Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost and forgotten (except by us)

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
With the other discussed name, another, surreal hidden gem came into mind. Noctropolis. A scifi-horror mix of urban detective, adventure, comic, larger-then-life plot, hideous yet charming fmvs, and broad imaginativeness.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/377070/Noctropolis/

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Hiversaries. I played this little game in 2013 and, after that gaming black hole that were the '00s (at least in the west), it rekindled my interest in videogames.

ujc1xT.jpg

I loved the cryptic atmosphere and the style. It plays like an old point & click adventure, but you have to figure out everything from zero, no hand-holding (this was unheard of in 2013). You have to figure out even how the UI works.
Now it is free at itch.io (https://hundredrabbits.itch.io/hiversaires).

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, I played the demo of this. I don't remember anything about it, other that it had ground and underground layers like Armies of Exigo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom