Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Lets play the best Storyfag RPG of all time: Betrayal at Krondor!

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Naphtha is my second favorite thing in life after kittens. That shower of red pixels always warms my heart.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
i-TNk874H-M.png

5tIxNU1.jpg

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sorry my sessions are coming so slow. Pathfinder you see...

Anyway - next session:

We move forward like 2 steps from where we left off and trigger something.

i-cLnHvVk-M.png

Could that be the dude we're looking for?

i-7LL7nPj-M.png

Apparently Gorath is not in the mood to discuss the truth about our escape: that we have no idea who let us out.

i-zWMKPD8-M.png

Sure sounds like this is the guy we're looking for. Seems he too is armed. What sort of slave mines are these?

i-69SmXLR-M.png

You and what army?

i-5FVmkTb-M.png

Well, seems like Gorath succeeded in getting an ally.

i-8jdGp7C-M.png

And so he recounts his plan of escape.

i-vf4Cr25-M.png

Hmmm, seems like we need to find some kind of breathing masks.

i-gqHMHfL-M.png

Yes... stay here... as an armed slave?

i-HRfCnrZ-M.png

After exploring some more we find a chest in a dead end.

i-WZW9ffr-M.png

More Naptha! Good, I've been using it like mad.

i-bF76548-M.png

And soon we find the river. Looks like some poor fools have succumbed to the fumes. Or maybe this is just where they dump dead bodies.

i-894nBfz-M.png

Hmm, they'd strip them before dumping them. So must have been the fumes after all.

i-GpnbtJm-M.png

Um, yes. Assist him with finding the desperately needed masks, no? Seems like the game assumes you find the river first for some reason.

i-vQcMNw3-M.png

Before we leave we're just able to reach another body.

i-6WmSWW9-M.png

We end up having to backtrack a bit and then find a large room. It's guarded by a lone hag.

i-fJg8d7L-M.png

All these witch hags seem to have terrible speed which makes Owyn be the first caster to act. He plain disables her with Grief.

i-3tn5m4z-M.png

After which he rests up and then beats her to death with a stick.

i-xzGb5bk-M.png

Her stuff.

i-KkrTtF6-M.png

Location update of the large room.

i-DDGXjVT-M.png

There are two chests on both sides of her body.

i-3pQgZFg-M.png

First one isn't trapped, but we can't pick it either. Gorath is no James when it comes to locks.

i-p64dP2t-M.png

We burn about 6 lockpicks before I give up. At least his skill went up by two points.

i-SLRdN3R-M.png

The other chest was trapped and I decided not to risk it. The only other exit out of the room led to a dead end with some rocks. Perhaps they hid masks here?

i-QNvdRrm-M.png

No... We're digging through rocks for no reason.

i-q5VRcBs-M.png

We backtrack some more and find a chest hidden behind a drake/wyvern we killed earlier. But we can't get inside this one either.

i-d4RZb2M-M.png

We continue on and find another chest in a dead end.

i-J9tGM4v-M.png

Goddamit.

i-7HHkvmp-M.png

Ah, but the noble key WORKS!

i-Rzpm3mk-M.png

Oh wow, what if I didn't think to try out the keys?

i-bDT8JKr-M.png

Sounds jury-rigged. Hope they work.

i-HFFGzpx-M.png

We explore the last passageway but end up running into a dead end. Turns out we pretty much explored the entire mine last session. And here I was dreading fighting more enemies after every 5 feet.

i-BDVX4zg-M.png

We return back to Obkhar but he seems sad despite the fact that we bring back masks.

i-RhVcFvq-M.png

How would he have done that? We JUST brought back masks now.

i-P68Shmj-M.png

I'm confused. The game is acting like we gave him the mask already.

i-VBLb3kR-M.png

Hmmmm, well lets get out of here and hope the game lets him out too.

i-Q4pDTRQ-M.png

We go to the river - but apparently Owyn holding both masks isn't enough for the game to let us out.

i-ggNmkrQ-M.png

It gets better after we re-distribute.

i-TQt99Hv-M.png

Sounds like the escape isn't pleasant - even with the masks.

i-K6SS8Z8-M.png

Lets hope Gorath's theory is correct...

i-LnKpJfn-M.png

Yay! We made it out. And Owyn immediately uses his creative juices to come up with quite the cantrip idea.

i-rJHqkC8-M.png

Damn. Sounds like Owyn almost died.

i-tLvsKqb-M.png

We go back to Moraeulf to get the password for the bridge.

i-HzVRdGr-M.png

Lets see how Gorath plays this.

i-7962KGz-M.png

Seems like he's banking on Moraeulf's greed.

i-ZF7LC2D-M.png

And he bites!

i-Zq7zswX-M.png

Yes yes, we're just clueless couriers.

i-SG6Zzh3-M.png

Uhuh, sure thing. We just need the password.

i-bFh6qzJ-M.png

I suppose he will get suspicious if Gorath doesn't act outraged.

i-Vm7jkcx-M.png

Serpentslayer eh? Seems like an irreverent title given their masters from the previous war...

i-SXQdk7s-M.png

We proceed south but drop by to pick up our reward. Seems like the game was in the correct state after all.

i-zMCTgTk-M.png

Hehe, that's a pretty good burn.

i-LMBfxx5-M.png

Apparently 200 gold is how much a moredhel weights. Makes me wonder how we go around carrying thousands.

i-zhTNR7P-M.png

We'll go use the password next time.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I always felt the masks looked a little too gaudy. Less like a military gas mask and more like something you'd see in Phantom of the Opera.

VGMG

Novice
Thought Chapter 4 had claimed another victim, glad to hear it's just Pathfinder.

Now that you did it, Irmelyn's quest rewards you with more than gold if you didn't find Cullich by chance, it's how you're supposed to get her location. This is why I kept voting for the West route instead of the East one.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Thought Chapter 4 had claimed another victim, glad to hear it's just Pathfinder.

Now that you did it, Irmelyn's quest rewards you with more than gold if you didn't find Cullich by chance, it's how you're supposed to get her location. This is why I kept voting for the West route instead of the East one.

Ah. Was there a way around Halich? It kinda seemed like the way was blocked but I didn't explore the woods around the area.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I guess that would have been cool too. Oh well. Lets move on to the next session:

We return to the bridge. They're still looking for that password.

i-zVQxd5z-M.png

Gorath and the guard engage in some kind of staring contest. But the password is good.

i-7xq5CVg-M.png

Unfortunately there's a second group on the other side of the bridge and they don't seem to care about any sperentslayers.

i-vDrWPQD-M.png

Owyn is charged by some enemies - so he drinks spellcasting potion to allow him casting while in melee range.

i-QTJXbHt-M.png

Gorath misses.

i-5QCGDFn-M.png

Then gets hit for 10.
Owyn gets hit for 8.
Owyn finds out the potion does NOT allow him to cast in melee range. Uses charge from staff instead.

i-VjVMDgS-M.png

Gorath lands a swing for 79 damage and kills a goblin.

i-VjVMDgS-M.png

Owyn gets hit for 11.
Gorath catches up to the goblin that fled after being hit with lightning. Thrust for 70 finishes that goblin.

i-WS7dxHZ-M.png

Gorath lands a thrust. Only 37 damage.

i-RKWFGLj-M.png

Owyn gets hit for 12. Enough is enough, time to eat some restoratives.

i-3NCmd4p-M.png

Gorath lands another thrust. 39 damage is enough.

i-jPM7S4z-M.png

Owyn takes revenge with a thrust for 12.

i-dFKLvsN-M.png

Gorath finishes his attacker with a hit for 73.

i-MxTQZ2t-M.png

Gorath then parries the last warrior's attacks until Owyn rests up. After which Owyn charges and hits for 12.

i-kKg2f2C-M.png

After which Gorath finishes the fight with a hit for 71.

i-867qrFf-M.png

The guys across the bridge did not join the fight, so we might as well loot.

i-KvVsMtV-M.png

Aha! Our looting ways earn us some gold.

i-scgm2s9-M.png

This was the guy who was taking half the damage that everyone else was. Nice armor.

i-QJm9rw2-M.png

And even more gold!

i-QzqPQFw-M.png

We try to reposition to find the last corpse in the pile, but trigger something instead.

i-D9pQz87-M.png

This guy is wearing some strange outfit. Like a cross between a pikeman and one of those trappers from the American colonial times.

i-7QFPtVk-M.png

But I guess Owyn is in too much of a hurry to comment on Finn's fashion choices.

i-c9c4jnn-M.png

Seems like a strange place to be having this conversation.... An errant arrow from across the bridge and Owyn's priceless information could die on his lips. I doubt Gorath will get very far in the kingdom on his own.

i-CRr8vm2-M.png

Or they could overhear some of this tactical information.

i-LwkLJTM-M.png

I guess this guy is some kind of a leader here in the border lands - as normally privates bring people in to be interrogated, not do field interrogation themselves.

i-wjVNZhT-M.png

They wouldn't? Hell they that guy that wasn't much older spying for them just fine in Chapter 1.

i-2nDbqC9-M.png

It does seem a bit far fetched doesn't it?

i-QwmT96r-M.png

Hmmm, good point. Heard about a Customs Agent that still blames himself because he didn't stop the 9/11 hijackers when he noticed they were wearing nice suits with awful shoes when going through security.

i-48xWXtD-M.png

Well, I guess the rules in this military are a bit more lax.

i-QTqHQLn-M.png

Hopefully the Lieutenant brings enough men that we won't be randomly ambushed by moredhel and dragged back to Sar Sargoth.

i-G4KmwLF-M.png

Seems like Gorath is recounting a journey.

i-ZWRQhTM-M.png

Over a map?

i-sN5xPJZ-M.png

The animation is kinda cute.

i-F8HVr32-M.png

Yes, seems like we skipped the march and are now talking to Arutha.

i-2kdN7Dm-M.png

Clearly James's signature is not quite enough to convince Arutha we didn't just murder James and are continuing some sort of charade in order to draw Arutha into a trap.

i-pmTrx2f-M.png

But - James did give us something else.

i-xFkpW8n-M.png

Lets hope Owyn has better memory then I do.

i-hLRw7q6-M.png

Hmmm, it seems I remembered the right phrase after all.

i-Mc8X9G2-M.png

I don't remember who Laurie is. Either way, apparently Owyn and Gorath were pretty close to getting executed.

i-vVkbfrB-M.png

Hmmm, that does seem strange. Even if he's got treachery planned to win the keep - how do you keep the war going with such a small force?

i-BkWTkrR-M.png

Yes, but what is it?

i-FXMn9sr-M.png

So he's a raider. Are we really dealing with a crisis here?

i-dqwdwbc-M.png

Gorath probably has hopes of slaying Delekhan in personal combat on the field of battle or something like that.

i-RWWbr2s-M.png

Oh? Why?

i-5scdz6D-M.png

That seems smart - Delekhan has got the Six. But then again, doesn't Arutha also have battle mages?

i-LXKNN3S-M.png

Either way, that is were Owyn and Gorath are heading next. And this chapter - is over.

i-R8qBPW7-M.png

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A new chapter is ahead!

Sorry about the screencast thing. There's some glitch that I've been dealing with from the beginning where the game acts like I'm pressing Enter all the time when I tab back to it sometimes. Makes taking screenshots of long animations and intros really difficult. So I've decided to start shooting videos of them and taking screenshots of that. Unfortunately the first program I found leaves that damn logo on everything.
Anyway, its time to see the Rivers run red!

i-tv5M3cZ-M.png

Oooh, guess who's back?! Back again! Locky's back! Tell a friend!

i-DRBLT65-M.png

And he's immediately seducing serving girls. Love the guy!

i-jgVbxmf-M.png

Whoa... That moredhel is...

i-RVVHKQ2-M.png

Flailing in the air! This must be the magical advisor: Patrus. Wasn't that the guy who gave Owyn secret training too?

i-mNp3xr5-M.png

River bottom mud sucking badger whacked mad? Is he cursing or is that some spell? Either way, the experience is probably quite terrifying for the unfortunate floating moredhel.

i-C4ZNSVf-M.png

The Sirs are appropriately impressed.

i-hv8m5bj-M.png

Agitatin alright...

i-vJrrGLV-M.png

James sounds like he's pissing himself. The dude is in the presence of Master Magician Pug quite often, but I guess Pug doesn't go around doing stuff like this guy.

i-wdTtcHc-M.png

Dude sounds racist against moredhel.

i-cghWqsd-M.png

I think he learned some moredhel air dancing.

i-L8mThCr-M.png

Have the Six come this way?

i-nLPVfjJ-M.png

Didn't you guys just come from there?

i-qQkPWzM-M.png

Patrus decides to use the airborne moredhel as the pointer.

i-8tsNw5z-M.png

As he quickly flings him to the left. He went REALLY fast, I don't think the landing was survivable.

i-dfXZ7XD-M.png

And so he's joined us! Its James, Locky and Patrus for this chapter.

i-wfR439c-M.png

Well, let's check him out first. He must be a real badass after that intro. So let's see...

Oh.... god... how am I supposed to keep this alive?

i-b7XM4kg-M.png

Anyway... some background info on him.

i-vDdhJ52-M.png

I think his speed rating would beg to differ...

i-7PDtzXj-M.png

Let's check on Locky. Oh, he got better at everything but Defense. Not sure what the story is there.

i-dHq6KjB-M.png

And his background - since we have not seen it before.

i-H2VknJ3-M.png

Seems to also be a story of how he and Gorath met. If we had gone north in Chapter One we would have met that soldier Finn and as I recall he would have also given a bit on their first meeting.

i-xjmKhdB-M.png

James also got better at everything but Defense. I though maybe Locky got some training while he was doing god knows what for 3 chapters, but I guess they both improved doing the same thing. Despite this improvement, James is still nowhere close to Gorath's and Locky's martial prowess.

i-5Kc7PHz-M.png

Ah, so the game just makes it clear that Jimmy is Upright Man's son right off the bat here.

i-xTrQ8LS-M.png

Patrus's stuff. That armor does not mix well with Patrus's awful defense skill. James is forced to give him his armor instead.

i-LcDNqc7-M.png

Locky has an awesome sword, but middling crossbow and awful armor. Oh well, at least his Defensive skill is good. And we still have a lot of gold to buy better quality stuff.

i-ZgqHCQz-M.png

So... I've been having James lug around bunch of books and spell scrolls with him as I had metagame knowledge that these would be joining in this chapter. But for some reason Patrus is not benefiting from some of the books. Such as this Weapon and Armorcraft book. At least Locky can still use it.

i-6zbwhSJ-M.png

Fortunately Patrus did benefit from the Defense book. Unfortunately he has a long way to go.

i-7Mdh4z3-M.png

While Locky's went into elite level.

i-qF6d24T-M.png

And that wonderful book about bird migrations!

i-6RTfTXJ-M.png

Made Locky cross the 90% mark on his melee accuracy.

i-8T2gXwn-M.png

We'll find out if its enough to keep guys off Patrus' old ass next time.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The trouble with Patrus is that by this point, he's not that impressive compared to Owyn. I can't remember, does he have any unique spells that Owyn hasn't gotten yet?

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
I don't remember who Laurie is.

The Midkemia wiki has got you covered:

Laurie du Salador is a troubadour and Pug's friend during his time in Tsuranuanni.

https://midkemia.fandom.com/wiki/Laurie

I don't remember any of this though I'm pretty sure I've read all three of Magician, Silverthorn and Darkness at Sethanon at least.

Unfortunately the first program I found leaves that damn logo on everything.

Just use OBS like everybody. It's very good at this point.

... while he was doing god knows what for 3 chapters, but I guess they both improved doing the same thing.

Banging all the chicks on the way from Krondor to Northwarden, no doubt.

I also have to point out how the game neatly colors Gorath in green when underground:
i-vf4Cr25-M.png

vs
i-LMBfxx5-M.png

Back in ye olde paletted days this was a separate task, either make another palette or change the main one dynamically.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The trouble with Patrus is that by this point, he's not that impressive compared to Owyn. I can't remember, does he have any unique spells that Owyn hasn't gotten yet?

I kinda recall him getting absolutely wrecked in the first couple of fights. His speed insures he goes last and by that time some goblin has him to his last few hitpoints. We'll see how it goes this time.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
First steps in the new Chapter:

First I'd like to thank Infidel for the OBS suggestion - it's made my life a lot easier!

Anyway, I have Patrus learn 2 of the 3 scrolls James was carrying around (he already knew the 3rd one). Here is the end result. The spells we haven't seen before are Evil Seek (bouncy spikes hit a lot of enemies, spell can't miss) and Union - the use of which we'll see very soon.

i-rdCZj7K-M.png

The Spyglass remained with James - making finding caches easy again!

i-gStTv8f-M.png

But as we round the hill to get to those red dots - we run into a trap.

i-Pjm8n5P-M.png

This looks a bit complicated.

i-dsGtPrf-M.png
'

But is actually as simple as just turning off the green staves with the gun.

i-R7NrxJh-M.png

And going through between them.

i-KB3wbRj-M.png

The red dots were a series of three chests. But... the symbols don't change to english - makes sense - Gorath is no longer with us.

i-MFs6GdP-M.png

Which brings us to the use of the new spell.

i-w2jRDn8-M.png

While knowing other languages seems awesome - it sounds like the effects of the spell are pretty unpleasant.

i-Dp34mCg-M.png

Still, it has the desired effect. This particular puzzle is so easy I won't bother giving you guys the letters.

i-3gzgTSp-M.png

They made it too obvious with the second sentence.

i-qwQnKVt-M.png

Both of these were poison free.

i-xqRD45F-M.png

This one is a bit more complex. Its letters are:

TREGCDS
PLTORWD
OHISINY
CUSTEAE

i-MWxjG9Z-M.png

And the last one is:

KIIEN
OEFVE
SHROP
TNELS

i-QsMjCdb-M.png

Answers and loot:

Not so hard once you realize 'SIDE' is likely the last four letters.

i-ZKQFG9d-M.png

More rations! And we didn't have rope so this is good. There were 8 restoratives, Patrus got them.

i-3t9MV7w-M.png

People do cry over onions.

i-5Mr7TqL-M.png

OK, so these chests must be supplies for the moredhel army. We pick all of them up just to starve them a bit.

i-XbJwxgd-M.png

We travel ahead some and see a goblin.

i-GnXsT8N-M.png

Sneaky sneaky!

i-bLL7djG-M.png

Whoa, guess Patrus wasn't kidding about other spellcasters being about. James feels like he HAS to disable spell casting of one of them, but can only get within the range of one.

i-BPBVq79-M.png

After which a goblin jumps Locky and hits him for 24. Some kind of fire effect on that goblin's sword!

i-2fbKJBF-M.png

Locky can't get in range with either spellcaster so he just counter-strikes with a thrust for 45.

i-HmfsZL8-M.png

And the witch griefs Patrus. This is not going great.

i-BC29QrN-M.png

This makes Patrus even easier to hit. At least his armor is decent (James was only in Dwarven! So that's what Patrus has). So he only takes 19 damage.

i-s36Srpz-M.png

Other spellcaster gets out of James's range. So James goes for the damned witch and kills her with a hit for 41.

i-rDx3zJB-M.png

The other goblin switches targets and hits James for 64!!!!! There was some kind of enchantment effect on that goblin's weapon too.

i-9Qj5ZgW-M.png

This fight is a huge difficulty spike. Locky has to beeline for the extremely dangerous goblin. Fortunately he lands a hit for 42.

i-9Dz6zR7-M.png

Meanwhile Patrus is still getting beat up on.

i-Rrc5gGW-M.png

The enemy spellcaster is free to cast whatever he wants, but he decides to waste it on Hocho's Heaven on the less dangerous goblin.

i-6t5CDDQ-M.png

Which gave Locky the chance to finish the deadly goblin and save his buddy.

i-Tt5Z8Nv-M.png

James tries to do the same for Patrus, but without much success.

i-s3Qx3V5-M.png

Well, Locky's still got it.

i-2sBTc4M-M.png

And James still does not.

i-nFTmDV9-M.png

Locky saves Patrus and now its just the fleeing protected goblin and the spellcaster that seems to have wasted most of his health on such protection.

i-3Dpp2hX-M.png

Meanwhile James continues being a poor excuse for a warrior.

i-JKqP9h5-M.png

That goblin gets away, but the spellcaster does not.

i-gg5n5Lt-M.png

Locky carried that fight and got even better at murdering things as a result.

i-FpmJMLh-M.png

The witch surprisingly had nothing.

i-q9fkHqM-M.png

Yay, we didn't have torches either.

i-NqfxnFH-M.png

Also Locky got the slightly better armor.

i-qgNZQ4h-M.png

This was the bastard that took 60% of James's health in one hit.

i-gFH33rj-M.png

Yeah, #2 enhancement on it. That doubles the damage I believe. Combine with the terrible Standard Kingdom armor it comes out to a very painful hit.

i-qT9KfpW-M.png

Well, seems like James will also have slightly better armor now.

i-HdNzpFC-M.png

Probably the source of said enhancement. Speaking of - I give a swipe to both Locky and James's sword. Seems like we'll need all the help we can get in this Chapter.

i-wFbD8Pd-M.png

Don't remember what that spell does.

i-bQPd76S-M.png

We'll find out if this fight was a fluke or this is the reality of Chapter 5 next time!

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The next few steps:

After healing up from the last fight we make a few steps north and see another encounter ahead. We use that oil we found on our swords.

i-FV5nmmt-M.png

And Patrus continues a proud Owyn tradition.

i-THztX5q-M.png

There are 2 moredhel spell casters AND a witch hag! Fortunately James is so fast - he still goes first despite the foiled surprise. So he charges the closer spellcaster and misses.

i-53M78nr-M.png

An ogre has a similar idea - and charges our spellcaster. He's more successful too - Patrus takes 28 damage.

i-3bzRq2q-M.png

Since Locky is unable to reach any of the enemy casters - he chooses to save Patrus instead. Locky seems to hit like a truck with that two hander with super oil on it. Ogre goes down after a thrust for 114.

i-vCgWFwp-M.png

The Hag witch casts a new spell at Patrus. I happen to know its a strength drain spell - which is pretty useless to cast since your caster is not likely to be using melee a whole lot. And its extremely useless to cast at Patrus since he is ALSO less likely to engage in melee.

i-xPPLBv6-M.png

Patrus is finally free to act. But he takes a point of damage when he does - I guess the ogre's sword was poisoned.
Lets take the opportunity to check out Evil Seek. Its a good damage spell... but we need to deny enemy actions a lot more than damage them. Especially when we have a melee guy doing 114 damage at will without costing any hp to him.

i-vfXt8BZ-M.png

So Patrus disables the unengaged spellcaster for a round or two.

i-rz8hbxg-M.png

James chases the other one and lands a hit this time. 65 damage is enough.

i-DGJc8vZ-M.png

Unfortunately Locky manages to actually miss the only enemy he can reach.

i-8zhNHdg-M.png

And the ogre makes him pay big time. 46 damage is way more than the 26 stamina he had left.

i-7M9WvRS-M.png

Fortunately the hag continues with her idiocy. Patrus was already down to 1 strength even before the recast the draining spell.

i-79Q98S7-M.png

Patrus recasts the blind spell.

i-zBNqn3R-M.png

And James finishes the hag with a hit for 79. Where is your stolen strength now?

i-j7xkLw2-M.png

Even in his severely injured state - Locky is a deadly swordmaster. A hit for 109 kills the ogre.

i-F3cP4vr-M.png

Patrus continues blinding.

i-Dgf5zz5-M.png

And James ends the fight with a thrust for 72.

i-rK2Tv9z-M.png

Ohoh. And we do NOT have anti-venom.

i-7WzrNLS-M.png

We start looting bodies to see if they have any. These healing packs might help a little.

i-7kkfS7v-M.png

But this is of no help.

i-MsDhRkw-M.png

Yay! Restoratives are very good right now.

i-Q8C7t53-M.png

This was the ogre that hit Locky like a truck. Locky actually ends up temporarily equipping this sword. Our oil is gone and this sword still has some lower quality one on it.

i-6Wn6MBT-M.png

No help with poison on any of the bodies.

i-CLVg3GD-M.png

Patrus is in a bad state.

i-7JmmJcq-M.png

He gulps down 4 restoratives and uses healing packs.

i-whqczjT-M.png

It takes about 3-4 days to recover with a few Healing packs.

i-CFZMNZc-M.png

Close to the fight is a hidey hole.

i-FxL52LQ-M.png

This will help restock our healing packs.

i-q3dw2Hn-M.png

The fight was at a crossroads. Seems like the right way should lead us back to Northwaden.

i-rTwcq9B-M.png

But very soon we see more enemies ahead.

i-Br5Jvrw-M.png

And Patrus does not make our life easier.

i-9DhSW4C-M.png

James can't actually get close enough to attack either spellcaster. But he can get close enough to stop them from casting for a round.

i-PwtRnMT-M.png

Despite us failing the stealth check, Locky also gets to go before the enemies. He lands a hit on the rightmost ogre. 56 damage.

i-qbCmkW3-M.png

During the enemy's turn - James gets hit for 25.

i-D9XCtJb-M.png

The ogres are slow - Patrus gets a chance to blind the one lumbering towards him.

i-KGkZJn7-M.png

James lands a hit for 39 on one of the casters.

i-JBMrjnL-M.png

Locky can't get to the caster, but hits another ogre for 54.

i-8sXdRLP-M.png

The other caster acts. Skyfire. 40 damage to James.

i-k97rFgJ-M.png

Patrus has a chance to blind one of the casters.

i-CtV88NK-M.png

Locky's way is blocked but he tries makes it clear by landing a hit for 55.

i-K2wPqNb-M.png

Despite the smacking James took - he manages to finish a spellcaster with a hit for 29. That hit would have finished him too - he's so hurt.

i-LnzfB8C-M.png

Patrus tries to re-blind the ogre that's been next to him. Gosh I miss Grief of 1000 Nights.

i-PwMzx6J-M.png

Locky takes the chance to finish the other spellcaster with a hit for 56.

i-JsxrVk9-M.png

I didn't actually realise how hurt James was during this fight, so I charged an ogre with him. A hit for 27 was not enough to kill.

i-wwdJw4t-M.png

But enough to make the ogre run towards Locky. Locky applied the finishing touch.

i-JhVk4gS-M.png

And again.

i-sPXDD2h-M.png

Meanwhile - James is not having such luck.

i-Fhtz4dv-M.png

Or... he actually is having SOME luck.

i-zcvHCWV-M.png

Anyway, Locky to the rescue once again.

i-bcnJVqm-M.png

Why is everything enchanted in this chapter?

i-57dBNpQ-M.png

Well, not everything.

i-Cx2LZtK-M.png

Seems like these moredhel spellcasters might have been designed to be ogre mages. They don't seem to have armor.

i-5Q2cWjh-M.png

Which is usually the MO for Ogres.

i-L9h3DDw-M.png

As we continue up the path, there are some corpses with a different colored cloaks. But they don't have anything good on them.

i-4Z85JgF-M.png

Wow. Safety at last. We'll need to get some better armor for sure.

i-LPp6JnS-M.png

We'll explore Northwarden next time.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
i-Dp34mCg-M.png

It's almost if they were completely alien.

Why is everything enchanted in this chapter?
Advanced moredhel spec ops teams, no less :D. The fights got a good bump in difficulty.

Also I don't want to nag but I've noticed how the borders around the screenshots ARE ALL UNEVEN NOW :argh:. Here's a trick I've used in my letsplays. Just make all screenshots with a full window border, then open this program: https://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/
Select all new images, right click and choose batch convert with cropping set up.
upload_2021-10-25_12-58-15.png

It'll take some time to pick the ideal settings but it'll save them for future use.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This chapter is just 100% war and BaK's tactical combat is relatively simple, but I still like this part of the game. It's like a real war. You're not running around changing the world based on your dialogue options, you're told by some old fat guy what to do and you'd better not fuck up or waste resources on it, because he's got another mission for you tomorrow. It feels like you're in an epic siege where you've just got to endure it through each day.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lets see what's in Northwarden.

Wow, this does look like a very defensible fort.

i-x389c8M-M.png

And what's this?

i-TZwKHrw-M.png

We're like human metal detectors or something.

i-MKNvXBh-M.png

Why do people bury random gold in suspicious piles of leaves in the woods?

i-H8fGGQp-M.png

It seems that there's also a shop in this castle. Hopefully they have better armor then what most of our characters are using at the moment.

i-h49p95v-M.png

And that's a YES!

i-tCTpQms-M.png

Seems like the rest of the things are standard.

i-kGdhDFt-M.png

Or maybe not! The anti-venom is particularly useful as we've got none. Unfortunately I forgot to buy any.

i-78NwCVd-M.png

But I did get a discount on the priceless armor.

i-T5vV3gP-M.png

Well... It actually still has a fairly steep price. But what is the worth of not having multiple heart attacks every battle?
All our guys get a suit.

i-ZRc9sR2-M.png

Only place left is the Palace.

i-DkqZ56Z-M.png

This dude reminds me of those Soviet generals - walking around with bunch of medals all over their chests.

i-8JmDQGx-M.png

And it appears the be the Baron of this castle. Seems like Nighthawks are still doing their dark work despite the death of their leader.

i-K6VgkL2-M.png

There was a Duke Martin in the books. Half brother of Arutha I think? Or maybe cousin.

i-CPLgQ7G-M.png

Fifteen hundred is even less than the 2k Arutha was estimating from the Nighthawk papers.

i-VP9g8xX-M.png

Castles sure do give you a gigantic advantage. Makes one wonder how they ever fell at all.

i-zCGDxbq-M.png

Seems like the baron has a decent head on his shoulders.

i-pWrgTGB-M.png

I guess we'll start with Duke Martin.

i-CVxBrzz-M.png

Didn't the Baron just tell us he was in the field?

i-7Qdcbwb-M.png

Seems like finding the Duke would be a bit higher of a priority then some minstrel.

i-DLv4s6B-M.png

Heh, too true.

i-vK6fBWL-M.png

I'm not sure how good of a music the guy will play if we force him back here. But I suppose Owyn isn't here to play This Kingdom Mine over and over.

i-W9x2rTb-M.png

OK, and what is helping out all about?

i-G2nqSML-M.png

Are we doing an investigation into the murder of the field commanders? We just did a chapter on this...

i-HGVJ2tC-M.png

Uh... What? OK. Sure - just say Yes.

i-dGQxsFF-M.png

This is giving flashbacks of that mission in Kingdom Come...

i-5PDnJ83-M.png

So... why are we doing this?

i-7FvW4rZ-M.png

Hmmm, isn't order good?

i-7kqBHK7-M.png

Oh... this is like Undercover Boss I guess.

i-C2FDLjj-M.png

To see how long it takes you to put all those medals back on of course...

i-tg7r6SD-M.png

I see now. The guard shift are too predictable and he doesn't actually have men watching in all directions all the time.

i-p9wRSZK-M.png

And here I thought Griefmaker was a one of a kind sword.

i-nCMHf2m-M.png

So this Baron seems a mixed bag. Micromanages way too much, but does seem to focus on the most important bits of information instantly.

i-z8s2f3S-M.png

Its good to have outside experts come in an test the processes sometimes.

i-8BBD7dW-M.png

At the very least its likely to get more men killed.

i-bQ3XbR5-M.png

That armor would have been an upgrade if we didn't just buy the best armor for everyone.

i-5vKFjnw-M.png

Time to say goodbye.

i-5QR5wz5-M.png

As lucid at giving directions? Is that a diss?

i-bjsRDFg-M.png

Ok, so find Duke and the Minstrel...

i-D9P5rj9-M.png

We get back to the fork that took us to Northwarden and go on the road we did not come in on. Eventually we see some goblins.

i-D8rbhxx-M.png

The seem to let us get very close.

i-FtCGhC2-M.png

I speed click through this, so I do NOT realize this is not a fight we're supposed to take on. At least I frost enchanted both of our swords.

i-qVnZBWL-M.png

Patrus? Experienced soldier?

i-5VBm9cL-M.png

Enemy crossbow man misses Patrus. But James misses with his charge as well.

i-NxQ4QsN-M.png

First blood in this fight came out of Locklear's quarrel-wound.

i-ksNtPgF-M.png

Second blood came out of him as well after a goblin strike.

i-DBrZ8hD-M.png

Locky repays with a swing that lands. But only 37 damage despite it being an enchanted swing from an Elven Greatsword. Guy must be wearing some good armor.

i-qzHvG73-M.png

Given that fact, Patrus hits him with a lightning strike from his staff. 40 damage does the trick.

i-np5DGxf-M.png

James charges the second archer and hits! 41.

i-z2SMr7j-M.png

And Locky isn't looking like his usual self in this fight so far.

i-vZXBmHT-M.png

Our new armors are soooo good! Only 14 damage onto Patrus despite enemy's sword being steelfired or something.

i-w9dSbcs-M.png

James finishes the archer with a thrust for 44.

i-8SjfrbF-M.png

And that's better from Locky. 59 damage is not quite enough though.

i-fCLn2wg-M.png

James's average accuracy skills cost him a second miss.

i-9bhgF5m-M.png

Meanwhile Locky goes into beastmode.

i-q8DZbjq-M.png

And James also gets a hit in.

i-dq6CbhR-M.png

Patrus actually held up well in this fight. Giving Locky time to rip into his attackers.

i-2GcVxm2-M.png

James's opponent managed to get a small revenge hit in.

i-htZ3qX9-M.png

Meanwhile Locky finished last of Patrus's attackers - allowing Patrus to blind/rest the last goblin.

i-bfkhBWx-M.png

Before James ended the fight.

i-V4vmc33-M.png

Well, Locky did take some damage early on. But overall this was much easier due to the better armor.

i-RzRNbm2-M.png

Aaaand the goblins are still there. Which is when I recognized my mistake.

i-n4783kJ-M.png

So this is all we get from this fight.

i-D89p49L-M.png

We'll try to find Duke Martin by going in the OTHER direction next time.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Time to find the Duke.

We head back towards Northwarden, and turn south. A very short distance past where we started the chapter we see a fork in the road and...

i-tPPQ2nG-M.png

Hmmm, could this be where Locky has been during the events of Chapters 2 and 3? Perhaps Arutha took Gorath's warnings more seriously than he let on.

i-rXkLHGS-M.png

Crydee is to the West of where we started the game. We can't get there in game. Martin was pretty big character in the first few of Feist's books. But then we didn't see much of him as the stories started focusing on Krondor and Martin is in charge of Crydee.

i-xTRCc5Z-M.png

I'm not sure it makes much sense of Martin to be here, sometimes it does feel like the game writers tossed in as many characters from the books as they could in order to invoke nostalgia.

i-qqWb5Mj-M.png

Lyam on the other hand I don't remember much about. Don't think he featured heavily in the books.

i-84GNrdf-M.png

And it seems he will not feature in this game either.

i-5Vf2dGq-M.png

Well, the game has to make it interesting. Still, what's the point of having vassals if you've got to go rescue them every time some 1.5k invaders decide to be suicidal?

i-xnCJddM-M.png

Same thing we do every night Pinkie...

i-c66BvCw-M.png

Oh boy, fetch quests. Our FAVORITE!

i-JFQBWQS-M.png

Let's start with the more important topic.

i-GmLScg4-M.png

Reporting for Fetch quests - Sir!

i-9BKdSwq-M.png

Hmmmm, some sort of espionage task?

i-qDCX8Mv-M.png

Patrus makes up for his lack of physical speed with some quick wit.

i-27gxgmL-M.png

Don't remember enough of the books to remember any specific Admiral.

i-KLchfTS-M.png

Hmmmm, I would actually like to see two such people interact... I think they'd exhaust themselves trying to be the wittiest one in the conversation.

i-mG4Mv7P-M.png

Technically you have to cast a spell to read it...

i-z6rW8sf-M.png

Oh I believe we found those boxes already.

i-HF9gNvz-M.png

Hmmm, there was some poison for sale in Northwarden I think.

i-Q7HMKt2-M.png

But before we go. What is this about Crossbows?

i-TPCnVr6-M.png

Yeah, this was true in the books. The Duke lives close to the elves and shoots about as well as them.

i-GCfB8Pd-M.png

Ah, sibling love.

i-Qvbntgx-M.png

James is really in love with his past persona.

i-KMHzRkp-M.png

Probably explains why he's in the field instead of safely behind walls.

i-SXzq5Cz-M.png

Too true. I almost never use Crossbows as not only are they less likely to hit, but they also generally do less damage.

i-KLm2WGt-M.png

Yay! Free skill upgrades!

i-8w4vhzr-M.png

Well, I guess when people are really bad - its a bit easier to improve them.

i-4N5cJr7-M.png

It's the follow up training that takes the time. Muscle memory and all that.

i-sxHvwsq-M.png

Looks like the increases were quite large!

i-KRqnPDz-M.png

Now if only the crossbows did more damage.

i-BqKgp2P-M.png

Time to get on with it.

i-bSfcvgH-M.png

Yeah, when you're outnumbered 1500:300 - the moredhel can afford to lose a lot more men then our side does.

i-ghQktkG-M.png

Which is why Duke being out here if a bit foolish, but whatever.

i-s9NJKTC-M.png

We go back to Northwarden and pick up the poison.

i-2NMZm3g-M.png

Then go back to the chests. And put a single poisoned ration into each one.

i-s29LjG6-M.png

Then we try to walk around the hill hiding the boxes the other way and... some ambush is afoot!

i-K252B3g-M.png

This made James better at scouting and apparently he wasn't that far behind Gorath in the skill! Impressive.

i-bXNVzMD-M.png

Locky improved too, but his skill will not be relevant since he'll stick with James for the rest of the game.

i-XCtT9H6-M.png

A few steps later gets us into that fight.

i-FCQ3gPk-M.png

James figures its best to disable two witches at once then try to damage and disable one. So he runs in between the two.

i-vpQ3ztn-M.png

Locky can't reach the 3rd one, so he goes for the first and... misses!

i-4L4nsCp-M.png

Patrus is faster than the 3rd witch and blinds her.

i-B4mQz89-M.png

Meanwhile James chases down and fails to hit one of the two witches that are running around.

i-TBJ4Dwc-M.png

Patrus is not as lucky as her.

i-LKx8H97-M.png

Patrus has no stamina left due to casting the translation spell, so Locky is force to try to save him instead of going witch hunting.

i-tSddLxC-M.png

Patrus uses a charge from his staff to finish the goblin.

i-chMKwL2-M.png

And James finally hits (and kills) one of the witches.

i-9CnRvx2-M.png

Meanwhile Patrus continues to be a punching bag.

i-Xz4mbMC-M.png

The blind witch was due to be no longer blind, so Locky decides that he has time to try to kill her. But - misses again! What is up with our swordmaster?

i-S984FNC-M.png

Seems like James is the witch killer this time as he finishes off a second one.

i-R9vfTPx-M.png

The other witch flees far - so Locky switches targets to the gobiln, seems like he'd doing better against those.

i-Vm73zpC-M.png

Yup, James has got it in this fight.

i-w7BxLnj-M.png

Locky finishes the last goblin.

i-BVjhvQW-M.png

And James - the last witch.

i-vRSXGRJ-M.png

Patrus's facetanking earned him some defensive skills.

i-7PjQ85F-M.png

And Locky got better at hitting harder.

i-JfRdKDd-M.png

Restoratives are always great.

i-PCrcHPb-M.png

And gold is pretty good too, especially after those expensive suits of armor.

i-7h6dH23-M.png

Life is even better when we have 2 in 1.

i-2tdmT8n-M.png

One of the three hags had nothing. And this one had a single vial of defense potion. Maybe that's the reason Locky kept missing them?

i-xXDSBz5-M.png

We go back to Duke Martin and seems like this siege will be a scrap after all.

i-fsNg2bf-M.png

Seems like one ration in each chest might have been enough?

i-CLZRBhw-M.png

Yes! I'm glad, these quests that involve the inventory are annoying. Remember that quest that required us to get 6 suits of kingdom armor in chapter 2? *Shudder*

i-nmLwFLk-M.png

Hmmmm, that minstrel again.

i-4CP5jkt-M.png

Yes, that same story again.

i-ZwMBb7Q-M.png

Then we really might be in for a lot of trouble.

i-dWCgh9m-M.png

Think those field commanders are the feeling the edgiest.

i-jpNn5RN-M.png

Ok, next fetch quest is to find the Minstrel.

i-cm8c2mm-M.png

So Codex:

A) Do we search for minstrel to the West?

i-qSdrgth-M.png

Or:

B) To the South?

i-WX6sZVb-M.png

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
B
I remember Admiral Trask, though iirc he was just a pirate that took Arutha and co on some trip somewhere.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Next session.

We head west and quickly come up on some more moredhel.

i-JLWXH8L-M.png

Would they be as eager if they knew how many moredhel we've killed to get here?

i-P5tLNT6-M.png

The fight starts with Patrus getting nailed for 21 damage from a bolt. That's a lot considering his armor...

i-SPkJf3j-M.png

James engages the dangerous crossbow elf. But is unable to land a hit.

i-wDvN2zs-M.png

Locky does better.

i-zSFmcPd-M.png

As I switch Patrus's skills it turns out he's poisoned. Great... It may only be 11% now, but it'll grow every turn.

i-QTJFcmX-M.png

James continues at being ineffectual.

i-qD37g4W-M.png

Locky gets hit, but not for much despite the obvious fire effect on the goblin's weapon.

i-5GSTt7c-M.png

Locky spreads his damage around.

i-T6b3kHd-M.png

James... get better at this please.

i-d7ztV68-M.png

It's really good that they're attacking Locky instead of Patrus.

i-GbvMdRt-M.png

Locky punishes the goblin.

i-Qm6rhnk-M.png

James shows that fourth time is the charm.

i-vm7W6Dj-M.png

Locky puts down the first enemy.

i-44HZpFt-M.png

James goes back to missing.

i-MKXLMDX-M.png

Locky chases one of the fleeing goblins - but misses.

i-47sWtsr-M.png

And James finally finishes the crossbow wielding dark elf.

i-bsrvz35-M.png

Locky switches back to Patrus's last attacker but gets parried.

i-R4VVp55-M.png

And James makes sure that at least one of the fleeing goblins does not get away.

i-rhmPxh2-M.png

These guys are surprisingly good at dodging our blows, at least they were not as good at landing theirs.

i-dvB8jQv-M.png

But no-one can avoid Locky's blade for long.

i-GNCLH5X-M.png

He flees and dodges the strike from James.

i-mD7RRkh-M.png

But Locky ends him instead.

i-QHfJqhB-M.png

Surprisingly the only one getting better at anything as a result of this fight was James with Defense.

i-gpxmk98-M.png

First body we look at is useless.

i-VHfmhfp-M.png

The second one explains both the poison and why the bolt did so much damage.

i-vVwZdvR-M.png

40 damage, plus like 15 from the poisoned Tsurani bolt I believe.

i-z7sLzcJ-M.png

Looks like there was even more potential for poison in this fight.

i-X4v3bQn-M.png

That oil will be useful.

i-tdgbv6n-M.png

We have to spend like 3 days healing up Patrus from what was 100% poison at that point. After which we moved forward and saw a side path to the north. Seems like some ogres are guarding it.

i-h9JvdKJ-M.png

This is unusual. Normally its the casters that are stumbling...

i-6jzg6Gf-M.png

James can't even hit a hag...

i-sHK2K7v-M.png

Locky lands a solid hit on the Ogre however.

i-ngLrf3q-M.png

And Patrus can finally use his spellcasting skills.

i-JssCKwm-M.png

James lands a hit on the hag with the second attempt.

i-w7C4kTh-M.png

And Locky lands another one on the Ogre. Those guys have a lot of health.

i-hpqb2CF-M.png

James finishes the hag.

i-Pz5C2xn-M.png

And Locky the Ogre.

i-N2HWhKd-M.png

James starts working on one of the ogres.

i-wNH36n7-M.png

But Locky fails to land a hit on the other one.

i-hZwQQ7Z-M.png

And is hit in return.

i-wb7gv38-M.png

James continues with good work, he's a lot more accurate in this fight.

i-wDRrSdT-M.png

Locky lands a hit on his ogre and discovers that he has been poisoned.

i-FLpZxKk-M.png

Given the poison - James tries to help out.

i-3SwC9zm-M.png

And Locky finishes the job.

i-Fw8c6Ls-M.png

James does the same to the final ogre.

i-XcCmCst-M.png

I think I might start selling these, its not like I'm using spells that require accuracy.

i-nT6HwQN-M.png

I wonder what god blesses ogre swords...

i-SCmMNcD-M.png

And that's the bastard that poisoned Locky.

i-JWNj4NZ-M.png

Or maybe this guy...

i-W3xfv3q-M.png

Given Locky's poisoned state and the abundance of poisoned weapons we're seeing in this chapter - we are forced to run back to town and buy bunch of anti-venom.

i-Rc8stpg-M.png

After which we return to where we were and... it seems like there's a cave there? We'll explore it next time.

i-2sQn5sC-M.png

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Time to explore the cave.

But as we approach it we run into a trap.

i-D9zPtCh-M.png

But it turns out to be easy. Simply trigger the fireball.

i-XFw9S6w-M.png

And walk between the newly disabled staves.

i-cgsKd8X-M.png

Hmmm, not sure what's down there. But I suppose a certain cowardly bard might have decided to use it as his hiding spot. Or someone could have tossed his body down there.

i-sK459Dm-M.png

Wow. Seems like its taken way more than a few minutes just to reach the area we can explore!

i-5Bf273f-M.png

The floor looks like carved rock to me... Has pits too.

i-x4r93mF-M.png

Apparently ogres live here. Maybe the ate the bard? I suppose the Baron might be satisfied if we find his lute.

i-X8gRJwG-M.png

Surprise!

i-pJCVTwD-M.png

It's unfortunate we frosted our swords, two ogres should be pretty easy.

i-3R6XFHJ-M.png

One goes down after just 2 hits.

i-pddtsB7-M.png

Unfortunately Locky's skilled blade isn't skilled enough to stop an incoming strike.

i-tVFPTps-M.png

James is doing well in this fight.

i-PtwNsQM-M.png

And so this fight ends.

i-zbGbprz-M.png

Whew, we could have caught poison in this fight.

i-dG9st84-M.png

Fortunately this guy was the one who landed a hit on Locky.

i-brbpF8L-M.png

We keep exploring and find some moredhel and doggies. What are they doing in here? Some sort of secret base?

i-6NkkRr2-M.png

Unfortunately we're not sneaky enough this time.

i-vvkc26x-M.png

Patrus gets hit by a moredhel.

i-sjrCNpG-M.png

James rushes in to help out Patrus who's already on a receiving end of a dark elf/canine gangbang.

i-TBkjqDC-M.png

Locky does the same. Turns out dogs are not armored.

i-VvgrcdS-M.png

While switching skills we find out that Patrus got poisoned for his trouble. Good thing we bought those antidotes.

i-34M5HLF-M.png

Its good thing James is better at hitting in this fight - there are a LOT of enemies.

i-5SHtvMx-M.png

Well... I guess the good news is: if his sword is on fire - it can't be poisoned as well.

i-qgqJnVM-M.png

Locky continues racking up the kills.

i-2GsK9MM-M.png

But a blade slips past his guard too.

i-C256nrS-M.png

So... you've got a flaming sword? Well we've got a frosty rapier!

i-F7S2Q6k-M.png

And a frosty Greatsword!

i-hL9h7Kx-M.png

James gets mauled a bit. The dog has trouble biting through thick steel though.

i-hmWRL8x-M.png

I can't tell what the damage is.

i-dqck2p9-M.png

We actually get some misses here as the moredhel starts trying to parry. But I'm not going to be recording those anymore. So here's the next hit.

i-NpG7Jxq-M.png

And the last blow of the fight.

i-DJrTvvp-M.png

James hit so much in this fight, that he got stronger.

i-HnqD8FZ-M.png

And Locky got better at defending. Patrus meanwhile... got an antidote.

i-z3bCsDf-M.png

Seems like the moredhel took all their weaponry to some temple before going off to war.

i-xSdnGJ2-M.png

Steelfire can only help so much when applied to a mediocre sword.

i-cGPxKLR-M.png

And I don't know what a level 1 blessing does for the basic armor.

i-3dNzcJD-M.png

And here's the damned poisoner.

i-CHDpMDM-M.png

That room had nothing else, so here's a map of where we've been so far.

i-vS9rZLW-M.png

We head north from there and find some ogres guarding a chest.

i-Tjj8Vqd-M.png

And Patrus is back to being the one that stumbles.

i-mRJCvQq-M.png

James charges what looks like an ogre-mage.

i-2MFQGQP-M.png

To which the mage reacts to by running closer to Locky. That's a mistake...

i-bRw75f2-M.png

I don't think I remembered to heal up after these fights, so that hit actually took James into health.

i-kWDXzmg-M.png

Locky continues to shield Patrus from danger.

i-4BRxgnB-M.png

For which he pays by finding out what its like to be on a receiving end of a frost strike.

i-JqjjF2Q-M.png

But Locky's superior skill and equipment wins out in the end.

i-kXZ9ffj-M.png

And James is doing well too.

i-mxnXMc2-M.png

We do some resting while blinding the ogre, but run out of patience and have Locky finish the fight.

i-2wD3KnQ-M.png

James is getting better at this.

i-tkRQsJZ-M.png

What would ogres use the armorer's hammer on? They never seem to have armor.

i-Mvxvgmb-M.png

Gold... Mercenaries for the moredhel?

i-BSHqJdx-M.png

Good thing we were able to buy everyone good armor. Some of these guys have very good swords.

i-fpZGQZD-M.png

The first chest. I couldn't figure it out. Seems like it'd be some kind of a vase.
Letters are:

MAOHLL
JLEKST
EIRLES
KOCIOD

i-zKTkm27-M.png

And the second chest. Letters are:

CEORLIY
THNDUES
ALWQRLT
SATOESE

i-Dfk8X3V-M.png

Answer and loot for that one:

This one seemed strange, I kinda stumbled onto the answer after getting the saw part in place.

i-tvPpzbb-M.png

The other ruby quality was in the 70's.

i-JjgSPz5-M.png

There was one more chest that was just unlocked.

i-GtS789G-M.png

What are these? The do not seem related to the bard. We take them with us just in case.

i-6wXwtZF-M.png

We'll continue exploring the cave next time.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Could as well be some kind of shirt- neck arms and waist

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom