Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of WASD-like control 3D RPG games (single player)

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Hümmel , please you do not understand. It's about significant C&C. Choices that matter. Where do you fart? How far do you kick teh chicken? Does gaem let you touch boobs of hot chick or not? Do you bash barrel now or later? Where do you drop the Fireball, right, left, in the middle?
Stuff like this.

Sry but I just can't stop.

Dickweed

Educated
I AGREE MODERN RPGS DON'T HAVE ENOUGH COMMAND & CONQUER. I REMEMBER WHEN THEY ALL USED TO HAVE COMMAND & CONQUER LIKE IN FALLOUT WHERE YOU HAD QUESTS WHERE DOING THEM WOULD CHANGE A TOWN A LITTLE BIT AND CHANGE YOUR REPUTATION FOR THE GAME OR FALLOUT 2 WHERE YOU HAD QUESTS WHERE DOING THEM WOULD CHANGE A TOWN A LITTLE BIT AND CHANGE YOUR REPUTATION FOR THE GAME NOT LIKE THIS NEW CRAP LIKE FALLOUT 3 WHERE YOU HAVE QUESTS THAT CHANGE A TOWN A LITTLE BIT AND CHANGE YOUR REPUTATION FOR THE GAME.

MODERN RPGS ARE SUCH GARBAGE THEY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DO COMMAND & CONQUER LIKE IN THE OLD DAYS BECAUSE THEY SERIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PUT COMMAND & CONQUER IN GAMES AT ALL.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Jasede
@ GarfunkeL

Oky, i'll do it for the sadistic pleasure and RPG knowledge of the Codex. And, i mean, even if, like, the LP is Black Cat being anihilated a whole lot that would result to be a fitting introduction to the game. Now, let me see what do i need...

@ Emotional Vampire's Dark Elf Image

Every time some one posts that image i can't help but be amazed at how detailed the face and head and expression are, for something so small. The sculptor is, like, totally wasting his skills doing Lineage softcore figures. And no, that doesn't mean he should be doing Lineage hardcore ones, either.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Hümmelgümpf said:
MetalCraze less than a week ago said:
They are going down the shitter because they are all about character skill, don't have enough C&C and story and therefore aren't worth playing and not RPGs.
Rather fickle, aren't we?

Or somebody fails at detecting sarcasm.

Hory

Erudite
Darth Roxor said:
Hory said:
C&C is THE component of RPGs.

Good God, shut the fuck up already.
Which game has the freedom of choice of P&P RPGs and the in depth systems for determining the outcome of these choices (rather than static outcomes)? That's right, none.
q.e.d.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Hory said:
Darth Roxor said:
Hory said:
C&C is THE component of RPGs.

Good God, shut the fuck up already.
Which game has the freedom of choice of P&P RPGs and the in depth systems for determining the outcome of these choices (rather than static outcomes)? That's right, none.
q.e.d.

Rulesets are THE components of RPGs. Strip an RPG of its ruleset, even if it has choices around every corner, and you get an adventure game.

Which game has the freedom of choice of P&P RPGs? None, because you don't have any living GM who'd watch over the consequences, true. But which has in depth systems for determining the outcomes? Almost each and every one, I guess, since the rulesets, the dice, the skill checks and the random chances are all there.

Oops, I guess your QED is wrong.

cesm23 said:
it's useless everyone only thinks about trooling and bullying others... just read the rest of the pages after page 1-2. I have quit.

[Dances to the trumpet tune of 'I think I can beat Mike Tyson' by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the French Prince]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom