Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Released on Steam

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
To put this series into perspective.

Final Fantasy 1 -> 9 = Gothic 1 & 2.
Final Fantasy 10 = Risen
Final Fantasy 12 = Gothic 3
Final Fantasy XIII (anything with Lightning) = Gothic 4.

It is a series that has slowly been killing itself since 2000-2001.

A user named cat

Final Fantasy 10 = Risen

Final Fantasy VIII = Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Story : Final Fantasy 9
Atmosphere : Final Fantasy 9
World : Final Fantasy 9
Gameplay : Final Fantasy 9/10
Combat : Final Fantasy 10
Villain : Final Fantasy 6

Final Fantasy 9 was the best Final Fantasy.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Stunning artistic direction depicts a doomed world filled with choice and diversity. Living, expansive environments featuring a rising and setting sun provide unique experiences for every player.

zmmvqd4tnhnp23kcnqut.jpg

The gif is even better.
uCTfew2.gif

Holy shit that is one cute dog jesus christ I gotta buy this game now!

Archibald

Arcane

Final Fantasy 10 = Risen

Can't really do that. 8 and 7 are noticeably worse than 9 and 6. I would put them below 10/12 too. Couple of the older ones aren't really anything special either.

Zeriel

Arcane
5QySLVT.png

Just noticed that thing in the minimum requirements, and this IMO deserves to be made a warning in the news post:
*Steam Cloud needs to be active in order to start this game.

Steam cloud can only be active when you're connected to the internet, so it translation, you need to be connected to the internet at all times to even run the game.
Plus you're forced into using the steam cloud feature irrespective of your needs.

What addle brained twat thought that was a good idea?

Meanwhile the pirated version will launch just fine whenever you want.

This is why "always on" internet connectivity DRM for singleplayer games is so dumb unless you are literally hosting every piece of data the game uses on your servers (ala Diablo 3). Otherwise pissed off players will just pirate it when their legit copy doesn't work offline.

60 FPS is nice and all, but where the hell's my Aerith costume??

Right here:

The "FFVII Aerith" schemata is not included in this pack. Furthermore, there are no plans to make this schemata available in future.

I feel vaguely proud of myself that I have no idea who or what Aerith is.

It's just Aeris, spoken with a lisp.

lightning-returns-outfits-640x409.png

For the record, the Yuna costume (blue skirt) was an Amaxon preorder and probably isn't available either.
:keepmymoney:

Last edited:

Septaryeth

Augur
what three more days? i just started playing. does any1 know what is it a reference to? that suit also gives her some weird dialogue, 'i am the divine beast', shit like that that sounds very much like an ff final boss

-50%?

The wiki lists that as "Divine Wear". Don't think it's a reference to anyone. There's Cosmos from the Dissidia spin-offs but she doesn't look or act like that. Maybe it's an alternative translation for the Sacred Beasts from X and X-2, though the collar thing reminds me of Ultimecia.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/...urns:_Final_Fantasy_XIII_downloadable_content

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FFXIII - Divine Wear

A schema of godly power for LR: FFXIII. Includes Cosmocrator, Crocea Mors, Abyss Gate, and Deathless Mask, with the exclusive ability Cosmic Arts.

I've read it gives you high attack but shit defense forcing you to master perfect guard, so at least it's not a total cheat. You get goo panties, too.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom