Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

grotsnik

Arcane
Esquilax said:
EDIT #2: Totals so far

Storyfag - AB
laclongquan - AB
Sergiu64 - AC
root - BD
Esquilax - BB
Kz3r0 - BD
Zero Credibility - BC
Erebus - AA
Black Bart Charley - A*
ironyuri - BB
SCO - AB
wjw - BB

For the first choice, A and B are in a dead heat right now.

* Black Bart Charley is still undecided on the second choice.

You're a legend, Esqui. Thanks so much.

If the first choice is still drawn by tomorrow morning, I'll flip me a virtual coin. But both actions will have consequences.

Looks like B is in the lead, so I suggest that we start considering just how you want to try and get the information about the Caecilian to whomever you want it to reach. What kind of bomb people want to use and so on can easily be bought; the question of getting the knowledge to your target without raising their suspicion is much trickier. Esquilax made two suggestions - thoughts?

Jamieson's derangement I had down as a sort of theatrical, 'risk-taking anti-social' detachment. He sees the world as if it's a game he's playing, or a movie he happens to be participating in as the star. He can figure out the rules, and what he's supposed to be doing to gain the support of others (hence his ability to charm Fellowes). If he goes along with it, it's because he finds it all very fun and entertaining, and because he likes his playtime to have structure. But, really, even the people he feels affection for are just minor characters to him. If you died, he'd tut in irritation and wander off in search of something else to do.

So if you want to understand when you need to be careful with him, in a nutshell - the riskier the project the more fun he'll have devising ingenious ways to work it, and he likes being given objectives. But the fact that he likes you doesn't mean you can control him, particularly when he's out of sight.

Esquilax

Arcane
grotsnik said:
You're a legend, Esqui. Thanks so much.

No problem, bro.

grotsnik said:
If the first choice is still drawn by tomorrow morning, I'll flip me a virtual coin. But both actions will have consequences.

Looks like B is in the lead, so I suggest that we start considering just how you want to try and get the information about the Caecilian to whomever you want it to reach. What kind of bomb people want to use and so on can easily be bought; the question of getting the knowledge to your target without raising their suspicion is much trickier. Esquilax made two suggestions - thoughts?

Jamieson's derangement I had down as a sort of theatrical, 'risk-taking anti-social' detachment. He sees the world as if it's a game he's playing, or a movie he happens to be participating in as the star. He can figure out the rules, and what he's supposed to be doing to gain the support of others (hence his ability to charm Fellowes). If he goes along with it, it's because he finds it all very fun and entertaining, and because he likes his playtime to have structure. But, really, even the people he feels affection for are just minor characters to him. If you died, he'd tut in irritation and wander off in search of something else to do.

So if you want to understand when you need to be careful with him, in a nutshell - the riskier the project the more fun he'll have devising ingenious ways to work it, and he likes being given objectives. But the fact that he likes you doesn't mean you can control him, particularly when he's out of sight.

Okay, that really put things in perspective. Wow, I have really been putting the cart before the horse here: all this thought about which explosives to use, surveillance, etc. that it almost feels like I've been treating the most important part (hooking the mark in) almost as an afterthought. That's going to change now.

Since I was one of the biggest advocates of this whole idea, it only makes sense that I should defend it. I see three ways which we could play this

1) Anthony leaking info to Wilkinson. I like this idea the least. Firstly, because the info will reach Dubrik, not Angelus, who I assume is who we're intending to kill. And once it gets to Angelus, it'll be third-hand information given to him by someone in his organization who he may or may not trust, if he gets it at all. We don't know what the Sabbat power structure is like, who the fuck knows if Angelus will even believe Dubrik to begin with since we have no idea what their relationship is like. This is the pussy option - it won't get us anything.

2) Jamieson as Karthik doppleganger, hanging out in his hookah cafe. Okay, this is better. Nobody will suspect anything from Karthik being gone, and Jamieson is perfectly suited to this task, for the reasons I mentioned in a previous post. When one of the Sabbat comes by, an Obfuscated Jamieson will pretend to be Karthik and leak the info about the Caecilian. He needs supervision to make sure that he's doing what he's told, so since Eddie isn't doing anything, he can keep an eye on Don.

3) The EXTREME option. I got the idea from the description of option B in chapter 12, where grotsnik mentioned faking a defection.

Every great lie starts off with a kernel of truth to get your mark to drop his guard. With this one, we get Jamieson to call Dubrik to arrange a meeting with the London Sabbat in exchange for info on the Caecilian and info on the guy who instigated the torching of their warehouse, du Marchais. When a pissed off Dubrik asks him how the fuck he got his number, Jamieson willl tell the truth (a little) - that he killed Karthik, and got Dubrik's contact info after Karthik showed him the Caecilian. Since he didn't want Karthik telling anybody else about the creature before staging a defection, Jamieson will say, he killed him. When he meets the London Sabbat and meets Angelus, he'll say the same thing. I am sure he'll be able to sell Angelus on the Caecilian because he "...he has a knack for both endearing himself to those around him and appearing utterly harmless even to the very suspicious." This guy is a bullshit artist of such caliber that he makes our Ventrue look like an amateur.

Jamieson will have a clear objective here: get a meeting with the London Sabbat, and convince Angelus to go to the sewers and acquire the Caecilian.

I think option 3 presents the best way to hook Angelus, by far. It has just the right amount of believability and absurdity that he will drop his guard. Unfortunately, it comes with a big drawback. Since he'll be with the Sabbat the entire time, there is no way that we can keep tabs on what he's up to, so who the fuck knows what crazy shit he'll try to pull.

But fuck it, we'll cross that bridge when we reach it. We've chosen the EXTREME option in B, might as well go all the way, right?

Oh, and I'm certain Don will go along with this. The guy is an adrenalin junkie and will love the idea of pulling the wool over the eyes of a Tzimisce elder.

I'd like some input from the other regular bros here on this idea. Think it's good, think it sucks? This whole thing feels like a VtM version of The Sting.

Vibalist

Arcane
Well, I wont say anything else other than it's very risky, which you already know. I've already given my opinion on this plan and I think it's more trouble than it's worth.
But if you want to go through with it (which it seems most people here are in favor of) then good luck. ;)

Esquilax

Arcane
Vibalist said:
Well, I wont say anything else other than it's very risky, which you already know. I've already given my opinion on this plan and I think it's more trouble than it's worth.
But if you want to go through with it (which it seems most people here are in favor of) then good luck. ;)

Sometimes you gotta be an aggressive bro.

Feel free to say something if you think that there's something wrong with my train of thought. I really like the discussion here when there's a lot of disagreements - it makes things so much more fun. You bringing up how Angelus was a guy who will be extremely difficult to deceive was good because it made me a lot more thoughtful in how I was approaching the situation. No plan is foolproof, and of course it is a risky option that could blow up in our face, but so is any con game. Which is exactly what this is - this isn't so much an assassination as it is a con game where the mark ends up dead at the end. I think that's a more appropriate way of looking at it.

Regardless, I think we have all the elements of a good con. We've got tempting bait, a kernel of truth in our sea of bullshit to get our mark's guard down, an audacious con man on our side to sell the mark. The audaciousness on Jamieson's part here will be critical - being ballsy is actually the safer bet for a con than being subtle or meek. Think about it from Angelus' perspective - this guy has been used to seeing cloak-and-dagger subterfuge of Vampire politics for hundreds of years, so having a random dude like Jamieson ring up his associate and speak plainly and immediately suggest a meeting will pique his interest and catch him off-guard. It is incredibly rare for him to see someone so direct with what they want, so he won't be sure how to handle it.

Vibalist

Arcane
Esquilax said:
Vibalist said:

Sometimes you gotta be an aggressive bro.

Feel free to say something if you think that there's something wrong with my train of thought. I really like the discussion here when there's a lot of disagreements - it makes things so much more fun. You bringing up how Angelus was a guy who will be extremely difficult to deceive was good because it made me a lot more thoughtful in how I was approaching the situation. No plan is foolproof, and of course it is a risky option that could blow up in our face, but so is any con game.

Well, anything you do in The World of Darkness is risky, even if it's just going to the cornerstore for a pack of smokes. But this con game is not just risky, it's almost foolish. Having Eames, Fellowes, Oscar and Jaimeson in on the plan (provided we can get all of these people to go along with it, and that is a big if) makes it less risky, granted, but it's still a risk that a careful, newly sired 13th generation ventrue shouldn't take. We're messing with powers that are best left alone before we earn more power ourselves.

Regardless, I think we have all the elements of a good con. We've got tempting bait, a kernel of truth in our sea of bullshit to get our mark's guard down, an audacious con man on our side to sell the mark.

I don't disagree with you here. This can definitely be pulled off if planned correctly... but it's still a gamble that I don't think is worth making.

The audaciousness on Jamieson's part here will be critical - being ballsy is actually the safer bet for a con than being subtle or meek. Think about it from Angelus' perspective - this guy has been used to seeing cloak-and-dagger subterfuge of Vampire politics for hundreds of years, so having a random dude like Jamieson ring up his associate and speak plainly and immediately suggest a meeting will pique his interest and catch him off-guard.

Don't assume that all Angelos has been subjected to is cloak and dagger subterfuge, just because many kindred prefer operating that way. Once again, being alive for centuries makes you suspicious even to those who don't seem so. It's just part of staying alive. Even if Jaimeson comes across as sincere, Angelos will take his precautions when dealing with him. Especially if he, I don't know, happens to be aware that Jaimeson is affiliated with the Camarilla, or even knows his reputation as someone who is capable of fooling people.

It is incredibly rare for him to see someone so direct with what they want, so he won't be sure how to handle it.

Again, maybe. Maybe not. The only way to find out is to go through with the plan, but I'm still against it.
If nothing else, let us at least get some more info on Angelos before we try to kill him. I mean, we know next to nothing about him currently! Who is he, what are his weaknesses, how old and powerful is he? Do we even want him dead, all things considered? Let's do some digging on the subject we're going to war against. That's the ventrue way, not charging in blindly.

Esquilax

Arcane
Vibalist said:
Well, anything you do in The World of Darkness is risky, even if it's just going to the cornerstore for a pack of smokes. But this con game is not just risky, it's almost foolish. Having Eames, Fellowes, Oscar and Jaimeson in on the plan (provided we can get all of these people to go along with it, and that is a big if) makes it less risky, granted, but it's still a risk that a careful, newly sired 13th generation ventrue shouldn't take. We're messing with powers that are best left alone before we earn more power ourselves.

There is no denying that this is by far the riskiest thing that we have done so far. I think we can get the whole band together - we're fucking Ventrue, if we can't lead, what good are we? Eames will go for it, Schiller is down for ending this idiotic farce of a war even more than we are (and even though she dislikes us, she hates us far less than the other political types), Oscar has cooled down to a point where I'm pretty sure he'd be receptive to some dialogue because he knows we didn't snitch, Jaimeson is interested based on the pure theatricality and EXTREME-ness of the whole plan we've put together. And, at least in my current iteration of the plan, Edgar isn't even part of it because I'm not sure how to fit him in.

Dude, as far as risks we're "supposed" to take, I dunno. We have played things pretty carefully so far, but I think it's time for a bold play to put us on the map, otherwise we're just going to be known as Eames' bitch instead of her equal. We took a risk heading into the sewer in the first place, so we may as well parlay it into something grand.

Sometimes you need to go for the risky play, like that event where we could have saved the woman from the fire. However, the key is to measure and calculate those risks so that you know the potential costs associated.

Vibalist said:
Don't assume that all Angelos has been subjected to is cloak and dagger subterfuge, just because many kindred prefer operating that way. Once again, being alive for centuries makes you suspicious even to those who don't seem so. It's just part of staying alive. Even if Jaimeson comes across as sincere, Angelos will take his precautions when dealing with him. Especially if he, I don't know, happens to be aware that Jaimeson is affiliated with the Camarilla, or even knows his reputation as someone who is capable of fooling people.

Jaimeson is a newcomer to London, he showed up just a couple of nights ago. In any case, the man has a reputation for a reason, he's excellent at what he does. That's why we start off with some selective honesty to get Angelus' guard down. Even with his reputation, the promise of a Caecilian to bring vengeance on the Camarilla after the unprovoked attack at the warehouse is too tempting for a powerful Sabbat Tzimisce to ignore. If Jamieson mentions a Caecilian to a room full of angry Sabbat out for blood, they are going to want to look for it.

Vibalist said:
If nothing else, let us at least get some more info on Angelos before we try to kill him. I mean, we know next to nothing about him currently! Who is he, what are his weaknesses, how old and powerful is he? Do we even want him dead, all things considered? Let's do some digging on the subject we're going to war against. That's the ventrue way, not charging in blindly.

With you on this 100%. Any good con requires that you know your target intimately. How about this: as our first step, we get our ghoul to pull up a file on Angelus so that we have some sort of baseline to start with. Then, as per Storyfag's suggestion, we bring Eames, Schiller and Jaimeson together to share knowledge and discuss potential plans of attack. I'm sure that Schiller will have lots of information about the Sculptor - perhaps he's the one responsible for her facial deformity. Or, for that matter, Bob Griddle's.

Obviously our first step is to inform everybody and get people working together as a cohesive unit on this project.

laclongquan

Arcane
The Extreme option relies too much on Jamieson, an outside factor of Londonium Camarilla scenes. Too much, one would think. Oh, I am relatively certain the man wont betray us, but too much eggs in one basket. The single most central vamp, Jamieson. If he fails all crash down.

I dont like such plan. "Keep It Simple, Stupid, With Plenty of Backup" is my motto. Jamieson is the most central operator and it's hard to add backup and insurance into the plan. Too risky.

As for hooking up Angelos, no. Extreme option has the same chance as others. Jamieson is an unknown operator from US. If nothing else, this foreign factor might well be the decisive that prevent Angelos from biting the bait. For leader of of a paranoiac bunch of murderous thugs, unknown is dangerous. Same with hooking Dubrik. The advantages of having a competent operator like Jamieson will be negated by several other factors.

I still think the plan of leaking through Wilkinson is best. It has double chance of success: Dubrik will be the 1st receiver. If he fail to bite, he can pass the tidbit to Angelos. As the second fish, Angelos have more chance to bite this bait.

The truths of this bait: Sommers has tense relations with Du Marchais and both are preparing for war. Sommers like to fish for infomation among lower class sources. karthik is a known info-trader.

The operator of this hook: Jamieson playing Karthik, with a high chance of success. Even if our preparation for trap there is detected, they can be interpreted as trap for Du Marchais and not for Sabbat. Camarilla presence will be interpreted as low: Sommers, Eddie, karthik-jamieson, with only eddie has combat experience. Du Marchais and company may not be present due to his paranoia. The prize is big: a Tzmisce weapon. A sufficient Sabbat force sent there is enough to kill all Cam.

We only need Jamieson playing Karthik in his store or on his phone a bit. No need for anything more complicated.

EDIT: oh, and we will be the worm squirming on the hook. The three of us will be seen to enter the area early of the night and no one follow. Erika's forces will be hiding outside and sufficient far as to not arouse suspicions. They will come in when we call. I know we like to stay outside and lure them all in then remote detonate the traps but no such luck. Sabbat's leaders are very paranoiac and no way will they enter the tunnels before us.

The traps will be in the form of incendiary and whatever explosive Erika's experts can rig up. Small, mind. We dont want the whole power station blow up when we are still under it.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I don't like the implied reliance on Jamieson being able to impersonate Karthik. What if he doesn't have the 3rd level of Obfuscate? He seems to have invested a lot into Auspex, being able to discern Karthik's illusiory worm from reality. What if whatever Sabbat goes to speak with him has a higher Auspex rating? The Tzimisce are known for their skills in that regard.

I think we should concentrate on Wilkinson as our leak. Who is she, anyway? A vampire in our employ? Of what clan and what do we know about her? Shouldn't she be in our contact list? Anyway we should feed her the info that:
1) We don't like Du Marchais and are preparing a war with him (introduction).
2) We blame Du Marchais for the pointless war against the Sabbat (doesn't hurt to make *more* people his enemies, now does it?)
3) We found a "Tzimisce horror" in the sewers and consider using it against Du Marchais (bait for the trap).
4) We also consider torching the thing before the Sabbat learns of its existance (doesn't hurt to put some time pressure on them, now does it?)

Obviously we should not just simply tell her all of the above! The way we approach it depends on what we know about her, how close an associate she supposedly is, etc. Anyway, we should feed that to her over the course of several days at the very least.

grotsnik

Arcane
Antonia's dossier said:
'Sculptor Angelos'

It's only bits and pieces - sorry. Antonia.

"In 1934, a much-admired Camarilla spy, the ghoul known only as 'Ace', found dead in the sewers beneath the Underground; his limbs splayed out and distorted, the flesh of his arms strained out and kneaded down from his bones - into the shape of twisted, mocking wings. The rumour soon spread that he had been planning to meet with a mid-level contact in the Sabbat. Baron Fesk is said to have described it as 'the work of an artist'."

"1.11.51

Bacchanal disrupted upon White Barrow, Salisbury Plain.

Deaths:

Archbishop Braun of London

The Templar known as 'Winter'

Paladins - Tessa Vrundi, Gristo

57 low-level Sabbat pack members.

21 kine (10 male +18, 6 female +18, 5 -18) killed in the 'festivities'.

16 kine, alive upon completion of the mission, who were beyond help/in terrible suffering: our operatives dispatched them swiftly.

Escaped:

Bishop Dispare

'Angelos'?? (Role unknown, possible bishop. N's records from 1929 note an 'Angelus' as Ductus: however, his place of prominence at the Feast suggests otherwise)

Sabbat pack members and unidentifiables - over 100. Pursuit will continue into the countryside until our retreat is ordered."

1974 - photocopied page from the decoded diaries of the traitor Geoff Blunt, bought from second-hand bookstore in Portobello Road three years after his execution.

"cottage cheese. Met A in agreed location. Preliminary thoughts: hospitable, with a genuine care for the rituals of greeting. The playful sort, sharp-tongued and alert - in spite of his relative youth (seventy or eighty years old, I'd wager, no more), he has been brought up in the old fashion, presumably a result of his ancestry; yet another sign that the Sabbat has it right when it comes to choosing one's leaders upon merit, and not upon age. His creations are strangely alluring, in spite of the raw material used. He sees himself as very much the modern Cainite - scoffing at notions of lurking in a basement, clinging to one's soil-filled coffin. We discussed the issues at hand and the possibilities of an Antediluvian being in London. He agreed to pass on my information to D as a sign of good faith, and we parted on good terms. 'A brother in ambition', he called me, as we parted. The evening had grown so late that I was forced to run in order to"

Attached is also a picture, snapped covertly, of Erika Schiller's board of high-ranking Sabbat members in 1998; a pasteboard question-mark signifies 'Angelos, 'The Sculptor', 'Tommy Twisted' - Bishop/Archbishop? Serving Under Cardinal Dispare? Links to the Inquisition.'

2004 - excerpt from internal Camarilla email, suspected to be from the operative known only as 'G', to Erika Schiller, intercepted by Oscar -

"NW15 - PACK SIX DEAD. REMNANTS OF WORSHIP NAMELY ATTEMPTED DEMON-WORSHIP. SUSPICION OF ACTUAL DEMONIC PRESENCE EXTREMELY LOW. PACK KILLED IN APPARENT INTERNAL SABBAT 'HOUSE-CLEANING' RETRIBUTION. MANNER OF EXECUTION SUGGESTS 'ANGEL'."

And because I forgot to put it in - thanks for pointing that out. said:
Amanda Wilkinson (P)

One of your few Ventrue neonate spies scattered throughout the city, Wilkinson has always struck you as a helpful and energetic operative; she's often passed you information about the goings-on in London (perhaps too effectively, looking back). She approached you hoping for employment in 1996, after her sire - 'Daddy' Ricks, a mover-and-shaker in the City - met an untimely and still unexplained end. Testing her and finding her to be competent - as was your routine - you applied a blood bond to her and sent her west towards Earlsfield to begin making contacts there. Perhaps it has been too long since the bond was made, and you were too focused on your ambition to become Baron to keep her on-side - or perhaps she has somehow been got to by Dubrik.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
grotsnik said:
Antonia's dossier said:
in spite of his relative youth (seventy or eighty years old, I'd wager, no more), he has been brought up in the old fashion, presumably a result of his ancestry; yet another sign that the Sabbat has it right when it comes to choosing one's leaders upon merit, and not upon age.

:love: exactly my kind of Tzimisce. Too bad we'll have to kill him. Ah, politics, politics...

Now, regarding dear Amanda...

WE HAD HER BLOOD BOUND?! This strikes me as somewhat irregular in the modern nights. No matter. I bet she underwent a vaulderie immediately after she hooked up with the Sabbat, thus breaking the bond. One more question, grotBRO, how do our regular interactions with her look like? Can we call her to an audience, and have her "overhear" us discussing the Caecilian with Fellowes? Would that seem regular enough, or would it give her a cause to be suspicious?

Desmodus Rotundus said:
Just a suggestion, wouldn't a napalm bomb be the best option for a trap, both vamps and that abomination are highly susceptible to flame, latter one much more so than to just concussive blast or shrapnel?

Plus, the napalm won't do as much damage to the power station as a concussive blast would. :incline:

laclongquan

Arcane
Military equipments are bound to harder to procure. A fuel air bomb contraption prolly easier to do with the right expert. and easier to explain away :" sewer gas catch fire etc".

EDIT: mind you, that's on Erika's resources. Tremere dont seem to enjoy such things.

grotsnik

Arcane
Wilkinson is your employee - order her as you will. Generally she only has face-to-faces with Fellowes, but wartime changes everything; you could easily ask her to attend you personally 'as extra muscle, just in case the Sabbat attack', keeping her around long enough for her to overhear something.

laclongquan

Arcane
grotsnik, update please~~~~

One thing we need to consider is that the Cathayans is next door neighbour to Sammy's Mayfair barony. The cargo and its content may be of great interest to Sammy. She might know of the cargo but I doubt she know about its content. The data about that blurred ghost could be of great value to trade with her.

grotsnik, update!!! bros are waiting!

Esquilax

Arcane
I am disappoint at the lack of EXTREME here, bros.

Storyfag said:
I don't like the implied reliance on Jamieson being able to impersonate Karthik. What if he doesn't have the 3rd level of Obfuscate? He seems to have invested a lot into Auspex, being able to discern Karthik's illusiory worm from reality. What if whatever Sabbat goes to speak with him has a higher Auspex rating? The Tzimisce are known for their skills in that regard.

If anything, based on Jameison's description, he's more of an Obfuscate specialist than anything because he's all about illusion and subterfuge. And besides, stats are relatively loose in this kind of story, so that logic only applies to a certain extent. If one of the Sabbat decides to talk to Jamieson (posing as Karthik), they'll be a low-level guy in the organization, not somebody with superb powers of Auspex. It's not like the Sculptor is going to walk in - he's going to let one of his grunts talk to Karthik.

Besides, it wouldn't hurt to get some juicy info from the Sabbat in exchange for giving them something we want them to know anyways.

Storyfag said:
I think we should concentrate on Wilkinson as our leak. Who is she, anyway? A vampire in our employ? Of what clan and what do we know about her? Shouldn't she be in our contact list? Anyway we should feed her the info that:
1) We don't like Du Marchais and are preparing a war with him (introduction).
2) We blame Du Marchais for the pointless war against the Sabbat (doesn't hurt to make *more* people his enemies, now does it?)
3) We found a "Tzimisce horror" in the sewers and consider using it against Du Marchais (bait for the trap).
4) We also consider torching the thing before the Sabbat learns of its existance (doesn't hurt to put some time pressure on them, now does it?)

Obviously we should not just simply tell her all of the above! The way we approach it depends on what we know about her, how close an associate she supposedly is, etc. Anyway, we should feed that to her over the course of several days at the very least.

That could be possible. To allay suspicion, just like I mentioned, tell her the truth. Casually mention that you know the Sabbat didn't kill Rannigan and that you think the whole war is a sham, even. Take notes from what Jamieson did to that hunter - he basically admitted he was a vampire so that he could get his enemy's guard down. That way, they will think that we are out to kill one of our own with the Caecilian instead of a Sabbat member. I dunno, I think all three options have some merit.

laclongquan

Arcane
Good idea. Make it so it seem we are using this war as a cover to assassinate Du Marchais and blame it on Sabbat. They will think we are just typical Ventrue scumbag itching to backstab one another and not a smart tactician out to get them. Great way to allay suspicion.

grotsnik

Arcane
Certainly can do, tho' I was hoping for a bit more decisiveness on the nature of this trap, otherwise the update's not going to move very far story-wise; it'll just be a 'council of war' deal with all decisions about the trap coming at the end. I don't mind doing that at all, but it might be a bit filler-y.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
But grotBRO, we can't plan the trap before we know what our intended partners (Regentia Eames and Sheriff Schiller) are willing to contribute. To that end we must Discuss! the Tzimisce with the former and the Sabbat presence in London with the latter.

Esquilax

Arcane
Storyfag said:
But grotBRO, we can't plan the trap before we know what our intended partners (Regentia Eames and Sheriff Schiller) are willing to contribute. To that end we must Discuss! the Tzimisce with the former and the Sabbat presence in London with the latter.

Shit, now I really regret killing Karthik. If there's anything that can get people involved in a good Discuss!, it's an inane Pakistani. We could have really used him to mediate this whole war council. If the people in the Council were to object to the presence of a Ravnos who provides info to the Sabbat, Karthik could just say "What's wrong, Camarilla?"

Esquilax

Arcane
Storyfag said:
I'm not getting that joke...

Truth be told, wasn't that funny to begin with. When Andhaira would troll people or try to get under someone's skin, he'd always start off with "What's wrong, X?" with the X being whoever he was trying to annoy.

grotsnik

Arcane
At the right time, at the right place, it had a certain charm. Either that or I just have an awful sense of humour.

Anyway, you've convinced me. Will start writing it up properly once I get home.

laclongquan

Arcane
The action is decisively planning a trap. Which mean we need Erika anyway. And we must involve Sammy. So that is two places we have to go the next night. 1st phone call to Jamieson to thank and enlist his help. 2nd phone call to Whitehall to keep Humphrey update. 3rd to Oscar, if we can, to enlist his help. After meeting we will have to do pleminary ground work under the tunnel anyway. It's a full night.

And the way we trek from Mayfair to Erika's place, to the power station, there might be enough travelling for an event/interrupt.

No way in nine hells can we catch them tomorrow night. night after that, though.

EDIT: and in this council of war we could trade a bit of info. We have to inform Erika of the Cathayans anyway, so it make sense to tell that to Sammy also. Sammy might trade another tidbit back. Erika might do a bit of flashback about the baron got killed by the worms and provide background info on other barons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom