Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime List of games that are worth buying PlayStation 5 for

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Not all of these are PS5 exclusives, but I have no interest in a gaming PC anymore, and certainly not getting an Xbone/Xboxex/whatever.

Right now these come to mind:

Demon Souls Remake
Dead Space Remake
Lords of the Fallen
Final Fantasy XVI
Duragonuzu Dokuma II *
Rise of the Ronin *
Alone in the Dark (2024) *
Remnant 2 (?????) **

* tentative
** doubt

Hm... that's not a very long list. Am I forgetting anything?

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
GBHzlIcWgAAjWwy

DemonKing

Arcane
If you like 3rd person action adventure (non-soulslike) they have some decent stuff - Uncharted, Spiderman, God of War, Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushmia.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
The PC advantage over consoles has only grown more profound over time. There's literally no reason to fuck with that shit unless you're a small child or a tech-illiterate grandma and installing software on a computer intimidates you.

ferratilis

Magister
Do you want to be limited to only one storefront and pay more for games than on PC?
Do you want to be forced to pay yearly subscription to be able to use cloud saves and have access to online multiplayer?
Do you want to buy new controllers every year, because they develop stick drift all the time?
Do you want to have a bulky console that looks like a modem more than a gaming device?

Even if the answer to all these questions is yes, it just makes no sense to buy one, since most Sony exclusives are coming to PC nowadays. Even with a midrange PC, you already have many consoles, through emulators. You also have Xbox, through game pass. You just buy a controller with hall effect sensors, and you're set. Plus, there are dozens of storefronts where you can buy cheap games, or hell, even pirate them. Buying a console for exclusives used to make sense a decade ago, but not anymore. PC is king.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Do you want to be limited to only one storefront
If it's the PlayStation one, then sure, why not. They have all the good exclusives.

Do you want to be forced to pay yearly subscription to be able to use cloud saves and have access to online multiplayer?
Don't pay any subscription, don't give a shit about online multiplayer, have never needed cloud saves, ever.

Do you want to buy new controllers every year, because they develop stick drift all the time?
Haven't bought a single new controller, still using the one that originally came with the console. Works perfectly.

Do you want to have a bulky console that looks like a modem more than a gaming device?
It's much smaller than a PC tower and looks great. Who cares how it looks, anyway?

pay more for games than on PC
You can't pirate games on PS, that is true, but you also don't have to bother with all the piracy-related annoyances.

Even if the answer to all these questions is yes
The answer to all these questions is you're a retard who literally doesn't know what he's blathering on.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Do you want to be limited to only one storefront and pay more for games than on PC?

Even if the answer to all these questions is yes, it just makes no sense to buy one, since most Sony exclusives are coming to PC nowadays. Even with a midrange PC, you already have many consoles, through emulators. You also have Xbox, through game pass. You just buy a controller with hall effect sensors, and you're set. Plus, there are dozens of storefronts where you can buy cheap games, or hell, even pirate them. Buying a console for exclusives used to make sense a decade ago, but not anymore. PC is king.
PCs are annoying.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I thought Falksi had become a money-wasting casual. Avatars are too similar.

El Presidente

Arcane

PCs are annoying.
? Don't you also have to download/install/update games on consoles too these days? Genuine question, my last console was a PS2. Not to mention they're just as prone to crashing back to the system as PC games are these days, or so I've read.

If that's the case the simpler, plug and play advantage is gone.

Mortmal

Arcane
Here's my list:
Get them on pc a few years later, there's not a single exclusive worth getting. if you want demon's soul get it on PS3 for cheap.

Mortmal

Arcane
The PC advantage over consoles has only grown more profound over time. There's literally no reason to fuck with that shit unless you're a small child or a tech-illiterate grandma and installing software on a computer intimidates you.
True, but that's many people, many, many people. Most people, in fact, who should get their console for playing FIFA.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
"Do I want to play FF16 now or wait for the PC release and how much am I willing to pay to do it?"
Actual question you're asking. Knowing your taste in games you would be infinitely better off with a steam deck and a dock. Emulation station will configure all the emulators for you and run all the shoot 'em ups you want. Steam deck is hassle free PC gaming (for the most part) and you can even use it for game pass streaming/cloud gaming so you can stream all of the xbox console games you want if you have a decent connection.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
It's embarassing that sony decided to release this console without any major iconic release to launch alongside it and serve as major marketing material. What the hell were they thinking?

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Here's my list:
Get them on pc a few years later, there's not a single exclusive worth getting. if you want demon's soul get it on PS3 for cheap.
Got leaked like a week ago that demon's souls remastered is gonna release on PC likely this year btw.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
It's embarassing that sony decided to release this console without any major iconic release to launch alongside it and serve as major marketing material. What the hell were they thinking?
The same thing they thought with the PS4 and the PS3? Vitas the only recent Sony console with an actual launch library.
Here's my list:
Got leaked like a week ago that demon's souls remastered is gonna release on PC likely this year btw.
We see those leaks constantly. The original reveal even said on PC.

Sibelius

Novice
I bought a PS5 just after release, for my son who plays multiplayer shit on the Playstation Network with his mates.

I get it on loan when he is using his PC, of all the PS exclusives (some now ex-exclusives) I have played:

Returnal - Excellent rougelite, really enjoyed it
Bloodborne - Masterpiece
Ghost of Tsushima - Pretty good
Shadow of the Colossus - Excellent
The Last Guardian - PS2/3 Action Adventure with zero hand holding
The Last of Us 1 - Decent game, totally overhyped

I have also played Demon's Souls, but I played the original From Software version emulated on PC at 4k 60 FPS.

Zlaja

Arcane
Bloodborne - Masterpiece
Ghost of Tsushima - Pretty good
Shadow of the Colossus - Excellent
The Last Guardian - PS2/3 Action Adventure with zero hand holding
The Last of Us 1 - Decent game, totally overhyped

All of these are available on the PS4 (the console Liberal Skinwalker owns).

Am I forgetting anything?

Robocop: Rogue City and Plague Tale: Requiem are only available on current gen consoles (also PC). Same goes for Bear Gate 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom