Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime List of games that are worth buying PlayStation 5 for

Machocruz

Arcane
There's a number of PC ports on PS5, if you want something besides brainless action games but without whatever hassle PC brings to you. When I had a PS5, I almost bought Battle Brothers when it was on sale.

Ezekiel

Arcane
A Plague Tale: Innocence sucked, the sequel probably does too. When you ignore the setting, there is no artistry at all. Really generic and simple mechanically. I posted in more detail in the Innocence thread.

DemonKing

Arcane
Is it any good?
Finished yesterday (PC). The positives were the world building being faithful to the movie, Peter Weller reprising his role and some of the environmental art was ok. The negatives were the janky combat, horrible character models (hard to believe this is UE5 - looks like a ps2 game sometimes) and the repeated use of the same environments over and over again with a slightly different art pass.

I'd say it's a bargain bin buy if you're a fan of the movies but not worth getting for its gameplay alone.

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey guys, let's play some games on an xbox
1.jpg

WTF, someone plays an xbox here?! Get a PS!
2.jpg

Agreed, PS is a better console!
3.jpg

Someone remove that xbox guy!
4.jpg

Fluffing console peasants, you disgust me.
5.jpg

Stop playing games and get a job, worthless bums.
6.jpg

Doktor Best

Arcane
I like to play my soulslikes on big tv screen so i buy them on PS5

God of War games were decent 8/10 titles

PSVR2 has Gran Turismo 7, Resident Evil 4 Remake and Resident Evil Village

Ghost of Tsushima is better than Assassins Creed. Not a masterpiece but solid 8/10

Obviously Bloodborne if you havent played it yet

Jason Liang

Arcane
Games that we have. Some are Switch ports, I don't think they are available on PC:

Cyperpunk 2077
Uncharted 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
God of War Ragnarok
Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory
Final Fantasy 7R+I
Nier Automata
Yakuza 0, 1 and 2 Kiwami Collection
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
GTA V
King of Fighters XV with seasons 1 and 3 DLCs
Samurai Shodown with season 1 DLC
Mortal Kombat 11
Super Bomberman R2 <-- Switch
Sine Mora Ex <-- Switch
Mechwarrior 5
Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2
Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville
Minecraft
NBA 2k23
PGA 2k23
Madden NFL 2k21
Jedi Fallen Order

Haven't regretted anything. A bunch of these we got a few months ago Game Stop sale 4 games for $10 and 4 games for $20.

I also played and beat Death Stranding and Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy from PS Plus. Both are pretty good.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If it's only for exclusives, it's not worth it.

There are a few games that I will get on PS5. Stellar Blade, Unicorn Overlord, Rise of the Ronin, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, Dragon's Dogma II, and Metaphor: ReFantazio.

The Decline

Arcane
PS5 might be worth it now that you can jailbreak it. Have to find one with firmware 4.51 or below though.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I like to play my soulslikes on big tv screen so i buy them on PS5
I'll never understand this line of reasoning. You can plug your PC into your TV just as easily as a console.

My PC is in my workspace, not in the living room which is a hallway and one room away. I dont like having a big TV in my workspace as it doesnt really fit and i would rarely use it besides for gaming. I also want to just slouch on the couch when i play sometimes, not sit in my office chair.

I could connect the TV and the PC remotely, but that would add latency. A PS5 doesnt really hurt me financially and i wanted it for PSVR2 anyways.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Any other next-gen games that are definitely worth buying a new system for? Keep in mind that it doesn't absolutely have to be a PS5. It could just as easily be a new gaming PC. I mean, I'm not wasting time on that shit, but for you it could be.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Added Alone in the Dark remake. Anything else worth adding? Doesn't have to be a PS5 exclusive, just a game that has come out on PS5 but not on PS4.

Ivan

Arcane
Returnal would be the only dead brainer for me. I loved Nex Machina and I hear this is a AAA version of that

goddamn that Nex Machina soundtrack/visuals are so good, I'm itching to reinstall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom