Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Next up, GOAT platformers of the 90ies
Fixed for Lilurian accuracy.

Controversial-but-expected take. :lol:

A bit surprised that she doesn't mention how the game turns into total garbage even before Xen with the platforming section right before it.
DraQ pointed out long ago that Xen has nothing on Residue Processing, and when I replayed the game a few years ago I could confirm he's 100% correct.

On thinking it over I find the statements not too surprising. The Quale2>HL1 is pure stirring the pot, attempting to be relevant by picking whatever is accepted and taking an opposite view to be contrarian. Shitting on Xen as the turning point is the immortal meme, what everyone remembers and repeats because we don't care to remember specifically when the game actually goes all-out stupid. Paradoxically, both attitudes are completely in-character for her.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
"Leave Lilura alone!"

I imagined this to be spoken with the dramatic inflection of Chris "Who?" Crocker. Amazing that Lilura hasn't posted in this forum for years and she still obsesses y'all. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
"Leave Lilura alone!"

I imagined this to be spoken with the dramatic inflection of Chris "Who?" Crocker. Amazing that Lilura hasn't posted in this forum for years and she still obsesses y'all. Merry Christmas, everyone!
Maybe because (s)he didn't use chatgpt to make arguments unlike brucie, lambchop, liberal etc.

Shaki

Arbiter
"Leave Lilura alone!"

Love or hate her, Lilura was certainly one of the few truly unique characters on this forum. Independent thinkers who truly arrive at their opinions on their own, rather than either parroting groups they like, or being contrarian, tend to end up being relevant and generating a following. Whether you agree with them, or think they're completely retarded, they're always interesting and memorable, it's the type of person that you notice in the sea of NPCs.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Lilura said:
Quake movement and gunplay simply feels better: control is silkier yet weightier and more impactful (battles that evoke earthquakes)

Wait, what? Was Quake called Quake because of how its combat "feels"?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Leave Lilura alone!"

Love or hate her, Lilura was certainly one of the few truly unique characters on this forum. Independent thinkers who truly arrive at their opinions on their own, rather than either parroting groups they like, or being contrarian, tend to end up being relevant and generating a following. Whether you agree with them, or think they're completely retarded, they're always interesting and memorable, it's the type of person that you notice in the sea of NPCs.
Lol yeah he definitely wasn't parroting the latest msm WHITE PEOPLE BAD agenda, definitely 100% original scholarly research.

MerchantKing

Learned

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Why do half of her "blogs" read as if they were just wiki pages?
OOPS! I forgot to put "her" in quotes too.
Are you really a (((hook-nosed gnome))) with turnip plantation??!
Do you need workers btw?
Are you looking for a job? If so, you're out of luck. My plantation is operated by Turnip golem which are free and more efficient at picking turnips than any race!
Golems... made of turnips? And you're forcing them to harvest their own kind?

:hero:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Lilura is clearly suffering side-effects from her prolonged absence and should return promptly in order to resume her position as the gem in the crown of the Codex:

so8bdo.png

Just Locus

Educated
Never read any of Lilura's blogs - Her Morrowind blog post was the first one I read and made me consider it the last.

She throws shade about the game being on Console, saying that it "should tell the reader all they need to know about this turd" although Morrowind on Xbox felt more tacked-on than its respective sequels, or in other words, Morrowind on Xbox felt like a PC game that was reconfigured to work on Xbox, as opposed to the later games which worked the other way around.
The entirety of the blog reads like an unprofessional journalist who was forced to play Morrowind despite not enjoying it, criticizing the gameplay for the lack of 'player engagement' even though by that criteria; Oblivion and Skyrim are the most fun games because they have more 'engagement' than Morrowind in terms of combat, she doesn't mention how to find quest objectives require exploring and observing your surroundings while constantly going back to your journal to re-assess the mentioned directions comparative to your surroundings etc, which is strong player engagement that she says the game lacks, among other hypocritical and lack of attentive analysis.

Also, the font size is way too big. It serves only to give the illusion that there's more being said simply because the words cover more on the screen, among other usability issues that harm the reading experience, ones that other users on this thread have already mentioned.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How do you know lolura's a woman?
Women are more reliable at telling whether someone else on the internet is a woman or not and all the female Codexers I've known have never called it into question. It's only guys that doubt. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom