Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters
Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
Now that the lilura blog is no longer a Codex blog, I'm prepared to fill the hole for you all. The Codex needs a blog, they need me.
rite bout bg3

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I went through some of the entries and the content there reminds me of a high schooler writing about his favorite game:

TOP TEN SWORDS IN BG/IWD
BEST SPELLS IN BG1
BEST STATS FOR FIGHTER/MAGE DUAL
BEST PARTY BUILD FOR IWD2
etc etc

That's SEO clickbait. The things you have to do to get hits.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Yeah, that's probably the case, but then again, why even bother.

Her blog is a niche (only couple of games from late 90s/early 00s) within a niche (cRPGs) - it's not that she's making a living from this.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
1awc7n.jpg

In Memoriam, Lilura's Whole Realms Catalogue, the authoritative source for adventuring goods

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, that's probably the case, but then again, why even bother.

Her blog is a niche (only couple of games from late 90s/early 00s) within a niche (cRPGs) - it's not that she's making a living from this.
Actually, AdWords may not agree with you if, statistically, the group searching these terms is older and affluent. :M

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like Lilura.

The thing that stuck with me while perusing his blog was the section where he highlighted that it's a (lost) art to know how to write for a fantasy RPG, to know to set the tone/mood/immerse the player.

And as a reference he posted Elminster's letter to Gorion from Baldur's Gate 1.
Spot on.

I hope he returns and learns to realize that there are way more people that appreciate his work and passion than the critics or the scatophile *voices* of deranged youngsters that wax their shaft thinking he was indeed a woman, runts that then use their jizz infested fingers to type mean things just to get their perverted kicks on a roll. :)

Last edited:

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I haven't been here that long but as I understand it the problem is that the Codex is about 80% of people here are like "hey, I'm the woman-hating variety of homosexual male, get out of my gay treehouse/bathhouse". And then there's 15% who are like "hurry up and show feet".

I propose a project where we just kind of say to her stuff like uhh... "Hey, Lilura I don't care about most of those games but I honestly really like your content about JA2 and learned a lot about the game from it. Wow, what are those socks that you're wearing?"

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's a great blog, but she is borderline mentally ill. The only person obsessed with her blog is herself.

That's not borderline, that is full blown narcissism. It boggles the mind that any person could be so proud of having a blog that talks on and on about the best weapons in BG2 and similar content (not to mention the horrible design of said blog). "She" should have been banned for "her" constant self-promotion a long time ago.

Thal

Prophet
Lilura deserves credit for being possibly the only contemporary resource that covers BG1 classic instead of BG:EE. The only alternatives that I'm aware of are old gamefaqs guides. Moreover, she has also highlighted the fact that EE fucks up the game balance thoroughly with its pernicious "enhancements". Even if just one newbie chooses to play the real BG1 instead of the EE because of her coverage, her blog has served some greater purpose.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a great blog, but she is borderline mentally ill. The only person obsessed with her blog is herself.

That's not borderline, that is full blown narcissism. It boggles the mind that any person could be so proud of having a blog that talks on and on about the best weapons in BG2 and similar content (not to mention the horrible design of said blog). "She" should have been banned for "her" constant self-promotion a long time ago.

that reminds me of an article on narcissists online and Lilura was ticking quite a few box in the checklist:

Not belonging to web communities, except as a guru
  • Ordering the other members to get back on topic and stop derailing the thread. This may involve creative reinterpretations of the thread topic.
  • Ordering specific members out of the conversation. "Your contributions are not useful," "I don't understand why you're here. Why don't you find somewhere more to your liking?", "Do not respond to me again."
  • Deleting opponents' comments or entire threads, when the site allows it.
  • Deleting their own comments and leaving the conversation.
Using pet words and phrases

Though not all or even most of the boxes, so I don't think Lilura is one, just somewhere on the
crazyrobot.gif
spectrum

EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE NEWSFLASH
First ever video of Lilura's gaming sessions with her friends. Watch at your own discretion.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

laclongquan

Arcane
Beech please, you speak of borderline mental ill as if some rare, unknown, never happen here at Codex.

I remind you that we have the best collection of weirdos on Net in the gaming category

We have functional trannie (SMA as representative).
We have hardcore gamers who go on to open company to develop games SUCCESSFULLY. Aka Vault Dweller as one but not only.
We have writer who made book about games with an awesome length. Which frankly show his dedication.
We have gamers still praise the art and quality of Gold Box games which should be played no more outside of Codex.

What is a girl who blog exclusively about some top Codex games? borderline mental ill? She can stand in line. A line of at least twenty persons I can think of.

Last edited:

d1nolore

Savant
This is currently my favourite soap opera. Has the dragon lady finally given in?

DaveO

Erudite
I don't believe for a second that she's gone for good. Now I was willing and able to "call her out" without getting into too much drama. The odd thing is that if it was reaction to some member(s) here, then why is this thread over 60 pages long? Personally, I'm going to let things lie. It's not like my life is defined by what she does or does not do.

For you M&M fans, I'll be having a Discord chat at 1PM Eastern on 4/11/2021. If you want or need the link, I can provide. Some folks from the Codex may want to get in on this since I'll likely talk about the Lord Brinne tribute in MM8.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom