Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's purge the Xeno in Xenonauts (Ultimate doom expansion set for terra)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I imagine most new recruits are like Donald:

TfpHHHz.gif

eHSAx57.gif

spekkio

Arcane

AliensBadassGun.gif

Meanwhile, in a Popamole realm...

I was slowly getting bored with small ufos, but finally, November has come!

nPxIeox.jpg

:yeah:

Using a foxtrot-only squadron wasn’t a good idea:

ZEGzKvg.jpg

But, whatever!

gOnJ356.jpg

Some new dolls to play with. Can’t wait!

ahytoRs.jpg

One turn later:

xvhAOdh.jpg

:what:

Sebillians having low accuracy? Nigga please...

Good news: the fix Ulm mentioned seems to be working:

mR8F3QD.jpg

1UVdFwF.jpg

Some “fuck, these are doors?!” moments later:

MyUMWNF.jpg

j09Gjko.jpg

:kfc:

BROS, how do I capture officers? Are they distinguishable from regular enemies on map (or appear as “Ceasan officer corpse” in debriefing) or do I have to gas everything inside an ufo? I don’t remember this part from the LP...

*Edit: quest compassed

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
spekkio

I've been spoiler-tagging every update on every page so people won't have to deal with a bunch of images loading while trying to read posts halfway down the thread. If you're going to insist on spamming my thread with your popamole hex-edited cheat screenshots, at least have the courtesy to do the same. Better yet, how about you make your own let's play instead of spamming this one?

:rpgcodex:

As to the officers you want to capture, pay attention to the update I posted a couple of days ago with enemy identification. Officers have helmets. You can find them in terror sites (sometimes), bases (always), in some large UFOs and most massive UFOs.

The helmet gives them a ~75% resistance to gas attacks. You need stunrods or EMP grenades to take them out. We have an alien officer in custody from the lizardman base raid (he was in the HQ room, took 5 EMP grenades to stun), but he will keep until we have MAG weapons.

Last edited:

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Actually, I was serving as a Riflebro in the base assault when an alien decided to pop my body full of sweet plasma. But I will take up the mantle of the Shieldmaiden with pride because, seriously, if you're not dying then you're playing it wrong.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
MINI UPDATE

The pinnacle of Terran Engineering. We aren't going to get much better weapons than this. RAILGUNS for everyone! :yeah:
1KDHXgU.png

It's a familiar sight. Even with our weapons being upgraded, our planes—especially the foxtrots—simply aren't up to the task of dealing with the alien scum. There is a proposed super interceptor research that looks more tantalizing by the hour.
fewx83s.jpg

We manage to shoot down some of the UFOs, but for the most part, we can't keep up with their sheer numbers.
DI5yjD3.jpg

And to make matters worse, we've found yet another alien blight upon holy Terra.
A9fACyI.jpg

The first railgun comes off the line. It is used as a bribe to have the FM14 Let's Play updated and raise morale.
Being the "best" weapons in the game, MAG takes ages to fabricate. It takes 4 days for 30 engineers to build a single rifle.
0JBdiuy.jpg

A regular scout is downed near Sevastopol and the rifle is taken for a spin. It seems to work 'k, although the enemies were Caesarans. Laser would've shredded them too. Nonetheless, Comte celebrates his 10th kill and Scrooge her 20th kill and a well-earned Order of Terra :salute:
Nevill makes captain after having *cough* risen from the dead in the previous update where I totally didn't mix up names.
And some of the new blood gets some stat points too. That's nice. They'll need every edge they can get come basetime.
Mw8WDYV.png

MAG tech is finished. We don't have MAG Missiles. There's another tier of aircraft missiles and explosives, but we need to clear one of the larger UFOs on foot to get it. That'll be on our to-do list.
GvGeqvn.png

JgR6EQd.png

HAPPY FUN VOTE TIME

Ok, several fun things to ponder this time.

What do we research next? Available options are:
1) Interrogate Alien Officer
2) Alien Hyperwave Decoder
3) Harridan analysis
4) X-59 Marauder Super Aircraft (Flies like a corsair, but has heavy weapon mounts as well. Prerequisite for überdropship tech)
5) Predator Assault Armor (Spehss Mehreen Power Armor)

When do we attack the alien base? I checked and it'a a Large base. Opposition is going to be VERY stiff.
A) NOW! WAAAAAGH!
B) Wait until you finish a few more MAG weapons. Try to do a large/massive UFO. You owe us one of those, faggot!
C) Eh, fuck south africa. Wait until you have MAG weapons for EVERYONE and possibly a few suits of power armour

How will we attack the Alien base?
Allegory) Footsoldiers and tank, set up a time and place to stream it, post video update
Bungee) Only footsoldiers, set up a time and place to stream it, post video update
Cucumber) Only footsoldiers, make a screenshot update like the last time you cleared an alien base.
Dongs) Ground Forces and Tank, screenshot and text update

An eventual stream would cause a short hiatus in the thread, since I'd need to reserve a whole evening to clear out the large base. A screenshot update would be much more managable for me, since I could split the playtime into smaller sessions.

Last edited:

Ashery

Prophet
4B-Allegory and go for the final dropship after getting the Marauder. I'm tempted to suggest getting the Valk before doing the assault (Another four bodies), but between the research and manufacturing the dropship itself, it'll be a while. That said, the time leading to the research can be spent manufacturing Mag weapons.

And the Marauder is more of an upgraded Foxtrot than akin to the Corsair as it has two heavy hardpoints along with a cannon.

The power armor is more of a novelty than a necessity. You're restricted to machine gun class weapons and the TU cost for them is dropped to around 60% instead of the usual 80% or so, but the actual increase in armor is a bit underwhelming and I'm pretty sure you can't crouch in it. It's also good for mules as you effectively have no weight limit when using it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Tallying votes...

Code:
4 B Allegory
1 B Dongs
4 B Dongs
4 A Allegory
4 C Dongs
4 A
5 B
4 B
4 B Dongs
5 B Dongs
4 C Dongs
-----
4 B Dongs!

herewego.gif

Sunnmøring

Novice
Interesting vote scheme... I don't know a thing about this game, but could I volunteer for the effort against the aliens all the same?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Update is still under way. It'll be done sometime after dinner. In the meantime, I've Augmented the first post in the thread with pictures of the living so you can fap to your medals and kill counts. A shame I didn't think of this sooner. I don't have images for the deceased. :(

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Haha you got my age right and kinda close with the nationality too!

Also, I has a medal! Time to die.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Updatan time

The hive mind has spoken. Let's down a large or massive UFO.
It seem slike Sevastopol is the only base with interceptors that won't fall apart in a slight breeze, so they get nominated to the task.
5piGLMs.jpg

Also, Spekkio and Cheetah are kicked off the dropship to make room for hoax.
SGNhKhS.jpg

I'm tempted to rename the Steve Irwin to the Can or Sardines. I hope you guys don't mind cetting cozy with each other during the flight.
OYAAZQ7.jpg

It turns out we won't even have to shoot an ufo down. The aliens were kind enough to land one right at our doorstep. :smug:
sXMw0pg.jpg

Aliens are slaughtering the civvies wholesale as we arrive.
ibUk3FW.png

and shortly after, we make first contact. Reptiles. Warrior case, judging from the armor. Time to see what our new weapons can do.
sOIsUyJ.jpg

Cap'n Awesome tries to give it a burst of scatter laser. The alien does not appear to have taken damage, but its armor is gone. Comte follows up with 2 plasma shots that make it squeal.
w6766cq.jpg

And keeping with her MO, Scrooge the Railgun Fairy™ steals the kill. :codexisfor:
bIsJBtB.jpg

Squads advance forward and down the left side. Zdzisiu spots backups for the lizardmole we just popped. Hellraiser has enough TUs to hose it with its plasmacaster. but the haybales are providing it with sticky cover.
sC7mVMT.jpg

STICKY COVER!? Hoaxmetal will have none of it. NONE CAN STAND BEFORE THE EMPERORS FURY!
t5Ojki5.jpg

With the offending cover removed, Hellraiser light sup the scalefags. :incline:
fUaSvME.jpg

More reinforcements arrive, but they are all channeled down a narrow corridor. Between heavy weapons fire from Hellraiser and Captianawesome, sniper fire from Scrooge and Comte—not to mention the giant plasma cannon Hoax is sporting—it's slaughter.
8pyaDb5.jpg

4 shots, 4 hits, 3 kills. The railgun fairy is enjoying her new toys.
okRrvx2.jpg

The aliens try to find cover from the massed fire. But cover is such a temporary thing when you bring an angry dreadnought along. :smug:
WDqujJU.jpg

Zdzisiu feels his buttcheeks clench as a lizard fires a plasma cannon at him.
7Nmw7kW.jpg

But he is a lucky bastard. The blast detonates on the hay bale in front of him. The hay bale is vaporized along with well over half of his assault shield. But Zdzisiu himself is unscathed save for brown stains on his pants.
Y5BkAVw.jpg

Bam! 4 for 5! Only assurances that everyone* will have railguns soon keep Scrooge's envious subordinates from mutiny and stealing her precious.
Q1bjV6W.jpg

Not to be outdone by a wimminz, captain Kipeci claims his second lizard kill in the mission with a plasma bolt.
73d2hof.jpg

Everything appears to be quieting down, so we advance towards...
1M40nJG.jpg

....towards... ...towards...
TTtllSn.jpg

resized_grandma-finds-the-internet-meme-generator-holy-look-at-the-size-of-that-thing-23d5bf.jpg

Some lizards think they're clever and try to sneak out the back door. Unfortunately for them, hellraiser has full TUs reserved. A plasmacaster at point blank annihilates both of them.
gp5M54l.jpg

There aren't too many guards inside the cargo hold. Hoaxmetal softens them up.
Uj2v5IE.jpg

Also, the door bugs at this point. It's open, even though it doesn't look that way.
bixudPD.jpg

Hoaxmetal settles down to guard the exit while we leapfrog from cover to cover through the ufo. A giant spinning thingie is encountered. People are ordered to watch their lanes of fire. The eggheads will want a look at this.
zCabLJQ.jpg

The first defenders arrive, but are cut down by massed reaction fire.
1JvZAqd.jpg

The rear of the ufo contians a pair of teleportation pads. Wary of an ambush, Zdzisiu is volunteered to scout the next deck.
C1y8FHb.jpg

It appears curiously empty.
aVcEs8T.jpg

A wave of riflemen is moved up and into firing positions. Just in time as more lizards burst out of the doors and take hot plasma to the face.
3CWo1mP.jpg

Awesome steps off the pad, screaming and firing like a madman.
6ouxnrT.jpg

The room beyond seems to store a large generator array. The eggheads will be VERY keen to study this.
9kWrvYQ.jpg

The teleporters at the fore of the second deck are linked to the aft of the third. The command cadre of the lizards is barricaded in the bridge. Everyone is moved up in preparation for breach and entry.
8ZWVchu.jpg

The harridan officer manages to tag kipeci with a plasma shot. He begins to bleed profusely.
cFTzf8U.jpg

The room is saturated with EMP grenades while Kipeci bandages himself up. reaction fire from the aliens break the hologram spinning on the bridge. Shit. I hope that was not worth money.
CrrAFz1.jpg

The harridan officer is eventually knocked unconscious.
RCRNOpy.jpg

Seeing our opening, the shieldmaidens advance into the bridge. Between massed suppressive fire, the lizards can barely get snap shots off with the pitiful TUs remaining on their turns.
19UZeuf.jpg

The_Scorpion executes the lizard comander in strict defiance of Scrooges order to oil himself up and wrestle it into submission.
AvlPnq7.jpg

CIS Sis activates murderswede mode and shotguns the lizard bodyguard. Hellraiser suppresses the last noncombatant with plasma caster fire.
7BOpyTu.jpg

Then Scrooge gives it two railgun shots in the chest, but it remains breathing. Damn, that's one tough motherfucker.
VgJNPsU.jpg

TREASON! :x
Turing the aliens turn, the last defender shoots and grazes Comte. In response, Kipeci coold-bloodedly raises his gun and shoots Commander Comte in the back of the head! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?
HaYtvZx.jpg

Seriously... We were so close to having a perfect mission. :negative:
You're lucky we're fighting a war for survival Kipeci, or you'd be court martialled for this.
bWLGyad.png

I decide to delay the hive minds decision to research a new fighter jet to study the fusion reactor. The voices in my head tell me it will give us access to bigger 'splosions.
ZpOGFzS.jpg

jVJCebR.png

Aaaaaaand a terror site and a landed massive UFO right next to us. Plus an alien base. Never a dull moment for our xenonauts. :roll:
VyDhpnt.jpg

Soldier stats of the living have been updated on page 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom