Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Looking for a good Offline RPG...

DraQ

Arcane
Almost every RPG has you become too strong at one point, I don't see a problem in letting the player fully indulge in that if he wants to. You want to grind until you're level 9000? Sure, why not.
That indicates player is moron and looks for wrong things in RPGs.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
Try Dark Souls, Darklands, The Dark Eye: Drakensang, The Dark Eye: Drakensang- River of Time, or Dark Sun.
You forgot Risen 2

More relevant to the OP's question, I think that Divine Divinity would qualify, especially in terms of the skill system. I haven't played it yet, although I bought it during a sale and added it to my to-play list.
I think he might like Divinity 2. It's vidya game cocaine.

So what? As long as it doesn't damage normal gameplay (you aren't required to grind), I don't care how some other guy gets his jollies.
You, sir, are promoting degenerate gameplay.

So what? As long as it doesn't damage normal gameplay (you aren't required to grind), I don't care how some other guy gets his jollies.

Better than going out of our way to prevent people from indulging in their obsessions and playing however they want. :balance:

DraQ

Arcane
More relevant to the OP's question, I think that Divine Divinity would qualify, especially in terms of the skill system. I haven't played it yet, although I bought it during a sale and added it to my to-play list.
I liked Divinity 2, despite it's MMO stylization.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane

Better than going out of our way to prevent people from indulging in their obsessions and playing however they want. :balance:

Jesus, the codex made him a smilie?

I liked Divinity 2, despite it's MMO stylization.
MMO stylization, which, incidentally, is what OP was looking for. You liked Divinity 2 IN SPITE of it's MMOness, and OP is actually looking for it, which should logically mean that he'll enjoy the game even more than you did. I've only played a few hours of an old F2P MMO so I'm not really sure what makes it such, but I probably liked that aspect of Divinity 2 because it was unique to me. I do really like the simple and open nature of the skill tree that allows for custom builds. I guess it's technically not a tree, just a big list of 50 or so skills to pick and choose from and upgrade. And the nonstop loot is also a guilty pleasure. Anyhow, this game is of a unique enough sort for me that it distracted me from my first Fallout run (blasphemy!)

It's settled then, johnhanger1992 needs to go play Divinity 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom