Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of WASD-like control 3D RPG games (single player)

dextermorgan

Arcane
Awwww, poor thing, I'm so sorry for breaking your circle-jerk.

Malachi

Liturgist
The thread was fun while it lasted. I guess this means I have to get back to work, alas.

Krokar said:
Malachi said:
You could then have TWO sparkly quest trails -- a blue one for Light Side, and a red one for Dark Side! Excellent use of "innovation"!

And where those two trails would cross, you would get purple aka neutral one. THIS. IS. AWESOME!

Krokar, are you a SMA alt? Just noticed you used the same androgenous portrait tis all.

VentilatorOfDoom said:
I think cesm23 and dextermorgan are the same person.

Nah, different writing styles. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that cesm23 is a child, given his taste in games and his having the free time to give a shit about WASD control schemes. And this really isn't a very healthy place for children:)

cesm23

Novice
lol i already said a few replys ago (in fact it's hard to find now after all these "offtopic" replys, that english is not my native language, i am from portugual altough i understand and speak english well but i am still not that good as a english native speaking person.

Also i am 29 years old, not that matters much for the topic's subject! lool
I only use cesm23 in my name since i usually like to use the same username in the forums i register and i started using internet and foruns when i was about 23 years old. (ok a little earlier i admit).

Also you all have to understand that i haven't created this topic to discuss which is the best or worst rpg, because as i said in the beginning what sucks for some people is great to others, so i really don't care much of what someone thinks about a rpg i can't judge a rpg by other's oppinions, what i need is facts about the game, i mean, just if it's controllable in a "wasd" type (that means, with any keys at all) or point or click, and also if it's single player or not, or is a 3d rpg, etc i don't care if it's good or not in other's oppinions because i am the one that will be playing it so it's going to be me that will judge by myself when i play it. That's something i have learned bymyself when i found out that the majority of games that other people like so much, are the ones i happen to dislike and those i like more are usually the ones that have worst reviews!

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
dextermorgan disappeared and cesm23 is back! what a coincidence.
I'm still with you cesm23, don't let those angry fools derail this awesome thread.

cesm23

Novice
dextermorgan disappeared and cesm23 is back! what a coincidence.

and now ? it's still the same person me and him ? loool But i toke that as you kidding as well :)

Wulfstand

Prophet
Mate, some of the best rpgs are point and click-style.Right now I'm enjoying another run at Planescape: Torment, and man, did I miss it's setting and write-style.

If you're looking to overlook the fact that the controls are point and click, here's a list of games that I think you'll enjoy.

For starters, you might want to check out the Baldur's Gate series (I STRONGLY recommend BG 2+ it's expansion, Throne of Bhaal). If you enjoy point and click combat and great 2d views+some more than decent music, try Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale 2, and Temple of Elemental Evil.
If you enjoy games with a strong plot and great setting (as in universe,culture,etc), you must play Planescape: Torment.
If you liked the Mad Max movies, and hence you like the post-apocalyptic setting, try both Fallout 1+2, NOT Fallout 3.

These are pretty much the best point and click rpgs ever made. I might have slipped past some in this post, but really those mentioned above are more then enough for a while :) .

dextermorgan

Arcane
What he said, + Arcanum dammit, you can't leave Arcanum out of the list.

cesm23 said:
and now ? it's still the same person me and him ? loool But i toke that as you kidding as well :)

Man, what's with you and the cheerful disposition? We weren't kidding, we were flaming each other over you!

cesm23

Novice
dextermorgan said:
Man, what's with you and the cheerful disposition? We weren't kidding, we were flaming each other over you!

Lol! Are you trying to make me swear and not being polite ? Nice try but it won't work :)

But i would really like to the offtopics to end this is taking too much pages for nothing and doesn't contribute to the topic.

Quilty

Magister
I actually have nothing better to do than google cesm23...and the posts on other forums are very similar to these. Can a person truly fail a sarcasm check so many times on the codex?

Naaah...

cesm23

Novice
Wulfstand said:
Mate, some of the best rpgs are point and click-style.Right now I'm enjoying another run at Planescape: Torment, and man, did I miss it's setting and write-style.

If you're looking to overlook the fact that the controls are point and click, here's a list of games that I think you'll enjoy.

For starters, you might want to check out the Baldur's Gate series (I STRONGLY recommend BG 2+ it's expansion, Throne of Bhaal). If you enjoy point and click combat and great 2d views+some more than decent music, try Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale 2, and Temple of Elemental Evil.
If you enjoy games with a strong plot and great setting (as in universe,culture,etc), you must play Planescape: Torment.
If you liked the Mad Max movies, and hence you like the post-apocalyptic setting, try both Fallout 1+2, NOT Fallout 3.

These are pretty much the best point and click rpgs ever made. I might have slipped past some in this post, but really those mentioned above are more then enough for a while :) .

Sorry i ABSOLUTLY dislike point and click... and yes i have tried playing games like that, for example, diablo 2, dungeon siege and the sims (even tough it's not a rpg it's a point and click anyway) and i really can't see how can some would like to play like this, anyways another thing i said in the beginning of the topic is that this isn't meant to be a wasd vs point and click discussion... thanks for the suggestions anyway but i really don't like point and click :)

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Quilty said:
I actually have nothing better to do than google cesm23...and the posts on other forums are very similar to these. Can a person truly fail a sarcasm check so many times on the codex?

Naaah...

tbh I never believed this, I think it is some exquisit trolling.

dextermorgan=cesm23, I'm 60% sure or 70%.

cesm23

Novice
tbh I never believed this, I think it is some exquisit trolling.

dextermorgan=cesm23, I'm 60% sure or 70%

Man just believe what you want, what would that change to me ? I just wonder why the heck you think i would even bother doing something like this in the first place, i have better things to do than spam my own topic if i would really be doing this...

Diablo 2 is not an RPG
What? You're kidding right ? Diablo 2 is what then ? A car racing game ? lool Even in wikipedia says it's a rpg.

About dungeon siege... i kind liked it but the point and click thing just made me not play it anymore.

cesm23

Novice
i hope that all these previous spam/offtopics will end if not i will simply have to start ignoring all off topics like this, becuase this is just a waste of time, like this it's no fun at all. And i apreciate those that GENUINELY try to help by indicating games for this category and not those that like to spam the topic.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Either you're one very persistent and effective troll or incredibly dense. Both will guarantee some more lulz, even though most of this thread's potential has already been used up. Try something fresh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom