN9p.jpg
I and Zhan Hong will stay and attend her. Humph, these ruffians cannot be trusted.

Iv8uw6W.jpg
We’re Four Dragons of the Great Mountain, taking advantage of another’s perilous state is impossible! Absolutely impossible!

sSBLVww.jpg
You’re right, we can’t rely on these people.

JpkXCpY.jpg
Rest assured and come back soon in case her condition gets worse.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you.

CqzoYtg.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXV: Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand

We go to see Celestial Melody in Wangyou Valley.

VYuJmea.jpg

cfAAato.jpg

ezdN38c.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
We want to learn your Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand.

k7KDvzW.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, show your respect. Senior Celestial Melody, we were asking because a friend of us was hit by an enemy on an acupoint.

HKpwBf8.jpg
If we can’t save her quickly, I am worried that she might die. My master used to say your Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand is excellent. Can you teach us the way to unlock the acupoint?

k7KDvzW.jpg
Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand is my sect’s secret arte. Leave.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Can we at least talk about it? Our friend is in danger. Helping others leads to good karma. Besides, Gu is not a bad guy, so your arte will not be used for ill.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Please reconsider. You helped to raise Gu, he is just like an apprentice to you… you know him well.

k7KDvzW.jpg
Looks like you are the daughter of Wei Bao.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
…Ziling, daughter of Wei Bao.

k7KDvzW.jpg
I don’t care about my secret arte. Our sect was founded on the single idea of being “unorthodox”. Our founder was not constrained by anything, we should be the same.

sSBLVww.jpg
Then why are you not teaching us?

k7KDvzW.jpg
I didn’t say that.

sSBLVww.jpg
Eh? But you just said…

k7KDvzW.jpg
Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand is our treasure, not everyone can practice it. Our arte focuses on speed and accuracy. It’s simple yet unorthodox. Xuan is good but he is too aplomb, he can’t use strange moves.

k7KDvzW.jpg
Ji is a free spirit but his temper holds him back. You will never master artes that do not suit you. Besides, the power you need to unlock the acupoint needs to be precise.

sSBLVww.jpg
How about this, you go with us. Or we take her to you.

k7KDvzW.jpg
No. I practiced Soul Fading Melody when I was too young and it hurt my inner force. I can use Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand but cannot unlock its true power.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Well…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Please teach me, Senior. I can master it.

9uWh9T5.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, Ziling is familiar to Celestial Melody in many ways…

sSBLVww.jpg
Yeah, she must be able to use it. Please teach her, Celestial Melody.

k7KDvzW.jpg
Follow me.

Ziling must spar with Celestial Melody.

oWHe35q.jpg

Wmoq6fW.jpg

QN6s5nc.jpg

k7KDvzW.jpg
Your mood changes again.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Every family has a skeleton in the cupboard… I thought you would teach me Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand.

k7KDvzW.jpg
I said too much. I can teach you, but on one condition.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Please say it.

k7KDvzW.jpg
Don’t hurt those two.

K6kLgfN.jpg
…!! What are you saying… why would I hurt them.

k7KDvzW.jpg
You don’t mean to, but the better you treat them, the more likely you will deeply hurt them. You understand me?

K6kLgfN.jpg
No, I don’t understand.

k7KDvzW.jpg
Sound has a soul. That is all. This is Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand, look carefully.

All Celestial Melody’s techniques ignore defenses, but unlike Gandharva she has nothing very damaging.

malAJLT.jpg

fMyrbxS.jpg

3tBcCmS.jpg

dKT3b5B.jpg

ON1K4uT.jpg

w5ZmRAl.jpg

k7KDvzW.jpg
If you understand, there is no way you can’t perform it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thank you for teaching me.

RMGkcoz.jpg

iJeiilf.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
I guess so.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk, why are you putting on that face then. Come on.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What… what face! Damn Ji!

sSBLVww.jpg
Why are you getting mad now?

HKpwBf8.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, Celestial Melody.

k7KDvzW.jpg
Xuan, the location of your friend’s acupoint and her flow, tell me about it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, Senior. Every part of her limbs has a strange flow of coldness. And every ten seconds the flow moves to her heart and head. The flow feels strange.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I may be wrong.

k7KDvzW.jpg
Hmm, you are improving. I can now say that the one who did it, he or she must know Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand.

sSBLVww.jpg
What!? A brother or sister from your sect?

k7KDvzW.jpg
This has nothing to do with you. You have learnt my arte, now go.

sSBLVww.jpg
This is all our business! There’s a dozen dead in Duke Mu’s mansion and this is related to it. Don’t hide the murderer just because you are from the same sect.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji!!

k7KDvzW.jpg
The only disciple that can practice Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand is me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
If that is true… why would the perpetrator…

k7KDvzW.jpg
My master used to take me on this trip to Maurya Empire. Master was a friend of the Saintess. She gave us many treasures, so Master gave the Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand to the Saintess’ Handmaiden as a return gift.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Maurya Empire… Saintess? The slaughter of the house of Duke Mu… the princess… what is the connection between all these and this exotic kingdom far away?

k7KDvzW.jpg
Maurya Empire is long gone now because of the war. This is all I know. I’m tired, you should leave now.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, Celestial Melody!

K6kLgfN.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What are you doing there? Let’s go!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humpf! Watch out now, I can lock your acupoint!

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling has mastered the arte, let’s go to the forest and save the girl in the box.

This acupuncture thingie is not bad for a plot related skill.

hhmxR0Z.jpg

zTpJ9TN.jpg

We can now save the girl in the forest.

Bupx0GG.jpg

24WDf1W.jpg

QOIQlAi.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Still feeling uncomfortable? We’ve got food and water here.

9sJ2gqS.jpg
I’m fine… I can survive without food or water over a month. Your help is much appreciated.

JUZECRD.jpg

kaXsfR9.jpg

uJm453b.jpg

LMegAP0.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
You guys want your ass kicked again?

K6kLgfN.jpg
(She doesn’t seem like a commoner, who the hell is she? For what purpose are all these factions fighting over her… Ah! She’s…!)

9sJ2gqS.jpg
Throughout these past days I was still aware of my surroundings. I’d be dead by now without your help.

9sJ2gqS.jpg
I have nothing to reward you for your kindness. But I still have a favor to ask.

HKpwBf8.jpg
As long as it’s within my powers.

9sJ2gqS.jpg
Please send me back to my fiancé Black Necro.

c5fcc0V.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Princess Mu, is it really worth the trouble?

9sJ2gqS.jpg
Indeed, I am the daughter of Duke Mu Yi – Mu Ping. According to the imperial edict, Black Necro and I are to marry. Please help me accomplish this mission.

K6kLgfN.jpg
As I expected…

HKpwBf8.jpg
How could this be? There are other ways to maintain the peace in the East Sea… perhaps political marriage is one of many options but there are more appropriate ones…

HKpwBf8.jpg
We just got you out of the lion’s den, how can we send you back to the dragon’s lair? Responsibility of a nation’s rise and fall cannot fall solely on the shoulders of one person! Let alone by arranged marriage! Since we’ve saved you, we cannot turn a blind eye to all this.

9xcoN9p.jpg
Why do you insist on fulfilling the commitment? Has the tragedy at Duke Mu’s manor make you lose the will to live? Or do you think that the fate of the whole country depends on it?

9xcoN9p.jpg
Humpf! The sacrifices of innocents are only a temporary measure. Who can live with such an unconscionable decision?

9sJ2gqS.jpg
I’m aware of all that, but… I must do this. Even if not for the country, I still have other reasons.

RnT5urt.jpg

9sJ2gqS.jpg
No, don’t act rashly! With Black Necro’s natural strongpoint in the East Sea and mighty forces, even the Imperial Court can do nothing about him. How can I abandon the commitment for my own good and put Thunder Hall at risk?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Your Highness…

9sJ2gqS.jpg
There’s another reason: my stay in Central China only intensifies the current conflict in Wulin. Hence I won’t stay any longer.

sSBLVww.jpg
Why would you be involved with Wulin in the first place?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Let’s recall everything that happened after the tragedy at the Duke’s manor. Something is really not adding up.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Quite right.

K6kLgfN.jpg
First, the Imperial Court pins the crime on Sea Shark Clan and tries to close the case for good.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Second, why was the box that contained the princess in the convoy from Baima Temple to Lingyun Temple?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Third, a group of Japanese ninjas launched the attack right when we found the monks of Baima Temple. All these events show that perhaps the princess has some secret. There are two, no probably more than three, involved factions.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, these four clowns did something good unconsciously.

czPTANP.jpg

zsU86uI.jpg

9xcoN9p.jpg
Huh? Wait a moment, how don’t I know of this? Princess Mu, who on earth are you messing with?

sSBLVww.jpg
How does this related to the disputes in Wulin? It still confuses me.

KCOcn9R.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Sivasutrani? Whats that?

9sJ2gqS.jpg
It’s a Vajrayana codex which can cure the handicapped and make them strong.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Duke Mu had some relations with Wulin, but how do you possess such an important codex?

9sJ2gqS.jpg
I’m from a vassal state of Japan, the Saintess of Maurya Empire.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Maurya Empire…!! Celestial Melody mentioned…

9sJ2gqS.jpg
There’s only one Saintess in Maurya Empire. I’m the successor after the former passed away. I’ve been raised in the temple with the duty of guarding Grand Sivasutrani.

9sJ2gqS.jpg
Black Necro invaded us out of the blue… the temple preceptor was worried something might happen to me and Grand Sivasutrani lost, so he entrused me to the custody of Duke Mu. Since then I became Princess Mu Ping.

9sJ2gqS.jpg
My only wish was to avenge my people. Thus I advised my father to petition the Imperial Court… for permission of marriage with Black Necro. After marriage I then would wait for an opportunity to kill Black Necro and destroy his organization from within.

sSBLVww.jpg
So this is why you’ll marry Black Necro.

6g5sqRI.jpg

9sJ2gqS.jpg
Duke Mu protected me with all his heart and kept the secret about my past… however Yidam, the guardian of my childhood, turned out to be devoted to villains!

9sJ2gqS.jpg
She betrayed my secret to one so-called Duke Sai and tried to kidnap me to obtain the Grand Sivasutrani.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So that Yidam… your former servant was the one who learnt Orchid Acupuncture Brushing Hand from the Master of Celestial Melody. No wonder she could use that technique to subdue you.

9sJ2gqS.jpg
That day an imperial edict commanded my presence at the Imperial Palace. When I came back to the manor, I saw… my poor father… *weeps*

HKpwBf8.jpg
Princess, we’re sorry for your loss.

9sJ2gqS.jpg
I’m fine… at that moment I was desperate and at a loss, then Yidam took advantage and sealed my acupoint.

9sJ2gqS.jpg
Somehow another flock of Dongchang assassins suddenly showed up and put me in a box. They hid the box in the caravan from Baima Temple to Lingyun Temple. They said I was to be the gift for Lord Chen to help him recover.

sSBLVww.jpg
What was the purpose of those Japanese ninjas? Only to retrieve you?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Supposedly, those ninjas intended to put an end to the arranged marriage and stop Black Necro and the Imperial Court reaching a consensus. Once the marriage successfully proceeds, Black Necro would slow his territorial expansion, which some of his henchmen would object to.

9sJ2gqS.jpg
Fair point.

sSBLVww.jpg
So you want us to send you back to Black Necro to fulfill your wish of revenge, is that right?

9sJ2gqS.jpg
Indeed, right now I have nobody to rely on and my father’s family met their doom because of me… that tragedy only made me more determined.

9sJ2gqS.jpg
I speak without reserve because I’m in need of your help. If you sincerely want to help, please grant my wish.

1fRzOlD.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXVI: Semuren

We return once more to East Ferry to meet with Hongshang. Everything should be ready to sail off now.

6Wu6NBf.jpg

Also, the Princess is now in disguise.

eIbP7u2.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
You… you are Princess Mu?

9xcoN9p.jpg
We disguised her slightly to avoid being recognized. Even so, the beauty of Princess Mu still can’t be covered up.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe, the outstanding temperament of Princess Mu can’t be easily covered up. Is the Princess beautiful, Yuexuan?

HKpwBf8.jpg
… Hum! I think you are… very remarkable, Princess. We can only help a little. It can’t be compared to what… you are going to do.

9sJ2gqS.jpg
Thank you.

sSBLVww.jpg
*grunt* Em…

JpkXCpY.jpg
I have arranged the ships and since we know exactly where Black Necro is located we can set off anytime.

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK, let us…

Shi Yi shows up out of the blue to mess up our plans.

9q0wVBd.jpg

c75raTW.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Deputy Shi, what is it?

9xcoN9p.jpg
Tch, Sea Shark Clan, what’s up? We’re busy right now.

2houKVz.jpg
Thunder Hall, don’t try to be a smart ass. The ship you arranged is total garbage. Sailing with it would be a ticket to hell.

9xcoN9p.jpg
What are you talking about?!

JpkXCpY.jpg
Guardian, there is bad blood between us and Sea Shark Clan, but they make a living by the sea and are much more familiar with it than us. Since this involves the safety of the Princess we must proceed with caution. Why not hear them out?

2houKVz.jpg
So Thunder Hall are not all fools.

9xcoN9p.jpg
Shoot!

2houKVz.jpg
Do you know the meaning of “Black Necro”?

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, boring. Black Cat, isn’t it? Why would someone call himself a cat?

HKpwBf8.jpg
…Ji, it’s “Necro” not “Neko”… *sigh* it’s my fault that you’re illiterate.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hahaha, Black Neko… hahahahaha! Hell of a joke! Hahaha.

sSBLVww.jpg
Stop laughing! Just one character wrong, nothing funny at all! Humph!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Back to the topic. “Necro” means someone channeling death forces?

2houKVz.jpg
Brilliant. Deep, dark and roaring “Blackwater Strait” is not only the comfort zone of Black Necro, but also the nightmare of sailors. Lots of ships can’t pass and sink there.

2houKVz.jpg
So the Japanese call Blackwater Strait “Black Necro”. The man who’s the overlord of East Sea took his name from that. He possesses top notch pirate ships and sea craft!

HKpwBf8.jpg
So you mean our ship can’t cross Blackwater Strait.

2houKVz.jpg
Indeed! This ship is out of the question. Only the finest battleship can barely overcome the waves. But the Imperial Court impounded all our ships.

9xcoN9p.jpg
What shall we do now? Time is of the essence, how can we find a ship big enough to cross Blackwater Strait right now?

2houKVz.jpg
Heh! That’s the reason I’m here. Superior ships of Sea Shark Clan were all constructed by a legendary shipwright – Tang Mu. He lives in Eastern Ferry nearby.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Really, that’s good.

2houKVz.jpg
So why does your expression say otherwise? Let’s go find Tang Mu.

PjzfcbE.jpg

2houKVz.jpg
Needless to say, the blame is on those idiots from the Imperial Court. What you have gone through is way too hard, which deserves my admiration! *sigh* Were it not for the engagement between you and Black Necro, I’d be more than happy to tie the knot with you…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Deputy Shi…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Please take us to Mr Tang.

Unfortunately Tang Mu is not very forthcoming.

bphi4zd.jpg

UwF047J.jpg

Lg6PxE4.jpg

4aNKdDx.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, “friends in adversity”, nice!

K6kLgfN.jpg
It seems things are not well?

2houKVz.jpg
Impossible! Old Tang! You’re not this kind of person! Damn, get the hell out!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Deputy Shi, forget it.

2houKVz.jpg
Damn, how did this happen? No, something must’ve happened to Tang Mu! Five years ago he still had use of both legs when I met him.

9xcoN9p.jpg
You also noticed his broken leg? I thought your brain was just full of muscle and you ignored that.

2houKVz.jpg
What are you talking about! A man always has some pains he’s reluctant to talk about. It’s alright if he’s willing to talk about it , but wouldn’t it hurt his feelings if I asked bluntly?

sSBLVww.jpg
Quite reasonable.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Deputy Shi turns out to be a considerate person.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Deputy Shi. About the ship, it has to be this Old Tang?

2houKVz.jpg
Of course, he’s the best shipbuilder and the only option.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I see. Then let’s ask around East Ferry and find out what led to this change of temperament in Old Tang. Perhaps we can be helpful in some way.

2houKVz.jpg
*sigh* Seems it’s the only way.

Asking around leads to the needed information.

M6FXRwO.jpg

So0052g.jpg

zDN4U6m.jpg

2v1HdyD.jpg

8rZAMHB.jpg

We need to find a Semuren somewhere to be able to continue here.

G7vd0Lk.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
So that explains it. Old Tang, saved by a fleet of Semuren in a shipwreck. He must’ve mistaken them for monsters.

”Semuren” normally refers to a Yuan dynasty caste. In this case it likely just means “westerners”.

K6kLgfN.jpg
If we can find Semuren and bring them to meet Tang Mu, perhaps it’ll solve the problem. I’ve heard the Petals Tribe consists of Semuren, maybe we can try our luck there.

We are stuck here for now, but at least we can now add Hongshang to the party.

3bUbmOb.jpg

We have a ton of broadsword skills for Hongshang to learn (like Ox-dissecting).

58if56G.jpg

tEbGGZH.jpg

j4qHgDE.jpg

Hongshang can still learn 3 more internal styles but her default Thunder one is best. She has natural high crit and being able to trigger invulnerability upon crit is very useful.

a6hUJVa.jpg

Her unique skill is the Thunderfire Grenade which has wide range and packs a punch, but is most useful for the debuffs it causes.

5d1hZMc.jpg

3J0sUz1.jpg

6MigrbQ.jpg

And as always, new party member should be taken to Hu.

rJ6vbUn.jpg

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Who is this young lady… (I thought it was young master from the tone of speaking)

9xcoN9p.jpg
I’m Qin Hongshang from Thunder Hall.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Oh, it’s Guardian Qin. I’ve heard about you so many times. I thought Guardian Qin was a guy with a big beard and thick eyebrows. It turns out you are a sweet little girl.

9xcoN9p.jpg
Don’t look down on me! I’m much better than some beard guy.

Hongshang is also a good luck charm. During a fight with tigers in Jingyang Ridge they dropped a 9 Yang Divine Art scroll… a top internal style which will replace Gu’s default internal style.

wnRdnnd.jpg

4Za057S.jpg

nLHYIks.png

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXVII: Secret meet

For now we head to the Primeval Forest to follow up on the lead that Great Xia Jiang gave us.

There are some familiar faces here.

csA5Nr3.jpg

LZIQKLH.jpg

Rf4leqC.jpg

hjNJkoN.jpg
That’s my duty. Once the taxes on farm hands are paid, I will send it to you in one of the next days.

BBKWzSx.jpg
OK! I heard that some annoying flies appeared in Jianghu recently who are asking about Acquittal period everywhere. You’d better investigate and deal with them. The master can’t be bothered with this.

pvLM6rv.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, calm down. It looks like these three belong to the mysterious organization.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It seems that An Daohuang has been providing gold to the mysterious organization in secret all these years. He helps a villain do evil deeds, we can’t let him go.

sSBLVww.jpg
Ha! Then why are we hiding here? We should rush out and interrogate them!

HKpwBf8.jpg
We don’t know all the details, so don’t act rashly.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Exactly! Don’t you remember last time… Eh-hem, anyway, we should listen to what they say and take action after.

sSBLVww.jpg

VG37mBy.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Oh… this woman looks familiar to me. Yes, she is one of the Japanese selected by Ao Guang at East Sea Branch. She can speak Chinese fluently… wait, that’s not the point. Why is she here?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Obviously, she is with them. She mixed among those other Japanese girls to sneak into East Sea Branch. She was to gather information or to instigate Ao Guang.

K6kLgfN.jpg
We accidentally stopped her tricks last time. Ji, you did a great job.

sSBLVww.jpg
I know you are teasing me.

96FPY0X.jpg

BBKWzSx.jpg
Moreover, An Daohuang, when you hear about the death of Yaksha, please tell people the witch from Cult of Tianlong was killed by Shaolin and Wudang.

hjNJkoN.jpg
Haha, that’s simple. I’ll do as you say.

VBgQxgy.jpg
I can’t do that, it has nothing to do with me.

BBKWzSx.jpg
What?! Don’t be so arrogant, master…

VBgQxgy.jpg
Xincan is your master, not mine. He can’t command me.

BBKWzSx.jpg
You want to do this the hard way? Do you think… Who?! Who is there?

VBgQxgy.jpg

The three finally notice Gu and manage to get away.

eBXDaiS.jpg

xBUnInn.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Damn, they found us.

HKpwBf8.jpg
That An Daohuang can’t run far away. Let’s follow them.

We are led right into a boss fight of sorts.

QrplOqR.jpg

oTkbJHd.jpg

We already beat Hetuo and didn’t even really need Drunken Brah’s help.

SQsbzMe.jpg

bG3ev4n.jpg
You are wrong. Who do you think you are? How dare you command me? You and me are like dirt and gold. If someone’s dog is too arrogant… what should I do?

hjNJkoN.jpg
Hetuo, I just said something without thinking. I hope you can forgive my rudeness! I will donate more silver to your temple. Haha…

The ugly bald bitch is a new face… but the Princess told Gu about her. Plus she matches Shi Yan’s description… she killed everyone at Duke Mu mansion together with Hetuo.

V280MUn.jpg

hjNJkoN.jpg
That’s right, that’s right.

bG3ev4n.jpg
I have no interest in the chaos of Central China. Don’t forget what you promised when everything’s over.

WQUNpdw.jpg
My master always keeps his word, please rest assured. These guys are really annoying. We should deal with them here, or…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother – brother Gu!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, Ziling, I will distract them. You two should run north with everything you’ve got when I give the signal.

sSBLVww.jpg
What did you just say?! This is a good chance to prove myself.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji?!

sSBLVww.jpg
I can never be the Nr. 1 of Wulin if I cannot defeat them. I am Jing Ji of Xiaoyao Valley, I won’t let you down!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Heh. Ji, do you remember when we took the rattle-drum from Master? We can use Tactic Tian.

sSBLVww.jpg
I remember.

bG3ev4n.jpg
Interesting. I wonder if you’ve made any progress these days.

WQUNpdw.jpg
Heh, let’s start.

In this fight we can only use Gu, Shinji and Ziling.

IDXeHqd.jpg

BH5HNMH.jpg

Gu and Shinji should change their default internal style to a defensive one here.

We already know Hetuo is very dangerous with his Flaming Blade.

VR99upR.jpg

The ugly bitch also has some dangerous AoE. To make matters worse, she can trigger invulnerability with critical hits… combined with two talents that guarantee a critical hit after she’s hit with a critical hit and when she attacks from behind.

A9hoTdn.jpg

There’s also a gimmick in this fight: Shinji must finish off Hetuo. If either Gu or Ziling defeats him, he’ll heal to full health.

So it’s better to finish off Yidam first, the more dangerous of the two.

ylhkqWz.jpg

After that, Shinji can take down Hetuo in peace.

BXFBM91.jpg

DCQunMl.jpg

o358xut.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
So much nonsense. Take that!

bG3ev4n.jpg
You are very strong and rare, just like the flammable ice of Ordos Basin. Maybe I am no match for you in a few years. But…

K6kLgfN.jpg
?!

bG3ev4n.jpg
You lack experience.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, get away!!

SQsEC13.jpg

Hetuo attacks Ziling but Shinji goes white knight again.

Bcx017o.jpg

3YteJFb.jpg

qfh3nyF.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji!!!!

sSBLVww.jpg
Stupid… why can’t you avoid that…

WQUNpdw.jpg
Hehehe! The hero saves a beauty! Tsk-tsk! That’s extremely touching. A pity you can only be a couple in death.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You forced me!

As usual Ziling pulls something from her sleeve.

rqfYqbC.jpg

6U1PDqQ.jpg

xlLJgJM.jpg

r3az7S7.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
!?

WQUNpdw.jpg
You are no different! You even learnt the sinister martial art Strength Erasing. I am ashamed of being inferior.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Strength Erasing!! How?)

bG3ev4n.jpg
I…*cough* I underestimated you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, you…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, there is no time to speak too much! Now, let’s go!

Shinji somehow survived Hetuo’s blow.

cuRXHlY.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Eh… ah!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, Ji… don’t be afraid! I’m right here.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What should we do, brother Gu… He still remains unconscious, this is all my fault…

18w68Yu.jpg

e10Flfl.jpg
We can only buy some medicine and stabilize his wound. You should let him have a good rest.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, look… is he getting better?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji… have a good rest! I will take you back to the valley to see Master and Doctor Miracle… they must have some way to heal you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Yes! Wuxia Zi and Doctor Miracle must be able to heal Ji!

HKpwBf8.jpg
We will go back to Xiaoyao valley immediately when Ji is awake.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Em… it will be OK. It has to be OK.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Can you tell me where you learnt Strength Erasing?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I…I can’t say it.

That strength erasing is really useful at times.

BDhGe3l.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
These days, I’ve secretly observed you and found you know many things… maybe a little too many. Your understanding of poison and martial arts beyond what you should know at your age.

K6kLgfN.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
As far as I know – Golden Blade and Silver Spear are equally famous, and Castle Wei has always been heroic and chivalrous…

K6kLgfN.jpg
*frowns slightly* …

HKpwBf8.jpg
I don’t understand where you learnt this knowledge?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu… please don’t ask… I can’t say.

HKpwBf8.jpg
If you can’t be honest with me, how can I let you go with us?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I swear I really don’t want to harm you, please believe me.

HKpwBf8.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Please… Gu…

Shinji wakes up in time so Gu isn’t forced to take some drastic decision.

sSBLVww.jpg
Ouch…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji!! Ji, how do you feel?

eXFyyDh.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
I… feel better now. That damned monk… I must get revenge… *cough*

K6kLgfN.jpg
You stupid monkey, I thought you hated me? Why did you jump in front of me, huh?

sSBLVww.jpg
I didn’t do that. It was an accident.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Idiot, you are an idiot.

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK, cut it out. Ji, you are badly hurt. We can just control your condition and take you back to Xiaoyao valley tomorrow. Master must have some solution.

sSBLVww.jpg
I am fine. Let’s go to Villains’ Valley.

HKpwBf8.jpg
No, Ji. Nothing is more important than you. Listen to me, we return to Xiaoyao Valley first to heal you.

sSBLVww.jpg
We finally got clues on those guys, how can we just give up? If they escape, where should we go look for them?

sSBLVww.jpg
I said I am fine, didn’t you hear? They want to use Yaksha to create trouble. We can’t let that happen, Gu.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You… leave Yaksha alone. Do you know how worried we are about you? Top priority is healing your injuries!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Well, no means no! If you don’t want to go back, I will take you back by force.

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu Yuexuan!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, no matter what you say, I won’t let you put your body on the line!

sSBLVww.jpg
That is enough! I know my body best of all, you can’t order me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji… I didn’t mean that…

K6kLgfN.jpg
What are you saying? We are worried about your health. Can’t you understand?!

sSBLVww.jpg
You don’t need to remind me!

K6kLgfN.jpg
…!!

sSBLVww.jpg
You know those people are very crafty, always hiding in the shadows… if we miss this opportunity we don’t know when we will find them again…

sSBLVww.jpg
I…I don’t want to see more sects disappear! You once said helping others is our duty!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji…

HKpwBf8.jpg
*sigh* You beat me.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, how can you allow this?

HKpwBf8.jpg
It is OK. If you really want to go, I will protect you. But I will take you back after whether you like it or not.

sSBLVww.jpg
I know.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We set out tomorrow, for now take some medicine and rest! I will accompany you. If you don’t feel good on the way to Villains’ Valley, let me know.

sSBLVww.jpg
OK! You’re really nagging…

After this the game automatically moves us to Villains’ Valley.

It’s unclear how that dumbfukk Shinji suddenly managed to deduct its location.

PPVv0Wj.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, your injury is still not healed, don’t use your inner force rashly.

sSBLVww.jpg
Alright, alright, I won’t. You are killing me with all your advice.

Quickly a fight breaks out with some local scum.

QRNhuyC.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Is that so? And what can you do about it?

qsauUQE.jpg
This is Villains’ Valley, the place where all evil resides. What does a young man like you want here?

K6kLgfN.jpg
We are not good guys either.

qsauUQE.jpg
Heh! Is that right? So you wouldn’t mind getting your hands dirty then? Here! Kill these people and you may pass.

HKpwBf8.jpg
These are innocent folks! What have they ever done to you?

qsauUQE.jpg
Heh heh, every single person who wants to enter the valley must prove themselves first. And the same goes for you.

sSBLVww.jpg
We need to prove we are bad? Sorry, but we are not common bad guys.

sSBLVww.jpg
I am the villain of villains, specialized in killing bad guys of Villains’ Valley.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I can deal with these guys. Just sit tight, let me crush them for you.

sSBLVww.jpg
You…!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, don’t forget my promise, I won’t leave you alone. Don’t worry, this is a piece of cake.

sSBLVww.jpg

qsauUQE.jpg
Don’t look down on Villains’ Valley! Kill them!

After beating Hetuo and Yidam this is a breeze.

M0IxMnB.jpg

Hyxn12w.jpg

Saving the innocents marks a new location on our map.

fd3kPJN.jpg

At this point, there’s not really any need to enter Villains’ Valley proper.

8hWlzgL.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, are you alright?

sSBLVww.jpg
I’m fine.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You still got wounds to heal. And don’t forget we are your companions! Let me protect you this time.

sSBLVww.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
I’m going forward.

u9BYjjF.jpg

iPtkhQo.jpg

For now, we leave here.

it67RFz.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXVIII: The petal from Petals

We will pay a visit to Petals tribe, west from Kashgar.

QC8RekB.jpg

3FjphWL.jpg

The inhabitants are all ang moh so the derpy translation is on purpose.

ZLNmTRW.jpg

2Oq8sa1.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What is he talking about?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t you recognize him? He is that Semuren you saved in Villains’ Valley.

sSBLVww.jpg
Oh, this is him.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It sounds like he is the chief here, and wants to reward us.

b6Eh9Zd.png
Yes, reward. I wat to reward you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It doesn’t matter. We focus on chivalry and don’t want any reward.

b6Eh9Zd.png
Wat cheval? Can we ride it?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Well...

A braid-tugging ang moh gurl appears.

eIwFHLc.jpg

kX8kAI8.jpg

y56oMmB.jpg

b6Eh9Zd.png
Taya! Ma fille, vous pouvez me renseigner!

It appears this particular one is French.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Oui, son majesté.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Wow, such a pretty little girl, she looks like a porcelain doll.

sSBLVww.jpg
Does she? I feel that those Semu people all look the same.

K6kLgfN.jpg
And they cannot tell which monkey is pretty and which is not, as they look just the same… vice versa.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Excuse me, I’m Taya, the premier handmaiden of the chief. And I happen to know some Chinese, please allow me to talk with you on behalf of the chief.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you then.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You speak Chinese fluently. That’s amazing.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Thank you for your compliment. The chief said that you are all excellent warriors so he wants a favor from you that will make you become stronger.

sSBLVww.jpg
Become stronger? Great! Which one is the strongest one here, that big guy over at the door? I’d like to compare notes with him.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t think about fighting all the time, okay?

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t you want to know whose kung fu is the strongest, us Central China or Semu people.

K6kLgfN.jpg
If I said no… I’d be lying.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
You Han people are all well versed in kung fu, as if you all have magical powers. My father once told me that in Central China there’s a mysterious power called “Force”. Rumor has that it can hurt people by telekinesis and I feel it must be quite amazing. We don’t stand a chance to beat them.

sSBLVww.jpg
Force?

HKpwBf8.jpg
What you called “Force” should be “Inner force” in our words. It’s a kung fu that is practiced by a special breathing pattern. One can master it only by working hard on it. But if you want to hurt someone by telekinesis one must have a very strong inner force. We have only a few masters that could do that.

b6Eh9Zd.png
Take them to the Star Tower. They might find a way.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Oui, son majesté. How do I address you?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry for being rude. I’m Gu Yuexuan, this is Jing Ji and Wei Ziling.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Okay then. I believe you must be tired as you’ve come a long way. I’ll just leave you to your rest. You can find me near the Star Tower whenever you are ready.

gdQOevY.jpg

The Star Tower is on the outskirts of the town.

zNk5ccv.jpg

23H7Pao.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Is there anything wrong, Taya?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I remember one thing. You are from Wulin of Central China, right? Do you know the sects there? Can you tell me?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Of course! What do you want to know, Taya?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Er… it seems that it isn’t an official sect… I only remember it is called Xiaoyao Valley.

HKpwBf8.jpg
…!

sSBLVww.jpg
Xiaoyao Valley? How do you know?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
So you know it, right? That’s great!

sSBLVww.jpg
We two are the only disciples of Xiaoyao Valley! I’m the junior disciple and he is the elder disciple.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Only two? In my country, a teacher like that would starve to death… with so few students. What about you, sister?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’m just their company.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Then… you must know Wuxia Zi, right?

HKpwBf8.jpg
He is just our master.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Really? That is… so great! Nainai would be glad… if she were alive…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Who is Nainai, Taya? Did she know Wuxia Zi?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Nainai is what we call our grandma… she once met Wuxia Zi when she was young… they were friends in some sense…

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I chose to learn Chinese because of her influence. In order to learn it, she used various ways… all she wanted was to speak with that man in his native language. But he never came back again…

HKpwBf8.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Is your master alright? Has he… mentioned a girl named Sophia?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, Master remembers.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Really… that’s great. Nainai would be happy… if she were alive…

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Ah, I almost forget. I’m here to lead the way.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It does not matter, Taya. We can drop by at another time if you have other things to do.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
No… it’s alright. Let’s go inside the Star Tower!

r5oi91H.jpg

glELR5L.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
My father is the guardian of Star Tower and the greatest philosopher here.

s9lIg2C.png
Yes. I am the greatest philosphere “here”. Because there is only one “philosopher” in here, haha!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Papa!

s9lIg2C.png
My sunshine, what is it?! Petals is too isolated, we are too far away from outside knowledge. We can’t just debate and study everything alone…

s9lIg2C.png
Although the chief wants us to teach our philosophy… what I am really excited about is the culture of Central China you brought here!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Mr Zodia, I think I might disappoint you, because I only know martial knowledge…

s9lIg2C.png
Quite the opposite! My idea is that every man has his own philosophy. It’s in our way of treating lives, morals and everything.

s9lIg2C.png
You don’t know philosophy because you never considered it as philosophy, am I right, my child?

sSBLVww.jpg
What is this about? I don’t understand a single word of it!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ji, come on. Don’t say anything now, otherwise people will find out you are not who they think you are, hehehe.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humpf, whatever! I don’t know anything besides martial arts and I don’t care.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Knowing nothing except martial arts is fine! Your heart will stay pure and true, not distracted by anything. I envy you.

s9lIg2C.png
In the eyes of Petals, we think philosophy is a certain parameter of life. It is the total sum of your origins and your knowledge.

s9lIg2C.png
In other words, everyone has his own destiny. It is a different view than all classes of authors that are writing the philosophy of life.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I see…

s9lIg2C.png
But the theory that the owner of Star Tower wants to pass on is different from Petals. He wants to form a theory that includes views such as the definition of individualism and the definition of human existence.

s9lIg2C.png
But he only handed down the knowledge to people who could understand him.

sSBLVww.jpg
How did he hand down the knowledge? The tower seems too old and the owner should have died long ago.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You mean that… you still don’t understand the owner’s theory?

s9lIg2C.png
Yes… I was ashamed because I was unable to think like him… or maybe I was too cowardly to admit I cannot understand his theory.

s9lIg2C.png
It took me ten years but I could never solve the Sage’s Puzzle… I think that is the reason why I cannot acquire his knowledge.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sage’s Puzzle? Is that a kind of mechanical one?

s9lIg2C.png
Speak up, Taya.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
My father’s Chinese vocabulary has run out. Sage’s Puzzle is not mechanical, it is just a riddle said by the tower’s owner.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I guess that the purpose of the tower’s owner was to make people think for themselves and decide what philosophical theory they prefer.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Father doesn’t want to solve the Sage’s Puzzle because he is afraid his choice is different from the theory of the tower’s owner.

s9lIg2C.png
I am the guardian of Star Tower… if my answer is different from the tower’s owner how can I still stay in here?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Taya, I remember that the chief hopes we will gain something here which could promote our inner force. That is why he sent us to Star Tower. Is that right?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Yes, I believe in your ability. You can gain something since you are from Xiaoyao Valley.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You have such faith in Xiaoyao Valley, how could we let you down?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
*blushes* Ah… yes.

sSBLVww.jpg
Do you really intend to solve this puzzle? It seems weird.

HKpwBf8.jpg
If I enter the Sage’s Puzzle and solve it it can only bring advantage to us. So why wouldn’t we go?

sSBLVww.jpg
You can go if you want. Just don’t get trapped in there!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Taya, can you tell me where the Sage’s Puzzle is?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
We’re already inside.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Oh, this room is Sage’s Puzzle?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
The Sage’s Puzzle only has one word that means “blessing”. The scholar said “Put a blessing in here and I will open the door for you”.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Blessing…

K6kLgfN.jpg
That sounds very general. What on earth is “Blessing”?

sSBLVww.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
There is no rush. You can stay here or deal with your own business… when you have the answer you can return.

To solve the puzzle we need to look at leaflets around the town.

ChI3188.jpg

Ux3ni4f.jpg

Taya is around to translate.

Br6sRwA.jpg

7eQje8x.jpg

XSSecaV.jpg

otclH4c.jpg

GNCTCO2.jpg

832j2sj.jpg

Gu figured out the answer.

NzELypb.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I… I think I have found the answer. Sorry to disturb you, Taya.

EvrLZmY.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Oh! Is he such a straight-forward person?)

s9lIg2C.png
!!! The answer is…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Blessings are here, in houses, in places, in the city, in the heart, in the mountains, in shelters, in valleys, on land, in the sea, on islands, on grasslands. Where God praises God, his name is glorified.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
That’s it… people of Central China say a case involving human life is to be treated with the utmost care.

FYv8z9M.jpg

Solving the riddle apparently triggers an elevator.

wd5JAis.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Taya, hold me!

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu!

g9BP80k.jpg

IR9xi6w.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
It turns out there’s a basement here.

K6kLgfN.jpg
*voice coming from the upper floor* Are you alright, Gu and Miss Taya?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yeah, we are fine. Down here there seems to be a storeroom, I will be up soon with Miss Taya.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Gu, I’m good… you can just… put me down here.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Of course, I am so sorry for offending you… I was thinking of the puzzle “blessing” and got lost in thought. I did not know what I was doing.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Never mind, it’s nothing…

oJ1DBje.jpg

WbueWXb.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
It appears that a drastic change of the weight of anyone on this floor could trigger the trap floor opening. And just now you… holding me triggered the trap.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Actually, I was harboring an attitude of simple trying. This scholar who constructed the Star Tower, his thinking pattern was incredible indeed.

0IxUSni.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
It would be much appreciated, Miss Taya.

IciVpNr.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Just follow your own path bravely, may my spirit and blessing be with you! The other book “Everything Has Its Destiny” is the repository of my philosophy and martial art, which could be of great help to you. The owner of Peach Blossom Island, Huo Wuchou.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The scholar you were talking about… was his name Huo Wuchou, Taya?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Yes, that was his name by transliteration. Was he very famous in Central China?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’ve heard from my master that Scholar Huo was a great mathematician about 150 years ago. He belonged to Hui nationality and settled down in Central China afterwards. He claimed himself as the owner of Peach Blossom Island. He has a world-renowed disciple, one of the Five Greats, “Evil of the East”…

HKpwBf8.jpg
I never expected I would have the honor of reading his book. I… I’m very flattered.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
You solved the Sage’s Puzzle with your own intelligence, Mr Gu so you deserve this. The scholar must feel relieved and delighted to know that his knowledge has passed to you… if you don’ t mind, Mr Gu, I’d like to translate “Everything Has Its Destiny” for you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, Taya.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
It’s my pleasure.

PUzlma7.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
It’s good to see you are safe. You freaked me out when you two went down.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’m sorry I made you worried.

s9lIg2C.png
What did you see inside? Can you tell me?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Of course, let me explain to you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
On the floor below there is the library of Scholar Huo, with thousands of volumes documenting all the knowledge in the world. You can read whatever you want there, Mr Zodia…

s9lIg2C.png
No, you are the one who cracked the Sage’s Puzzle, so you are the only one eligible to read those classics.

s9lIg2C.png
The library was cleverly designed and it allows only one person coming in and out. After you got down, Mr Jing wanted to go down and find you yet the door wouldn’t open.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You… you promised not to tell!

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Papa, do you mean… that we’ll have no access to the library of Scholar Huo forever? That’s a shame, with such a precious collection of books inside.

s9lIg2C.png
Those treasures do not belong to us, so we cannot take them by force.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Fortunately, I made a copy of “Everything Has Its Destiny” for you, Mr Gu. I believe this book will be helpful for you.

s9lIg2C.png
It’s your courage and intelligence that lead you to solve the puzzle of the tower’s owner. And they enabled you to help me find the truth I’ve longer for all this time, so you deserve this.

HKpwBf8.jpg
What I did is nothing, really. You are very welcome, Mr Zodia.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
You’ve been a great help for me and my father, and I’m much obliged… so what’s your next move?

sSBLVww.jpg
We have a lot to do! Errands for our master. We have no time to stay here.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Can I go with you?

sSBLVww.jpg
You want to come with us?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Yes. I suppose you will have to handle quite many difficulties and many hands make light work… so please allow me to go with you!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Great! I won’t feel so lonely if sister Taya comes with us.

HKpwBf8.jpg
There is an old saying that goes it is better to travel ten thousand miles than to read ten thousand books… we should take care of each other and learn from each other in the days to come.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I appreciate that. I’m gonna see the whole world as I promised you, papa.

s9lIg2C.png
It’s reassuring to have Mr Gu with you, my sunshine. Go! You should leave for Central China to investigate and verify your philosophy and beliefs.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Yes, papa…

s9lIg2C.png
Don’t cry, silly girl, it’s not like you will never come back. You really shouldn’t waste your precious tears on this moment. You are expected to leave here with a smile.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I will… papa…

Gu got a new internal style out of this that he might as well learn.

rMJT7Zf.jpg

pqdL3WR.jpg

As far Taya, she’s a permanent replacement for Xiangyun. Unlike Xiangyun, she has some offense as well and quite a few internal styles to learn. She’s the only character in the game that can learn Wulin Legend.

In fact, she’s one of the best party members in the game just for the fact that she speaks French when you right click on her during combat.

gcw7vVS.jpg

Her Astronomic Morph is a mix of healing and offense with a really big range but is not that damaging… yet.

anxZOHy.jpg

M5kRyAI.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXIX: Wulin Legend

There’s an event as soon as we depart from the Star Tower with Taya.

ZnVmTVi.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Let’s check it out!

RtotFyS.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
How come…

Taya can’t handle the shock and faints.

KwYEK2p.jpg

bNpLeed.jpg

wEvpbVE.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Taya!

eSS8DWw.jpg

5lAZ7Az.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
*sobs* Why… they were so kind… who did that to them…

Ta2Fa43.jpg

QV8IqmA.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
That’s right… I… know a little bit of Tazinese… what a cruel way to deal with the dead… *sobs* My poor uncle Aaron and uncle Koda. Your souls can’t find peace even after death.

Mf4r7Ky.png
The words, what do they mean? Tell us about that, Taya.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
“All heretics must be offered up as a sacrifice to God”.

Mf4r7Ky.png
Just like we thought, it’s them again.

Mf4r7Ky.png
It’s the Black Robes.

sSBLVww.jpg
Black Robes? Who are they?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
They are a radical Tazi sect… they believe in the same God as we do. However, they are firmly convinced that their doctrine is paramount to all others. All sects that dare show any disagreement are wiped out by force of arms.

As far as I know, “Tazi” might simply refer to “Islam”.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch! What kind of God would allow that?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t say that. We should only put blame on the ruling class. In order to satisfy their selfish desires, they abuse former sages’ scriptures and brainwash the ignorant masses. After all, these measures are aiming to put all people under control. It’s not rare in our Han era.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The chief implies that you have been in conflict with these Black Robes before, Taya?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Hum… that was when I was very young. Years ago, there was a massive invasion and many of my countrymen were killed by them. We were forced to stay here… with the natural barriers, we defended painstakingly for eight months but could not defeat them. We were on the brink of falling into their hands.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Then a miracle appeared. Eight messengers brought by the Dragon God saved us.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hold on, I know about your gods, but what you just said is just bullshit! Your story is getting a bit weird.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Of course not, Ji. I guess the people Taya talked about must be from Cult of Tianlong.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu is right. The eight world-renowned masters of Cult of Tianlong are exactly named after the Eight Guardians in Buddhist sutras.

Indeed they are.

TrRJH3C.png

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Yes, Cult of Tianlong indeed. At that time, Li Cangtian, the leader Devaraja of the Cult of Tianlong was a great hero. He led his men to assist us in fighting the Black Robes. We finally were victorious after three months of bloody battle.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Since then, Black Robes became terribly afraid of the Cult of Tianlong. Even though Devaraja is long gone, they still didn’t dare to enter our territory. Ten years of peace, until this day…

HKpwBf8.jpg
It seems they got word of the feud between the Cult of Tianlong and Feng Du. These wretches must think the Cult of Tianlong don’t have the strength to defend you.

sSBLVww.jpg
Let’s go destroy these monsters! Black Robes, you are wearing your own shroud!

K6kLgfN.jpg
No deal.

sSBLVww.jpg
What are you saying!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Haven’t you heard what Miss Taya said? Even with the help of Cult of Tianlong in their prime, the conflict took three months to resolve. We are just some small fries in comparison, what can we do?

sSBLVww.jpg
Are you saying we should just sit around and do nothing?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Well…

Mf4r7Ky.png
No, we still have a chance. Taya, that Guardian of Tianlong with the hawk once said whenever we find ourselves in danger, to give this token to the clown of the snow cabin. He will help us.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Clown… it sounds like that extraordinary figures who’s as famous as Nan Xian: Beichou.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Yes, Chief, I will.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t worry, Taya. We are coming with you.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Thank you! I will try to be strong.

Mf4r7Ky.png
The fate of petals is in your hands.

Back in Central China, first of all we introduce Taya to Hu.

LjhxFud.jpg

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Heh! The two masters really like to make friends, even outlanders. Where are you from?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Hi, Mr Hu. I’m Taya from Petals, originally from France. I like it here, it’s like fairyland. Mr Hu works as a blacksmith in the mountains just like a celestial from paintings.

sSBLVww.jpg
Choose your words carefully. Hu is just a boor, not some celestial. Our master is celestial. If somebody else heard what you just said, they might think you are making fun of him.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I-I’m so sorry, I will look consult the dictionary more often in the future…

ywsv5Jd.jpg
(I heard that babies of Han people and outlanders are pretty. If young master and Taya… Heh, master would be happy to have a grandchild. I’ll take the chance and talk to young master.)

Once Taya has mastered Wulin Legend internal style (which is probably her best), we take her back to the scholar Xu in Chengdu.

30YQDvT.jpg

However, upon arrival in the noodle shop there’s another event first.

CGwejwr.jpg

dlswejN.jpg

lqpNe91.jpg

It’s Dumb and Dumber.

bG3ev4n.jpg
That is to say Shaolin kung fu is showy and useless.

8fPMlCb.jpg
That’s the reason I betrayed Shaolin.

They raise the anger of a Shaolin.

55X2Sr3.jpg

d9sL3nU.jpg

Arh7I6T.jpg

gXGyjQ4.jpg
I will show you the true Shaolin martial knowledge.

8fPMlCb.jpg
You can’t even kill a fly at such a distance.

bG3ev4n.jpg
Is there really a Quan technique that can hurt people so many meters away?

The morans get pwned.

e0h5zjT.jpg

DMmKJdf.jpg

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Wuji and Hetuo are wanted criminals. Arrest them.

Gu and Co happened to witness everything.

QIffwFu.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Senior brother, the strength of his fist seems to have increased since we last met him.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Indeed.

XsNgCXw.jpg

3raDO7c.png
Don’t mention it. This kind of loss is insignificant. We can deal with it ourselves.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
No, I broke them so I shall pay for that.

3raDO7c.png
Y-you really want to pay us?

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Of course, a real man never goes back on his word.

3raDO7c.png
Are you Feng Qingxiao? No, we can’t take your silver!

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Why?

3raDO7c.png
Commoners all know that Lord Feng and Lord You are the most righteous and incorruptible people among the Imperial Guard. You have done a lot for us and capture many corrupt officials and thieves. So we can’t take your silver.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Then you have more reason to take it. You said that I’m incorruptible. I can’t ruin my own reputation.

3raDO7c.png
Lord Feng is a real man of honor. Let me see, it’s about 8,000 qian in total.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
8,000… I don’t have that much money yet. Please take this hairpin as a pledge. I will redeem it when I receive my salary.

3raDO7c.png
I will take good care of it.

We have the opportunity to help out Feng Qingxiao.

OCGvQxl.jpg

ow6uRNN.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Mr Feng is not only good at martial arts but also a righteous man.)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu, that is Brother Feng you mentioned before? He is truly awe-inspiring.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’ve heard a lot about him.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Since we want to make friends with him, we should redeem the hairpin for him.

We can buy the hairpin for 8,000 qian.

TGROeoi.jpg

SeJXbKC.jpg

But we were really here for the scholar and his book.

NWTqrrM.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Mr Xu! Oh no please let me call you master Xu… this book is so wonderful! Bravo!

sSBLVww.jpg
What?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Sorry, I mean this is so great. This is the most wonderful book I have ever read…

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
On the eighth page, I’m adopted by master Xiaoyao. I never thought that the entrance examination would include arts. I fail at the Chinese chess test and turn to the 94th page. Finally, I’m shot by a hunter when I walk out of the valley…

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I’m not happy at all and start over from the beginning. I finally pass this time. But I die in the battle of Luoyang…

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I’m much wiser the third time. I know I need to work hard at the academy. After four years I finally become the leader of Wulin.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I still haven’t read enough and reached the three endings. I’m really sad about the treachery plot. Why can’t everybody get along well?

sSBLVww.jpg
The content of this story…

HKpwBf8.jpg
…is so real…

gqcfLvZ.jpg
You are really my good friend. Do I really want of anything with a reader like you?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
However…

gqcfLvZ.jpg
Just say it.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Er… maybe it’s just my prejudice but at the end of the story the hero marries 6 beautiful girls at the same time. Isn’t this a bit undue? As a girl it doesn’t sit well with me.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Actually… if I could only stay with the elder apprentice… or younger apprentice… or that young swordsmanship genius… Ah, what am I talking about?

sSBLVww.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg

gqcfLvZ.jpg
You are right, it seems that the freedom of choice in this novel is still not enough. Are you willing to listen to my ideas about the sequel?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Of course… Please tell me, master Xu!

gqcfLvZ.jpg
Er… I’d like to write a prequel instead of a sequel. The time is set two years ago. And the heroes are the other two fellow apprentices. What do you think about that?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
In that case… will the development of the plot be restricted?

gqcfLvZ.jpg
Then what about changeable endings? Just the same as this novel? There is a branch associated with the plot of this novel.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
You are right, I think you should give it a try. Maybe it will get a good result.

gqcfLvZ.jpg
Thanks for your encouragement. I have more confidence now. Please take this Wulinpedia as my thanks.

sSBLVww.jpg
Wulinpedia?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Are… are you the so-called Erudite – Xu Ziyi?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I thought you were an old man!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
You are so famous, master Xu.

gqcfLvZ.jpg
It is just an undeserved reputation. Compared to Wulinpedia, I value my novel more. I have more confidence now and have decided to write this prequel seriously. Are you willing to be my first reader?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
It would be my pleasure.

With the Wulinpedia equipped all Taya’s attacks will be much more powerful.

svdpXNM.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXX: Feng Qingxiao

We go to see Feng Qingxiao with the hairpin in hand.

Z2fc1R1.jpg

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Why is it in your hands?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I redeemed the hairpin to give it back to you.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Thank you so much. Without this hairpin my sister would be very angry with me. I never met this girl before yet you are not common looking. May I ask who is your master?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Greetings. I am Wei Ziling. My father is called the Silver Spear in Jianghu.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
So you are the daughter of Wei Bao. Wei Bao is a prominent man. I’ve heard that besides the Big Gun Xu, the Free Sparring of Wei is also first rate martial knowledge. It’s a pity I never got the chance to compete with him.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
It’s the Hour of Shen now, how about you visit my house to have a meal.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Wait, I am confident about my cooking. How about I cook some dishes for everyone? What do you think?

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Feng is not rich, you can even say poor. If we ask him to treat us, it would be a burden for him. We should prepare the meal ourselves.)

HKpwBf8.jpg
Feng, Ziling really cooks great dishes, please don’t say no to this.

sSBLVww.jpg
This little girl cooks impeccable dishes.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Who said you can call me ‘little girl’? Be prepare for duck heads only today.

We visit Feng’s home.

El5RofD.jpg

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Yes! I made a lot of friends recently. Come, I’ll introduce them to you.

9WMtZqA.jpg
I can’t see them at all, why would you bring them here?

K6kLgfN.jpg
(This little girl is blind, she is pretty but so stubborn.)

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Don’t do this, Ziyun. The hairpin I gave you would be lost if it wasn’t for them.

9WMtZqA.jpg
Did you pledge my hairpin to others again? I don’t wear things touched by other people. Hey, why are you still here? Get out!

mosBGcC.jpg

gXGyjQ4.jpg
*sigh* Sorry about that. Mr Gu, we should have a meal another day.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Mr Feng, never mind about that. But your sister is…

gXGyjQ4.jpg
You saw? Ziyun was born with an incurable disease. It results in cold venom, her organs are all influenced. I’ve visited almost all doctors around the world. They all said that she had only 16 years to live. So I allowed her to do anything she likes. I didn’t expect she would be like this.

sSBLVww.jpg
I know that you belong to Chunyang of Shaolin. Have you ever tried to cure her with your energy?

gXGyjQ4.jpg
My master taught me Shaolin Nine Yang Art, but it can only relieve her pain. I visited Dr Miracle with Ziyun in the past. He said that even if the successors of Shaolin, E’mei and Wudang Sect use their Nine Yang Art to help Ziyun, the chance of removing the cold venom is less than one percent.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We met a senior before who was also poisoned by cold venom. The three successors helped her but the result was less than satisfactory. The only hope of removing cold venom is the original Nine Yang Divine Art.

What’s funny is that Gu already mastered Nine Yang Divine Art from a scroll dropped by a tiger.

HKpwBf8.jpg
My master told me that the Hierarch of Ming religion learnt Nine Yang Divine Art in the past. The base of Ming religion was around the Kunlun Mountains. Maybe some information can be found there. We will ask around for information on Nine Yang Divine Art for you.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
I couldn’t thank you more. I will remember your kindness forever.

Next we are in Chengdu there is some drama. Some putzes are trying to apprehend Feng Qingxiao.

8lj5Zrg.jpg

WQHitRV.jpg

gXGyjQ4.jpg
There must be some misunderstand. I did not and will not hurt an innocent person.

rk4HqhG.png
Humph, everyone knows that you are a righteous man. Wei Yinchong extracted oil with waste liquid and sold them to make a lot of money. All commoners in Jiangnan were dissatisfied with him. Killing him fits with your justice concept totally.

rk4HqhG.png
The Night Watch saw an Imperial Guard climb the wall of Wei’s mansion. The fist mark in Wei Yinchong’s chest is quite clearly sunken. His muscles and bones were all broken. He was obviously killed by a strong fist.

rk4HqhG.png
Nobody in the Imperial Guard except you has such a powerful fist. In the whole of Wulin, few can compare with you when it comes to fist power.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Every citizen of Ming dynasty including me should abide by the laws. Torturing somebody privately is illegal. If I were you, I would bring the culprit to justice and hand him over to the Ministry of Penalty and Grand Court. I can come with you if you suspect me.

rk4HqhG.png
So come with us to the Judiciary. Put him in chains.

Unexpectedly You Jin himself interferes.

dCYZFn4.jpg

afeGHFf.jpg
He is not convicted yet, why are you using shackles?

rk4HqhG.png
We all know Feng Qingxiao is a skilled Shaolin disciple. We put him in chains to prevent him from hurting us and escape.

afeGHFf.jpg
Humph! What a righteous excuse. The Judiciary and Imperial Guard have been feuding for a long time. You put Qingxiao in chains for the purpose of insulting him and oppressing us.

afeGHFf.jpg
Qingxiao is an Imperial Guard, so it’s our Imperial Guard’s duty to arrest him if he commits a heinous crime, let alone if he’s innocent. It’s none of the Judiciary’s business.

NWaGXNV.jpg

afeGHFf.jpg
I’m your brother and your superior. I can’t ignore that you are framed and insulted by others.

rk4HqhG.png
You Jin, do you really want to cover for him? We have no choice but to arrest you together.

afeGHFf.jpg
I’m commander of the Imperial Guard, third grade. I see you belong to the fifth grade, how dare you name and contradict me?

rk4HqhG.png
Such a commanding mood! The Judiciary can bypass grades when handling a case. You just tell us what you want.

afeGHFf.jpg
Such a group of bandits! The morality of the Judiciary is just… Fine, we can solve this according to the rules of Jianghu.

These putzes are in for a world of pain.

e3y0zky.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
I agree.

XcxoMET.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I trust Mr Feng and don’t want to see him humiliated.

VLkeP8V.jpg

Feng Qingxiao himself sorts out the mess.

f9YjIeZ.jpg

vlQCNsP.jpg

gXGyjQ4.jpg
I didn’t mean to offend you, sorry for that. Commander, Gu, you are all friends of mine and I don’t want to see that you are sent to jail because of this. Everybody from the Judiciary, I didn’t do anything wrong, please don’t push me too hard.

afeGHFf.jpg
Fine, if you insist.

rk4HqhG.png
Which sect do those two teenagers belong to?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Gu Yuexuan, first disciple of Wuxia Zi of Xiaoyao Valley.

sSBLVww.jpg
Jing Ji of Xiaoyao Valley.

rk4HqhG.png
You Jin, what Feng Qingxiao has done must not be ignored. You shall not bend the law and release Feng Qingxiao in private. Or the Judiciary will not concede even if it breaks the peace with the Imperial Guard.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
I’d be willing to give up my own life if I really did this.

rk4HqhG.png
We will continue investigating and will not treat anybody unjustly.

ArmvWvF.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I don’t mind.

afeGHFf.jpg
Qingxiao, let’s go. You should stay at the garrison these days. I will tell others to look after your sister. Please be assured.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
Yes.

We will need to clear Feng Qingxiao’s name.

TA075DF.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Please take care.

e31bOVs.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
You mean the Judiciary?

K6kLgfN.jpg
The Judiciary arrests all kinds of people in Jianghu. And they can’t all be innocent…

sSBLVww.jpg
Senior brother knows Jianghu more than you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
*sigh* I’m just worried about Brother Gu. On one hand, he is always ready to stand up for justice. On the other hand, he is just too upright.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’m sorry to have made Ziling worried about me.

K6kLgfN.jpg
We should find a way to prove that Brother Feng is innocent.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Throughout all sects of Wulin, only Shaolin excels at Quan and Zhang skills. We should visit Shaolin first.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXXI: Three Stooges

We ask the Abbot about Feng Qingxiao.

6Nk2XzQ.jpg

gpnHM70.jpg

p5r21MO.jpg

52gVZIu.jpg
Hmm… there are only three people in Shaolin that could match him in strength.

52gVZIu.jpg
But they are all good disciples and haven’t left here in three years.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I see… thanks master.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I just thought of another suspect, but I’m not very sure. Gu, let’s go back to Chengdu now. Maybe we can find another clue.

In Chengdu a stall owner helps us further.

6CKyo6K.jpg

nN8vn34.jpg

wBVLoie.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hah! What a coincidence! Mr Jiang is also in Chengdu, let’s find him. With Miss Chu’s presence I believe Mr Jiang will tell us all he knows.

prC7a2d.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe! Mr Jiang can’t take his off eyes Chu. We were here looking for you.

gHXkRQZ.jpg

ahuFg1i.jpg
Hm, I spotted 2 men that night. They jumped over the wall into a dark alley one by one after arguing for a while.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What else?

ahuFg1i.jpg
I remember the first guy was medium size who looked like a foreign monk. The other one looked strong and in the officer uniform of the Imperial Guard. It’s just…

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s alright, just say it.

ahuFg1i.jpg
That guy ran too fast so his hat fell off. Since the moon was bright that day, I could clearly see that he was bald.

K6kLgfN.jpg
These two guys must be the murderers. But if the murderer was Mr Feng, why was there a foreign monk there? And why was the officer bald?

ahuFg1i.jpg
I got a theory. Maybe he was masquerading as Mr Feng.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Your words solve the puzzle.

qSpLI5h.jpg
Mr Jiang, did you hear anything when they were arguing?

ahuFg1i.jpg
They said they will meet at Villains’ Valley before disappearing.

sSBLVww.jpg
Villains’ Valley? Tsk! That’s the perfect place for them.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, Jiang. We have a better chance to prove Feng’s innocence with this information.

ahuFg1i.jpg
You are welcome. I have heard about Officer Feng and I admire him. It’s a pity that I didn’t have the chance to make his acquaintance.

ahuFg1i.jpg
It’s getting late, I shall delay you no longer. Miss Chu, take care and farewell.

Y1jkjgN.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
The sooner Hetuo and Wujie get caught, the earlier this will be resolved.

K6kLgfN.jpg
My brother, it’s not just your guess, is it?

b0fwPcb.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ji, I shall regard you with new eyes.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Heh. Ziling, Ji is intelligence and smart but focuses on Martial Knowledge only. So please don’t look down on him.

sSBLVww.jpg
Senior brother, you make it sound I think of nothing else in my daily life.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Eh… haha. Ji, you worry too much.

We return to Villains’ Valley and find the Three Stooges.

vqnFhmC.jpg

GbLd09F.jpg

iXUJB6R.jpg

UBKgL4i.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Your conspiracy is bound to fail!

There’s even some help here from Imperial troops but they are useless.

vmPScOQ.jpg

Yidam and Hetuo are far easier now we can fight them with more party members.

1ybIPTX.jpg

SSJ3arN.jpg

After 2 turns, Hetuo and Yidam are already down.

gysKJBA.jpg

SQf6AyZ.jpg

Wujie is far weaker than the other two. In this fight Ziling’s Erasing Art is useful so Yidam and Wujie can’t crit at all and trigger Invulnerability.

bemKpmM.jpg

AR3lPCJ.jpg

The bad guys run off as usual but at least Feng Qingxiao is now rehabilitated.

q8IEJNC.jpg

KSXarLn.jpg

copwQPL.jpg

Wujie apparently left this item behind… its usefulness is debatable.

XCwW3zf.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXXII: 9Yang Redux

Feng Qingxiao is now back at his home. We still need to find a way to cure his sister.

XGz88pO.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are welcome.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Feng, you don’t look very well. Did the officers in jail use their position to get even with you out of a private grudge?

gXGyjQ4.jpg
You are mistaken, it’s just that Ziyun has been worried about me and the cold venom has struck her worse than before. I was busy taking care of her, so I feel a little tired.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Looks like Ziyun will continue to suffer from cold venom without Nine Yang Art.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Your little sister is getting worse. We can delay no longer, let’s head to the western region and look around near Mount Kunlun.

In Kashgar we need to talk to a Tianshan disciple.

KKZqX7m.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Tianshan Sect… Brother Gu, we want to inquire about Nine Yang Divine Art, right? Tianshan Sect has been living in Kunlun Mountains for a long time, maybe they know something.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Nine Yang Divine Art has been lost for ages. It’s difficult for us to find any clues. There’s no harm in asking.

SqQeA1D.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Aloyal, we want to ask about an internal style called Nine Yang Divine Art. The Hierarch of Ming Religion learnt it in the past.

plGvrJO.jpg
Nine Yang Divine Art? That martial knowledge belongs to Shaolin, Wudang and E’mei. With the death of Ming Religion… wait, Nine Yang Divine Art…

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Could it be true that we met someone who knows the whereabouts of Nine Yang Divine Art?)

plGvrJO.jpg
I remember saving a monkey when I was young… let me think.

plGvrJO.jpg
Yes! After saving it, the money often played with me. It carried a shabby parcel with some books one day. I was so curious I opened the parcel. Two books were unreadable, the others were barely discernible.

plGvrJO.jpg
But the characters were twisty and weird mixed with regular Chinese script. Some of them read “Expiration and inspiration containing the essence of nature”. This book may be Nine Yang Divine Art.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank God! We can save Miss Feng now.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Unbelievable, the gods may have heard our prayers.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Aloyal, do you know where those books are now? We need those books to save a young woman.

pONlK07.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you so much, Aloyal.

For what follows the Floriculturist needs to be in the party.

shMmrrF.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Luckily we don’t need to return to Wangyou valley once again.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji is right, we can save a lot of time with the help of the Floriculturist.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What does this have to do with the Floriculturist?

HKpwBf8.jpg
The Floriculturist can communicate with animals. If the monkey is found the possibility of finding Nine Yang Divine Art would be much bigger with the help of the Floriculturist.

Returning after some time the monkey will be there.

CycdSSa.jpg

rKGI23Z.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
(What’s happening? Does the Floriculturist know this monkey?)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Senior Floriculturist, do you know this monkey?

aIm6gE2.jpg
Yes, he was very nice to me when I was little. I thought it had died… I didn’t expect to see it again.

HKpwBf8.jpg
That’s great.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hmpf.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Senior Floriculturist, can you please ask where the book is?

aIm6gE2.jpg
OK…

The monkey goes to fetch the book.

mnoPkDM.jpg

qVV6SB8.jpg

xKwui1k.jpg

cytB0u9.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
We can now give this scripture to Brother Feng so he can save his sister.

vXS1ZJG.jpg

Feng Qingxiao’s sister can now be cured.

F82fkXi.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
The internal style of Nine Yang Divine Art is inside this sutra.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
I will practice Nine Yang Divine Art now and will return the book to Shaolin Temple after helping Ziyun.

gXGyjQ4.jpg
You saved my sister, Gu! If you want anything from me, as long as it’s not immoral or illegal, I will do it.

S3bKT1n.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’m worried about her too, brother Gu. I think we should visit Miss Feng some time to make sure she is completely cured.

After some time visiting Miss Feng gives a second copy of Nine Yang Divine Art.

9SiQF81.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s no big deal. Feng is honest and upright, it’s impossible he would’ve done that.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Miss Feng, it seems like you have completely recovered. The Nine Yang Divine Art is indeed impressive.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’m sure Brother Feng can rest assured now.

9WMtZqA.jpg
I heard it was you who found the Nine Yang Divine Art so I could finally get rid of the cold venom, thank you so much.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Now that we know the cold venom is gone, we shall take our leave.

9WMtZqA.jpg
Wait.

HKpwBf8.jpg
What’s wrong?

9WMtZqA.jpg
My brother told me if you came, I should pass this on to you.

uRWVeP0.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
This is… the Nine Yang Divine Art!? How do you know it?

9WMtZqA.jpg
I was blind since childhood so I could only listen to others. Unconsciously I developed an extraordinary auditory memory. No matter how many words I can recite them after hearing them. Feng repeated the words several times when he was practicing so I remember them.

This second one is for Shinji.

l5FyhVX.jpg

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In fact, she’s one of the best party members in the game just for the fact that she speaks French when you right click on her during combat.

Apparently she says "Brother Gu, je t'aime", which means Brother Gu, I like/love you (strangely enough, Brother is not translated in French)

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXXIII: Snow clown

We head to the snow fields to find the clown, Beichou.

hAioiSJ.jpg

4NiQicc.jpg

WZQDEZU.jpg

YpL1t23.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk, noisy fella.

K6kLgfN.jpg
There are many extraordinary figures in the word and each different from normal people. You better watch your mouth.

T
sSBLVww.jpg
I am not a child anymore.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Would a grown up say those stupid words every day? So childish…

sSBLVww.jpg

Cvc8hT8.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry to interrupt, I am Gu Yuexuan of Xiaoyao Valley…

hZqxF4R.jpg
Dang dang dang! In the time of peril, Jiang Ziya stands against the evil horde, halberd in hand, kneeling on one leg, shouting “The lord cometh forth!”. Hei, he!

hZqxF4R.jpg
Wind blowing wildly, he brandishes his godly whip just like a god himself! And… I don’t know how to continue.

O7rrQfW.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
What… what is this, is it magic?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Lady Taya, he is just using his Internal Styles. Look at that, it means his level of inner force mastery is excellent.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
So what you are saying is he created this wind himself? No wonder the old people always say “Beware of the mysterious power of the East”…

sSBLVww.jpg
So you are Beichou? Dressed up like a clown. What happened next? Did Jiang Ziya win?

hZqxF4R.jpg
Dang dang dang! Dang! Daji used her Ling Bo Wei Bu, Zhao Gongming used his Ben Lei Jian Bu. In a flash they appeared right in front of Jiang Ziya and… his golden haired Mi-lu!

sSBLVww.jpg
Ling Bo Wei Bu… isn’t that Duan Yu’s... hey, what are you blabbing about?

K6kLgfN.jpg
… (Why would you even listen to him)

hZqxF4R.jpg
Dang! Dang! Dang! Daji and Zhao Gongming joined forces. The Kunlun army was trapped inside the Peach Blossom ritual. Only Jiang Ziya and his Mi-lu… standing tall against the archenemy!

hZqxF4R.jpg
So how would Jiang Ziya deal with this situation? Legend goes… how?

sSBLVww.jpg
Come on! Finish the story!

hZqxF4R.jpg
Dang dang dang! Act 4, two evil ones against Jiang Ziya! Don’t just stand there, the play is on! Hey, newbies, go to your positions!

We need to enact a play for Beichou.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Eh?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Are you talking to us?

hZqxF4R.jpg
Didn’t you hear what I just said, Mi-lu? Quickly!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I am the golden-haired Mi-lu?

HKpwBf8.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Eh? Then I shall be… the witch Daji?

hZqxF4R.jpg
Who else? What’s wrong with your memory? Come on, quickly! This is no time for rest yet!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Heh heh… thank you, foreman!

sSBLVww.jpg
Stop that gloating!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Why should I be the beast! That’s racist…

Mi-lu means “elk” in Chinese.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t be sad, Taya. Look at me, a female fox.

Daji (Chinese: 妲己; pinyin: Dájǐ; Wade–Giles: Ta-chi) was the favorite consort of King Zhou of Shang, the last king of the Shang dynasty in ancient China. She is portrayed as a malevolent fox spirit in legends as well as novels. Her identification as a fox spirit seems to have originated from at least the Tang dynasty. These accounts have been popularized in works such as the Wu Wang Fa Zhou Pinghua (武王伐紂平話), the Fengshen Yanyi, and the Lieguo Zhi. She is considered a classic example of how a beautiful woman can cause the downfall of a dynasty in Chinese culture.

In the Song dynasty, fox spirit cults, including those dedicated to Daji, became outlawed, but their suppression was unsuccessful. For example, in 1111, an imperial edict was issued for the destruction of many spirit shrines within Kaifeng, including those of Daji.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
But at least you look human…

sSBLVww.jpg
What are you doing!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, we need to ask for this senior’s favor. Many seniors have their own rules, maybe this is just a test.

sSBLVww.jpg
Are we really doing this for him?

HKpwBf8.jpg
What’s the harm in it anyway? We haven’t had any time to relax ever since we started investigating this Acquittal Period. Just consider this as some entertainment.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk, whatever!

hZqxF4R.jpg
What are you whispering there! You, older one, you are Jiang Ziya and the bad tempered muff will be Zhao Gongming! Dang dang dang! Act 6, battle and action…

sSBLVww.jpg
I thought we were at act 4?

hZqxF4R.jpg
It is what I say it is. Take your golden serpent. Those two props behind you! Get to your position, bow when on stage! Dang dang dang!

6Gjnuq7.jpg

XYW0EWo.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Eh!? Do you mean me?

hZqxF4R.jpg
Of course, hurry up!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
OK. Gu, no… Mr Jiang, I am sorry, I am going to help Daji.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Mi-lu… good! Give it to me!

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
… (He is fast to join in the play.)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehehe! Mi-lu, do you see the bad guys? He has enslaved you for so long, don’t you hate him? This is a good chance for revenge. Scare him first!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Scare him? How do I do that?

hZqxF4R.jpg
Ah!! This is crazy, how can the Mi-lu Deer speak?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Eh, so… *barks*

hZqxF4R.jpg
Do you think it is a dog?! It is a kylin!! Try again!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Kylin…?? Ah, I see, that is a giraffe, right? But I don’t know its sound?

hZqxF4R.jpg
Well, never mind. You can’t even do such simple things, just continue the play!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
*barks*

HKpwBf8.jpg
Mi-lu, I can’t bear to become your enemy…

First Gu needs to hold for some turns against the three.

E2xWuAl.jpg

G1ISTf0.jpg

After 4 turns Taya returns to Gu’s side and both Shinji and Ziling need to be defeated.

D52baGi.jpg

hI2dTVV.jpg

There’s a caveat here: Shinji and Ziling need to be taken down AT THE SAME TIME. If you don’t remove their equipment and disable their best skills/internal style this is a real pain in the ass.

AKwfh9j.jpg

Basically you need to line them up for a Flaming Blade, which can take some time.

AUSNvYV.jpg

4UKu34P.jpg

M6OB2Ou.jpg

Vl0PTHT.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Gu Yuexuan of Xiaoyao Valley with my brother Jing Ji, Wei Ziling of Wei Castle, Lady Taya of Petals, nice to meet you, Senior Beichou.

hZqxF4R.jpg
*sigh* I never want to meddle in any of your conflicts. Normally, you would need a dozen Wisdom fruits as the price for my wisdom. But, you have satisfied my hunger for opera, so this time I won’t charge you.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Mr Clown, please… I need you to save my clan!

820z4za.jpg

hZqxF4R.jpg
Black Robes… those guys never learn. Li Cangtian is missing now and his brother is not as loving as him. So you can’t ask the Cult of Tianlong.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
We already know this… right now Cult of Tianlong is not only the enemy of Feng Du but the enemy of all famous sects of Central China. Cult of Tianlong is not itself anymore…

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Our only hope is now you, Mr Clown. The man with the hawk said this to us… and I believed him.

hZqxF4R.jpg
*sigh* Damn Garuda, the only thing I got from you is endless trouble… Only Li Cangtian’s former officers can help your Petals now.

sSBLVww.jpg
What!? Li Cangtian’s goons are still alive?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Quiet! We do need his help!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Devaraja’s companions… where can we find them?

hZqxF4R.jpg
After Li Cangtian went missing, the Cult of Tianlong has been divided into two factions. Those who oppose Nagaraja all left, looking for their old master and saving their strength.

hZqxF4R.jpg
Right now Nangong Longfei has the biggest force among them. Get him on board and you get the whole package.

hZqxF4R.jpg
If you want to find him, go to the south west. Maybe your paths will cross in Hmong territory.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
We appreciate your advice.

hZqxF4R.jpg
Dang dang dang! I need to prepare for my next show! *sigh* Where can I find good actors?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Lady Taya, we should go too.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Yes!

Finishing the play gave us some Large wisdom fruit, extremely rare but very good for leveling up quickly.

hn12sdB.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXXIV: Black Robes

We go to find Devaraja’s loyalists in the SW part of the map.

RiOIBzh.jpg

Lc4zjVb.jpg

hZcS6ZX.jpg

wG0ixos.jpg

tyMQUJP.jpg

YxeNdRX.jpg

tl1v6AX.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Brother Gu, their clothing… corresponds with what the the chief said of Devaraja. That man must be Captain Nangong mentioned by Mr Clown.

K6kLgfN.jpg
They are tangling with Tianlong Cultists!

sSBLVww.jpg
Those guys seem to be formidable.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu, we better help them repel those Tianlong Cultists before asking for help.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Help or not, I must make friends with him due to his high aspirations and courage.

sSBLVww.jpg
Well said!

We already fought the two bearded Devarajas.

2omFmao.jpg

I0EDCUS.jpg

The other two are weak but the female has the annoying Spellbound talent.

JqMf3FB.jpg

3W2M0aC.jpg

Nangong is a badass with the same internal style as Sword Saint.

Vy43iGt.jpg

HKaMh0U.jpg

Normally you’d want to take down the female Devaraja last but with Nangong’s internal style that can’t really happen.

GFNDNeS.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes. I am Gu Yuexuan, this is Jing Ji. I admire your heroism. Allow me to kneel to you.

uqI9STt.jpg
Wait! I might have lost many brothers without your help. It is me who needs to kneel. Hahahaha!

uqI9STt.jpg
Eh, a Semuren girl? Are you from Petals Tribe?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I am Taya from Petals Tribe… Zodia is my dad. Please help us!

uqI9STt.jpg
Did Black Robes attack you again?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
That is right.

uqI9STt.jpg
In those days, the leader of Petals Tribe helped the Hierarch. Your father also talked much with the Hierarch about philosophy, they were good friends. Petals Tribe’s business is our business.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Thank you very much, Mr Nangong… I have nothing to give in return.

uqI9STt.jpg
You are welcome! If the Hierarch were still here, he would certainly help you too. I will inform everyone to head to Petals Tribe right now.

We meet back at Petals Tribe.

UPQH5DB.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are a man of your word.

uqI9STt.jpg
It is a basic principle to treat people with sincerity. I have sent out scouts. They have gathered 50,000 troops and want to destroy the so called heresy in one fell swoop.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
50,000 troops…

K6kLgfN.jpg
The troops of Devaraja and the militia of Petals are nearly… 2,000. They surely cannot withstand the Black Robes.

uqI9STt.jpg
A weak force to overcome a powerful opponent, that is the strategy.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Then what’s the strategy?

uqI9STt.jpg
Black Robes are under a reign of terror. They have a large number of troops who are fanatical, but also extremely superstitious. If we manage to assassinate their leader, they will collapse without the need to attack them.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Ah… to catch bandits, first catch the ringleader.

uqI9STt.jpg
That’s right. There will be a Rite of Worshipping Fire presently, where hundreds of people will be sacrificed to their god. The man who performs this rite is their High Priest, Bahareed.

uqI9STt.jpg
We infiltrate this rite and assassinate the High Priest. In that case, the morale of Black Robes will be greatly decreased so that we can destroy them one by one from the rear.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Wonderful! For this merciless rite, we can’t sit around!

t2hwbnf.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Above all, how can we infiltrate this rite? Their defenses must be very tight.

uqI9STt.jpg
Only the top levels of Black Robes can approach the High Priest during the rite. My scouts happened to retrieve a box from a dead disciple. Here it is.

uqI9STt.jpg
The disciples of Black Robe keep their Art of Black Robes inside these boxes. We have used various methods but can’t open it.

uqI9STt.jpg
Maybe you can open it, little girl. We need to read the Art of Black Robes and memorize it. This task can only be completed by you.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I see, Mr Nangong.

sSBLVww.jpg
Wait! Uh… you mean only Taya can approach the High Priest. Do you want her to kill that miscreant?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Bahareed…

uqI9STt.jpg
Can you do it, Taya? The whole clan will be buried with you if you fail.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
*nods with pale face* I… must protect my clan.

uqI9STt.jpg
I trust your determination.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Taya…)

We pick up the Art of Black Robes after solving a lockpick minigame.

RYR6GHp.jpg

m3ydPjB.jpg

The Art of Black Robes is a powerful offensive skill. Taya can quickly learn this with the large wisdom fruit from Beichou.

ajgFBBM.jpg

We set out once it is completely mastered.

I03ICTX.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What in hell is the meaning of Sagis?

uqI9STt.jpg
This is the highest praise to a wise person in Petals.

sSBLVww.jpg
You are so clever, Taya. I thought you were just a little girl.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Er… in fact, I’m just twenty… not a little girl anymore.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What?! I thought you were one or two years older than me…

sSBLVww.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Unexpectedly, Taya and I are the same age. It is impolite that I…)

uqI9STt.jpg
Then take this dagger, I have applied poison to it. Stab his heart with it when you approach him.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Of course.

HKpwBf8.jpg

uqI9STt.jpg
Let’s set off when you’re ready. The place where this rite takes place is in the desert near Kashgar. This is a very dangerous operation, whoever says they don’t want to participate can stay here.

sSBLVww.jpg
Do you look down on us?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Taya is also our friend, Mr Nangong. No one will stand aside in this matter.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Whether success or failure, I will stay with you, Taya.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Thank you…

uqI9STt.jpg
Great! I really admire your sincerity. Let’s go now!

Next up, we’re at the ritual.

6jhad8p.jpg

nQk05p8.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Are those the Black Robes? They… they look like they’re possessed.

uqI9STt.jpg
Hush now. Don’t let them know we are here.

HKpwBf8.jpg
… (Lady Taya, please be alright.)

10H3oEY.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg

luf5XTM.jpg

EGh3VW4.jpg

ton5tEC.jpg

uqI9STt.jpg
(Now!)

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
………!!

Taya bungles the job completely.

xIegQAB.jpg

U0iXHi6.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
No, she missed!

uqI9STt.jpg
It’s my fault… she didn’t want to kill Bahareed.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Taya!!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
(Sorry, sorry… it is my fault… sorry, everyone.)

DrTuKiS.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Nooo!!!

Gu jumps to Taya’s defense but it’s still a precarious situation.

jycrfty.jpg

Xj2UGA2.jpg

This battle is lost when Taya dies and she’s surrounded by many enemies that can all use the fan AoE Thunder Storm like Chu Hui.

To be 100% safe we need to kill Bahareed in the first turn.

We deploy Ziling, Fatty and Chu Hui for high movement + Flicking Finger very high single target damage.

2dZXgvr.jpg

KNfbmdu.jpg

Ziling starts the turn with Erasing Art so Bahareed cannot counter and trigger invulnerability.

B6RkWxp.jpg

After Taya uses Art of Black Robes and Gu uses Flaming blade Bahareed can be finished off by the remaining party members.

hHgjwRL.jpg

Fatty dual strikes a Flicking Finger here, it’s over.

XQhWJvG.jpg

9XxzapU.jpg

uqI9STt.jpg
The time is now! Taya, do it!

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I am sorry, God forgive you!

niRDCtn.jpg

rF9mAdz.jpg

rB9FODp.jpg

After the battle, Taya is sad.

lDHXJG2.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Lady Taya, there you are.

rnvkhN0.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Gu…

U13DMOr.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I… killed…

HKpwBf8.jpg
You killed Bahareed and saved us. Not only us, you saved all the people from slaughter.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I…I…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Lady Taya, I know the feeling of having blood on your hands… it is not easy. No one has the right to take the lives of others.

HKpwBf8.jpg
But, a lot of time… we just don’t have a choice. This is the way of life… No one can do what they want.

u4sRVtj.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Lady Taya, forgive me…

sdyPeQL.jpg

HiD1Ty1.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Gu, you know magic!

HKpwBf8.jpg
This is Qinggong, I can teach you if you want.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I… I don’t think I can do that.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Anything is possible as long as you put your heart into it. Don’t you want to learn something like this?

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I do!

zhv02Fq.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
But with great power comes great responsibility… you must have many things to worry about?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Heh heh, I wasn’t born with power, it took me many years of practice to have ability like this. I… was consumed by hatred, unable to feel peace.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Hate? Gu, you…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Lady Taya, you have a father who loves you. But mine is lost to me… when I was just an infant. My father died… just in front of my eyes… killed by the enemy.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Ahh! Sorry… I’m really sorry…

HKpwBf8.jpg

Oljmc1z.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Gu…

KZmcb6h.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
I...I...

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, Lady Taya. Actually, you kind of look like my mother… she had Semuren blood in her too.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Is that true? Your mother must be so beautiful.

HKpwBf8.jpg

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Gu, how… how did you go through the pain?

HKpwBf8.jpg
When I lost everything, I met my master and Ji. I had someone important to me again.That’s when I came to understand we aren’t just living for ourselves. And that’s the reason why I started to practice martial arts.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I can use this power to protect everyone.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Nowadays, I like to climb mountains and just staring into the world when I’m having a bad time. I will always remember why I started all this when I look up at the sky.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We are just a drop of water in a huge sea. Everything will go away eventually. The only thing we can do is to seize the day… protect everyone who is important to us.

w3vJ2Hx.jpg
Thank you, Gu. I have made up my mind. I’m going to learn Qinggong from you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s a deal.

After the battle with Bahareed we got the Golden Armor which should be put on Taya immediately.

SF44wTR.jpg

Taya also gets the following new skill:

r0XEP6h.png

Being able to trigger invulnerability at will is p. useful.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part LXXXV: Villains Valley

We take the time to enter Villains Valley.

HgYci1n.jpg

There’s a weirdo with a crocodile here, there’s probably a quest here.

nDg9t6v.jpg

Along the way to the entrance are some fights with petty thugs.

IscVU7d.jpg

K1Be3zM.jpg

MtCjItw.jpg

wYifwON.jpg

The true villains here are the Pervert, Gambler, Drunk and Glutton.

vfnPmym.jpg

5ObiArN.jpg

nKm16ZV.jpg

n6lqCub.jpg

1IidaCg.jpg

rWdMisG.jpg

The pervert remembers Ziling.

gVrMmG5.jpg

OYkI2CJ.jpg

Ww4fETg.jpg
We might change the name to good guy’s valley if we were all good. What are you doing here in this godforsaken land? Heh heh, I guess it must have something to do with Xincan.

sSBLVww.jpg
Where is he? I want to see him, I have no time for you losers.

usBb9fR.jpg
I was just preserving my strength, it will not be that easy this time. I pay no mind to men… but…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Quit staring at me with those eyes!

usBb9fR.jpg
Heh heh… for a beauty like you, I will use 100% power this time.

sSBLVww.jpg
You… how dare you!

usBb9fR.jpg
Ouch, that hurt.

H3bDKyy.jpg
Humpf! Even though I don’t care about that Xincan, we still have a reputation to keep, so…

CxdVUa1.jpg
Right, just be quick this time, I’m starving.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, Ziling, we can’t reason with these guys. But… you got me here, so no need to worry.

sSBLVww.jpg
…Pst!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, I’m not a child either!

HKpwBf8.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
…?

H3bDKyy.jpg
Go play your hero games in hell! Die!

The four losers almost go down in 1 turn.

B685ffi.jpg

9ae7O9g.jpg

banamVc.jpg

64Kml1x.jpg

Ria3dbW.jpg

FDZVeGN.jpg

H3bDKyy.jpg
Tsk! Fine. What can you do even if you know his whereabouts? You think you can walk out of here alive?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You villains aren’t always united. Xincan and you want to get rid of each other, am I right?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Just like here and now, if one of you got injured, others will tear you apart like wolves. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be able to deal with all of you together anyway.

H3bDKyy.jpg
Hahaha, interesting girl. You know our minds like one of us.

HKpwBf8.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
So what is it going to be?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You want to be the bosses of Villains’ Valley, right? Tell us where Xincan is and we will take care of him for you.

Ww4fETg.jpg
Heh heh, sounds like a good deal. But sadly, I don’t know the whereabouts of Xincan.

usBb9fR.jpg
Yes, but I know.

CxdVUa1.jpg
I wouldn’t believe you.

usBb9fR.jpg
Fuck off. The only thing I am good at, is women. Xincan never thought his lover was seeing me from the start. Hehehehe!

H3bDKyy.jpg
Wow.. anyway, all women have a big mouth.

usBb9fR.jpg
Right now, he is at the Gaocang Relic. And you can choose to believe me or not.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Gaocang Relic… can we believe him?)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thanks for you information. Let’s go, to the Gaocang Relic.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, aren’t you afraid this might be a trap?

sSBLVww.jpg
We have no other trail for now. So we have to go there even if it is a trap.

K6kLgfN.jpg
No… just like I said, us getting rid of Xincan will only benefit them, so they will not lead us into a trap.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Okay, let’s go then.

q1KBVjw.jpg

We are teleported to Gaocang Relic but don’t want to enter yet and leave.

GkiuRlw.jpg

8t5hoyY.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom