Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $5,000 for Dead State.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Newer Winter Night 2.

Sounds intriguing. What's it about?

I can see you have not given any thing all i can say is. SHUT THE HELL UP AND GO BACK TO THE WATCH!!

Sorry, man, I realize I'm a niggerslave compared to someone who donated to the Codex so he can brag and feel superior about it. :'(

EG

Nullified
Knights-of-the-Chalice_5.jpg

I believe you if you say it looks like that to you, but I simply can't see it because one of the first games that I played seriously was Ultima 7, which basically looks just like it. So to me it looks normal (even if it may be off to normal people).

I probably wouldn't have cared when I was younger . . . Now I find these perspectives, like excessive motion blur / depth of field, nauseating.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's annoying in screenshots but I had zero issues with KotC's perspective while actually playing.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
We were probably abused as children (read: grew up on Ultima 7)

Maybe... But I would argue that not getting to play Ultima 7 as a child is what would constitute abuse.

Yeah, I remember playing nothing but ultima 7 for months. It's my first sandbox game and I was determined to amass a lot of gold and have all my followers decked in magic armor, also placing all chests and barrels full of collected gold, with a ton of sweet meat and bacon on top of my magic carpet that lands occasionally on the Britain's farmer market for a weekly restock.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
15$ contributed for the glory of the Codex.

Even though I'm still not really sure what to think of Dead State, I'm stoked. Maybe that is the propaganda of incline working it's magic on me.
We'll see. It shall not be said that grouchy old lurker me was part of the problem, when there was the chance to be part of the solution.

I hope one day we'll assemble for a true Bard's Tale successor.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
At $1042.42. Starting to look a little more respectable now.

Updated the donor list. Donors are listed in order of when donation was received. If you're not there and should be, contact me.

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Well 20 bucks for the cause, hopefully we can manage a surge near the deadline to get a nice reward.

almondblight

Arcane
It's annoying in screenshots but I had zero issues with KotC's perspective while actually playing.

This. I was hesitant to try KoTC because of the screenshots, and the fact that the game only had three classes. When I actually played the game, though, I felt like the graphics fit well and the gameplay was great. It's a shame though, I think a lot of people looked at the screenshots and never gave it a chance.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This ends in 9 days, so whatever cash we have a day or two before will have to be it so I can make the payment.

In other words: Drive ends next week, in about 7 days from now.

RK47

Patron
$210k - New Areas (Military Base, Regional Airport, County Fair, Mall) o_O I hope they hit this. Will donate next week, DU.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
dropped a crisp $15 on this. on a side note, thanks for organising these fundraisers, id rather pay with paypal than have to bother with amazon payments and setting up an account and all that shit

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
thanks for organising these fundraisers, id rather pay with paypal than have to bother with amazon payments and setting up an account and all that shit
yeah, but donating to the codexian fundraiser isn't guaranteed to get you a game, unlike kickstarter, which is why i'm hoping they'll add a paypal option later, like w2 and srr.

speaking of which, DarkUnderlord are there any arrangements in regards to copies we get and their distribution?

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Same goes for me too, I will donate when a paypal account opens, however I don't think the will since they already mentions on their KS how to obtain a credit card easily..Will think about donating to teh kodex (also depends on the answer on SuicideBunny).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Of course, if you havfe more than 15 contributors, someone won't get a copy even though they donated. May I suggest this method of determining who gets a copy:
thunderdome.jpg

Radisshu

Prophet
Once I've bought Reason 6 with money from my PayPal account I'll donate what's left of it.

RK47

Patron
Of course, if you havfe more than 15 contributors, someone won't get a copy even though they donated. May I suggest this method of determining who gets a copy:
thunderdome.jpg

No it's simple. To drive donations higher, the biggest 15 :takemyjewgold: gets a copy.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Not nearly as entertaining to watch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom