Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Butter

Arcane
Patron
What's a cRPG veteran? Is that like when you dodge the draft and then spend the war years playing Ultima?
Surely not. Nothing pre-Diablo for a monocled individual like Lilura. It means you play BG1 hundreds of times.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
What's a cRPG veteran?
You get a medal for every cRPG you completed, like this guy:

gn.JPG

jackofshadows

Magister
If you like Arcanum you're a cRPG veteran, and also based.
If you like Disco Elysium you're a redditor normie RPG noob and also a retard.
What if I like both?
Well, you know what they say about a man who builds a 1000 bridges and sucks 1 dick? Same principle here
That saying is wrong and merely a movie meme though. Look up Tchaikovsky for example. Anyway, I'm just not autistic.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
There are amazing RPGs pre-Diablo such as Wizardry 6, Dark Sun and Wasteland
I have tried two out of three and found them lacking. Primitive curiosities that don't offer the kind of content that can engage me.

Of course. The kind of content that can engage you isn't found in these games anyway, such as romances, voice acting and customizing genitalia.

Spike

Educated
I have tried two out of three and found them lacking. Primitive curiosities that don't offer the kind of content that can engage me.

Of course. The kind of content that can engage you isn't found in these games anyway, such as romances, voice acting and customizing genitalia.
I keep thinking Roguey is rogueknight333. Then I see takes saying some of the greatest crpgs of all time are lacking and I have to do a double take.

MerchantKing

Learned

I keep thinking Roguey is rogueknight333. Then I see takes saying some of the greatest crpgs of all time are lacking and I have to do a double take.
What kind of rpg veteran wouldn't consider Darklands to be the best crpg of all time? I can't think of one.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Roguey is still suffering from the influence of Josh Sawyer, the handmaiden of Decline:

"If someone were to make Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord today, I would not consider it to be an RPG [due to not having interactive story-telling]."

"If someone were to make Fallout today, I would not consider it to be an RPG due to not having companion romances."

"If someone were to make Mass Effect 3 today, I would not consider it to be an RPG due to not having motion-captured VR bear-buggery."

"If someone were to make Baldur's Gate 4 today, I would not consider it to be an RPG due to [use your imagination]."

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What kind of rpg veteran wouldn't consider Darklands to be the best crpg of all time? I can't think of one.

Lilura https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2021/02/Darklands-Review.html

Couple the overall clunkiness of Darklands with its kludgy RTwP combat system on barely-scrolling battlescapes (which should have been turn-based) -- how can it be recommended in 2023?

Wonder if she's going to keep updating that year every year.

Just the Gold Box games alone are worth it.

Nah. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...iance-for-a-bit-this-game-is-terrible.130975/

Roguey is still suffering from the influence of Josh Sawyer, the handmaiden of Decline:

"If someone were to make Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord today, I would not consider it to be an RPG [due to not having interactive story-telling]."

"If someone were to make Fallout today, I would not consider it to be an RPG due to not having companion romances."

"If someone were to make Mass Effect 3 today, I would not consider it to be an RPG due to not having motion-captured VR bear-buggery."

"If someone were to make Baldur's Gate 4 today, I would not consider it to be an RPG due to [use your imagination]."

His opinion about Wizardy was about genre labels, not quality. RPG doesn't mean "game I like." He's an Xer, his favorite games included Pool of Radiance, Darklands, and Bard's Tale.

flyingjohn

Arcane

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Plays a completely butchered version instead. So you actually never really played POR.
The game content's not going to be any different/better.

And you don't seem to have even touched the Krynn series, second favorite in the goldbox games according to most codexer's.
Consensus is that Pool/Curse are the best games so if everything else is going to be even worse than that, why bother?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom