Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

__scribbles__

Educated
That Darklands review is hilarious. I hope she reviews BloodNet some day.

MerchantKing

Learned
If you like Arcanum you're a cRPG veteran, and also based.
If you like Disco Elysium you're a redditor normie RPG noob and also a retard.
What if I like both?
Anyone who likes DE is a retarded redditer.
Shut your filthy mouth, servant of the Moralintern.
XvhwuUM.jpg

What kind of rpg veteran wouldn't consider Darklands to be the best crpg of all time? I can't think of one.

Lilura https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2021/02/Darklands-Review.html
Looks like Lilura isn't as smart as he tries to pass himself off as with most of his "blog" posts that are just the basic in game description of whatever he's talking about with nothing original to be found.

Spike

Educated
If you like Arcanum you're a cRPG veteran, and also based.
If you like Disco Elysium you're a redditor normie RPG noob and also a retard.
What if I like both?
XvhwuUM.jpg

What kind of rpg veteran wouldn't consider Darklands to be the best crpg of all time? I can't think of one.

Lilura https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2021/02/Darklands-Review.html
Looks like Lilura isn't as smart as he tries to pass himself off as with most of his "blog" posts that are just the basic in game description of whatever he's talking about with nothing original to be found.

Lilura is not that bad...She (or he?) has interesting things to say even though she (going with "she") has autistic peculiarities. She wavers in and out of being insightful and well-spoken with good points, to not-so-well argued retarded points. Kind of like the average Codex poster.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
And you don't seem to have even touched the Krynn series, second favorite in the goldbox games according to most codexer's.
Consensus is that Pool/Curse are the best games so if everything else is going to be even worse than that, why bother?
Curse of the Azure Bonds, despite being for higher character levels, removed wilderness exploration (when it should have been expanded upon from its limited existence in Pool of Radiance), and it also eliminated towns except as a menu with a few options. Dark Knights of Krynn is the 2nd best entry in the entire Gold Box series, Champions of Krynn is third, and Dark Queen of Krynn is fifth (behind CotAB), meaning the Krynn trilogy overall is much better than the quartet of games beginning with Pool of Radiance, even though PoR is the single best entry in the Gold Box series. :M

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Welcome to the cRPG Blog on the best computer role-playing games, aka best cRPGs as of 2023. For its treatment range the cRPG Blog contains four main forms of computer game commentary: reviews, guides, rankings and design theory."

I can't wait for the number change to 24.

:love:

Happy New Year, Lilura!

(0 sarcasm by the way; 100% wish for a good year)

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
There are amazing RPGs pre-Diablo such as Wizardry 6, Dark Sun and Wasteland
I have tried two out of three and found them lacking. Primitive curiosities that don't offer the kind of content that can engage me.

Of course. The kind of content that can engage you isn't found in these games anyway, such as romances, voice acting and customizing genitalia.
I keep thinking Roguey is rogueknight333. Then I see takes saying some of the greatest crpgs of all time are lacking and I have to do a double take.

Rogueknight is an amazing writer and designer. Funnily enough, skillwise he shits on industry guys with 20 years of experience like Soyer who are worshipped by Roguey

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I keep thinking Roguey is rogueknight333. Then I see takes saying some of the greatest crpgs of all time are lacking and I have to do a double take.
Roguey is still suffering from the influence of Josh Sawyer, the handmaiden of Decline:

"If someone were to make Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord today, I would not consider it to be an RPG

When I read that for the first time, it confirmed my long standing suspicion that Soyer is 1) insane, and 2) will never make anything good

What he is saying is not just false, its really almost political demagogic garbage

jackofshadows

Magister

Amazing bait MerchantKing

Very common indeed for vaxxed reddit cucks to like DE
Lowest possible troll attempt more like. I get the genre purists drama and all, like I implied earlier, some people are just too autistic about it and that's fine to me but DE is a great game on its own terms if we forget the whole RPG-affiliation thing. You should actually try it instead of shitposting about it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Rogueknight is an amazing writer and designer. Funnily enough, skillwise he shits on industry guys with 20 years of experience like Soyer who are worshipped by Roguey
I did not particularly care for the writing in Swordflight, particularly his pet character who kills you on accident.

MerchantKing

Learned

Lowest possible troll attempt more like. I get the genre purists drama and all, like I implied earlier, some people are just too autistic about it and that's fine to me but DE is a great game on its own terms if we forget the whole RPG-affiliation thing. You should actually try it instead of shitposting about it.
DE isn't even a game. A game has gameplay. DE does not.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

it has gameplay, you walk around, chose dialogue options, assign talent points to get different builds/playstyles, collect and equip items, use consumables

that's all RPG gameplay

MerchantKing

Learned

it has gameplay, you walk around,
Only a Bethestard would pass that off as gameplay.
chose dialogue options,
Not gameplay.
assign talent points to get different builds/playstyles,
Lol. If all you do is walk around and choose dialogue options then there are no playstyles. The "builds" are just getting perks to get good rng from the dialogue options. If this is what passes for gameplay, DE lovers are retarded.
collect and equip items, use consumables
This is present in many games; adventure games, action games, etc. Not just rpgs.
that's all RPG gameplay
RPG gameplay in the truest form is tactical combat with rng and available abilities determined by the character build. Since there is no combat in DE, it does not have rpg gameplay.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
DE is a great game on its own terms if we forget the whole RPG-affiliation thing. You should actually try it instead of shitposting about it.

I have tried it when it came out. The gameplay, even for an adventure game, is paper thin. I played adventure games before, I grew up on them. The game has an amazing art direction and setting and that is its main strength, but as a game it was extremely boring to me. Stuff like Kings Quest, Little Big Adventure, Heart of Darkness are like 100x more fun because they actually have gameplay. The problem is not that DE doesn't have combat, the problem is that it doesn't have rich gameplay at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom