Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
(only played half but loved it anyway.) IWD>BG=BG2 (only played 3 chapters of 2, so not a fair score)

haven't played the rest

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Lilura Hey faggottess why haven't you recorded your highest difficulty ironman run of JA2/JA2 1.13? I would genuinely watch it.

Because:

1. I'm not a YouTuber. I've got a channel, but it's only for quick demo vids that support my write-ups.
2. I prefer written Let's Plays over vid-based ones.
3. I'd rather have millions of blog views than millions of YouTube ones.
4. 1.13 isn't good enough + popular enough for me to write commentary on. It'd be a waste of time and effort.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
IWD>BG1>IWD2>BG2>>>>>>>>>>>PST

Surprised you came close to getting this right. Keep trying. One day, your palate might be half as cultivated as mine.

OanP1BG.jpg

1awc7n.jpg

Dream on.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Lilura Hey faggottess why haven't you recorded your highest difficulty ironman run of JA2/JA2 1.13? I would genuinely watch it.

Because:

1. I'm not a YouTuber. I've got a channel, but it's only for quick demo vids that support my write-ups.
2. I prefer written Let's Plays over vid-based ones.
3. I'd rather have millions of blog views than millions of YouTube ones.
4. 1.13 isn't good enough + popular enough for me to write commentary on. It'd be a waste of time and effort.

1. Consider it a challenge
2. You could comment your rationale and decisions during the video
3. You won't get million of views from JA2 whether its article or video
4. I've said that it can be either JA2 or JA2 1.13. Doesn't matter. What matters is ironman, finishing the campaign without game over and death of all mercs and no funds for hiring.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

I was talking about my written commentary as a whole. And amassing 1 million JA2-related views in the next few years is not out of the question since I've got a degree of Google authority as it pertains to the game, as is.

4. I've said that it can be either JA2 or JA2 1.13. Doesn't matter. What matters is ironman, finishing the campaign without game over and death of all mercs and no funds for hiring.

I'm not interested in even doing a written Let's Play, as I've already attained a degree of JA2 authority that I'm satisfied with. Indeed, I'm not interested in Let's Plays at all anymore. All I'm interested in, is extending my authority over more games.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

I was talking about my written commentary as a whole. And amassing 1 million JA2-related views in the next few years is not out of the question since I've got a degree of Google authority as it pertains to the game, as is.

I'm not interested in even doing a written Let's Play, as I've already attained a degree of JA2 authority that I'm satisfied with. Indeed, I'm not interested in Let's Plays at all anymore. All I'm interested in, is extending my authority over more games.

Ok, can you point me to a guide how to survive being outgunned by 3 vs 1 on highest difficulty, while enemies rain down pistol fire from insane distance. This is the early game dumbfuckery that's annoying. Surprisingly vanilla JA2 can be cheesed by hiding in buildings, but that's not how the game should be played. And then comes 1.13 with SevenFM AI improvements and you get butt blasted in such scenario. There's a guy called Mozayka on youtube and he can pull insane fights, but still nowhere near Insane Ironman.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Yeah, and he's got fewer than 200 subscribers and most of his vids've got <100 views.

Something to do with: hardcore niche game + modded + custom settings.

I'm not an expert JA2 player. I just know 1.12 well, and wrote about it until I got bored of doing so.

KK1001

Arbiter
I think there's a tendency by the Codex and other self-proclaimed monocled types to look at elements BG2 helped push/innovate/innovate (voice acting, cutscenes, muh cinematic experience, romances) and blame the game for later failures of the genre.

The seeds of Bioware's destruction might have been sewn but that's hardly BG2's fault.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Baldur's Gate is the greatest D&D-based RPG of all-time, and the 4th greatest RPG of all-time. If we include Swordflight, BG drops to 2nd and 5th respectively.

BG2 removed True Grandmastery. No AD&D 2nd Edition game that removes TGM can be respected as it pertains to ruleset employment. Even the lowly PS:T employed TGM.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Baldur's Gate is the greatest D&D-based RPG of all-time, and the 4th greatest RPG of all-time. If we include Swordflight, BG drops to 2nd and 5th respectively.

Wow, NwN mod swordflight greatest D&D based cRPG...
And BG second...

Due to the lack of good D&D cRPG with polished UI, i give you BG in the top 10.
But Swordflight first.
Wow, just wow, your retardation never cease to amaze me.

And i just played P1 and 2 recently.
Thinking about it, Diablo started the decline, BG happened, the retards like Sawyer started to thrive and then your blog happened, there's a logic to all of this.

vazha

Arcane
Waaah! Waaah! check out my Authoritative Blog(tm)(r)(c)

thoth.png
Beware, sirrah, for Madamme Retardette is on her sacred shit-rating spree - she has dug up my posts dating as far as 2018 and has religiously rated them all shit :D

Seriously, I refreshed the Codex and lo and behold, 19 new notifications! Overjoyed I was, for I thought - Surely, long overdue fame and adulation have finally arrived at my door. Instead, its just frigging Lilura shit-rating posts, goddamit :D

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Waaah! Waaah! check out my Authoritative Blog(tm)(r)(c)

thoth.png
Beware, sirrah, for Madamme Retardette is on her sacred shit-rating spree - she has dug up my posts dating as far as 2018 and has religiously rated them all shit :D

Seriously, I refreshed the Codex and lo and behold, 19 new notifications! Overjoyed I was, for I thought - Here, long overdue fame and adulation have finally arrived at my door. Instead, its frigging Lilura shit-rating posts, goddamit :D

"her", "she" :lol:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Mass shitrating of random posts is the worst case of butthurt

A case could be made that such levels of buthurt indeed do indicate we're dealing with a female. Yet this is easily disproved by the specimen known as Liberal, who can be equally bitchy but is beyond all doubt male (if only because it makes his infatuation with certain Spaniards funnier). Therefore bitchiness as evidence of feminity must be discounted - perhaps it is only indicative of certain feminine qualities.

Sykar

Arcane
Mass shitrating of random posts is the worst case of butthurt

A case could be made that such levels of buthurt indeed do indicate we're dealing with a female. Yet this is easily disproved by the specimen known as Liberal, who can be equally bitchy but is beyond all doubt male (if only because it makes his infatuation with certain Spaniards funnier). Therefore bitchiness as evidence of feminity must be discounted - perhaps it is only indicative of certain feminine qualities.

giphy.gif

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Beware, sirrah, for Madamme Retardette is on her sacred shit-rating spree

Umm, it's what you and Sykar have been doing to my posts every day for weeks...

Pretty amusing you get so upset. Doesn't take much, does it?

What kind of weakling dishes it out but can't take a bit back?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom