Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of WASD-like control 3D RPG games (single player)

cesm23

Novice
looool?? Please be more specific... tell me which ones.

Krokar

Scholar
Far Cry 2 IS an RPG. You play the role of some merc, who goes to Africa to kill this evil guy. Sometimes I play as hunter, so I sneak around and shoot animals. Once I even roleplayed a mechanic. Isearched for broken down cars and then I repaired them. So many roleplaying choices, but unfortunately not as many as in Oblivion :/

cesm23

Novice
oh i see he meant the WASD keys "literally"... i see that no one noticed the "-like" part in the title :) But i don't know other short way of descriving this type of movements to fit in the topic title. The point here is listing games in which we can directly control the character, even if it's not the WASD keys exactly, and yes i also use the ESDF combination.

cesm23

Novice
another fps with roleplay elements ? Well this is becoming too much roleplay elements i think it's maybe better doing a separate topic for those games since they usually are more like fps than normal rpgs i think...

Krokar

Scholar
cesm23 said:
oh i see he meant the WASD keys "literally"... i see that no one noticed the "-like" part in the title

So arrow keys are OK too? If so then Colin McRae Rally series. You play the role of Colin McRae, where you have to defeat your opponents. Between the stages you have to make a lot of choices for example what tires you will use, what damaged part of the car to repair ect. But you will only like it if you like choices & consequences in your RPGs, cause that game has tons of it.

Divinity: Original Sin
Krokar said:
cesm23 said:
oh i see he meant the WASD keys "literally"... i see that no one noticed the "-like" part in the title

So arrow keys are OK too? If so then Colin McRae Rally series. You play the role of Colin McRae, where you have to defeat your opponents. Between the stages you have to make a lot of choices for example what tires you will use, what damaged part of the car to repair ect. But you will only like it if you like choices / consequences in your RPGs, cause that game has tons of it.

Epic

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Krokar said:
OMG I can't belive no one mentioned Oblivion! Awesome, awesome game. It has everything you would expact from good RPG: great graphics, immersive gameworld, deep story, better AI then any other game... And you can always download new mods like horse armor, new spells ect. AAA class RPG.

Is there a fart mod for Oblivion? - I'm not playing it till there is goddamit!! :evil:

Mighty Mouse

Novice
cesm23 said:
another fps with roleplay elements ? Well this is becoming too much roleplay elements i think it's maybe better doing a separate topic for those games since they usually are more like fps than normal rpgs i think...

He only wanted to help you... there's no need to be so evil with him... ;)

EDIT: and World of Warcraft? it's another good WASD RPG.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Why the fuck isn't Crysis on this list! :x

Like all RPG's YOU PLAY THE GAME AND MAKE CHOICES ALL THE TIME! Like shall I approach this situation with CLOAK ENGAGED, or MAXIMUM STRENGTH, or MAXIMUM ARMOR, or MAXIMUM SPEED!

And all the weapons allow you to CHOOSE how to configure them!

The RPG options available in Crysis are utterly mind-boggling!

And it has aliens, like Mass Effect.

p.s. sticky this plz

cesm23

Novice
He only wanted to help you... there's no need to be so evil with him... ;)

Lol another misunderstooding i was not being harsh at him, but mostly about the situation itself i hope he doesn't think i was mad at him, absolutly not, again you guys sorry for this but it's not my fault i always express myself like this even when i am in a good mood, unless i have to stick smileys everywhere to avoid misunderstoodings ? :) :)

Also of course i am not being harsh for those that try to help me by the contrary i am quite happy for the suggestions i have been receiving here, but i can't just change the way i talk i always talk like this even when i am in good mood! :)

EDIT: and World of Warcraft? it's another good WASD RPG.
[/quote]

Yes but unfortunately it's a mmorpg and in the topic title i wrote single player since i am not much used to online gaming.

There now i think i solved the problem, i now have two lists, one of the "normal" rpgs and the other with the FPS which have RPG elements.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
AlaCarcuss said:
...farting was merely an example. It's not like a game must have farting - otherwise it sucks.

So - if it doesn't have farting, it has sucking? I'm confused :cry:

No I meant if it doesn't have farting it does not automatically suck. After all farting in your RPG was one of the contributions of Fable to the genre. So older games are kinda excused. Of course it was also merely one example exactly like chicken kicking, since Fables innovative contributions to the CRPG genre are legion,which is certainly one of the reasons that made this game so great.

Deleted member 7219

First person shooters with RPG elements :

Bioshock
Crysis
Daikatana
Deus ex
Farcry series
Halo series
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Can someone explain how Crysis, Daikatana, Far Cry and Halo have 'RPG elements'? Heck, the only thing that is an 'RPG'ish about Chernobyl is the fact it has quests and an inventory.

cesm23

Novice
Yeah i ask the same too but since i am not sure i will let them in that category until someone clarifies this for sure since i haven't played most of them seriously, then i will remove the ones that don't fit there.

Deleted member 7219

cesm23 said:
Yeah i ask the same too but since i am not sure i will let them in that category until someone clarifies this for sure since i haven't played most of them seriously, then i will remove the ones that don't fit there.

Actually I just realised what they were talking about now. You should add Call of Duty 4 to the list, that had some really good RPG stuff. Choices and consequences - you could choose whether to stab your enemies, shoot them with a pistol, shoot them with a rifle or blow them up with a grenade. And the story was really deep.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Why is "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series" marked in red btw? Does that mean you don't like it? Because seriously I can't understand how someone couldn't love these games. I mean you have a lightsaber and Jedi powers, common what's more badass than that. If there is one thing that could've improved Fable even more it's certainly Lightsabers and Jedipowers.

protobob

Liturgist
Often individuals of a group seek to be united in their joint exclusion of an other, but this just shows how weak the bond actually is.

Deleted member 7219

protobob said:
Often individuals of a group seek to be united in their joint exclusion of an other, but this just shows how weak the bond actually is.

Is that an RPG or an FPS with RPG elements? I haven't heard of it.

cesm23

Novice
Why is "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series" marked in red btw? Does that mean you don't like it? Because seriously I can't understand how someone couldn't love this games. I mean you have a lightsaber and Jedi powers, common what's more badass than that. If there is one thing that could've improved Fable even more it's certainly Lightsabers and Jedipowers.

Yeah the theme of the game i really like but those controls are VERY strange to me, i am unable to play like that, the game have very weird controls, i don't remember right now exactly since this was several months ago but in kotor2 i had a LOT of trouble with the controls in the fights, and i think it wasn't possible to change those controls, but i am not sure anymore i just remember it was something to do with the controls and that i was UNABLE to fix that problem.

By the way the star wars game i liked more, is the latest one in which we are able to play as darth vader in the beginning (it's not rpg), unfortunately there is no pc version but i have ps2 so i could play it, that's the one i would like in the pc. Don't rememeber it's name right now.

Malachi

Liturgist
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Why is "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series" marked in red btw? Does that mean you don't like it? Because seriously I can't understand how someone couldn't love this games. I mean you have a lightsaber and Jedi powers, common what's more badass than that. If there is one thing that could've improved Fable even more it's certainly Lightsabers and Jedipowers.

That would have been awesome! You could then have TWO sparkly quest trails -- a blue one for Light Side, and a red one for Dark Side! Excellent use of "innovation"!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom