Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost and forgotten (except by us)

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I'm getting super frustrated by memories of a roguelike I played in the early 00s.

It was post-apoc and you got new mutations when you levelled up.

It was so long ago that I barely remember any more than that.
Sounds like Caves of Qud.

lightbane

Arcane
Alpha man? I think it was called like this. There was an abandoned LP here IIRC.

Last edited:

Aemar

Arcane

One of the best simulators there ever was! The versatility of imaginative air-crafts, the bravado, the story and its twists!
...and the Abu Simbel mission... heh, git gud you silly reviewers! :)

I remember playing the demo back in the day. Never got past that though. This is a game that somehow has just reminded me of the original Rogue Squadron. Were these RS games any good?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

One of the best simulators there ever was! The versatility of imaginative air-crafts, the bravado, the story and its twists!

I remember playing the demo back in the day. Never got past that though. This is a game that somehow has just reminded me of the original Rogue Squadron. Were these RS games any good?

I believe RS is even better than X-Wings or TIE-Fighters because they unfurled/expanded every element of the game genre back then.

T. Reich

Arcane
Anyway, I came here to put these up. I loved playing these two games.

Iron Lord, C64

OMG, they used Gaudete as soundtrack!
A bit of a weird choice, given that it's a Christmas carol.
Also, here's a parody of it to ruin your childhood with (or maybe not):

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
And to think i could have bought that and kept it shrinkwrapped.

You could buy this!

I'm surprised promotional thong wasn't included in the box.

Last edited:

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Forget about the game, but the intro is truly endearing.

Wikipedia hover pop-ups over links are a wonderful thing...

pTNTFk9.png

La vie sexuelle

Learned

solemgar

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyway, I came here to put these up. I loved playing these two games.

Iron Lord, C64

Adventures of Robin Hood, Amiga

Played Iron Lord on PC/DOS.

Could never make it out of the stupid archery contest. The game was not bad though, have good memories of it.

I believe RS is even better than X-Wings or TIE-Fighters because they unfurled/expanded every element of the game genre back then.

Rogue Squadron doesn't hold a candle to X-Wing (much less Tie Fighter) - it's a consolized, simplified popamole shooter with none of the simulationist aspects of the PC games. Completely different genres.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Someone probably posted this before but Nocturne (warning below video has spoiler).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIcFGF2w2dQ

Too bad this game didn't catch on like Bloodrayne. I love the whole occult FBI concept.
I played the first act when it was released, and it was very atmospheric, indeed. Quite enjoyed it. Somehow I never made it to the second and third acts, so maybe time to revisit the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom