Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Thea 2: The Shattering

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
2ded430a1c8a0a8bb20d10f9ce7e23f2.jpg

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So Guard is our best character without even leveling up...
That's because everyone else worth their salt had died by then.. Except for our craftsmen/inventor in the village, and they aren't strong, but useful.
Hmm do that rat count as child? If it do, what will it "grow up" into?
It has no growing up counter, but I admit a skaven would be awesome!
Also, I consider renaming it into "Grimbrain" or "Nicewulf", to honor his parents. What do you think of that?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Alright. You guys said I should use the second seed to make a powerful ring. Will do that. It'll take some planning and grinding though, as I don't just want a ring, I want the ring.

First though, I need a lot of high tier resources. So I take all the gatherers on the first island and put them in one single group, so they can venture out and gather the stuff I need.
Y2vp9CH.png

It's risky, as they're not strong in combat, so I need to babysit them and watch closely for strong roaming groups and recall them if one appears. It's quite doable, just risky.
Our explorers stumble upon a new random encounter. Graverobbers disturbing dwarven graves. We take offense.
vomPlE8.png

aV9NfLd.png

LPuEyUf.png

DkDF1U8.png

The extra stone is nice. I had hoped for a better reward, but honestly, it was a low-tier challenge.
hello friend gets the chance to follow Grimwulf into the ranks of inventors.
j2D30pm.png

RrW3rC5.png

QuLWi0N.png

Naturally he succeeds. It's funny how the picture changes when the profession does.
Exploring on the main island (new nests and random encounters/ruins have spawned) means more xp to the village inhabitants as well, leading to nice levelups.
bWooUZV.png

I get a repeat of an earlier random encounter, and this time I get a different choice, due to having Storyfag along.
The end result is the same though.
gS2lcBB.png

G3Vtus4.png

uu22pKZ.png

Mnkh45W.png

Bq6MgeM.png

5SWwZCA.png

I like the flavour at the end. They're giving Storyfag dirty looks. He is creepy, remember? :lol:
Also, more xp, more levelups.
pcW3EbN.png

XaQGPCc.png

8i8Unuq.png

I'll rename the rat next time I load up the game. I like "Brainwulf". It takes the end of both his parents' names. :M
More graverobbers, this time robbing human graves.
8eI8NPC.png

oqgojpe.png

5ghnthc.png

Then I get a new random encounter, and take a choice that pisses off my god. Who punishes us by a minor faith drain which we regenerate on the next turn for a small morale hit..
TMs8Di0.png

k4yEYmM.png

jT6M8JY.png

redRMFA.png

Yeah. There was the rep hit too. But hey, that happens..
But levelups! Those also happen.
JLgieMj.png

ETrUyTm.png

More random encounters lead to possibly more research material. Researching critters is good, as it makes for better results on auto-resolve.
I admit I quite like this mechanic, as it makes the later game less of a grind.
4MrLPP9.png

More levels.
JNtErIO.png

j0vmGco.png

I decide to set sail for another Island, this time in the southwest part of the map. It turns out to be an ice island, where gemstones are abundant.
Not what I was looking for, but we spend some time exploring since we're already here.
mcxIIzR.png

I'm working towards the highest tier of materials, materials you cannot gather, but refine using the former materials.
uTx5297.png

The Armoured Stone is just a stepping stone (ha ha) for what I'm trying to make for my ring.

Anyhow, I also stumble upon a random encounter at seas.
itExbG1.png

QBg8yPU.png

pGzBHcf.png

Back to the ice island. We see bands of icedemons roaming, and then get some tidbit of lore on the island and some free resources.
znzF9oL.png

MhL7WGi.png

hDTmjns.png

daHzpzS.png

More levels!
FpGu0cu.png

VcwHpsr.png

Vy93QJJ.png

TYpVgW7.png

More research materials from random encounters.
1nMMBFb.png

And random encounters with storms have different possible choices depending on your stats and your gods domains. I started up a Triglav run while waiting for your voting on whether I should reload or not. One of his domains is Turmoil, and when you're faced with a lightning storm you can choose to stand and bask in the glory. Then you get struck by lightning and take damage. Hilarious! :D
AoPm5zt.png

49fw5og.png

The other islands have some stronger roaming groups. A strength 7 is the hitherto strongest I've seen.
TGbKL7Q.png

G91QuBw.png

zC10zWI.png

6VdcYmJ.png

Well. THEN I stumble upon a weird, multi-location random adventure, involving a grown man crying because he lost his white bunny...
Gotta see this to the end..
AXxjz5I.png

RR8tDPI.png

l785UEh.png

FtLaVwH.png

Of course we need to check out this white rabbit business. On the way, our witch levels up. Her possible choices are unimpressive, so we work on her gathering ability.
VchrvxD.png

The roaming ice demons are flagged as neutral, but I don't have an option to deal with them peacefully, which means each encounter leads to loss of reputation.
G1as4IA.png

Ltakgt2.png

WhIwPiG.png

Wc3VWCo.png

The loss is minor though.
More levelups, back in the village.
kOqQpSu.png

3ZR0Y26.png

We get to the next part of the white rabbit quest. Seems some wolves are having trouble..
nc2Dk5j.png

b6bJMD4.png

2CFju1w.png

OvvwldE.png

7nUoKaV.png

Seems the bunny is part of the Night Demons faction? Interdasting.
Lets wrap it up, yes? First though, levelup.
egc3lpb.png

nIFYUmi.png

Then we speak to Tobiasz.
vrroDl0.png

zEek8Ol.png

There's nothing really special about him, which is sorta dissapointing, EXCEPT that he is also creepy, just like Storyfag.

Back to crafting, this is the material I want to make, for the ring:
eb3EfmH.png

We're not quite ready though, as I also need to work on metals to make it.
So, levelups, and a random encounter.
yvfMf1N.png

oKQOzhq.png

lmqG2zN.png

Content with having seen what's important to us so far on the Ice island, we also collected some terrain artefacts which helps with advancement points.
EfUUru2.png

sIekmWz.png

mPjxJmN.png

Levelups.
KRDb0QK.png

YzjRpY5.png

LEkVK9q.png

1J2CfRJ.png

qPL2ZSv.png

eZcKinm.png

Then we get a repeat of the adventure that got us a Zerca. I choose to repeat it.
Qxf91jk.png

VuLu79E.png

VMXRKLR.png

UlbAzWs.png

bPYR03w.png

In the village, we get another random encounter that can help our characters improve. It seems Grimwulf lifts.
soYDP7d.png

zMTbG9Q.png

We want more metals for the ring, so I explore yet another Island, this time the north east one. Turns out it's volcanic, and it has rare stone-type resources, and dragons?
vULya2a.png

Q8z4UPg.png

vL9ofFw.png

Dlq8Dld.png

We're there with the resources research..
SypFsm7.png

JMxfBCs.png

JMxfBCs.png

MY PRECIOUS!!

Now we just need to actually manufacture the resources. But just look at that!
+12 to all stats, +50 to hps, and +50 to all armour, in all types of challenges! Juicy..

I'll stop this update after an interesting encounter in the lavalands. I happen upon a battle between orcs and elves, and I can either choose to be sneaky, to wait, choose a side or just leave.
Feeling plucky, I decide to side with the orcs.
MUY4mst.png

0K9Fbqm.png

E8OJiL8.png

CLvPohZ.png

rgDNOLK.png

EC9UDej.png

Oh that Zerca.. He's a fiery one, eh?
Took a rep hit to the elven faction, but it's still in the positive. And the orcs are now positive as well!

I hope to finish crafting materials for the ring in the next update. If so, I plan on giving it to our Chosen, so she becomes a veritable beast in combat. We might even be able to break the elves by then and progress the main quest..

Citizen

Holy shit, was it a double reference??? Referencing both monty python AND "Nu Pogodi" in one encounter is :obviously:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's been a while, hasn't it? New year has come and gone, and I've started working again.
Which will impact the flow of updates.
But flow it must, so here we go..
We are in orcish lands, and sure enough, orc-based random ecounters start popping up. Seems I get this one for having positive relations:
5AjkHsZ.png

TTfDx6U.png

1o8yFnE.png

MmNZLRB.png

Heavily tempted to pick the top one, as a nod to Cohen the Barbarian and my favourite author, Sir Terry Pratchett.
I did the obvious though, and picked the Conan quote instead.
RmMC4DN.png

svjoJ72.png

More time passed means more levelups. Brainwulf improves, as does our newest gatherer.
QFw1Dbk.png

On the orc island, we get a physical challenge random adventure, and the orcs approve of our foolhardyness.
06AaaRy.png

clpFdcY.png

9USTKlb.png

baud improves her gathering skills.
oryuMKc.png

And then Crooked Bee gets to choose between staying a hunter, or changing to healer.
Don't have a healer yet, so I am tempted into taking that choice.
bQNAMd3.png

r62L7ei.png

Her level is downsized to 8, meaning she'll probably level faster than most of the exploratory team. Looks promising.
Another random encounter shows, with a choice between different challenges that can lead to some boosts to our team. I'd hoped for more though, maybe a new recruit, and chose to challenge the elf.
0UjiG5k.png

1ZzNzQC.png

kRezi1f.png

Andnjord is not really going to benefit from that increase, but I don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
And already, Crooked Bee is getting a level up. I like the name of that skill :D
MmO7mxg.png

Well, being near orcs and having found one of their villages, I decide to grind their rep a bit.
VZGbqtF.png

Before I can do that though, we get more lore exposition. Seems there's a task for me to do on this island too, related to the cosmic tree and seed?
nhgK8zI.png

EmXab6P.png

whG4Xgg.png

1ZNydJG.png

o1DkWLY.png

I intend to wrap things up on the green island first though. Then we shall see if it is necessary to do stuff back here too.
But first, a rep boosting quest.
ubaiBfH.png

ClsJayS.png

Kp6kLAZ.png

xeiVtPO.png

u545zyc.png

LhNQoCM.png

FGs1FKW.png

That's a nice surprise, it boosted both orcish and dwarven rep. I had expected to have to slaughter all the dwarves.
Back with the gatherers, our crazed rabbit lover levels up.
uBECNGE.png

Deciding that I want to find the island with metal resources, I leave the orcish lands behind, and travel to the eastern island. Turns out it is the shadow lands. Not metallic. Ohwell.
I'll explore a bit all the same.
DcNs7SR.png

6lZUiuq.png

VEyBgXL.png

W6ECxKm.png

This is where we can follow up on the Vohl quest, it triggers randomly but very soon after landing on the island.
Z0xqkxA.png

Also, the neutral mobs roaming the island aren't talkative, but not engaging them is acutally an option. :M
6PYgiyY.png

fK0vkAR.png

miJ6aTV.png

Another levelup, this one of an unclaimed Zerca.
EwyWTP1.png

Back to the Vohl curse quest.
uqjjoud.png

6PDltnt.png

TUP5jLP.png

Some challenges are deceiving a bit. They read as low level, but then you learn that only one of your characters can take part, and it can turn tricky. Storyfag pulls through though.
c1hh1nx.png

Rt05FEt.png

BpE6XFY.png

j92YDNW.png

sAJ7FIy.png

And a new child to drag along! Excellent. This child also starts off with good mystical stats, meaning we can choose to train him as another Vohl.
Also, he mentioned a dragon, right?
ODOGKZn.png

1SNDdWy.png

jNsuMmD.png

CZ1WZ5w.png

It was alone, so we take it down without too much of a fuss. We're now dragonslayers! Yay us! Don't mind the fact that the dragon was already dead. That's besides the point.
It does give us some more xp, and som levelups.
9qgOxL9.png

HyrY9dc.png

In the shadowlands we stumble upon a random adventure dealing with necromancy.
Y4SNqpP.png

qTtlrm4.png

zlNpao1.png

3Bwvhwz.png

XsDRCqn.png

Touch the ash or not?
Of course we touch it!
O2Vnp9Q.png

Then more levelups happen!
b72rTYY.png

ul5ZeUq.png

0liEe4h.png

XyuZjvY.png

Deciding that taking the ship back once I got the resources I'm after is taking too long, I unlock a special ritual. It's going to be pricey in resources, but it can save us some time. I'll take it.
sUN9hRy.png

We've unlocked some more terrain research.
chNLWb4.png

2QvDlyy.png

imIoXXD.png

RLsY8J9.png

Back in the village, our stores are positively overflowing. Mostly with crap resources that I haven't arsed with trading off, but we do present a target. So naturally, we get this random event.
IY8Fp5q.png

thyiZvW.png

B2RByxv.png

The thieves aren't getting off the hook easily.
Meanwhile, our explorers hit the last island. This is the metal lands. Where dwarves reside, and we can find the resources we want to forge the Other Ring..
xMYxtas.png

achUCwf.png

KHDf2ns.png

aqU5lIp.png

Our gatherer group back on the starter island encounter a demon riding a goat..
XHanJKQ.png

6guP0zV.png

83hiHGD.png

brx8egS.png

n9uc9EX.png

We don't let ourselves be bullied that easily. Now if only the demon had wanted a dance or a little tune, we could've worked something out. Instead it had to turn nasty. Ohwell. It gives us xp.
2dyzhPO.png

And then we turn to the bandits who robbed us. I love the parley option, so naturally I choose that one.
ti4YyHS.png

4ujiiWq.png

dqd84sO.png

33KqnFQ.png

It's a good thing Grimwulf is such an attractive fella, isn't it? :D Both he and hello friend pick up some new tricks from the experience somehow.
kJT8Okv.png

dLuOxP4.png

On the metallic island, we find a dwarven village and get more exposition.
cbKAEG3.png

sdXp9GH.png

CftXu3A.png

zWSsiTD.png

u5Kq1yU.png

gIr3XWY.png

bGtVgyt.png

2iw5Qsw.png

O27jD9B.png

4yx0VCI.png

o3yfwvY.png

CW0nUFU.png

tdq7MH2.png

Well. It's on our to-do list then. After we beat an uppity elven mage, right?
But while we're on dwarven lands, let's grind their rep a little.
1gVa4JT.png

gTyu1fC.png

HXtP8Gj.png

3BfrHcu.png

ip5YyNh.png

Some levelups occur.
JqVzJP6.png

6BOAvMj.png

mCfyt5n.png

oyWRJLg.png

6hPEYvr.png

Back in the village, we get an odd random encounter. Winning a challenge assures we get a positive outcome.
ETItUkA.png

62lhFFs.png

dzYgD1Q.png

OS1WSg6.png

zkrcsK8.png

Nice boosts blessings aside. Any random encounter that actually leads to increased stats is a win in my book.
After that encounter, we get one with some tiny tricksters. Playing disinterested pays off.
gmIZaGa.png

gpRXzLB.png

1zXnW7a.png

9gG0LY9.png

lpVpA6t.png

By now, the neutral slavyan bands roaming the countryside counts as "allies". Nice touch.
UnSQpJt.png

We get a three-peat of the encounter that got us two zercas previously. This time I decide to test what happens if you side with the spirit of darkness instead.
jhXhvF6.png

EZsFSX6.png

WpOegnf.png

LzSzXYA.png

tDFdZFx.png

Statboost, some resources, and a hefty increase to shadowkin reputation. Duly noted. Zercas are pretty sweet too though..
New island, means new terrain artefacts and therefore new terrain research.
BL5DBtE.png

Andnjord gets a levelup, and we start to prepare the moon bridge ritual. We've almost got the resources needed..
RVAfBOS.png

dGvDVha.png

Just before the leave the metallic island, we get a random encounter with a large payoff.
The more different foods you've got, the better morale boost by the end of the turn. Better morale means more buffs. I'll screenshot them next update.
U5kZ0mw.png

pMHmn9g.png

YhDfyhB.png

u3VxSpT.png

5mV0kXe.png

Back in the village, it seems we're preparing a feast! There's a marriage going on...
rakttnY.png

D9QQtd1.png

Congratulations Reinhardt ! You've married our unclaimed human warrioress!
c7MylS6.png

And then the moon bridge ritual kicks in. No fancy animations or stuff like that. The group using it is just immediately teleported next to the other nearest group. In this case the village.
J7EemSr.png

Forging can commence!
cKqvPf9.png

Before it completes, I explore a nearby "lightbringers" marked location. Seems I missed this adventure before I went sailing. It's storyexposition.
BBePvU6.png

JK3PXB5.png

jQhy0K8.png

Branching possibilities, and it seems I'm not locked out of any yet?
I'm not in any hurry though. There might be a hidden counter somewhere in the game, but I've yet to see really scary mobs roaming the map. The most difficult encounters have all been static so far, so I'll do some more exploring. Or at least finish forging that ring, and maybe some equipment, before I seek a showdown.
First though, the Vohl curse boy grows up.
He doesn't quite manage becoming a Vohl himself though. Seems he was too damaged. Or just not as lucky as Storyfag (I didn't reload the save this time, as we already have two magicusers, a Vohl and a Witch).
VlUxe5h.png

wK72KoZ.png

Immediately after, I get an event with a witch, which allows me to lift the curse on the newly appointed Gusla.
l9gvZt7.png

aNGhgnv.png

G1wzNzl.png

oZTJxHP.png

And finally....

The ring!
xRETEXg.png

Look at Bees stats after equipping it... Looks a bit like an I-win button. Or at the very least a really powerful buff that'll help us past a whole lot of battles I'll expect.
x6HmozB.png

I'm not settled on whether she keeps the ring though. Storyfag has this sweet skill that allows him to damage anyone who damages him, and with the hefty statboost, the damage dealt will be severe.
Also, our witch has the "Rain of Frogs" spell, which deals high damage and hits EVERYONE on the battlefield, the witch excluded. Which could make for some hilarious battles with her as the only one on our side of the field.

These are things I'll ponder, and quite possibly test, during the next update.

Reinhardt

Arcane
but I've yet to see really scary mobs roaming the map.
Serious decline compared to first game, where every night could be last stand. It was bothering me all this time - no werewolves, no dying children, no 3-4 enemy packs each night.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I had a feeling we would hit another interesting choice very soon, and I was right. This will be the shortest update so far, but it'll include a choice where I want you to get a say, all of you.

We equipped the ring. Time to rein in that elf for justice, right?
Off we go, in our ship again. This time we get an interesting random encounter at seas.
BNqkMo4.png

WaCUXKp.png

z2Eov8r.png

e3akOZV.png

EcRRNAs.png

We're hunting a kraken! That's a step up if you ask me. :smug:
Back in the village, it also seems like the game is finally ramping up the difficulty. Of course, it might just be trolling...
erCuZ7v.png

By far not enough damage to actually kill any of my villagers, but a dragon sounds lovely!
Also, Nicebrain levels up.
fg63Dka.png

Then we get another random encounter. Solving the mental challenge provides us with a nice buff and a permanent skillup.
Wphiwbw.png

0yJuhwF.png

2wnLeml.png

Once we land on the green island, we can follow up on the kraken.
BiZ5UK0.png

Back on the main island, I spot a category 5 (out of 10) random mob. This is the highest I've yet to see on the main island.
LX2lB9n.png

Right. Kraken hunting.
K0cxtln.png

kYzB1nR.png

A rating 10 fight challenge? Welp, we're strong, but not ridiculously so, so I pick the magic option.
m1P49zQ.png

SBzgDUU.png

We get another round of levelups.
ucrzVHJ.png

W7XCS9D.png

And can wrap up the kraken quest, which unlocks a sea demon village.
Ymg0XMg.png

pppvBiP.png

96bloto.png

8w6Aw18.png

o0URRaU.png

OYXLcr8.png

OkI4Gd5.png

They didn't have anything really nice to trade, but that legendary relic looks nice..
Next up is the elven mage behind the shattering. We'll take her and her band on again, this time expecting a different outcome.
GdQN7jO.png

EyCfG60.png

That's much better! The ring certainly helped, I'm sure.
QC3nU9U.png

hB05jNX.png

FblU8Wi.png

And there you have it. Do we go along with her scheme, where we DO NOT turn her in, or do we turn her in to nay-sayer, or whatshername?
One elf feels the guilt, or the entire elven nation?
Pinging Crooked Bee Andnjord Citizen baud Grimwulf hello friend Storyfag MoistCloister Reinhardt and Nicebrain

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I count 7 votes for taking her back to the other elves, none for taking her to the dwarf runesmith. :salute:

I don't know when I'll be able to pick up the game again, as there are meetings and birthdays in the coming week. But hopefully before long.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We agreed that the elven mage be taken in to face her judgement. So that is where we pick this up again.

First off, we take her in by force.
D3aGzBT.png

This leads to a really easy battle, as she's not strong in physical challenges, and this time she's facing us on her own.
uwUotfa.png

gebW5Xk.png

hOd1biQ.png

One hit, and she's down.
Time for her to face the music.
FKhsCWe.png

15Bv2J4.png

GmeEtmF.png

M3YDcEv.png

Damn elves! They want to debate it? Well, we'll debate it with them then! To the word-smiths we turn!
Y8re8pV.png

Y6awee1.png

:smug: They didn't stand a chance.
Also, one of the elves join our expedition. That is nice, if unexpected.
8rOUADq.png

qy1sXbO.png

PcdR5Tf.png

Those skills are strong! The "Ancestor's Voice" is basically an "I win button" for mental and spiritural challenges..
Just look at her stats. That's a level 1 character. They WILL improve. Nasty.
Oh, and speaking of improving, we have some levelups.
dS56gDB.png

uReXkU3.png

lo68slI.png

Back on the starting island, we previously made a second expedition to explore the "Vavel dragon" adventure that popped up.
Dwez7k3.png

UqhIYq5.png

oP3Ip4s.png

YXgzA3K.png

Osckrm2.png

srCLm6E.png

5wVrjaM.png

The man is clearly insane, but there really IS a dragon on the map now..
OsWZ0mP.png

We're not touching that level 10 challenge with our weak main island expedition. Seems we got to gather some woods and herbs for him.
Or not. We got what we need at the village, so we just need to fetch the stuff and return.
1fPUdM3.png

Our primary expedition have left the green island and is heading to the volcanic one, to wrap up the orcish way to handle the final quest.
On the way, we get a random encounter, which yields a reinforcement of our expedition. Haven't seen this outcome before.
4iT9DA0.png

0BOCPyK.png

GOB2sgS.png

08Z8sqJ.png

It's weak, but fast.
On the starter island, we get a random end of turn adventure.
b4Be9eS.png

pCpdJ6k.png

Seems quite innocent, yes? Everything is always what it seems in slavic myth... :troll:
CNHTWos.png

TLKDdwj.png

4yr1Cgf.png

CbbobAe.png

E3G1JTQ.png

cexva9w.png

So we have them settle for a compromise. Between the humans and human-eating spiders.. Nice.
Our Gusla takes some experience from this and levels up.
xkuVEP5.png

On the volcanic island, we clear a random mob, and that alone is enough for our elven compatriot to level up.
nahekPa.png

Back to the Vavel dragon. Let's give the cobbler what he needs and see how things turn out.
8LdSMrC.png

Zvk29pk.png

x36DL5b.png

cU13HGc.png

Poor thing. But what really happened?
EMifJkn.png

:lol: He gave it indigestion and it drank itself to death, really??
Ohwell. Back to the cobbler who expects a woman for a reward. Desperate much?
ISI0PEm.png

agY1ZTJ.png

ManNU4e.png

Seems he'll settle for settling in our village.
IjfQEvZ.png

c0ZJ1PK.png

The dragons hoard had some nice equipment. Everything is incremental increases to our efficiency. Haven't really forged much, aside from the really useful ring.
Back to our primary expedition. Remember the orc matriarch saying something about her son? We seek said son out.
BDoPL1p.png

7JOD9eJ.png

9XZdx5F.png

19bwEYZ.png

44D2PAt.png

oc2x3UA.png

CRJMwVZ.png

FWDXBov.png

Oe1x3JC.png

p6GodUa.png

pn8JJon.png

Basically, he wants to sabotage the world further, so he can gain more power.
I already sided with the elves. This green-skinned pointy ear is going down.
7WSqzhO.png

OGjtWka.png

Battle was easy. Only our elf took wounds. Which I find oddly satisfying.
It also leads to some levelups. I gather that the wind demon can get to be ridiculously fast in challenges..
qJtRnwA.png

We make a moon bridge back to the starter island, link up with the second expedition, and trim down our primary one to seven members. I leave The Guard and the new wind demon with the second expedition.
rEgEckR.png

With that done, we can go face the final encounter...
L9M0t5o.png

roYr6qz.png

uO6iVC1.png

tO2bFsf.png

cFtw5va.png

pab7g5l.png

The goody-two-shoes elves decide to curse themselves, in exchange for saving the world. Pricks. We probably ought to be grateful.
But do remember they brought it on themselves. It was an elf that sabotaged everything in the first place.

Final cave, final adventure.
qqnWd5I.png

I remember in the first Thea battling a huge Zmey. A serpent/dragon thing. Nasty one at that.
And of course, we here see a reprise, with a slight twist.
ZvkoSVO.png

jVmaf2c.png

TpDy5pC.png

CMlISvI.png

We get a massive blessing/boost before doing the actual encounter. All our stats get boosted. Seems the game wants me to succeed?
kt0aiDY.png

We choose the mental challenge. Seems fitting with the god we chose.
LYubzEl.png

CtADrvd.png

ISsfqQ0.png

The Zmey has some nice stats and abilities. That doesn't save it though. We manage with minor injuries.
r64dzcM.png

Faced with our perfect (?) arguments, the Zmey agrees to give up the fight..
uufXCmU.png

Now we see the price the elves paid.
8xn3NYk.png

92mHi8b.png

DFaRFec.png

p6LlajB.png

The Alchemist joins us. And the elves and dwarves approve of our actions.
RMwTgkk.png

MyIVdcn.png

The alchemist is also pretty impressive for a level 1 character. Not elf-level badass, but still. I'm amused he is of the healer class.
kftHQXK.png

But that was it. Really. At least until they release some kind of DLC.
I check the game summary, and get confirmation. Main quest is completed.
Zh7p3hT.png

That's it!
I've only scratched the surface when it comes to "event paths". Barely eight percent. So there's a whole lot more to experience here.

Questions?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Great job :salute:

Questions?

1. Which Thea would you rather replay in a year from now, 1st or the 2nd?

From what I've seen here, it feels like Thea 1 is a bit more difficult and unpredictable. Thea 2 seems to hold your hand a lot more, to the point it tells you the outcome of auto-resolving combat beforehand. Thea 2 also has easily accessible "I win" buttons, like The Ring or that elf companion you got in the last update. Sure, first Thea had its own outrageous OP companions like Wraiths, but they were really hard to get. Basically you had to luck out on RNG.

The game at its heart is more of a roguelike than a proper 4x strategy game. As such, I expect it to be difficult, hardcore even. Sometimes I replay Thea 1 at 300% difficulty to scratch that itch. Still don't own Thea 2, can't be arsed to learn the new combat system. Speaking of which,

2. How long did it take you to master the new combat system?

Citizen

it drank itself to death, really??

Knowing a classic russian joke about drinking the whole lake at once I was expecting a different ending to that quest...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom